Forum Jump: 

post #2011 of 2040 Old 05-28-2014, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt11 View Post

I've posted here before while attempting to repair my TC-P55st50...

Ran into some issues on the initial repairs and got pretty annoyed with the whole project so I've curbed it for a while.

I have the service manual for the TC-P50ST50 and UT50 (same TV, one size smaller than mine) and based on the blink codes, the manual is telling me that I need to replace the main (A) board. In spite of this, my SC AND my SS board both show evidence of overheating/ possibly shorted out components. It's all very confusing as the A board does not appear to have any visible shorts/etc. It seems much more likely that the problem is with either the SC or SS board.

I'm willing to trust the manual and give the A board repair a try, but is it safe to assume that the blink codes are identical between the 50" and 55" ST50's? In the end, it may be that I need to replace all 3 boards...

I had a quick search to read your original issue was 6 blink. Any chance you can expand on what you've done , what has happened, and why you now believe A board by the error code but your instincts are saying otherwise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2040 Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 AM

Liked: 10
I just came across this thread after making a new one... here is my issue, copied and pasted.
Quote:
Hi forum, let me preface this that I'm not a technical guy - hence my username.

I just would want to know if I should bother getting it repaired or getting a new tv... Maybe I could learn something new and solve it myself.smile.gif

So essentially I noticed this morning,

unless I unplug it from the wall, TV is turning on and off. It keeps doing it until I pull the plug. Doesn't seem to stop. Each time, the red light on the tv flickers on and off.
However it's not fully turning on, more blinking on and off. Regular buzzing sound occurs, I guess that is normal when tv is turned on.

I disconnected hmdi and changing power outlets. No progress.

60st30 .. bought in 2011 of September.

I tried googling this issue but have not found an article with this specific issue.
post #2013 of 2040 Old 05-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post

I had a quick search to read your original issue was 6 blink. Any chance you can expand on what you've done , what has happened, and why you now believe A board by the error code but your instincts are saying otherwise?

Yes, the original issue seemed to be a 6 blink and you were helpful in assisting me with that issue. Unfortunately, the entire repair is quite confusing.

When the TV initially failed (now over 6 months ago), I was getting a 7-blink error code which pointed to the SS board. The old board did in fact show signs of burned/shorted components so I replaced it but that did not fix the problem. I started the diagnosis over again and got a 6-blink error. At that point I turned to this forum for help.

I ordered a new SC board as recommended by the service manual. The board that I ordered was the "1 SC" version that matched my existing board but I received the "2 SC" version. The 2 SC board appeared to be very similar with the same capacitor/resistor values and same part numbers for the transistors, but the manufacturer was different. I decided to send the board back as it was not as described.

After returning the 2 SC board back, I retried the diagnosis by following the service manual for the millionth time and was getting the 8-blink error.

There are several reason my instincts are telling me I have a bad SC board. One is because I can see where there has been overheating. These areas are on the contacts to the 3 largest capacitors at the top of the board and also in the circuit that is very close to the ribbon cable connection to the A board. The heat sink contacts also exhibit these signs of overheating. Second, upon the initial failure when the TV stopped working, there was a buzzing/whirring sound coming from the top-right side of the TV where the the SC board is located. Third, when I power on the TV now I get some strange whirring sounds for 1-2 seconds coming from the SC board (perhaps the crystal?) before power is cut off automatically and the power LED starts blinking.

Having said all that, I suppose the fact that I've been getting all these different errors with some inconsistency might point to a bad A board since it is the A board that processes the error signals and passes them to the LED.

Given that I know the SC board is showing signs of wear and will likely fail soon even if not the source of the problem now, I think it may be best to get a new SC board AND a new A board.

TW2005, I know that's a somewhat confusing explanation but it's the best summary I can give.

Thanks for any feedback you may have.
post #2014 of 2040 Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Yes, the original issue seemed to be a 6 blink and you were helpful in assisting me with that issue. Unfortunately, the entire repair is quite confusing.

When the TV initially failed (now over 6 months ago), I was getting a 7-blink error code which pointed to the SS board. The old board did in fact show signs of burned/shorted components so I replaced it but that did not fix the problem. I started the diagnosis over again and got a 6-blink error. At that point I turned to this forum for help.

