1Likes

post #2191 of 2194 Old 01-03-2015, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandehdtv View Post
Not sure what happened but it's working now! Guess the ghost in the machine needed some time to adjust to the new parts. Only problem is 2 small horizontal lines going across upper third of screen. I'm assuming it's a couple of the ribbons that aren't seated correctly?
Yes, turn the TV off and where the lines are they will line up with the corresponding offending ribbon. They need to be in straight and all the way. You can compare to another ribbon with no issues to see if in correctly. Don't try this with TV on or you wil blow the boards up!

Since it mysteriously started working, I'd go over all connections and mounting screws for the SC/SD/SU.

A misaligned SC20 ribbon can give issues but if it all looks tight and straight, I guess leave it alone.

Pity you don't have the gear to test, the Buffers maybe ok and that SC board I'd keep. they can be repaired ad at some point spares run out. I know with my 2010 the Sc is expensive and hard to find, but I repair mine now, done about 6 of them and just did a 2011 50S30 which 4 parts replaced.

3 screws to mount the Sd/Su boards, I see 2 for gnd but from habit it's always been 4 but looks like they saved a few cents going to 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2194 Old 01-05-2015, 12:28 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
Yes, turn the TV off and where the lines are they will line up with the corresponding offending ribbon. They need to be in straight and all the way. You can compare to another ribbon with no issues to see if in correctly. Don't try this with TV on or you wil blow the boards up!

Since it mysteriously started working, I'd go over all connections and mounting screws for the SC/SD/SU.

A misaligned SC20 ribbon can give issues but if it all looks tight and straight, I guess leave it alone.

Pity you don't have the gear to test, the Buffers maybe ok and that SC board I'd keep. they can be repaired ad at some point spares run out. I know with my 2010 the Sc is expensive and hard to find, but I repair mine now, done about 6 of them and just did a 2011 50S30 which 4 parts replaced.

3 screws to mount the Sd/Su boards, I see 2 for gnd but from habit it's always been 4 but looks like they saved a few cents going to 2.
Tweaked the ribbon and all is good now. Thanks TW2005! Just a word of advice for people doing this themselves. Put on some gloves when removing or putting back on the rear cover. The sheet metal it's made of is pretty sharp at the edges....I learned the hard way.
post #2193 of 2194 Old Today, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's been a long time since I last posted, but have been happy with my 55VT30. Until now. A few nights ago I turned on the TV and noticed the top third of the picture had some type of color distortion that went away after turning it off/on. BTW, there has never been any buzzing or other odd noises coming from the TV. Last night I noticed it again, so I turned off. When I turned it back on the pictured appeared briefly, then 'pop'. A distinct sound followed by the TV shutting off completely. It would not turn on and no lights. I unplugged and attempted to power up, but nothing. No lights, no blinking, nothing. Bought in 9/2011 Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
post #2194 of 2194 Old Today, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UPDATE - I discovered I needed to leave it unplugged for 10 minutes before attempting to view a code. Did it and now see the 7-blinks. Now wonder if parts are available....
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic