post #2161 of 2164 Old 12-01-2014, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
ModuslinkPTS do board level repair

You will have to check your version sticker. http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/...pa5335&x=0&y=0

Think about the new screw set for both the SC and SS boards as it's known they work loose and poor earthing then causes arcing and blows the board. I'd inspect both the chassis mount points for burning and the board pads, ensure they are clean for good contact.

Good Idea to check SD/SU boards for shorts. Do you know for sure SC board is shorted?

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-x...-screw-kit.htm
Thanks for the reply. I am not positive that the SC board is shorted. I will check for shorts and take a look at the chassis mount points and board pads. I see it costs about $200 for the board repair kit, plus the time and effort it takes to send it in. I would also be running of the risk of messing something up. Any insight into how successful the repair kits are for amateurs? It makes me a little nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2164 Old 12-02-2014, 01:10 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyK View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am not positive that the SC board is shorted. I will check for shorts and take a look at the chassis mount points and board pads. I see it costs about $200 for the board repair kit, plus the time and effort it takes to send it in. I would also be running of the risk of messing something up. Any insight into how successful the repair kits are for amateurs? It makes me a little nervous.
$200 for repair kit? where are you looking? Modus repair/return is less than that
probably not a beginner job, you'd need good soldering skills and experience. Sending in for repair would be the easiest option and cheaper
post #2163 of 2164 Old 12-04-2014, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a 2009 Panasonic TC-P65S1.

I put it out to pasture about 9 months ago out of frustration, and finally got the gumption to try and figure out what was wrong with it again tonight. I've been researching for the past few hours.

Previously, the TV would shut down and the LED would blink 8 times. This would occur after the TV was on and displaying an image for between 5 mins and 2 hours. Tonight I thought that I would try to duplicate the problem so that I would have more information before posting, so I removed the rear panel to have a quick look around and then plugged it in and fired it up. Now I am getting an immediate shut down and the LED is blinking 9 times.

I guess that I may have disturbed something while removing the rear panel. The only other possible issues that are immediately obvious to me is that the three large 220v, 1200uf caps on the power supply board appear to be slightly swollen on top. This is the first time that I have removed the rear panel.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions? Do you think that the three bulging (failing) caps could be causing both of my error codes?

Thanks
post #2164 of 2164 Old Today, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
L6FAYYYH0094 , FAN UNIT(80MM-T25), for a TC-P50VT20, should be the same for a VT25

looks like on backorder.
Thank you! I found one new on eBay.

Problem is intermittent. For now looks like it might be a loose connector but will order fan anyway. This has been a tough one to diagnose.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page