Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #2341 of 2356 Old 01-08-2016, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
According to the manual I just posted the link to above it can be an A board or the P board.
Thanks for your response. I guess is my bad luck. Already replaced the P board (power supply) and nope,still the same so i guess is the A board (main board) and nobody seems to carry this particular board (TNPH1043UB)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2356 Old 01-08-2016, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigas View Post
Thanks for your response. I guess is my bad luck. Already replaced the P board (power supply) and nope,still the same so i guess is the A board (main board) and nobody seems to carry this particular board (TNPH1043UB)
You may want to give this place a call and see if they can rebuild your A board.

http://www.tvrepairplus.com/
post #2343 of 2356 Old 01-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As a followup to my original post about my 60ST30 lockup issues, I found a Panasonic troubleshooting guide for the ST30 series which references the problem. Panasonic refers to this problem as "Solid Red LED Failure (Locked Mode)".

Following their flow chart, it appears that I have a bad SC board. I removed the rear cover, and followed the steps of removing certain connectors, powering on, and counting blinks. While the cover was off, I could really pinpoint the source of the buzzing on the SC board. It was one or more of the transistors on the left heatsink. When I tapped or aplied pressure to the heatsink, the buzzing would go away.

After applying the right pressure, the buzzing stopped, and now the TV appears to be working okay! But, I will probably replace the SC board to ensure a longer lasting fix. Although, maybe the FET's need to be resoldered or something, since tapping the heatsink makes such a difference.

Anybody have any experience with buzzing FET's/Heatsinks on the SC and/or SS boards?
post #2344 of 2356 Old 01-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Followup to the followup: The issue returned. So, I just ordered an SC board from shopjimmy.
After tightening the screws on the SC and SS boards, the buzzing from those boards has stopped completely. (SS buzzed a hair before, not nearly as badly as SC.)
But, I do notice a buzz/hum from the P sub-board that feeds SC. That leads me to further believe it's a bad SC causing my problem. (or possibly bad power to the SC.) If the P sub-board still buzzes after changing the SC, I'll order one of those, as well. Only $35.
Does this sound like a reasonable plan of action to those familiar with these Panasonic plasma issues.
post #2345 of 2356 Old 01-10-2016, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thumbs up Service Manual Panasonic TX-P54Z11E

Quote:
I don't think I said that right. What I meant was that that's the link for the Z1 manual and I also have a technical manual for another model. I happened to find the link for the tech manual that I offered to email you. It's for a UT/ST50 series but some of it may be useful. Sorry about any confusion, cheers.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...41883858340609

I think I found the correct documentation for my (2009) Panasonic TX-P54Z11E:

1. Technical Guide Panasonic TX-P54Z1(1E)

2. Service Manual Panasonic TX-P54Z11(E)

Question: How to check how many hours the Pana has been used while viewing (excluding time in stand-by mode)?

Cheers

PANASONIC VIERA TX-P54Z11E (September 2009)
PIONEER PDP-436PE (2005)

Last edited by m4v3r1ckNL; 01-10-2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added picture & links
post #2346 of 2356 Old 01-10-2016, 09:26 AM

10 blinks..where do I start troubleshooting ?

TC-P65S2. Side hdmi fix does not work. How to test boards? From what I've read it's one of the two, but everyone says change one, then the other if necessary . That's too much $$. Help!
post #2347 of 2356 Old 01-10-2016, 07:54 PM

I have a P50GT50 that stopped working. When I power it on, the Smart Viera logo displays and then nothing else. Nothing from any of the ports, no menus, nothing. It has a solid red light (no flashing). I have unplugged the tv for several days and still the same thing. Any ideas?
post #2348 of 2356 Old 01-11-2016, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4v3r1ckNL View Post
I think I found the correct documentation for my (2009) Panasonic TX-P54Z11E:

Question: How to check how many hours the Pana has been used while viewing (excluding time in stand-by mode)?

Cheers
Access to the service mode is outlined in section 5 of your linked Z11 manual.
m4v3r1ckNL likes this.
post #2349 of 2356 Old 01-11-2016, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Access to the service mode is outlined in section 5 of your linked Z11 manual.
Thanks for your directions, found it!

Additional information: on 14-01 my TX-P54Z11E will be send to the Panasonic repair service here in The Netherlands, then awaiting their quotation for the repair/replacement of the SC board (and/or whatever boards they will find failing). Keep you posted.

Cheers

PANASONIC VIERA TX-P54Z11E (September 2009)
PIONEER PDP-436PE (2005)
post #2350 of 2356 Old 01-18-2016, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Have a TC-P55GT30 that upon startup (sometimes), has some weird color distortion on about the top third of the picture for 5-10 seconds, then it suddenly goes away and everything is fine thereafter. Could this be a sign that one of the boards is starting to go bad?

J Doug
post #2351 of 2356 Old 02-08-2016, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, all. Australian owner of a 50ST60 here. I've had trouble with this set from the start with fairly severe color distortion and I adjusted the VSUS to high in the service mode to compensate, which resulted in much less color distortion but also more audible "buzzing." It recently shut down while in use and immediately gave a 7 blink error code. I've opened it up and noted the results of isolating the different boards. This is the results.

Isolated SC, SU, SD boards 8 blinks
Isolated SU and SD boards 7 blinks
Isolated SS board 7 blinks
Isolated SS, SC, SU, SD boards 10 blinks
Isolated SU board 7 blinks
Isolated SD board 7 blinks
Isolated A board from P board no blinks or power
Isolated C1, C2, C3 from A board 7 blinks
Isolated speakers & sub-woofer from A board 7 blinks

Anyone have any input on these results? I haven't taken a multi-meter to it yet but going by the guide it seems my SS board is at fault? Any experts here who could provide some guidance on what to do next?
post #2352 of 2356 Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 PM

Turned on my TC-P55VT50 the night before the Super Bowl to the 7 Blinks of death.

Luckily, threads like this one helped me diagnose the issue within a couple of hours.

Ended up using a simple jumper in place of the "jig" that the panasonic service manual talks about and plugged it into the SC50 plug and powered the tv on. The blinks still remained, which according to the manual meant that it was most likely the SC board. Found a replacement online for about $100 and had it in my hands within 2 days.

Swapped out the board and VOILA! I have my plasma back. Huge relief that the fix was so easy. Thanks again for all the comments and recommendations here. TV bit the dust on Saturday and I had it back up and running the following Tuesday.

Last edited by Klutzy; 02-10-2016 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Adding image
post #2353 of 2356 Old 02-10-2016, 08:38 PM

Here's the PCB Layout for the TC-P55VT50
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB Layout.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1245449  
post #2354 of 2356 Old 02-11-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdougmc View Post
Have a TC-P55GT30 that upon startup (sometimes), has some weird color distortion on about the top third of the picture for 5-10 seconds, then it suddenly goes away and everything is fine thereafter. Could this be a sign that one of the boards is starting to go bad?
You have the infamous 2011 30 series with the faulty firmware and loose screws.

Your color distortion is probably your SU board going bad from the faulty firmware, and will eventually give you 7-blinks without much of a recourse.

Two things you might want to do now before it gets worse, is to update your firmware, and re-tighten the screws holding the SU-SD-SC boards.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #2355 of 2356 Old 02-11-2016, 06:54 PM

Below it's my first post to this thread and since that 5 years gone, TV was working good until week ago, it will not power up, it click and than 10 blinks. Bought main board no help, now I bought power board, it will be this Sat and shall see if it will fix, but my feeling after many reads its SC board (TNPA5105).

Anyone has same problem with same Panasonic type tv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vad1819 View Post
hi,

I have this issue. I bought TV Panasonic TC-P50U2 in November, then this month (Jan) it will shut off by itself with out any reason, then I will turn back on it will work fine rest of the evening. It does almost each evening, after 1-2 hours power up.

Please help. I have Verizon Fios cable box.

Last edited by Vad1819; 02-11-2016 at 07:01 PM.
post #2356 of 2356 Old Today, 06:34 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveGhost View Post
Hi, all. Australian owner of a 50ST60 here. I've had trouble with this set from the start with fairly severe color distortion and I adjusted the VSUS to high in the service mode to compensate, which resulted in much less color distortion but also more audible "buzzing." It recently shut down while in use and immediately gave a 7 blink error code. I've opened it up and noted the results of isolating the different boards. This is the results.

Isolated SC, SU, SD boards 8 blinks
Isolated SU and SD boards 7 blinks
Isolated SS board 7 blinks
Isolated SS, SC, SU, SD boards 10 blinks
Isolated SU board 7 blinks
Isolated SD board 7 blinks
Isolated A board from P board no blinks or power
Isolated C1, C2, C3 from A board 7 blinks
Isolated speakers & sub-woofer from A board 7 blinks

Anyone have any input on these results? I haven't taken a multi-meter to it yet but going by the guide it seems my SS board is at fault? Any experts here who could provide some guidance on what to do next?
personally I would have tried the consumer laws and had a crack at Panasonic to fix this under wty. Since you've cracked it open this is what I'd do. Remove the grounding bolts from the sd/su boards, isolate Sd/Su boards at connections Sd42,sd46,su41.

On the SC board locate the small 2 pin connector SC50, short those 2 pins together. Now turn the TV on, if it 7 blinks still then the SC is faulty and SD/Su boards need checking for shorts.

If it just stays on then the 7 blinks is the sd and or su boards.
2011/12 models had issues with loose screws on the SC & SS boards, not sure if these do but check they're tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic