Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2311 of 2313 Old 09-17-2015, 07:44 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, menu will display on tv. After unplugging and replugging, I can see menu for tv to change time, date, video and audio settings, etc, as well as HDMI 1 and 2. But no display from other devices such as cable or consoles.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
post #2312 of 2313 Old 09-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Originally Posted by robw99 View Post
If two power boards aren't working, maybe its somewhere between the wall and the power board? The plug in box for the power cable seems to be installed fairly loosely. Have you tried multiple outlets?
Thank you for your reply @robw99 . I haven't tried multiple outlets yet, so I will try it. I thought there was an issue with the power cable so I came to Bestbuy to buy one and plug in, but the relay is still clicking. I also tried to disconnect all connections to the power supply and found out that if I connect the main board, which receives signal from HDMI, TV cable, etc, to the power supply board then the relay clicks. If I connect all other boards (not the main board) to the power supply board, then there is no relay clicking. But if I connect the main board to the power supply board then there is relay clicking. Do you think that the main board is having problems?

I also found a chart online. I don't know if it's applicable to my case. I just bought another power supply board and the situation still happens again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panasonic trouble shooting chart.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	945978  
post #2313 of 2313 Unread Today, 11:23 AM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Originally Posted by kq6ea View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone here (especially kdh05!) for making this information available.

Thanks to your guidance, I was able to repair my 2008 TH50PZ85U that had the "10 Blinks of Death" fault.

Once I got the set off the wall and removed the back panel, pulling out the "P" board was pretty easy.

Taking all those damn screws out so I could unsolder the little daughter board was a real PITA, but I wanted to work on the little board separately so I could hold it with my Panavise, and use my magnifier lamp while I carefully unsoldered the chip cap.

I replaced the chip with a 1uF, 35V tantalum, making sure I had the polarity correct (+ towards the bottom!), stuck it down with a dab of non-corrosive RTV (Dow 5140) and let it cure overnight, and began the tedious process of putting it all back together again.

After I had the set reassembled this afternoon, I laid on my back to look at the power LED (the set was face down on a thick comforter on the coffee table) and had my wife plug it in.

My stepson came over tonight, and we hoisted the set onto the desktop stand, connected all the cables, and it works perfectly again!

We then hoisted it up to the wall mount, and it's been happily playing for several hours now.

Thanks again, everybody, the information here saved me from buying a new TV. I'm a "Plasma Guy", and the pickings sure are slim these days!

Where in this thread do I need to look to find information about the fault I posted above? Is there a quick way to search the thread?
Sponsored Links
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page