Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 82 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #2431 of 2454 Old 08-11-2016, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
i turned the power button on and I heard a click. It wouldnt turn off when i tried to turn it off just threw the 14 blinks. I just measured the SN2 pins and they both read .6 ohms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2454 Old 08-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
You sure it turned on with a black screen? Could be a locked solid LED from a shorted SN board. You would have to test the resistance across the SN2 pins and see if it is very low or zero ohms.

It didnt turn on. Just sounded like it was going to but i dont get any picture. No no signal or anything and right when i turn it on i hear a relay click and i just replaced the power supply thinking it was that but the same thing happens.
post #2433 of 2454 Old 08-11-2016, 07:30 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam1e View Post
i turned the power button on and I heard a click. It wouldnt turn off when i tried to turn it off just threw the 14 blinks. I just measured the SN2 pins and they both read .6 ohms
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam1e View Post
It didnt turn on. Just sounded like it was going to but i dont get any picture. No no signal or anything and right when i turn it on i hear a relay click and i just replaced the power supply thinking it was that but the same thing happens.

sounds like a shorted SN board. When you say both pins are measuring 0.6 ohms I guess you are measuring these to chassis gnd. One of those is gnd so it's between the 2 pins but if they both read the same then the board is shorted out and the symptoms match a shorted SN.

if you disconnect the SN2 lead and try again if it is a shorted SN then the TV will attempt to start and then shutdown with 7 blinks I would expect.

I'll give the same advice and that is http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/TXNSN1PKUU/

Last edited by TW2005; 08-11-2016 at 07:35 PM.
post #2434 of 2454 Old 08-15-2016, 05:34 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncr6bltprgr View Post
Posting as information. Sequence of events as follows:

1. Set does not turn on, 7 blinking lights. No prior issues.

2. Researched, found this forum most helpful.

3. Send SS, SU, SC and SD boards to PTS Electronics.

4. Installed the repaired, refurbished and bench tested boards.

5. Got 7 blinking lights.

6. Got lots of advice from PTS, they asked for boards back.

7. PTS said boards all good, sent back to me. More advice about making sure cables are correctly installed.

8. Installed boards and was reasonably careful with cables (experienced with electronic repairs)

9. Got 8 blinking lights.

10. Isolated SS board. Set stayed on.

11. Removed and replaced all screws mounting SS board.

12. Works now.
How much did it cost to fix all 4 boards?
post #2435 of 2454 Old 08-15-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBourne View Post
How much did it cost to fix all 4 boards?
Never mind, I found this: http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/TC-P50GT30PanelKIT/
post #2436 of 2454 Old 08-16-2016, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBourne View Post
You'd be unlucky for all four to be bad but for peace of mind it's not a bad way to go. Of course if you're skilled with a multimeter then you could probably work it out.

I have struck on a number of occasions now the SS board can short at the same time the SC fails.
post #2437 of 2454 Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Like many of you I recently started having error code issues with my Panasonic Plasma (TC-P50UT50)

It started a month ago with horizontal lines across the TV, then the TV clicking off and giving me 7 blinks. The TV would then work fine for a couple days and flicker and turn off again. While testing it on the 4th day, it flickered, then made a loud popping sound, then I started receiving the 3 blink error code.

I've followed the Panasonic Trouble Shooting Guide and after my tests with a multi-meter I've determined that it must be either the P-Board or the A-Board. After replacing both of these, and the P-Board twice, I still get the 3 blinks. Everything I read says 3 blinks should be the P-Board or the A-Board, yet replacing neither has solved my issue.

It sounds like it was first my SU/SD/SC boards, but then the issue changed with the loud pop. I've read through these pages and cant locate someone fixing a similar issue to mine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
post #2438 of 2454 Old 08-18-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Joey View Post
Like many of you I recently started having error code issues with my Panasonic Plasma (TC-P50UT50)

It started a month ago with horizontal lines across the TV, then the TV clicking off and giving me 7 blinks. The TV would then work fine for a couple days and flicker and turn off again. While testing it on the 4th day, it flickered, then made a loud popping sound, then I started receiving the 3 blink error code.

I've followed the Panasonic Trouble Shooting Guide and after my tests with a multi-meter I've determined that it must be either the P-Board or the A-Board. After replacing both of these, and the P-Board twice, I still get the 3 blinks. Everything I read says 3 blinks should be the P-Board or the A-Board, yet replacing neither has solved my issue.

It sounds like it was first my SU/SD/SC boards, but then the issue changed with the loud pop. I've read through these pages and cant locate someone fixing a similar issue to mine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
If you heard a loud pop I would be looking at either the SC or SS TNPA5623AB for blown / shorted transistors, the large ones. The SS I'd start first as they are common to fail.

Not sure about the 3 blinks but you can get some funny codes when these boards short.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...8&d=1393180957
post #2439 of 2454 Old 08-18-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW2005 View Post
If you heard a loud pop I would be looking at either the SC or SS TNPA5623AB for blown / shorted transistors, the large ones. The SS I'd start first as they are common to fail.

Not sure about the 3 blinks but you can get some funny codes when these boards short.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...8&d=1393180957
3 fast blinks order of likelihood. A,P, SS/SC, bluetooth module, panel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1611689   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50_2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1611697   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50_3.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	1611705   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blinks ut50_4.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1611713  
post #2440 of 2454 Old 08-23-2016, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just want to say thanks to all of you and for TW2005 for posting the S60/ST60 trouble shooting guide.

With the guide, I was able to fix a broken 50ST60 (with 7 blinks error code) that I bought off Craigslist last week for $50!

The replacement SC/Y-Sustain board was another $50 shipped.
post #2441 of 2454 Old 09-12-2016, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there.

I have a Panasonic TH-42Z77U plasma TV that is throwing the 7 red blinks.

I ran through the trouble shooting diagram and have determined that it's the SC board.

I'm going to test the FET's later to determine if any of them or shorted.

Can someone please suggest where I can purchase these FET's (Panasonic # B1DFKM000002)? I'm located in Canada in the GTA area.

Cheers!
post #2442 of 2454 Old 09-13-2016, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Have you searched this thread for issues/solutions for your particular model? If you don't have the current firmware, you may well experience the problem again.
post #2443 of 2454 Old 09-13-2016, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi All. Stumbled upon this thread when my 4 year old GT30 died and got the 7 blinking lights. I went ahead and sent in the boards to PTS Electronics a week or two ago and have heard nothing back. I was just wondering for those of you who have successfully used PTS, how long it took you to get your boards back from them. I have written them once and there has been no reply.

Thank you so much for everybody's experience and knowledge. I prefer to keep my plasma so fingers crossed that PTS comes through.
post #2444 of 2454 Old 09-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by grliu View Post
Hi All. Stumbled upon this thread when my 4 year old GT30 died and got the 7 blinking lights. I went ahead and sent in the boards to PTS Electronics a week or two ago and have heard nothing back. I was just wondering for those of you who have successfully used PTS, how long it took you to get your boards back from them. I have written them once and there has been no reply.

Thank you so much for everybody's experience and knowledge. I prefer to keep my plasma so fingers crossed that PTS comes through.
I sent my A board to PTS on 8/27 and got it back today. I shipped via USPS and I think they got it on 8/31. So about 2 weeks from their receipt to my getting it back. Second time I've used them and both times they've fixed the board.
post #2445 of 2454 Old 09-14-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheneyp View Post
I sent my A board to PTS on 8/27 and got it back today. I shipped via USPS and I think they got it on 8/31. So about 2 weeks from their receipt to my getting it back. Second time I've used them and both times they've fixed the board.
Okay. That's good. I feel better now. Thanks!
post #2446 of 2454 Old 09-16-2016, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSkeptic View Post
Another update: been about 8 months now since I removed (and did *not* replace) the VERY TINY failed capacitor on the MC201 sub-board of my Panasonic Plasma (see earlier thread posts for more details). TV has been used heavily, sometimes staying on for hours on end into the night and early morning, so this is being tested for sure.

Starting to think this capacitor is not necessary - maybe the hardware equivalent of dead software logic ...
Hi. Any further update?. I am thinking about doing the exact same thing to my 46pz80u . I am not good at soldering ...so I may just take the capicitor out and not attempt to put in a new capicitor. I did read on another forum that someone did not use a soldering gun to remove the capacitor...he said he used a pair of tweezers to rip it off...and he didnt put in a new one and says his tv works fine without it. So I guess its safe to not put in a new capacitor?
post #2447 of 2454 Old 09-16-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSkeptic View Post
Another update: been about 8 months now since I removed (and did *not* replace) the VERY TINY failed capacitor on the MC201 sub-board of my Panasonic Plasma (see earlier thread posts for more details). TV has been used heavily, sometimes staying on for hours on end into the night and early morning, so this is being tested for sure.

Starting to think this capacitor is not necessary - maybe the hardware equivalent of dead software logic ...
Hi. Any further update?. I am thinking about doing the exact same thing to my 46pz80u . I am not good at soldering ...so I may just take the capacitor out and not attempt to put in a new capacitor. I did read on another forum that someone did not use a soldering gun to remove the capacitor...he said he used a pair of tweezers to rip it off...and he didnt put in a new one and says his tv works fine without it. So I guess its safe to not put in a new capacitor?
post #2448 of 2454 Old 09-16-2016, 01:43 PM

Sorry for double post.I was trying to edit spelling but I screwed up somewhere haha.
post #2449 of 2454 Old 09-19-2016, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Panasonic TH-37PX60U Question

Hello all,

I have acquired a Panasonic TH-37PX60U that was "working when they put it on the curb" but it rained the night before I was able to get it. I have attached a picture of the screen I receive upon powering up the TV.

I purchased a new D-board thinking it was a quick fix, but upon installing the new D-board i get no picture at all upon powering up the TV. Instead, i get three red blinks on the front LED.

3 blinks is an indicator of "3.3vSOS, check point: d-board" which is why I got the new D-board in the first place.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	14273449_724873781580_157802653_o.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	538.6 KB
ID:	1670881  
post #2450 of 2454 Old 09-21-2016, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Hi. Any further update?. I am thinking about doing the exact same thing to my 46pz80u . I am not good at soldering ...so I may just take the capacitor out and not attempt to put in a new capacitor. I did read on another forum that someone did not use a soldering gun to remove the capacitor...he said he used a pair of tweezers to rip it off...and he didnt put in a new one and says his tv works fine without it. So I guess its safe to not put in a new capacitor?
John,

Sorry, I hadn't logged in to this forum in a while. Thought about posting for the 2-year anniversary, couldn't do it, had to reset my password, then saw an email from your post!

The TV is still running OK without the capacitor. Next month (October) will be TWO YEARS!

I think I explained it earlier in the thread, but one more time here: I took the back off the set, turned the TV on its short side on the floor and leaned it up against the wall. This way the tiny board was sitting horizontally (or parallel to the floor). Then I just heated the tiny capacitor with the low-powered soldering iron point while simultaneously applying pressure with a pick (small hand tool with a tiny hook at the end ... think I got it at Harbor Freight for a $1?). As soon as the capacitor heated up enough, with the pressure applied to the back end of the capacitor by the pick, the cap popped right off the board. In fact, I lost it in the carpet!

Last edited by MajorSkeptic; 09-21-2016 at 10:53 AM.
post #2451 of 2454 Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM

So I got all three panels back from PTSElectronics and the problem seems to have been fixed for the most part. However, is there a trick to determine which ribbon is causing the horizontal bands across the screen? It looks like all the ribbons are connected properly (the bottom two gave me the most difficulty but pretty sure they are in correctly). Do the bands more or less correspond to the ribbon adjacent to them? While I am happy there is now life back in the TV, the ribbons are slowly killing me. Thanks.
post #2452 of 2454 Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Quote:
So I got all three panels back from PTSElectronics and the problem seems to have been fixed for the most part. However, is there a trick to determine which ribbon is causing the horizontal bands across the screen? It looks like all the ribbons are connected properly (the bottom two gave me the most difficulty but pretty sure they are in correctly). Do the bands more or less correspond to the ribbon adjacent to them? While I am happy there is now life back in the TV, the ribbons are slowly killing me. Thanks.
Yes the black lines or bands will correspond to the offending ribbon and make sure the TV is off when adjusting them. Focus on inserting these dead straight, I use both hands and pinch either side. they go in and sometime you can feel a wedge then a whisker more they insert.

If the latch feels hard or harder than normal to pull down that's the first warning it's not quite right.

Even just getting in a comfortable position to do it helps. If you're comfortable carefully laying the TV down flat on a dining table with a towel laid out, you could position the TV so you can work in the horizontal.

I find it hard to work with these if the TV is low.

You will get it with patience

Last edited by TW2005; Yesterday at 05:08 PM.
post #2453 of 2454 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Thanks! I just can't get the last bottom two ribbons to cooperate. The channel/volume buttons are not allowing me to manipulate the ribbons enough to get a good catch on the latch. Patience. Patience.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0032_1474764171927.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1682689  
post #2454 of 2454 Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I just can't get the last bottom two ribbons to cooperate. The channel/volume buttons are not allowing me to manipulate the ribbons enough to get a good catch on the latch. Patience. Patience.
yeah, it's a GT being thinner I'd struggle too. I thought of taking mine out with a 7 blink but realised getting these back in would be hard.

In hindsight testing them for shorts insitu rather than pulling those out. majority of failures are just the SC.

I would remove the buttons then. I think it's a hook arrangement where they slide and lock in. Just can't remember if it's up and out or sideways.

It connects to the C board too.

If that bracket it clips into is removeable, take that out too. It looks impossible how it is at the moment and you don't want to tear those ribbons either .

EDIT: Once the button assembly is out that bracket has a single screw removing that should give you the same room as the other ribbons. I'm fairly sure slide up then slide sideways the tangs

Last edited by TW2005; Yesterday at 11:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page