Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 2043 Old 01-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Member
 
dereksb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mice View Post

I just wanted to chime in and say that my Panasonic TH-42PZ77U which I purchased new in March of 2008 died on me for the first time in early December 2010. 7 blinking lights. I too purchased an aftermarket warranty and my TV was (finally) repaired in mid-January free of charge to me. It turned out that the SC Board had failed. Afterwards, we updated the firmware via the SD card reader slot from version 47.80 to 47.82. I'm told the failure I experienced should not happen again with this firmware update. Since the repair, I've had no issues thus far and I've had it turned on for more hours than usual since the repair.

Definitely glad to hear that Mice, some positive hopeful news! I'm happy for you and my fingers are crossed that your fix stays solid for years to come! (and fingers are crossed that your scenario becomes much more common 'round these parts ...)
dereksb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 2043 Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Member
 
DavidOH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I used these manuals to repair a 42PZ80U with a bad A-board.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46124232/T...GPH11DU-Chasis

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24963802/1...Plasma-Display

Hope they help.
DavidOH is offline  
post #903 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Newbie
 
jlcvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksb View Post

i'm hoping HOPING that when it does go, and i take it to the shop, that they decide the fix is within reasonable cost...i'm hopeful yes, but not too optimistic.

Go luck on getting your TV fixed. If it is your "A" main board watch because there are two main boards for the 800u, it depends on which type you have. I think a new "A" main board was around $600 just for the part.

http://www.partstore.com/Model/Matsu...earchTerm=True
jlcvt is offline  
post #904 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Newbie
 
phatcav07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so i had the 7 blinks of death and thanks to this forum i was able to repair my tv myself - two FETs were dead on the SC card - so first off thanks to everyone for your valuable forum!
secondly - while troubleshooting the tv i removed both the SU and SD card to eliminate those from being bad -

ok so what is the best way of putting these ribbon cables back in correctly? I cant seem to get them aligned properly (well actually i have exactly 1 aligned properly) :-)

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

thanks,
phatcav
phatcav07 is offline  
post #905 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
EG3
Senior Member
 
EG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcav07 View Post

Ok so i had the 7 blinks of death and thanks to this forum i was able to repair my tv myself - two FETs were dead on the SC card - so first off thanks to everyone for your valuable forum!
secondly - while troubleshooting the tv i removed both the SU and SD card to eliminate those from being bad -

ok so what is the best way of putting these ribbon cables back in correctly? I cant seem to get them aligned properly (well actually i have exactly 1 aligned properly) :-)

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

thanks,
phatcav

Panasonic is covering the repair for this problem/model. They will contact the nearest service center and send them the part (SC Board). The service center will then replace the part free of charge. They will also upgrade the firmware so that particular problem does not happen again. You might want to give them a call.
EG3 is offline  
post #906 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Newbie
 
phatcav07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That would be nice but i bought the tv second hand and do not have an original proof of purchase - i guess i could try anyway :-)

Thanks,
phatcav
phatcav07 is offline  
post #907 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Newbie
 
jdibble01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a Panasonic TH-50PZ80U about 2 years ago. tonight (1-24-2010) i powered the TV on, walked outside to walk the dogs and came back in to find the TV off and the power light blinking 12 times. when i could power the TV back on, i would hear audio for about 2 seconds, a crackle the it would turn off. Tech support could only tell me call a repair center. after looking on here i see that the TNPH7021 sound board may be one of the issues.

can anyone verify that they have had the same issue and how did you resolve it? the 3 900 caps look slightly crowned but hard to say. there is a cap on the 7021 that looks kinda wierd. it is just above the component 1 input.

i also took the back panel off, vacuumed it out and it powered back on. BUT, i dont have nay audio now. i plugged my ipod into the video 1 port. nothing.

please help. i have a kid on the way and i cant afford a new TV right now.
jdibble01 is offline  
post #908 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Member
 
DavidOH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcvt View Post
Go luck on getting your TV fixed. If it is your "A" main board watch because there are two main boards for the 800u, it depends on which type you have. I think a new "A" main board was around $600 just for the part.

http://www.partstore.com/Model/Matsu...earchTerm=True
If you need a main board for a 800u you can find them used. If you have to buy new it's not worth it.
DavidOH is offline  
post #909 of 2043 Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Member
 
DavidOH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdibble01 View Post
I bought a Panasonic TH-50PZ80U about 2 years ago. tonight (1-24-2010) i powered the TV on, walked outside to walk the dogs and came back in to find the TV off and the power light blinking 12 times. when i could power the TV back on, i would hear audio for about 2 seconds, a crackle the it would turn off. Tech support could only tell me call a repair center. after looking on here i see that the TNPH7021 sound board may be one of the issues.

can anyone verify that they have had the same issue and how did you resolve it? the 3 900 caps look slightly crowned but hard to say. there is a cap on the 7021 that looks kinda wierd. it is just above the component 1 input.

i also took the back panel off, vacuumed it out and it powered back on. BUT, i dont have nay audio now. i plugged my ipod into the video 1 port. nothing.

please help. i have a kid on the way and i cant afford a new TV right now.