I ordered a new SC board as recommended by the service manual. The board that I ordered was the "1 SC" version that matched my existing board but I received the "2 SC" version. The 2 SC board appeared to be very similar with the same capacitor/resistor values and same part numbers for the transistors, but the manufacturer was different. I decided to send the board back as it was not as described.

After returning the 2 SC board back, I retried the diagnosis by following the service manual for the millionth time and was getting the 8-blink error.

There are several reason my instincts are telling me I have a bad SC board. One is because I can see where there has been overheating. These areas are on the contacts to the 3 largest capacitors at the top of the board and also in the circuit that is very close to the ribbon cable connection to the A board. The heat sink contacts also exhibit these signs of overheating. Second, upon the initial failure when the TV stopped working, there was a buzzing/whirring sound coming from the top-right side of the TV where the the SC board is located. Third, when I power on the TV now I get some strange whirring sounds for 1-2 seconds coming from the SC board (perhaps the crystal?) before power is cut off automatically and the power LED starts blinking.

Having said all that, I suppose the fact that I've been getting all these different errors with some inconsistency might point to a bad A board since it is the A board that processes the error signals and passes them to the LED.

Given that I know the SC board is showing signs of wear and will likely fail soon even if not the source of the problem now, I think it may be best to get a new SC board AND a new A board.

TW2005, I know that's a somewhat confusing explanation but it's the best summary I can give.

Thanks for any feedback you may have.

I think pictures of the suspect burn/heat marks of the boards in question would be handy.

So it's as if we need to start over because the last thing I understood was a different part was supplied although what you got would have worked, Golden opportunity to hook that one up and at least do the buffer board bypass test. Would have least confirmed that the SC was at fault or not.

6,7 & 8 blink can be SC board. Can also be A board which I would think is unlikely.

So if everything is connected, and be sure all the earthing screws are in on the boards and secured.

Power the TV, how many blinks?

If it's 6 or 7, isolate the buffer boards and jumper SC50. If it still produces 6 or 7 blink I'd be thinking Sc board. You could disconnect the Sc20 ribbon and turn it on again. If it went 8 blink then the A board is recognising the cable missing and not triggering a false 6 blink.

I myself would be curious with a meter and see if there were any obviously shorted transistors on the Sc.

How are you generatiing the 8 blinks ?
post #2015 of 2040 Old 05-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioDummy View Post

I just came across this thread after making a new one... here is my issue, copied and pasted.

I'd be taking the back off and checking each and every mounting and earthing screw, on the SD/SU Sc SS and PSU boards. Almost sounds like it may have some grounding issues. Normally these sets would fault and shutdown with a blink code. So strange one really.

Leave the TV off and unplugged to let any stored power discharged and to be safe. check it all , take some hi res shots and post them up if you can of the TV showing the boards. If you find loose boards, then trythe TV again, if it's all good, not sure to be honest .
post #2016 of 2040 Old 05-30-2014, 12:28 AM

Hello, I want to apologize in advance if I ask a lazy question, because I haven't done my due diligence in examining my plasma's error code and done all the troubleshooting ahead of time.

I have a Panasonic Plasma TC-P60ST60, now purposely bought this television as not working from somebody. So there's a disclaimer right there, I have no knowledge of how exactly this television reached its 7-blinking error code besides what the original owner told me. They said that his wife threw a small thing at the screen, and a small spider crack formed at the bottom left, and the tv continued working for one more month before it would not turn on.

I examined the crack that looks like a flattened daddy long legs, and there does not appear to be any real damage to anything more than just the surface glass area.

So it has a 7 blinking light error code. The only time I can change the error code was when I disconnected the SS board and it turned to an 8-blinking light. My cost for this non-working plasma was so low, that I was perfectly happy to allow myself the budget to buy replacement SC, SD/SU, and SS boards. Now I am buying those off of eBay from seller who claim that these boards were in a new condition removed from ST60's that has broken displays. Obviously I don't know that for certain. The boards are exact matches.

So even though I have replaced all of those boards, I still get the 7-blinking led error code. So I may need to go through the 2009 PDP troubleshooting guide step by step.

However, I decided to do one thing, I had a chromecast dongle with me, and I wanted to see if it would be able to recognize the HDMI signal from the tv when it was plugged in. The chromecast requires that it be plugged into a USB slot for power, when I used the one in the Panasonic ST60. The chromecast could never power on when plugged into any of the two USB ports.

Both of those connectors are on the A board. Does it seem like the A-board might be the culprit here? If there are some specific troubleshooting tips the involve the A-board, I would appreciate them. if not, I can go through the troubleshooting testing process from the very beginning.

Thank you.
post #2017 of 2040 Old 05-30-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehurey View Post

Hello, I want to apologize in advance if I ask a lazy question, because I haven't done my due diligence in examining my plasma's error code and done all the troubleshooting ahead of time.

I have a Panasonic Plasma TC-P60ST60, now purposely bought this television as not working from somebody. So there's a disclaimer right there, I have no knowledge of how exactly this television reached its 7-blinking error code besides what the original owner told me. They said that his wife threw a small thing at the screen, and a small spider crack formed at the bottom left, and the tv continued working for one more month before it would not turn on.

I examined the crack that looks like a flattened daddy long legs, and there does not appear to be any real damage to anything more than just the surface glass area.

So it has a 7 blinking light error code. The only time I can change the error code was when I disconnected the SS board and it turned to an 8-blinking light. My cost for this non-working plasma was so low, that I was perfectly happy to allow myself the budget to buy replacement SC, SD/SU, and SS boards. Now I am buying those off of eBay from seller who claim that these boards were in a new condition removed from ST60's that has broken displays. Obviously I don't know that for certain. The boards are exact matches.

So even though I have replaced all of those boards, I still get the 7-blinking led error code. So I may need to go through the 2009 PDP troubleshooting guide step by step.

However, I decided to do one thing, I had a chromecast dongle with me, and I wanted to see if it would be able to recognize the HDMI signal from the tv when it was plugged in. The chromecast requires that it be plugged into a USB slot for power, when I used the one in the Panasonic ST60. The chromecast could never power on when plugged into any of the two USB ports.

Both of those connectors are on the A board. Does it seem like the A-board might be the culprit here? If there are some specific troubleshooting tips the involve the A-board, I would appreciate them. if not, I can go through the troubleshooting testing process from the very beginning.

Thank you.

I would say you are wasting your time and money on this one. Although I've never experienced it I had read of TVs with cracks that were fine enough to allow the gas to leak from the PDP slow enough that would allow it to continue to work for a while.

I'd say that while has expired and so the panel is now shortin and 7 blinks. Since you've invested in replacement boards and still have the issue and confirmed a fine crack, I think that is where you are with this one.
post #2018 of 2040 Old 06-02-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post

I think pictures of the suspect burn/heat marks of the boards in question would be handy.

So it's as if we need to start over because the last thing I understood was a different part was supplied although what you got would have worked, Golden opportunity to hook that one up and at least do the buffer board bypass test. Would have least confirmed that the SC was at fault or not.

6,7 & 8 blink can be SC board. Can also be A board which I would think is unlikely.

So if everything is connected, and be sure all the earthing screws are in on the boards and secured.

Power the TV, how many blinks?

If it's 6 or 7, isolate the buffer boards and jumper SC50. If it still produces 6 or 7 blink I'd be thinking Sc board. You could disconnect the Sc20 ribbon and turn it on again. If it went 8 blink then the A board is recognising the cable missing and not triggering a false 6 blink.

I myself would be curious with a meter and see if there were any obviously shorted transistors on the Sc.

How are you generatiing the 8 blinks ?

Sorry for the delayed response... I've been out of town for a few days.

I re-ran the test from scratch. Got 8 blinks. Checked all connections between A board and other boards and then after verifying all are good, I disconnected the SS board from the A board as per the troubleshooting guide. Plugging in the TV again gives 6 blinks. Checked all connections between SS and SS2 boards and they are fine. The guide tells me that this means I should replace the A board. But I still don't trust it.

Below are photos of my SC board. As you can see, there is evidence of severe over heating and found that some of the transistors are shorted.

The below image is some of the worst overheating around some of the transistors. The reverse view follows.

Clearly I need to replace this board. The question is why I'm getting diagnostics that say I need a new A board? I'm thinking I'll try replacing the SS with the correct board and go from there.

