post #61 of 2164 Old 06-25-2008, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrndNtrl View Post

I have a quick question for those out there experiencing the issue-

Has anyone placed an AV receiver between the HTPC and the set? Does this seem to fix the issue?

I have an AVR-2308CI sitting in the box right now, and I'm kind of tempted to pop that in and see if it works better.

I was wondering the same thing and asked the question without response so far. I would have to imagine if your receiver was on a different input other than the CPU, the TV wouldn't see the voltage "error". Instead would see a normal. But that's just a guess based on my thoughts.

Hopefully someone will confirm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 2164 Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 PM

Alright, i'm gonna try to play test dummy with this. I'll probably post results later

I need to test my speakers anyhow...

Edit: Success, job's a goodun
post #63 of 2164 Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM

svkowalski i believe you're right.

I just bought a Panasonic TH-42PZ800U and had the same problem. 10 blinks and the TV would not start. Then after some trial and error I solved the problem!

Here is my (apparent) observation and solution:
I had only one input into the TV, which was my HTPC connected via a DVI-to-HDMI cable plugged into the Panny's HDMI 1 slot. *IF* the HTPC was already on, then the Panny would have the blink of death. *BUT* if the HTPC was off, the Panny booted fine (assuming I cleared the blink of death first by powering off the HTPC, unplugging the TV, and replugging the TV back in with the HTPC still off).

My solution was to move the HDMI cable from slot 1 to slot 3 (also in the rear panel). After making this one change, everything worked as it should. No more 10 blinks of death. I could even leave the HTPC on and turn on the TV last, and it still worked. Tried this 10 times, worked 10 times.

I don't know if this will solve other people's problems, but I hope it at least provides some clues. I wonder if this is a fundamental circuit design flaw on the part of Panasonic, rather than a "bad batch of parts" problem.

Thoughts? Feedback?
post #64 of 2164 Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Got the TH-42PZ80 a week ago and I'm delighted with everything except the 10 blinking red power error when my MythTV box (PC) is plugged into either of the rear HDMI ports. The front one works, but it's ugly to look at.

The Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard that I used in the MythTV box make the TV do the ten blinks. There are other issues with the DVI out on that mobo, so I tried adding a separate video adapter. The Asus EN8400GS (also NVIDIA chipset) I tried is newer and HDCP compliant. It also causes the error.

Then I tried a couple other computers and can't reproduce the problem. I used a Dell SX280 (Intel onboard video) and even tried an old P3 with a PNY NVIDIA GeForce 3 display adapter and I could turn the TV on without any problems.
post #65 of 2164 Old 07-04-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmagnet View Post

The Asus EN8400GS (also NVIDIA chipset) I tried is newer and HDCP compliant. It also causes the error.

Then I tried a couple other computers and can't reproduce the problem. I used a Dell SX280 (Intel onboard video) and even tried an old P3 with a PNY NVIDIA GeForce 3 display adapter and I could turn the TV on without any problems.

I also tried a VisionTek Radeon 3450 HD in the computer I was having trouble with using the DVI port on the back of the card (it also has HDMI out) and the TV powered on successfully.
post #66 of 2164 Old 07-06-2008, 08:44 AM

I agree, everyone who has had this problem (and perhaps solved it) should post the specs, maybe we can find a common pattern.

TV: Panasonic TH-42PZ8800U
Manufacture date: May 2008

HTPC Video Card: eVGA GeForce 8600GT
Drivers: Nvidia GeFroce 175.19
Connection: DVI-to-HDMI cable

TV port with problem: HDMI 1 (rear)
TV port solution: HDMI 3 (rear)
post #67 of 2164 Old 07-09-2008, 05:25 PM

Man, am I glad I found this thread. I just got my very first plasma ever yesterday, and I got the 10 blinks after the first time I powered it down with my HTPC connected to HDMI 1. I was especially freaked out because this was my second PZ85 of the day; the first one delivered had a completely smashed panel. Needless to say, when my fancy new TV failed to turn back on, I was very concerned. Switching to HDMI 3 cleared it up, and isn't too bad, since on the PZ85 the other HDMI connector is on the side and not visible from the front.

