Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 75 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
post #2221 of 2223 Old Today, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys, I'm frustrated. Apparently I need a new SC board in my Panasonic 50ST30. It's going to cost a total of $320 to get fixed...not as bad as I thought but still not cheap. Since it seems to be a common problem, is there a chance of getting it replaced for free? I already paid the $99 diags fee (that goes toward the repair).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2223 Old Today, 04:09 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post
Guys, I'm frustrated. Apparently I need a new SC board in my Panasonic 50ST30. It's going to cost a total of $320 to get fixed...not as bad as I thought but still not cheap. Since it seems to be a common problem, is there a chance of getting it replaced for free? I already paid the $99 diags fee (that goes toward the repair).
Pity you did not seek advice first on this. You'd have to approach panasonic but from what i've read from previous experience in the US it's not worth the hassle. I've read of someone having to pay for diag, panasonic pay the repair labour but you pay for the part and after all that the reapair cost was still about what you say.

If you are confident in taking the back off the Tv, remove the Sc board yourself, send it to moduslinkpts for repair and install yourself

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/txnsc1phuu/

there are repair kits $30 and I have done the same board for a S30 and all I had to replace was 4 transistors for about $6 but sometimes it can be more than this that needs replacing so modus is the safest option and you'll get out of it for a bit over $100. unless you have some soldering experience and the tools that's what I'd do. there may be some people offering repairs on ebay also a bit cheaper but modus seem to get good reports on the other forum I'm on

if you'd posted this first I probably could have diag the fault as SC for free and it is the most common fault with that generation of pansonic plasmas.

The Tv is probably more than 3 years old so I would not expect must free assistance from panasonic.

did they test the buffer boards for shorts and confirmed hey were ok as part of the diag?
post #2223 of 2223 Unread Today, 09:33 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
Pity you did not seek advice first on this. You'd have to approach panasonic but from what i've read from previous experience in the US it's not worth the hassle. I've read of someone having to pay for diag, panasonic pay the repair labour but you pay for the part and after all that the reapair cost was still about what you say.

If you are confident in taking the back off the Tv, remove the Sc board yourself, send it to moduslinkpts for repair and install yourself

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/txnsc1phuu/

there are repair kits $30 and I have done the same board for a S30 and all I had to replace was 4 transistors for about $6 but sometimes it can be more than this that needs replacing so modus is the safest option and you'll get out of it for a bit over $100. unless you have some soldering experience and the tools that's what I'd do. there may be some people offering repairs on ebay also a bit cheaper but modus seem to get good reports on the other forum I'm on

if you'd posted this first I probably could have diag the fault as SC for free and it is the most common fault with that generation of pansonic plasmas.

The Tv is probably more than 3 years old so I would not expect must free assistance from panasonic.

did they test the buffer boards for shorts and confirmed hey were ok as part of the diag?
Thank you. It's fine. If I had known Panny's had this issue, I probably would have skipped it. However, this made me apperciate my TV that much more. Almost no TV (I was considering buying a new one) compares. So $320 vs a $1200+ one is good for me. I just look at it on the bright side. I only paid $700 for the TV and got a free blu ray player with it. So in total $1000 is still below the market value. I was going to buy a New 3DSXL with that money anyways so it's not too much sweat here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page