Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 76 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #2251 of 2252 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I've had my panasonic p46st30 for a while now--number of years maybe 3-4)--and it was working fine up till now. I've been combing and reading through the thread but apparently not many people had the same problem as mine and the ones that did their questions never got responded so I was wondering if anybody would be kind of enough to help me?

My tv now won't turn on at all--the display when turned on makes the usual 1 click noise when you first turn it on and then displays a black screen and stays there--with the red LED on the front bottom screen displaying power staying at a constant rate with no blinking. Whereas after this happens the remote doesn't work or respond to the tv, and also the buttons on the tv do not work at all--all buttons including the menu--yet the power on the tv is on. So I'm not sure if this is the A board or not?

Would somebody be kind enough to help me with this?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2252 Unread Today, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swuell View Post
Ok so I've had my panasonic p46st30 for a while now--number of years maybe 3-4)--and it was working fine up till now. I've been combing and reading through the thread but apparently not many people had the same problem as mine and the ones that did their questions never got responded so I was wondering if anybody would be kind of enough to help me?

My tv now won't turn on at all--the display when turned on makes the usual 1 click noise when you first turn it on and then displays a black screen and stays there--with the red LED on the front bottom screen displaying power staying at a constant rate with no blinking. Whereas after this happens the remote doesn't work or respond to the tv, and also the buttons on the tv do not work at all--all buttons including the menu--yet the power on the tv is on. So I'm not sure if this is the A board or not?

Would somebody be kind enough to help me with this?

Thanks.
Sounds like it could be in locked mode, shorted Sc board would be high on the suspect list which can produce locked solid LED, no codes.

"Shutdown but No Blink code - Power LED stays on (Check for Shorted Vsus* / Vda** / P15V)."

"Red Solid LED (No Blink): LSI error. This condition is triggered when the power supply SOS-detect-signal is triggered during the startup process."

"These conditions can cause the TV to shutdown while the power LED stays on (Solid red)
New
Over current condition detected by the power supply during start-up process.
􀂉
Shorted Vsus.
􀂉
Shorted Vda.
􀂉
Shorted P15V.
Wrong diagnostic by the A board"

Also recommended to replace the SC mounting bolts with preferred bolts with flat washers and spring washers like they use to be as these new ones are not suited and work loose, create poor earths and arcing. you may find some loose on this board an the SS board on the other side.

you may find some more info on Badcaps.net Affects this whole series (2011) Sc board short is very common

ModuslinkPTS do rebuilds and Sd/SU boards need to be checked for shorts as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ST30 locked LED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	688569  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version