TV: Panasonic TH-46PZ85U
Manufacture date: March 2008

HTPC Video Card: GeForce 6500
Drivers: Unknown
Connection: DVI-to-HDMI cable

TV port with problem: HDMI 1 (rear)
TV port solution: HDMI 3 (side)
post #68 of 2164 Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 PM

I talked to Panasonic Concierge and they told me this is a well known issue, and has to do with the rear HDMI ports and an incompatibility issue.

Turns out i need a "GE - 22703 - ULTRA PROGRADE™ HDMI™ EXTENSION ADAPTER" in order to use the back HDMI ports.

To me this has nothing to do with incompatibility, but more so with the signal not being boosted strong enough for the Pany TV to use it.
She said different software is used on the front board.???????

Very strange, but if it fixes the problem, so be it.

Anyone know were i could get this thing in London, Ontario?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

*Update 1: I just thought of something important. My Bell ExpressVue 9242 PVR comes with a cable that has a DVI connector at one end, then you use the adapter to make it full HDMI. I wonder if this might be the issue and if anyone else has tried changing the cable for a true HDMI cable.

*Update 2: Im wondering now if maybe the issue is this DVI to HDMI connector from the PVR to the back HDMI 1 connection, because after reading about boosters theres a warning that they cannot use the 5V HDMI voltage if used with a DVI to HDMI connector (this is to supply the power to the booster). Im now wondering if Panasonic cheaped out based on the 5 Volts supplied by the PVR. This would make sense in my case, because i cannot see why the front HDMI works but the 2 in the rear dont, or intermitently. This would make sense based on what they are saying at Panasonic about the equalizer/buffer thing?

This info comes from the service manuals...but dont quote me on that:

10 blinks Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG Board
DTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS

After seeing this, i realized that it would not get the 5 Volts from the PVR because of the DVI passtrough issue.
For some strange reason this does not happen on the front HDMI 3 port. After some thinking, i remembered seeing this port labeled as GAME PORT. Most gaming units would not supply the 5 Volts needed, and thus they must have set it up to eat more of the 5 Volt line from the Panasonics power supply.
Basically i think they are using the 5 Volts supplied by your HDMI capable devices you hook up on the rear ports, which is why they recomend the booster.

equalizer/buffer circuit??????
Buffer usually implies amplifier.

My problem is not using a PC Graphics card, but rather a PVR with a HDMI to DVI to HDMI cable, effectively killing the 5 Volts supply through the HDMI cable to the rear of the TV. I think that the people using PC's can solve their problems with this "GE - 22703 - ULTRA PROGRADE™ HDMI™ EXTENSION ADAPTER"
Yes i realize this is so you can use longer HDMI cables, hence the boost in signal strentgh but it also amplifies the signal, HDMI does not like long cable lenghts like SVIDEO cables.

IDEAS? Anyone?
post #69 of 2164 Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 AM

I had this problem last week. My Panasonic 850 wouldn't turn on. Sometimes the red light would blink, sometimes it wouldn't. When it blinked, it kept on blinking. My TV was about 3 weeks old, assembled in July 2008. Called the Concierge, they sent a local repair guy over 4 days later. He replaced something called the P-Board and it works fine. He said he rarely sees this problem and that it was either the P-Board or the power supply board.
post #70 of 2164 Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 PM

Well you can add me to the blinking light of death x2! I didn't see this thread earlier and made a new one. My apologies on that.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1057222

But I purchased a TH-50PZ85U on 8/2 and got the 10 blinks. I then finally was able to reproduce it by keeping my receiver on before turning on the TV. It sounds like i'm getting the same issue as the HTPC people. Today I returned the TV for a new one and within an hour, I got 10 lights again. I've now moved it to the HDMI3 port and awaiting some time trial here.

Has anybody had any luck using that "GE - 22703 - ULTRA PROGRADE™ HDMI™ EXTENSION ADAPTER" yet?

For the record my receiver is a HK AVR147. I have D* and DVD player running into the receiver via HDMI, then out on the receiver via a single HDMI.
post #71 of 2164 Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 PM

My set (TH50PZ85U) powers itself down with no blinks, and then will not turn back on for several minutes. Originally this occurred intermittently, but at least once per day. Now it happens consistently after a few minutes of viewing. A Panasonic tech came out once and replaced the power board. The set worked that night and had the problem again the next day. The tech returned two days later and replaced the AC power board. Again, the set worked for about a day and then had the problem again. Now the tech has arranged for a local repair facility to take it away.

Any idea what might be going on here? The repair shop guy seemed mystified by the absence of blinks when he called to arrange a pick-up.
post #72 of 2164 Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM

So, I just got the 7 blinks last night. My model is 50PX60U. I've had it for 16 months now, just 4 months after my warranty ran out...
Contacted panasonic this morning and they did really seem to care since I didn't have a warranty. They told me to call "Jiffy's" repair shop. So I called, and the woman was acting like she was doing me a huge favor just for talking to me. She was really rude and said "he'll give me a call sometime next thursday or friday to come and look at it for $100". Man, im so upset by this whole thing. I can't believe that this happens this soon to new tv's. The old CRT's never seemed like they ever had problems.
Anyway, I called bestbuy to see if they could look at it, (never knew they did in-home repairs) and the woman said that someone can come over tommorrow morning. Im trying to be optimisitic that he/she actually knows what's up. Only problem is that they want $150 just to come over, but I would rather do that than give Joe hillbilly and his surly staff any of my buisness.
Anyone else have the 7 blinks and have an idea on how much it will cost?? Everybody I've seen says they still had warranty. Also, anyone else with this problem run into it again down the road???
Sorry for my ranting, Im just really bothered by this whole thing.
post #73 of 2164 Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 PM

Just wanted to add mine to the list... it stopped working 2 days ago.

TH-42PZ77U 42" plasma
Manufactured September 2007
Purchased from Sears, November 2007

7 blinks on the power LED.

Unfortunately, I have 2 of the 42" PZ77U. One is dead, but the other is still working. I feel like it might be a time bomb, just waiting before it dies too.

I called Panasonic, they said they have no warranty servicing in the Hawaiian Islands (I'm in Kona on the Big Island, population < 10,000). I bought both of these TVs from Sears in Hilo 2 hours away, so they are my next call. Panasonic said I can contact an electronics shop over here for repairs, but they didn't seem sure if the electronics shop would do warranty service or not. I think my best bet right now is Sears, where I bought it.

Panasonic apologized for not having warranty service in Hawaii. That's unacceptable. I spent over $2,300+ for two Panasonic plasmas, and it will be my last. I have always been a Sony-guy, and I will be going straight back to Sony again for future purchases.
post #74 of 2164 Old 08-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Oh, good Lord.

I just called the "tv repair" company here on the Big Island of Hawaii recommended to me by Panasonic and left a message (it was the guy's cell phone)

"....Thank you for calling TV Repair and A-1 Pool Service. Leave your message after the beep and I'll call you back..."

Not to say the guy can't repair the TV, but I just think it's kinda funny.
post #75 of 2164 Old 08-26-2008, 01:34 PM

So I spoke with panasonic again today to ask if with their knowledge and experience, once a customer gets the 7 blinks, does it typically happen again down the road. I know that there is no guarantee's and that things happen, but just wanted to know if she had heard of people in my situation running into the same problem again, because I have read from others that do. She told me "don't belive what those people are saying and anyone who complains on the internet needs to get a life". Such great support. But I guess that's to be expected with every company and manufacturer in today's society.
post #76 of 2164 Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM

Got 7 blinks on my 42PZ77U last night!

Called Plasma Concierge today morning - have an appointment set up for Thursday 8/28. Hoping this will be fixed before the college football season starts!

The appointment is with someone from Cordoba Electronics on Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles. Has anyone else got their Plasmas repaired from these folks? Trying to figure out how long this will take...
post #77 of 2164 Old 08-28-2008, 12:15 PM

So in case anyone cares for a follow up, the estimate was $500 for me. I got the call Tuesday that my parts were in and schedualed for the repair today (thurs.) So im all excited until 20 minutes later when im told that "they ordered the wrong parts". So im still without a tv until sometime next week now.
post #78 of 2164 Old 08-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Forgot to mention that this was the repairman telling me this in person. He also said "well there won't be any charge for today". No s#*t
post #79 of 2164 Old 08-28-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkeen View Post

Oh, good Lord.

I just called the "tv repair" company here on the Big Island of Hawaii recommended to me by Panasonic and left a message (it was the guy's cell phone)

"....Thank you for calling TV Repair and A-1 Pool Service. Leave your message after the beep and I'll call you back..."

Not to say the guy can't repair the TV, but I just think it's kinda funny.

The repairman that Panasonic referred me to had me meet him at the county water supply parking lot. When I got there, there were 3 other cars loading TVs into his Jeep for him to repair. Vizios and a JVC. I chatted with him for a long time. He said that Panasonic is the WORST when it comes to working with servicers. They send him the wrong parts. They charge him for parts he didn't order. And then they don't pay him for 2 years.

He said he's seen a lot of problems with Panasonic plasma HDTVs. Same problem as mine, they're all ticking time-bombs. He said the picture quality can't be beat, it's excellent, but the system is flakey. I said I have another exact same model at home which is still working, and he said it's a time-bomb. It's only a matter of time but it *will* also fail just like the other one did.

He said hands-down the best HDTV out there is the 46" Sony Bravia LCD. That's what he has. He said he can't remember ever servicing a Sony.

As far as *where* to buy an HDTV in the future, he recommended that I buy from Costo, from a servicers point of view. Because Costco has a concierge service that works as the go-between for the servicer and the manufacturer for 2 years. The servicer doesn't have to deal with Panasonic or Vizio or Toshiba. The servicer only deals with the concierge at Costco. Costco ships him the parts on-time and and pays their bills on-time. He said from a servicing point of view, always buy your HDTV from Costco.

I don't know if this applies globally, but that's the case here in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. YMMV
post #80 of 2164 Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 AM

TH-42PHD5 purchased summer of '03. Just went out yesterday with 6 blinks. Is it even worth it to get it repaired at this point? If yes, any idea how much should I expect the estimate to be? If no, what do you do with a dead plasma?
post #81 of 2164 Old 09-02-2008, 12:49 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkeen View Post

The repairman that Panasonic referred me to had me meet him at the county water supply parking lot. When I got there, there were 3 other cars loading TVs into his Jeep for him to repair. Vizios and a JVC. I chatted with him for a long time. He said that Panasonic is the WORST when it comes to working with servicers. They send him the wrong parts. They charge him for parts he didn't order. And then they don't pay him for 2 years.

He said he's seen a lot of problems with Panasonic plasma HDTVs. Same problem as mine, they're all ticking time-bombs. He said the picture quality can't be beat, it's excellent, but the system is flakey. I said I have another exact same model at home which is still working, and he said it's a time-bomb. It's only a matter of time but it *will* also fail just like the other one did.

He said hands-down the best HDTV out there is the 46" Sony Bravia LCD. That's what he has. He said he can't remember ever servicing a Sony.

As far as *where* to buy an HDTV in the future, he recommended that I buy from Costo, from a servicers point of view. Because Costco has a concierge service that works as the go-between for the servicer and the manufacturer for 2 years. The servicer doesn't have to deal with Panasonic or Vizio or Toshiba. The servicer only deals with the concierge at Costco. Costco ships him the parts on-time and and pays their bills on-time. He said from a servicing point of view, always buy your HDTV from Costco.

