Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 76 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #2251 of 2261 Old 04-26-2015, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I've had my panasonic p46st30 for a while now--number of years maybe 3-4)--and it was working fine up till now. I've been combing and reading through the thread but apparently not many people had the same problem as mine and the ones that did their questions never got responded so I was wondering if anybody would be kind of enough to help me?

My tv now won't turn on at all--the display when turned on makes the usual 1 click noise when you first turn it on and then displays a black screen and stays there--with the red LED on the front bottom screen displaying power staying at a constant rate with no blinking. Whereas after this happens the remote doesn't work or respond to the tv, and also the buttons on the tv do not work at all--all buttons including the menu--yet the power on the tv is on. So I'm not sure if this is the A board or not?

Would somebody be kind enough to help me with this?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2261 Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuell View Post
Ok so I've had my panasonic p46st30 for a while now--number of years maybe 3-4)--and it was working fine up till now. I've been combing and reading through the thread but apparently not many people had the same problem as mine and the ones that did their questions never got responded so I was wondering if anybody would be kind of enough to help me?

My tv now won't turn on at all--the display when turned on makes the usual 1 click noise when you first turn it on and then displays a black screen and stays there--with the red LED on the front bottom screen displaying power staying at a constant rate with no blinking. Whereas after this happens the remote doesn't work or respond to the tv, and also the buttons on the tv do not work at all--all buttons including the menu--yet the power on the tv is on. So I'm not sure if this is the A board or not?

Would somebody be kind enough to help me with this?

Thanks.
Sounds like it could be in locked mode, shorted Sc board would be high on the suspect list which can produce locked solid LED, no codes.

"Shutdown but No Blink code - Power LED stays on (Check for Shorted Vsus* / Vda** / P15V)."

"Red Solid LED (No Blink): LSI error. This condition is triggered when the power supply SOS-detect-signal is triggered during the startup process."

"These conditions can cause the TV to shutdown while the power LED stays on (Solid red)
New
Over current condition detected by the power supply during start-up process.
􀂉
Shorted Vsus.
􀂉
Shorted Vda.
􀂉
Shorted P15V.
Wrong diagnostic by the A board"

Also recommended to replace the SC mounting bolts with preferred bolts with flat washers and spring washers like they use to be as these new ones are not suited and work loose, create poor earths and arcing. you may find some loose on this board an the SS board on the other side.

you may find some more info on Badcaps.net Affects this whole series (2011) Sc board short is very common

ModuslinkPTS do rebuilds and Sd/SU boards need to be checked for shorts as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ST30 locked LED.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	688569  
post #2253 of 2261 Old 05-03-2015, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TX-P42S30B - 6 blinks

Hi,

I have a TX-P42S30B with 6 blinks.

I've found the ShopJimmy YouTube video for diagnosing the offending board BUT it's naturally for the US model.

My question is: do you think I can follow the diagnostic advice for my UK model?
post #2254 of 2261 Old 05-03-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFloutier View Post
Hi,

I have a TX-P42S30B with 6 blinks.

I've found the ShopJimmy YouTube video for diagnosing the offending board BUT it's naturally for the US model.

My question is: do you think I can follow the diagnostic advice for my UK model?
yes, 6 blinks i'd be thinking SN board
post #2255 of 2261 Old 05-04-2015, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys.

I have the 7 blinks problem on my ST30, i suspect it can be a problem with the A board because when the error happened the hdmi cable was folded on the conector. I think it might short the A board.

How can I check the A board? SAT ask me 300$ for that...
post #2256 of 2261 Old 05-04-2015, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by websmr View Post
Hi guys.

I have the 7 blinks problem on my ST30, i suspect it can be a problem with the A board because when the error happened the hdmi cable was folded on the conector. I think it might short the A board.

The service manual tells you how to test each board for specific problems. If you're good with a multimeter, it's probably not too hard to check. Was there any prior indication that something was wrong (loud buzzing, pink/purple IR and ghosting)? The SC, SD, SS, and SU board are a common problem on the 30 series and 7 blinks can indicate problems with them.
post #2257 of 2261 Old 05-05-2015, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by websmr View Post
Hi guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowe View Post
The service manual tells you how to test each board for specific problems. If you're good with a multimeter, it's probably not too hard to check. Was there any prior indication that something was wrong (loud buzzing, pink/purple IR and ghosting)? The SC, SD, SS, and SU board are a common problem on the 30 series and 7 blinks can indicate problems with them.
I'd be going down the Sc,SD,Su path first for a 7 blink. Not sure what you mean by cable folded on conector.

full model # would be handy for looking up the correct service manual. Sometimes it's possible to isolate all the boards to check if A board is triggering 7 blink but the other boards are more likely and 7 blink is common failure of this series as too loose mounting screws on the Sc and SS boards
post #2258 of 2261 Old 05-05-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowe View Post
Was there any prior indication that something was wrong (loud buzzing, pink/purple IR and ghosting)? The SC, SD, SS, and SU board are a common problem on the 30 series and 7 blinks can indicate problems with them.
Not even one problem until yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
Not sure what you mean by cable folded on conector.
Sorry for that, english is not my native language, what i tried to say its the hdmi connector was broke inside of the TV

I let a image i found on the web similar to what happened, except the connector got stuck on the TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hdmir3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	701490  
post #2259 of 2261 Old 05-12-2015, 08:30 AM

Liked: 10
Has anyone had problems with their Moduslink repaired boards? I had my boards repaired in January. They worked fine until 2 weeks ago when I got the 7 blinking lights again. I've tried contacting Moduslink several times over the last 2 weeks hoping they might help me out but I can't get a response from them. I was hoping for more than 3 months out of the repaired boards.
post #2260 of 2261 Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
No problems with my Modus repaired boards yet, it's been about 2 months *knocks on wood*. When you reinstalled the boards, did you make sure to either use the updated screw kit or loc-tite (blue / medium) the original screws back in? Getting ready to send them the A board from my 65" VT30, hoping all goes well.
post #2261 of 2261 Unread Today, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwmad View Post
Has anyone had problems with their Moduslink repaired boards? I had my boards repaired in January. They worked fine until 2 weeks ago when I got the 7 blinking lights again. I've tried contacting Moduslink several times over the last 2 weeks hoping they might help me out but I can't get a response from them. I was hoping for more than 3 months out of the repaired boards.
keep in mind panasonic designed these boards, modus repair the fault present. It's unfortunate but I do my own and have a 2 repaired board still working after 5 months.

I assume you've sent a request /enquiry in writing via email?
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
PURCHASED / REPAIRED TV PARTS WARRANTY POLICY:

We offer a 6 month warranty policy for items purchased from or repaired by ModusLink PTS. If you wish to return your purchased part for credit, please see our return policy below.

PURCHASED / REPAIRED TV PARTS RETURN POLICY

You may return product purchased from this site within 30 days of the initial order date. We ask that all items be returned in original condition. A restocking fee of 20% will be assessed to all customer returns. Please remember that items returned outside the 30 day purchase window and customer repairs are not eligible for credit.

You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of shipping your package, however, in many cases you will receive a refund quicker. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return, the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it, and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request.

If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Completed Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page