Forum Jump: 

post #2101 of 2114 Old 09-23-2014, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtbergquist View Post
Thanks for your help. I thought that whether it's 3 or 4 blinks that it's PSU related rather than one of the other boards. Perhaps I'll be able to see something once I remove the back. Another thing I've seen on the forums is that people just wait when their TVs die and sometimes they come back to life when plugged in another room etc. Seems rather random, but there you go.
I've dealt with payless and very good with returns, does get it wrong evry now and again. the Ebay price is $20 cheaper than his own website which is unusual. normally other way around.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PANASONIC...item2ed432763e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2114 Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
Do you think the 42X60 board N0AE6JK00007 will suit the S60?

part number for 42S60 is N0AE6KK00014
Hope so...it really wasn't that expensive so I gambled. Will Google correct part nr too. Thanks for that.
post #2103 of 2114 Old 09-23-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Hope so...it really wasn't that expensive so I gambled. Will Google correct part nr too. Thanks for that.
I guess it's too late now, the other link is cheap. How cheap was this board?

Pretty sure I'm right. The X60 is a HD model.

Yours is a FHD model, different panel. I dont think I'd be gambling with the wrong board. You do have a 42S60?

From the images I'm seeing it's quite different and the panel ribbon connector is not going to line up, waste of time and money.
post #2104 of 2114 Old 09-23-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I guess it's too late now, the other link is cheap. How cheap was this board?

Pretty sure I'm right. The X60 is a HD model.

Yours is a FHD model, different panel. I dont think I'd be gambling with the wrong board. You do have a 42S60?

From the images I'm seeing it's quite different and the panel ribbon connector is not going to line up, waste of time and money.
Dang. Yes, I have the 42S60. Hoped they would more or less the same...X60 is not a smart tv, had no Internet connections etc.

I can try to return the other part, and then buying the one you linked.
post #2105 of 2114 Old 09-23-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Dang. Yes, I have the 42S60. Hoped they would more or less the same...X60 is not a smart tv, had no Internet connections etc.

I can try to return the other part, and then buying the one you linked.

yeah, I think so. you don't have a choice really I'm afraid, hope it works otherwise will need some fault finding with a multimeter.
post #2106 of 2114 Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic Plasma Mainboard Issue

Accidentally sent a surge to my Panasonic TH50PZ800U through an HDMI port and it looks like I fried my main board (part TNPH0767). The TV and its backlight still turn on but there's no image. I replaced the board but it hasn't fixed the issue. Has anybody ever bumped into a similar situation, or have any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks!
post #2107 of 2114 Old 09-25-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Carolan View Post
Accidentally sent a surge to my Panasonic TH50PZ800U through an HDMI port and it looks like I fried my main board (part TNPH0767). The TV and its backlight still turn on but there's no image. I replaced the board but it hasn't fixed the issue. Has anybody ever bumped into a similar situation, or have any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks!
How did you manage that? I've had a lightning strike spike come through the HDMI port via antenna and settop box then HDMI.

Being plasma there's no backlight but I get the idea, panel is on no image, no SOS codes either in that case . So the replacement is used, do the revisions match up? It's the same board?

Always a chance the used board was faulty too? Or could be D board also. Any on screen display if you cycle the Av button?

You can get these rebuilt, was the replacement expensive? You have connected every thing including the LVDS cable . I think these have a d board to so check both ends

So the board should have been TNPH0767AC
post #2108 of 2114 Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
How did you manage that? I've had a lightning strike spike come through the HDMI port via antenna and settop box then HDMI.

Being plasma there's no backlight but I get the idea, panel is on no image, no SOS codes either in that case . So the replacement is used, do the revisions match up? It's the same board?

Always a chance the used board was faulty too? Or could be D board also. Any on screen display if you cycle the Av button?

You can get these rebuilt, was the replacement expensive? You have connected every thing including the LVDS cable . I think these have a d board to so check both ends

So the board should have been TNPH0767AC
Had a laptop connected through the HDMI port, and when I (stupidly) went to power the laptop I ended up sending a surge through both - the main board had a visible char spot on it.
I believe the revisions match up on the replacement board - definitely a TNPH0767 AC - and I can't say for sure that the replacement isn't faulty, it was claimed as fully working by the seller. The replacement was $140 - I'd imagine a rebuild wouldn't be much cheaper.

