Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - Page 84 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
post #2491 of 2493 Unread 11-25-2016, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 16
New P board ($50 on eBay) fixed it! Thanks to everyone who's posted troubleshooting tips on this forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2493 Unread 12-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I've read through a large chunk of posts in this thread but I don't think the symptoms I have match the majority of issues.. let's see if anyone has an idea of where I should go.

Model: TC-42GT25, purchased in 2010

Symptoms:
- No display nor sound from any input source. The panel seems to receive power as there is a dull black/gray hue to the screen (noticeably different from when the panel is off completely)
- Red LED is solid
- No changes after panel is left on for a long time (stays on, no LED changes, etc)
- Remote commands not displayed (I believe they are being received, meaning if I can get the panel to come on completely, i've noticed the input changed based on what i was pressing on the remote)
- Issue is intermittent - if I play with the remote enough, I can get a normal display and use the panel indefinitely, unless I turn it off
- Green LEDs on the side boards (SC boards?) are solid
- No noticeable damage to any circuit boards (burn marks, etc..)

Given that this is intermittent, I don't want to replace any hardware in hopes it will resolve the issue. I am not opposed to doing that in general, but I also don't mind taking it to a service center. I do have a cheap multimeter, but I am no electronics guru and don't really know how to use it properly. It was a gift.

Anyhow - I'm really looking to see if this is something I can resolve on my own or if it should be addressed by a certified technician. My gut says this needs some in-depth troubleshooting, but perhaps someone else has had this issue and can let me know what they had to do.

Thanks!
post #2493 of 2493 Unread Today, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Tc-p46c2

Hello,

I have an Panasonic TC-P46C2 (May 2010) and it’s doesn’t turn on anymore.

I can hear click when trying to turn it on but screen still black and red light start to blinking after click every 2-3 seconds non-stop…

Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic