Samsung PN50A550 / PN58A550 Owners Thread - Page 191 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #5701 of 5707 Old 12-19-2015, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No, I have never used them, but just ordered a power supply board from Coppelltvrepair.com , for my p58a550, perhaps they may have what you are looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 5707 Old 01-02-2016, 04:39 AM
pbc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 178
So my 58" has just begun exhibiting a buzzing noise from the back of the set. If I tap the set with my knuckles it sometimes stops it then starts up again. Is this a symptom of a failing set at all?

Was planning on buying a new 4K set but decided I would wait a while to see if more sets came out with FALD and HDR and/or if OLED sets made by more manufacturers than LG started to drive the price down. ..of course buying with a dollar that is 40% weaker now won't help!

Just wondering if the buzzing is a common symptom implyingninshouldnbe looking sooner rather than later. Tx

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #5703 of 5707 Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgweinga View Post
No, I have never used them, but just ordered a power supply board from Coppelltvrepair.com , for my p58a550, perhaps they may have what you are looking for?
Thanks for the link. They offer a repair service for the main board. I sent it off to get fixed. I will let everyone know what happens since this seems to be a problem alot of people are having with this TV.
post #5704 of 5707 Old 01-20-2016, 10:25 AM

If anyone else has had the same problem with their Samsung Plasma here's how I fixed it.

My Plasma had been doing the power on and off sequence with the loud screeching for the past few months. I finally decided to send my main board off to get repaired at Coppel TV Repair in Dallas, TX. I send in a request on their site and got an email with shipping instructions. I sent the board off and few days later received a paypal invoice for the completed repair. A few days later my board was shipped back to me good as new and with a one year warranty. Highly recommend these guys. Very easy to work with and fast and inexpensive service. So glad I was able to fix this issue because I love this TV and it still has an amazing picture.
Prmntgen likes this.
post #5705 of 5707 Old 03-18-2016, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My cousin just gave me a PN50A550 because it wasn't working properly. I figured I would take it off his hands and try to figure out if it's able to be fixed.
After reading through the vast majority of this thread, I got the feeling that the mainboard is the culprit, due to the symptoms it's exhibiting.
After plugging the TV in, it would cycle power over and over. After about five minutes of this, it would make a horribly loud screeching sound each time it cycled the power. After about fifteen minutes of this, the TV would start up properly. In the left corner, it would show the current input it was set to and stay like that indefinitely.
At this point, I tried plugging my Chromecast into the HDMI port (I tried all three ports) and this would make the TV go right back into cycling power. After fifteen minutes or so of this, it would stop cycling power, but with the Chromecast plugged in, the screen would just get bright green and fuzzy.
So! Considering the symptoms, I concluded that the main board is the problem. HOWEVER, once I pulled the back plate off to look at the innards, I saw an obviously blown capacitor on the Y-Main board. Could this be the cause of the problems, or would that be something else entirely? I'm trying to figure out what parts I need to order to try and fix this thing, but I'm on a bit of a budget, so I don't want to spend more than I absolutely have to.

tl;dr - Symptoms say main board, but there's a blown capacitor on the Y-main. Which do I need to order/replace? Both?
post #5706 of 5707 Old 03-18-2016, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Replace the obvious bad part, see what you get. You can replace the bad cap with one of the same value but higher voltage rating if that is what you find, higher OK, lower never.
post #5707 of 5707 Old 04-19-2016, 09:25 AM

Something weird happened to Samsung 50" Plasma this morning. Turned on TV and after about 10 minutes I started to smell like something was burning. Like a plastic burning smell. A little while later my TV turned it self off and the red light on the front began to go on and off. It sounded like the TV was trying to turn back on. After about 20-30 seconds of it doing this is turned back on and everything seemed fine. Picture and sound both came back on. I immediately unplugged it after that. Any idea what this was? Happen to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays