Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

Old 08-11-2016, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i turned the power button on and I heard a click. It wouldnt turn off when i tried to turn it off just threw the 14 blinks. I just measured the SN2 pins and they both read .6 ohms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
You sure it turned on with a black screen? Could be a locked solid LED from a shorted SN board. You would have to test the resistance across the SN2 pins and see if it is very low or zero ohms.

It didnt turn on. Just sounded like it was going to but i dont get any picture. No no signal or anything and right when i turn it on i hear a relay click and i just replaced the power supply thinking it was that but the same thing happens.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:30 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam1e View Post
i turned the power button on and I heard a click. It wouldnt turn off when i tried to turn it off just threw the 14 blinks. I just measured the SN2 pins and they both read .6 ohms
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam1e View Post
It didnt turn on. Just sounded like it was going to but i dont get any picture. No no signal or anything and right when i turn it on i hear a relay click and i just replaced the power supply thinking it was that but the same thing happens.

sounds like a shorted SN board. When you say both pins are measuring 0.6 ohms I guess you are measuring these to chassis gnd. One of those is gnd so it's between the 2 pins but if they both read the same then the board is shorted out and the symptoms match a shorted SN.

if you disconnect the SN2 lead and try again if it is a shorted SN then the TV will attempt to start and then shutdown with 7 blinks I would expect.

I'll give the same advice and that is http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/TXNSN1PKUU/

Last edited by TW2005; 08-11-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:34 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr6bltprgr View Post
Posting as information. Sequence of events as follows:

1. Set does not turn on, 7 blinking lights. No prior issues.

2. Researched, found this forum most helpful.

3. Send SS, SU, SC and SD boards to PTS Electronics.

4. Installed the repaired, refurbished and bench tested boards.

5. Got 7 blinking lights.

6. Got lots of advice from PTS, they asked for boards back.

7. PTS said boards all good, sent back to me. More advice about making sure cables are correctly installed.

8. Installed boards and was reasonably careful with cables (experienced with electronic repairs)

9. Got 8 blinking lights.

10. Isolated SS board. Set stayed on.

11. Removed and replaced all screws mounting SS board.

12. Works now.
How much did it cost to fix all 4 boards?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBourne View Post
How much did it cost to fix all 4 boards?
Never mind, I found this: http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/TC-P50GT30PanelKIT/
Old 08-16-2016, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBourne View Post
You'd be unlucky for all four to be bad but for peace of mind it's not a bad way to go. Of course if you're skilled with a multimeter then you could probably work it out.

I have struck on a number of occasions now the SS board can short at the same time the SC fails.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Like many of you I recently started having error code issues with my Panasonic Plasma (TC-P50UT50)

It started a month ago with horizontal lines across the TV, then the TV clicking off and giving me 7 blinks. The TV would then work fine for a couple days and flicker and turn off again. While testing it on the 4th day, it flickered, then made a loud popping sound, then I started receiving the 3 blink error code.

I've followed the Panasonic Trouble Shooting Guide and after my tests with a multi-meter I've determined that it must be either the P-Board or the A-Board. After replacing both of these, and the P-Board twice, I still get the 3 blinks. Everything I read says 3 blinks should be the P-Board or the A-Board, yet replacing neither has solved my issue.

It sounds like it was first my SU/SD/SC boards, but then the issue changed with the loud pop. I've read through these pages and cant locate someone fixing a similar issue to mine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Old 08-18-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Joey View Post
Like many of you I recently started having error code issues with my Panasonic Plasma (TC-P50UT50)

It started a month ago with horizontal lines across the TV, then the TV clicking off and giving me 7 blinks. The TV would then work fine for a couple days and flicker and turn off again. While testing it on the 4th day, it flickered, then made a loud popping sound, then I started receiving the 3 blink error code.

I've followed the Panasonic Trouble Shooting Guide and after my tests with a multi-meter I've determined that it must be either the P-Board or the A-Board. After replacing both of these, and the P-Board twice, I still get the 3 blinks. Everything I read says 3 blinks should be the P-Board or the A-Board, yet replacing neither has solved my issue.

It sounds like it was first my SU/SD/SC boards, but then the issue changed with the loud pop. I've read through these pages and cant locate someone fixing a similar issue to mine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
If you heard a loud pop I would be looking at either the SC or SS TNPA5623AB for blown / shorted transistors, the large ones. The SS I'd start first as they are common to fail.

Not sure about the 3 blinks but you can get some funny codes when these boards short.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...8&d=1393180957
Old 08-18-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
If you heard a loud pop I would be looking at either the SC or SS TNPA5623AB for blown / shorted transistors, the large ones. The SS I'd start first as they are common to fail.

Not sure about the 3 blinks but you can get some funny codes when these boards short.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...8&d=1393180957
3 fast blinks order of likelihood. A,P, SS/SC, bluetooth module, panel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1611689   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50_2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1611697   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50_3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	1611705   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50_4.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1611713  
Old Today, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just want to say thanks to all of you and for TW2005 for posting the S60/ST60 trouble shooting guide.

With the guide, I was able to fix a broken 50ST60 (with 7 blinks error code) that I bought off Craigslist last week for $50!

The replacement SC/Y-Sustain board was another $50 shipped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Panasonic