Yep, no on-screen images at all - just faint lighting. Didn't mention this before, but there's no blinking LED code either - the LED is a constant when I use the remote to turn on the unit, but it won't turn off and is unresponsive to the remote.

I can look into checking the LVDS cable to the D board, but I'm not totally sure how to do that - if you have any other tips, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for all the help!
post #2109 of 2114 Old 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Had a laptop connected through the HDMI port, and when I (stupidly) went to power the laptop I ended up sending a surge through both - the main board had a visible char spot on it.
I believe the revisions match up on the replacement board - definitely a TNPH0767 AC - and I can't say for sure that the replacement isn't faulty, it was claimed as fully working by the seller. The replacement was $140 - I'd imagine a rebuild wouldn't be much cheaper.

Yep, no on-screen images at all - just faint lighting. Didn't mention this before, but there's no blinking LED code either - the LED is a constant when I use the remote to turn on the unit, but it won't turn off and is unresponsive to the remote.

I can look into checking the LVDS cable to the D board, but I'm not totally sure how to do that - if you have any other tips, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for all the help!
no I don't. http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/...ph0767&x=0&y=0

The char spot might be an issue, they may not touch it for repair, maybe they can help more, ask them.

I'm thinking suggesting to the seller the A board is bad

They don't list your rev AC but if they can repair and ADS then there should be no reason they can't repair ACS. At least they will test it first and if good they let you know and do not repair from what I have read.
post #2110 of 2114 Old 09-26-2014, 03:01 PM

Thanks!
post #2111 of 2114 Old 09-26-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
Since you have a dimly lit screen, no dispaly i am leaning towards A board that and you said you have no remote contol over the Tvto shut it down so it sounds like it's locked up, that would suggest A board too.

I'm not an expert on these models though. Another thingis if the LVDS cable (cluster of red cables ob the A board) youwould get a pure white display, when it's connected you get what you have if except if it was working you'd have video date eg picture or on screen display which I assume you don't either. More common fault with these though is the 2/10 blink PSu issue. I 've got the 46PZ800.

It's definitely A or D boards. I still think Modus might be the go, if they won't touch your old board then this replacement may be worth keeping for a core to get repaired, may even be worth negotiating a price reduction instaed from the seller and use that core for a repair.

Problem I see is if i was the seller I want evidience of it being bad or have it returned but some people are good. Most used arts are not tested , The fact the board is for sale means it's out of a broken TV, no ody strips down a fully functional TV, usually smashed screens . They may have manged to fire this board up and get no SOS blinks and assumed it was good. i would, but it's an example of no blinks but still faulty.

I have done a bit of component repair on the Sustain boards SC and have managed to repair one once which fired up, no blinks and primed screen so it can happen, rare though for that to be SC board.
post #2112 of 2114 Old 09-30-2014, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Add another to the long list of failed units. I have a TC-P55GT30 and it is showing 7 blinking lights...great. Thanks for a the great info in these treads. Since Panasonic told me that would not assist, I will attempt to fix it. My unit was manufactured in September of 2011 and I purchased directly from Panasonic on 10/12/11.
post #2113 of 2114 Old 09-30-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
yeah, I think so. you don't have a choice really I'm afraid, hope it works otherwise will need some fault finding with a multimeter.
Tried with the correct PSU board, but it had no effect. Same blinks, 3 or 4. I read somewhere that the fact that it blinks as soon as I plug in the tv means something. As opposed to having to press power button first. Took some photos of other boards that I'll try to upload for remote diagnosis. But I assume it'll be invisible to the naked eye...
post #2114 of 2114 Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Tried with the correct PSU board, but it had no effect. Same blinks, 3 or 4. I read somewhere that the fact that it blinks as soon as I plug in the tv means something. As opposed to having to press power button first. Took some photos of other boards that I'll try to upload for remote diagnosis. But I assume it'll be invisible to the naked eye...
Not sure how much I can help with this very late model as I have no experience . I think you should upload a video of the blink code. it either 3 or 4 not both and without a correct starting point makes it very hard.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List
TW2005

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page