Check this manual.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46124232/T...GPH11DU-Chasis

It gives you the blink codes and a way to troubleshoot.
DavidOH is offline  
post #910 of 2043 Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Newbie
 
EyeSee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSee View Post
It's unfortunate this is my first post. Like these forums; helped me research before buying... but I thought I'd be a lucky one.

Bought my P50S2 early October. Love it. Run solely on HTPC. After break-in and tweaking I actually think the picture improved after a couple months.

Well, last night I heard the pop and it went dark. Tried a couple things, but I knew it was dead. Got the 10 blink sequence. Gotta call them later today. I hope it all works out fast enough, all under warranty.

Also, I think the display shut itself off one other time, but I just turned it on again. That had to have been over a month ago.
To follow up on my situation:
1-10-11 Pop, and no image while watching. Nothing done got it back on. 10 blink code.

First Call - Viera Concierge - Jan 11, 7:50- pm 800-973-4390
On hold for 18min, 27min call
They got contact info, model, SN, and problem description
Transferred to second person who found service center and gave me below info
thomson electronics service
14th late afternoon tentative appointment

12th - Thomson Electronics called
No appointment setup, they will order parts, please send sales receipt and info
13th - I emailed them everything
17th - I emailed again, inquiring the status
18th - Early afternoon Thomson called to say they ordered parts. If I want a loaner TV they advise I call Panasonic and ask for one since their 4 sets are out. I should call them back and tell them what Pany says about that. They will take my tv back to shop if I get a loaner. The parts are on international back order for 2-3 weeks.
24th - They called me to say a loaner was available in a couple days. (I was travelling so couldn't take for a week)

31st - Repair guy showed up with tools. I was told I would have to swap due to the backorder, but he said he had boards with him. So it is now 20 days later that anyone could look inside the set. I'm sitting here now watching him work. First he shined a light all over the glass looking for dark areas. After 15min he confirmed it was the SC board. It is on the left when looking at the rear. He had to remove all the ribbon connections from the video boards on that side to get to the SC. He went ahead and put new boards in for those other two on the side with all the ribbons.... because "if one is bad it can take the new SC out again".
Well, the new boards didn't work. When he powered it up there was another pop, so he thinks the panel is bad. It has to go back to the shop after all.
The loaner is an underwhelming 2007 th-42px75u. Hope I don't have to wait too long!
EyeSee is offline  
post #911 of 2043 Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Member
 
dereksb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks eyesee, keep us posted...

my 800u went out again and this time i counted the led flashes (only 2 flashes for me...not sure if thats good thing or bad thing)...on hold now with panasonic to officially add that info to my case (they requested that i do that the next time the tv went out).

tv is back on now after leaving unplugged overnight, but based on the many posts i expect the issue to become more frequent and eventually permanent.

to be continued....
dereksb is offline  
post #912 of 2043 Old 02-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Member
 
TheWarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife called today and informed me that our 50G25 isn't turning on any more. Told me that we have the 10 blinking light problem. Owned the unit less than a year.

Called Panasonic and the local repair folks will be out here on Friday. What are the odds that they'll actually be able to fix the TV that day? From reading the thread it sounds like the 10 blinking light parts may be backordered? And just in time for the Super Bowl...
TheWarden is offline  
post #913 of 2043 Old 02-03-2011, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sirquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
We have a 46" Panny Plasma that we got from Costco about a year ago. Starting about a month ago we would occasionally get the 10 blinking lights. Usually it happens when one of my kids turns the power off accidentially, and then back on before the set has a few seconds to power down. All I have had to do is unplug the power cord for about 10 minutes and it works fine, until the next time.

I do have 3 yrs warranty and might call Costco anyway to see what they say.

___________
"Don't worry about the future, it is already tomorrow in Australia..."

My Website
Sirquack is offline  
post #914 of 2043 Old 02-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Member
 
kbrunsting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
look like mine decided to die on superbowl sunday.... 7 blinks, 42PZ700u, bought in late 2007.
kbrunsting is offline  
post #915 of 2043 Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrunsting View Post

look like mine decided to die on superbowl sunday.... 7 blinks, 42PZ700u, bought in late 2007.

Sounds like the known power supply issue that this particular unit suffered - and they've been very good about repairing these TVs a year or two out of warranty. Contact them and ask that they do the same for you.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #916 of 2043 Old 02-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Member
 
kbrunsting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called panansonic and they setup an appt with someone that can service it (although they'd have to drive a long way to get here) and I asked them if any of this would be covered and they said if it was the SC board it would be covered, otherwise not.
kbrunsting is offline  
post #917 of 2043 Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Member
 
TheWarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post

My wife called today and informed me that our 50G25 isn't turning on any more. Told me that we have the 10 blinking light problem. Owned the unit less than a year.

Called Panasonic and the local repair folks will be out here on Friday. What are the odds that they'll actually be able to fix the TV that day? From reading the thread it sounds like the 10 blinking light parts may be backordered? And just in time for the Super Bowl...

Well, they came out on Thursday and said we needed a new "main board." I haven't actually talked to the repairman, but I'm assuming that means the A-Board. Luckily, they had a loaner for us to use.

Then, we get a call today that he received the part but discovered it was also defective and is ordering us a new one. He thinks we'll have it back by the end of the week.

Now, I have to wonder if something else isn't wrong with the TV. Since I didn't talk to him, I don't know if he installed the new part or not before deciding it was defective...I hope it was the latter.
TheWarden is offline  
post #918 of 2043 Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
EG3
Senior Member
 
EG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post
Well, they came out on Thursday and said we needed a new "main board." I haven't actually talked to the repairman, but I'm assuming that means the A-Board. Luckily, they had a loaner for us to use.

Then, we get a call today that he received the part but discovered it was also defective and is ordering us a new one. He thinks we'll have it back by the end of the week.

Now, I have to wonder if something else isn't wrong with the TV. Since I didn't talk to him, I don't know if he installed the new part or not before deciding it was defective...I hope it was the latter.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the repair company is not familiar with the 13TH Gen sets and/or the issues with them. Had they consulted Panasonic tech support before the repair, they would have most likely arrived with an SC and SS Board as well as a firmware upgrade and fixed your tv. Is your tv still at home or did they take it when they brought the loaner?
EG3 is offline  
post #919 of 2043 Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Member
 
TheWarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG3 View Post
Unfortunately, it sounds like the repair company is not familiar with the 13TH Gen sets and/or the issues with them. Had they consulted Panasonic tech support before the repair, they would have most likely arrived with an SC Board as well as a firmware upgrade and fixed your tv. Is your tv still at home or did they take it when they brought the loaner?
They took it. We actually asked Panasonic if the repair company was going to bring parts with them, and Panny said they would. But, when he arrived, he didn't have any parts. We didn't complain since we got a loaner TV (a nice 42"...not as good as ours but better than a blank space on the wall )

Assuming I do get it back in the next couple of days, are there any steps I should take when I receive it? Like upgrading the firmware? Or other prevention/review steps to ensure everything was repaired properly? It's not that I don't trust them, but if there are things I can do to prevent a second failure, I'll do them.
TheWarden is offline  
post #920 of 2043 Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Member
 
kbrunsting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well the service guy came out today... it was the SC board, cost will be covered and I'm back up and running. He had ordered the part on Monday and so when he came today, he just swapped in the new board and updated the firmware, done in about a half hour.
kbrunsting is offline  
post #921 of 2043 Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrunsting View Post

Well the service guy came out today... it was the SC board, cost will be covered and I'm back up and running. He had ordered the part on Monday and so when he came today, he just swapped in the new board and updated the firmware, done in about a half hour.

That is excellent customer service. It's nice to know that they're still voluntarily covering the cost of repairing this known issue on this model over two years after the warranty expired.

My own 42PZ700U sees very little usage nowadays but every time i turn it on i brace myself for a possible power supply pop

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
RandyWalters is offline  
post #922 of 2043 Old 02-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Member
 
TheWarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post
They took it. We actually asked Panasonic if the repair company was going to bring parts with them, and Panny said they would. But, when he arrived, he didn't have any parts. We didn't complain since we got a loaner TV (a nice 42"...not as good as ours but better than a blank space on the wall )

Assuming I do get it back in the next couple of days, are there any steps I should take when I receive it? Like upgrading the firmware? Or other prevention/review steps to ensure everything was repaired properly? It's not that I don't trust them, but if there are things I can do to prevent a second failure, I'll do them.
Now it appears that the parts are backordered 2-3 weeks.

Do I have any recourse via Panasonic to get it fixed more quickly? Or any other options?
TheWarden is offline  
post #923 of 2043 Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 AM
EG3
Senior Member
 
EG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post
Now it appears that the parts are backordered 2-3 weeks.

Do I have any recourse via Panasonic to get it fixed more quickly? Or any other options?
You could ask for a new set but it may take just as long to receive it. Also, it may suffer the same fate just weeks or months down the road if it doesn't have the new firmware already installed from the factory. By the way, in response to your last question, your tv should be in good shape after the repair as long as the tech installs the firmware after replacing the SC or SS board.
EG3 is offline  
post #924 of 2043 Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Member
 
TheWarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG3 View Post
You could ask for a new set but it may take just as long to receive it. Also, it may suffer the same fate just weeks or months down the road if it doesn't have the new firmware already installed from the factory. By the way, in response to your last question, your tv should be in good shape after the repair as long as the tech installs the firmware after replacing the SC board.
Thanks. We're going to see what Panny can do for us.

In case the tech doesn't install the firmware, is it the same one I can update via Vieracast or the other manual means? Or is it a tech only thing?
TheWarden is offline  
post #925 of 2043 Old 02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
EG3
Senior Member
 
EG3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post

Thanks. We're going to see what Panny can do for us.

In case the tech doesn't install the firmware, is it the same one I can update via Vieracast or the other manual means? Or is it a tech only thing?

That is a good question. I will look into that.
EG3 is offline  
post #926 of 2043 Old 02-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Member
 
tyreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I haven't checked in a while but our Panasonic Plasma since being completely overhauled is operating still as good as originally new.
We even remove the back and clear the dust bunnies once since serviced
So this is a credit to their repairs anyway.
I must admit I am surprised.

Yamaha RX-V1075-using PLIIX-music/4 B&W 804's, fronts & sides
2 B&W 602's(rears)50S60 Panny Plasma
tyreman is offline  
post #927 of 2043 Old 02-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Newbie
 
EyeSee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
(see post 910) Just want to give people another idea of how their repair might go. Here is my last update:

Feb 11 - I got 1hr warning that my set could be delivered to me. I managed to slip out of work early to receive my TV at 4pm, just in time for the weekend! I'm glad they had a loaner for me, but it sure made me appreciate my S2! Once you experience 1080p, there's no going back.
Overall, good experience with all customer service, but back ordered parts and a month without my set seem a bit ridiculous.

So there you go... turned out I needed an SS board. It caused the first SC board replacement to go, so that added more time to my repair. Hopefully a similar problem does not happen again to me.
EyeSee is offline  
post #928 of 2043 Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
mikeyraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
posted in this thread before about an 85u i had, that kept getting 10 blinks after it was "fixed" about 5 times.....i sold it as a dead unit and put the money towards a samsung 6500 i just got...all i can say the tv was really nice when it worked, but it's not worth the trouble and time

PSN ID - MikeyRaw8
mikeyraw is offline  
post #929 of 2043 Old 02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Newbie
 
fourspin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Out of warranty so no love from Panasonic. I purchased the service manual online, timing chart indicates that 5 blinks is a 5V SOS and refers to the A-Board as a check point. I replaced the A-Board today, still get 5-blinks. My guess is that the P-board is shot, ordered online today. Didn't notice any capacitor damage, but also didn't test any of the fuses. I'm a little scared to tear into the P-board with all of those 400V caps, I guess I'll figure out how to discharge using the discharge points on the P-board before my new board arrives. If I don't write a follow up assume I got electrocuted by my TV!
fourspin is offline  
post #930 of 2043 Old 02-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
SupaKats's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westfield, IN
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksb View Post

thanks eyesee, keep us posted...

my 800u went out again and this time i counted the led flashes (only 2 flashes for me...not sure if thats good thing or bad thing)...on hold now with panasonic to officially add that info to my case (they requested that i do that the next time the tv went out).

tv is back on now after leaving unplugged overnight, but based on the many posts i expect the issue to become more frequent and eventually permanent.

to be continued....

Having this same with the two blinking lights. Have had the tv since November of '09. I love the set but was given an estimate of ~$550 to repair and was just trying to decide if it is worth it or should I replace it. If I choose to replace I would have around $1000 to spend and I am just wondering if what I can get for that will be equal to or better than the 50pz800.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
SupaKats is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off