Thoughts? Thanks again for the help.
post #2019 of 2040 Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:

Sorry for the delayed response... I've been out of town for a few days.

I re-ran the test from scratch. Got 8 blinks. Checked all connections between A board and other boards and then after verifying all are good, I disconnected the SS board from the A board as per the troubleshooting guide. Plugging in the TV again gives 6 blinks. Checked all connections between SS and SS2 boards and they are fine. The guide tells me that this means I should replace the A board. But I still don't trust it.

Below are photos of my SC board. As you can see, there is evidence of severe over heating and found that some of the transistors are shorted.

The below image is some of the worst overheating around some of the transistors. The reverse view follows.

Clearly I need to replace this board. The question is why I'm getting diagnostics that say I need a new A board? I'm thinking I'll try replacing the SS with the correct board and go from there.

Thoughts? Thanks again for the help.

I doubt it's A board.

Something has changed since you're at 8 blinks instead of the original fault.

Which transistors are shorted?

If SC has shorted transistors, then it's a no brainer.

If you can score a SS as well cheap, might be handy or see if any shorted transistors on that.

Does appear the SC is getting hot.

Not a great design for heat dissipation.

Normally I'd suggest isolating SC2,SC20,SS11, P35 and turning it on to see if it has no blinks. That should prove P & A but I suspect it won't work and give 8 blinks on these. If you do try it , don't reconnect any of the leads straight away, good chance of spiking boards or killing panel.
post #2020 of 2040 Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have a Panasonic Plasma TC-P50X5.  The Manufacture date was in 2012.  Today I had a power outage and the television was working fine.  When the electricity comes back on I cannot get the television to come back on.  I have tried changing outlets but no success.  I would like to know before I spend alot of money is if this is the power cord or something to do with the television itself.  There does not seem to be any red lights or any blinking lights on the tv when I attempt to turn it on.  Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

post #2021 of 2040 Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 AM

Liked: 0
I have a Panasonic TC-P58S2.
last night we were watching tv and the right 1/3 of the screen became a bunch of different colored lines.

I thought it might be the blue ray,so i went to tv and had the same issue.
I promptly unplugged for awhile. I turned it back on a bit later and the entire picture came on, but then went back out about 5-10 minutes after turning back on.

The center and left of the screen are completely clear and working fine.

Any Advice would be appreciated. Also I am new here, so if i should start a new thread pleas just let me know and I will.
post #2022 of 2040 Old 06-12-2014, 12:59 PM

My plasma fixed!

My friend donated his "broken" Panasonic th-42pz85ea with two blinks. After a lot of googling I came across this thread and I must admit I would have never have found the fault in those minimal 1uf capacitors.

I replaced the few caps on the power control boards with discrete ceramics and to my great disappointment, I got six blinks.

I disassembled the SC and the upper and lower drivers, metered them, but nothing was shorted. I proceeded to disassemble the thing several times, even grounding the SOS6 test point which made the display turn on but with no picture. After giving up I powered it on with the A control board disconnected. The plasma fired up completely white with some stripes that were easily fixed by reseating the SC board connectors. After reconnecting the A-board it started to display analog static. Success! It's been two days since the fix and it's still running strong. Perhaps the disconnection reset some register somewhere or just getting the energy recovery circuit running at full volume exercised the components enough to make it power on.

Thank you for the great insight!

I did notice that someone said that M301 is 15v standby but it's actually the Vsus controller, at least on this screen.

Some random pictures http://nanite.uraanikaivos.com/Plasma/.

Repair manual http://nanite.uraanikaivos.com/juhaplasmahuoltoopas.pdf.
post #2023 of 2040 Old 06-12-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmedic View Post
<p>I have a Panasonic Plasma TC-P50X5.  The Manufacture date was in 2012.  Today I had a power outage and the television was working fine.  When the electricity comes back on I cannot get the television to come back on.  I have tried changing outlets but no success.  I would like to know before I spend alot of money is if this is the power cord or something to do with the television itself.  There does not seem to be any red lights or any blinking lights on the tv when I attempt to turn it on.  Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated. <br><br>
Thanks</p>
Most common problem on this model is the PSS board. http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-n...06-p-board.htm

In order to diagnose this problem you need to take off the back and check for standby voltage on the PSS board with your meter. If you have no standby voltage (3-5v) then it's for sure the PSS board.
post #2024 of 2040 Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
YAY! After only 2.5 years in operation I've got the 7 blinks.

TC-P50GT30 made in July of 2011. I've just taken off the stand and getting ready to take the back off.

I do have a question though. For about a week prior to this, there was a 2 or 3 inch high band through the middle of the panel (horizontally) that would flicker when I turned the TV on. It would flicker anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute but always correct itself. I turned on the TV yesterday while walking away from it. I heard the sound come on but can't say if there was picture or not. After grabbing my soda in the kitchen I came back to a black display. Powered down and up and got the 7 blinks.

I was just curious if the flickering band may have been a symptom of the impending problem or maybe the cause or maybe just something unrelated?
post #2025 of 2040 Old 06-13-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0gr4m View Post

TC-P50GT30 made in July of 2011. I've just taken off the stand and getting ready to take the back off.

I do have a question though. For about a week prior to this, there was a 2 or 3 inch high band through the middle of the panel (horizontally) that would flicker when I turned the TV on. It would flicker anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute but always correct itself. I turned on the TV yesterday while walking away from it. I heard the sound come on but can't say if there was picture or not. After grabbing my soda in the kitchen I came back to a black display. Powered down and up and got the 7 blinks.

I was just curious if the flickering band may have been a symptom of the impending problem or maybe the cause or maybe just something unrelated?
Most likely you have a shorted SC board and possibly bad upper and lower buffers (SU and SD boards). You heed to do a resistance check on the boards to see if they are good. If you replace the SC and also have a bad SU or SD you could damage the SC again when you turn it on. Most likely a horizontal band is related to a SU or SD failure.
post #2026 of 2040 Old 06-15-2014, 09:13 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toohip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0gr4m View Post

Most likely you have a shorted SC board and possibly bad upper and lower buffers (SU and SD boards). You heed to do a resistance check on the boards to see if they are good. If you replace the SC and also have a bad SU or SD you could damage the SC again when you turn it on. Most likely a horizontal band is related to a SU or SD failure.
SO... as of 1 month ago I started getting the top half of my P55GT30 screen to occasionally have some discoloration and was able to determine it was the TV and not the other components. After about 3weeks of this happening I ended up with the TV not powering on and the 7red blinks. Too my surprise I started googling and this is a major issue with these TV's.. Well after reading on here and badcaps it's obvious it's the SU & SC board from my guess.QUESTION??

My assumption is the SU board was shorting out and finally caused the SC board to short as well. I've read about replacing the SC board and the SU/SD board causing the SC to short if not fixed. So, I plan to send both the SU & SC board off to MODUSLINKPTS to repair. I don't have a multi meter to test but I think it's safe to say both boards need some fixing. I don't mind buying a new TV but I can't imagine selling this 55" for $100 broke knowing I can pay $150 to have both boards fixed. Ideally I might sell the TV after I get it fixed knowing this will just happen again. I always knew Plasmas got warm but this TV got real warm and pretty sure those fan's in this TV don't do anything.

Any advice before mailing my parts off would be great, but I think it's safe to say the SU board (top half) was going bad and replacing this is a MUST. I just want to confirm this part going out would then cause the SC to fail. I'll keep you guys posted after mailing in.

P.S. I can't believe this is my first post after joining in 2009

Last edited by greatdane84; 06-15-2014 at 09:15 AM.
post #2027 of 2040 Old 06-16-2014, 04:41 PM

Hey guys' came across this forum on a search for my issue. Just like to say thanks to all who are here to try and help us fix these problems.
I have a 2011 TC-P50S30 that just developed the 7 flashes, I'm wondering if there's a way to test the boards before replacing them.
I've priced the Su board and the Sd board, they are $170 each from Panasonic, plus $25 shipping, and whatever duty/customs charges to deliver to Canada.......so probably gonna be $300 all said and done for either one. Is Panasonic the only place to get these parts?
Also, is it even worth it to try fixing one of these? Seems they have endless issues judging by the replies here......or are some actually good, and I'm only reading about the troubled ones?
Thanks for any help.
Richard.
post #2028 of 2040 Old 06-17-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfpanasonic View Post
Hey guys' came across this forum on a search for my issue. Just like to say thanks to all who are here to try and help us fix these problems.
I have a 2011 TC-P50S30 that just developed the 7 flashes, I'm wondering if there's a way to test the boards before replacing them.
I've priced the Su board and the Sd board, they are $170 each from Panasonic, plus $25 shipping, and whatever duty/customs charges to deliver to Canada.......so probably gonna be $300 all said and done for either one. Is Panasonic the only place to get these parts?
Also, is it even worth it to try fixing one of these? Seems they have endless issues judging by the replies here......or are some actually good, and I'm only reading about the troubled ones?
Thanks for any help.
Richard.
I tried repairing the boards in my Panasonic 50" Plasma (cant remember the model number off the top of my head), by picking up one of the DiY kits off of ebay, but didn't have much luck. I ended up shipping my boards off to Zalinar123 (ebay seller that does TV repairs) and he did a great job. I emailed him alot since I was concerned my 1/2-A$$ repair (pronounced "hack") job may drive the cost up. But he had no issue fixing it for me, at no extra cost. Check out his listings, find one for your TV, or message him and talk to him directly.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/zalinar123/m...84.m1439.l2654

I have no affiliation with this or any ebay seller, just a satisfied customer.
post #2029 of 2040 Old 06-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lttlcheeze View Post
I tried repairing the boards in my Panasonic 50" Plasma (cant remember the model number off the top of my head), by picking up one of the DiY kits off of ebay, but didn't have much luck. I ended up shipping my boards off to Zalinar123 (ebay seller that does TV repairs) and he did a great job. I emailed him alot since I was concerned my 1/2-A$$ repair (pronounced "hack") job may drive the cost up. But he had no issue fixing it for me, at no extra cost. Check out his listings, find one for your TV, or message him and talk to him directly.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/zalinar123/m...84.m1439.l2654

I have no affiliation with this or any ebay seller, just a satisfied customer.
Thanks for the tip, I contacted him but he said he doesn't fix my particular problem.
post #2030 of 2040 Old 06-19-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfpanasonic View Post
Thanks for the tip, I contacted him but he said he doesn't fix my particular problem.
Sorry to hear, good luck with the fix.
post #2031 of 2040 Old 06-20-2014, 07:00 PM

Cant find any other comments about my issue but I hope one of you might have some idea. I have an old th-42px75u and its worked fine for years. Today, tried turning on and no picture or sound available. TV menu is visable so I dont think power supply is a problem and I dont see any blinking lights. Very stange to me that it turns on and I can mess with TV settings but nothing comes through for signal. Ive swapped cables, boxes, alternated hdmi and even plugged an antenna in...nothing. Anyone experience this? Any suggestions appreciated!
post #2032 of 2040 Old 06-25-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget View Post
Everyday we see a new thread about Panasonic Plasma's not turning on. If your set fails to turn on and you have a blinking light, post here. Hopefully this will keep all of the info in one place and everybody can stop asking the same question.<br><br>
If it blinks 7 times, your power supply is shot<br>
If it blinks 10 times, a video board went bad.<br><br>
Please also post the size of your set, city it was purchased in, and build on date (back of your set).<br><br>
Check out this link for more info:<br><a href="http://www.bruzziforum.com/vbf/showthread.php?t=79" target="_blank">http://www.bruzziforum.com/vbf/showthread.php?t=79</a>
Panasonic viera model TX-P42XT50B
yesterday my daughter switched the TV on a message appear ask to update the TV software. after the update the TV start getting slow and not functioning correctly. and now it does not switch on.
any help from you guys.
i called Panasonic the only thing are helping with is selling another TV.
post #2033 of 2040 Old 06-26-2014, 05:44 AM

I have a Panasonic tc-p60UT50 that is almost 2 years old.. we had a major storm blow through.. I lightning bolt hit a neighbors tree across the street killing power.. our TV wouldn't turn back on and it shows the red light blinking 3 times constantly. This TV has been awesome for watching and playing video games with the family. I have read through a lot of forums and not seen where anyone talked about the red light blinking 3 times.

I am out of warranty so that isn't an option plus.. I don't believe this would be a real warranty issue due to the storm.. and I did mess up.. I never bought a surge protector.. which isn't like me.. everything else has one in our house.

I am not going to pay a lot for someone to repair it.. so what are my options for figuring out what is at fault and possibly repairing myself..

Thank you
post #2034 of 2040 Old 07-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Hey my GT30 purchased on 2/12 just died but it doesn't turn on at all. No blinking lights at all. What the hell do I do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
post #2035 of 2040 Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM

I have a panny 65" st30. It was giving me trouble with the right side of the screen, then it was 8 blinks and now the orange power button comes on for a minute but the screen never buzzes like when it comes on and then after 20 seconds or so, it clicks off. I am 3 months out of warranty with less than 600 hours on the set and Panasonic won't do jack crap. The repair guy wants $150 just to come out and some $250 core charge for something and that may not even fix it so I guess I'm screwed. I'll never touch a Panasonic again. If anyone has the stones to get together a class action lawsuit, count me in.
I found this page with tons of people having the same issues....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Panas...52918558086845
post #2036 of 2040 Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 PM

First off let me admit that I haven't read the whole thread (68 pages is a lot).

I have a Panasonic TH-42PZ700U that I bought back in Oct of 2007.

Last night the TV suddenly shut off and the LED started blinking. It blinks 10 times.

I blew all the dust of any vents (the top were clear the back not so much), unplugged, power and HDMI and let it sit for about an hour. Plugged it back in and when powered on the LED started blinking again.

Is there a way I can diagnose and repair this myself or do I just toss it and buy a new one? I have swapped motherboards in laptops before so I should be able to swap boards though soldering chips is probably a bit too much.

Thanks

post #2037 of 2040 Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 PM

kdh05,
Thanks for the great post! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting the picture of the MCx01 board with the bad surface mount cap circled again. The image is not showing up when I view the webpage. I am hoping to replace the caps in my 10 blink Panny. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdh05 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Here is a picture of one of the MCx01 boards. They are both very similar and the same on several different power supplies.

I've circled the bad surface mount cap in red. You can replace it with any 1uf cap that you can find. It is a soldering challenge, though.

post #2038 of 2040 Old 07-09-2014, 05:05 PM

Thanks, kdh05 and to everyone who contributed to the capacitor replacement fix! I replaced the specified tiny capacitor on both MCx01 cards of my 10 blink TH-46PZ85U with the tantalum cap from RadioShack. I was careful to orient the cap with correct polarity (see post #1321 by tomwil). Prior to the repair, the TV would not turn on at all, but since the repair it has powered on every time without any blinks. I am a novice in soldering, so the end product didn't look pretty... in fact, while doing the repair, I thought it was likely that I had badly damaged the boards. However, upon putting the cover back on and powering up, everything seemed to once again work normally.

I am afraid I have some cold solders... I also unintentionally shrunk the black sheath around the orange cap near the center of the pic with my soldering iron, which I'm afraid will contribute to some kind of overheating... to sum it up, I have a catastrophic fear that the TV is going to catch on fire at some point because of my tinkering. Should I be afraid of these things or just be glad the TV's working?

Thanks again! Pics of my repair below:

Last edited by Ichthys; 07-09-2014 at 05:37 PM.
post #2039 of 2040 Old Yesterday, 01:51 PM

Don't worry about the heatshrink on that orange cap, no problem.

You did great! And the tv will probably work as is indefinitely.

But, if you add a dab of flux on each lead of the two caps, then put the iron on each one for about two seconds, it would smooth out the joint and make it a better solder joint, too.

Enjoy your tv!
post #2040 of 2040 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Seven Lights of Death

Today I tried to use my Panasonic TC-P50S30 Plasma, but it would not turn on. Instead, I found that it unfortunately has the "blinking lights of death," as the internet so kindly refers to it. The power light repetitively blinks 7 times, which is an error code indicating (according to most of the internet) that either the SC board, the SU board, or the SD board need to be replaced. According to some quick research, the problem is most likely the SC board. I am not willing to order a new SC board just yet when there could be other repair options on the table.

So, my question is this: Is there any chance that simply replacing the transistors, resistors, and diodes of the TV's SC board would solve my problem and get the TV up and running again?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page