I don't know if this applies globally, but that's the case here in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. YMMV

Maybe it's just just be a Hawaii thing, or maybe your service guy has sour grapes about Panasonic. When i was at a local Los Angeles repair shop earlier this year waiting for my Panasonic A/V receiver to be diagnosed, i talked to the guy about aftermarket warranties and Costco's concierge and Panasonic's concierge and general issues with the various manufacturers he said that Panasonic is the best manufacturer to deal with. They pay the bills, have good parts availability, and have good tech support. I asked about Samsung and Sony and he said they tend to need more repairs and parts are often backordered or discontinued. He went on to say that Panasonic and Pioneer are more reliable than the other brands. I have heard pretty much the same things from a family friend who's been in the TV repair business for 40 years.

AFAIK Costco does not supply repair parts to repair shops - they're only a retailer and while they may intercede if you're having issues with a manufacturer, the same can be said about BB and CC when you're using their in-house extended warranty.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #82 of 2164 Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiedoc View Post

TH-42PHD5 purchased summer of '03. Just went out yesterday with 6 blinks. Is it even worth it to get it repaired at this point? If yes, any idea how much should I expect the estimate to be? If no, what do you do with a dead plasma?

6 blinks on these earlier models is a fan rotation error. One of the 4 fans is failing and not feeding back proper rotation info thereby causing the shutdown.

Remove the back and power up looking for irregular fan action on one of the four. Do NOT blow out the dust until you identify the baddie.

After you find the failing fan, try to clean out the dust bunnies from the fan bearing areas. This may gunk it alive for a while but the bad fan will eventually need replacement (as will all four ultimately).

TW

Techniwizard posts as an Independent Servicer
post #83 of 2164 Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniwizard View Post

6 blinks on these earlier models is a fan rotation error. One of the 4 fans is failing and not feeding back proper rotation info thereby causing the shutdown.

Remove the back and power up looking for irregular fan action on one of the four. Do NOT blow out the dust until you identify the baddie.

After you find the failing fan, try to clean out the dust bunnies from the fan bearing areas. This may gunk it alive for a while but the bad fan will eventually need replacement (as will all four ultimately).

TW

THANK YOU!!! I'll give it a try (although frankly I was hoping to hear that I needed to go out and buy a new set because bigger is better, yes?) I'll let you know if this works!!!
post #84 of 2164 Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 AM

Add me to the list of the unlucky. My Panasonic TH-42PZ00U just failed.

I purchased this set in November 2007 after weeks of research. It was a great set and I was fully satisfied until this morning. My kids were watching a DVD this morning and then paused for breakfast. I turned off the power to the TV, gave them breakfast, and returned to resume the DVD. When I hit the power button on the TV, 7 blinking red lights followed by a pause, then 7 blinking red lights, ad infinitum.

Tried unplugging and resting, but nothing seems to help. I'm going to call Panasonic as soon as their customer support line opens up.

I've got to say, after doing all the research I did on this TV and not seeing any mention of this issue, I am incredibly disappointed about this failure.

Panasonic better make it right and fast, or this will absolutely be the last product I purchase from them.

I'll update when this issue gets resolved.
post #85 of 2164 Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Liked: 12
My 42" PZ77U is giving me 7 blinks.

Alexandria, VA with a build date of September 2007. I purchased it in early October so at least it's still under warranty.
post #86 of 2164 Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM

Bought a Panasonic Plasma 6 weeks ago and now the TV will not turn on. It just has a flashing red light, 10 times, and no picture on the screen. I am very disappointed to be having this sort of problem with a brand new TV. Would appreciate any input on what to do. Have called Panasonic and they are coming out on Tuesday to repair it.
post #87 of 2164 Old 09-08-2008, 09:45 AM

Hey guys - been browsing around a lot for a new tv (Upgrading from my older 27" CRT) and after some research decided that the panny plasm's would work pretty well for my needs. The problem being is that prob. 80% of my use will be through a HTPC, and having the HDMI cable plugged into the front port will just be a no-no (wife factor). Our current living room is fairly small, and we sit roughly between 5-6' away from the tv, but don't plan on staying here too long. I think we've decided that 42" would be the perfect size for us, but havn't been able to decide finally on the px/pz 80/85u's.

My HTPC will be outputting via hdmi, as my mobo is is a GigaByte GA-MA78GM-DS2H.

I'm worried now with all of these "tv won't turn on with htpc powered on first" as a lot of the time, my htpc will be on just for playing music through the stereo system. (Scared of leaving the mythTV display screen on the plasma for too long - old stigmas die hard, and don't want to cycle the htpc all the time just to watch tv as this will also act as a bit of a local fserver.)

So I want to get this straight: In order to avoid the having to use the front port for the htpc hdmi issue, I'll need to step up to the 42pz85u? That's the model with at least the side port? (That will fly better than cables coming out of the front at least) I remember reading on here that under 50" you really don't need the 1080 - but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a 42px85u, and the 42px80u's seem to have this hdmi issue. Does the 42pz85 seem like my best bet in this situation?
post #88 of 2164 Old 09-09-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyawerx View Post

Hey guys - been browsing around a lot for a new tv (Upgrading from my older 27" CRT) and after some research decided that the panny plasm's would work pretty well for my needs. The problem being is that prob. 80% of my use will be through a HTPC, and having the HDMI cable plugged into the front port will just be a no-no (wife factor). Our current living room is fairly small, and we sit roughly between 5-6' away from the tv, but don't plan on staying here too long. I think we've decided that 42" would be the perfect size for us, but havn't been able to decide finally on the px/pz 80/85u's.

My HTPC will be outputting via hdmi, as my mobo is is a GigaByte GA-MA78GM-DS2H.

I'm worried now with all of these "tv won't turn on with htpc powered on first" as a lot of the time, my htpc will be on just for playing music through the stereo system. (Scared of leaving the mythTV display screen on the plasma for too long - old stigmas die hard, and don't want to cycle the htpc all the time just to watch tv as this will also act as a bit of a local fserver.)

So I want to get this straight: In order to avoid the having to use the front port for the htpc hdmi issue, I'll need to step up to the 42pz85u? That's the model with at least the side port? (That will fly better than cables coming out of the front at least) I remember reading on here that under 50" you really don't need the 1080 - but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a 42px85u, and the 42px80u's seem to have this hdmi issue. Does the 42pz85 seem like my best bet in this situation?

I have that exact motherboard on my HTPC, but I have been too lazy to try it with my TH-42PZ80U (I have the panny on my gaming PC). Maybe I'll get around to it later.... Oh wait... uh I don't have any HDMI cables >.> I only have DVI>HDMI, scratch that I guess, maybe if I ever run across an HDMI cable....

Also, couldn't you just have a visualization come on when playing music? that would circumvent burn-in issues (but not power usage/screen life issues).
post #89 of 2164 Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibbo View Post

Is anyone with this problem using an ATI card? Is everyone using the latest graphics drivers? I don't want to have to get a new card but it would be interesting to know why ATI cards work (if that is indeed universal).

G'day from down under.
I got the same issue as I posted originally at
DTVForum www dot dtvforum dot info/index.php?showtopic=68663&st=0

I have a Pana TH-42PX80A and got "No Signal" on DVB when connected my HTPC with NVIDIA cards (I got two) to HDMI1 or HDMI2 and just fine at HDMI3.

After I changed my video card to ATI 3450 (Powercolor ATI HD 3450 AX3450 256MD2-H), I don't have any issues with "No Signal" anymore (although got issue with lossing sound when moved away from AV/HDMI).

My quick observation at DTVForum (and at this thread too), the issue is always HTPC with NVIDIA card. Is someone know why?

Thanks
Sonto
post #90 of 2164 Old 09-11-2008, 10:21 AM

Anyone know what the two-blink, long red, then repeat error code is for the 42PWD7UY?

I'm willing to do the repair work if I can get some guidance on how to diagnose and what parts I'll likely need. thx
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic