Converting an LCD guy to Plasma - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dubz4lif3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok my buddy is an LCD guy but wants to buy a Plasma and he asked me to explain why Plasma is better, also i used this same explanation on my sons PS3 forum. are my stats correct? btw i got alot of Info here so credit to AVS


Plasma is better than LCD.

now i'm guessing you want an explanation right? well here it is:
Black Levels

"Black levels, its Because when it comes to TV, black is everything. Black is the canvas. Black is the foundation. Black gives each color greater definition, additional shades, more depth and the sharpest details. In red. In green. In blue, and everywhere in between. A truly black black breathes life into color and forever changes the way you think about TV." - Pioneer

LCDs can't match Plasma black levels therefore the PQ won't be as good although the top LCDs have come close the "Bugdet" Plasmas like the PX80U for example still outperform a XBR.

Pioneer Plasmas produce the deepest black levels therefore one of the greatest pictures! They are called Kuro for a reason.

Kuro, Adj. Black: Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness: Origin: Japanese.

Motion

"This distracting lag time in response in LCD televisions and displays has been called among other names: motion lag, trailer effect, fast motion blur, smearing. It is prevalent in LCD flat panels. The reason this smearing effect is important to you as a consumer is that a high response time (slow conversion) can completely ruin an otherwise good looking picture, no matter what the contrast and luminance of the television."
Plasmas have a Response time almost equal to a CRT

Heres a comparison between LCD and a CRT (remember Plasma is just like the CRT)





even these "120hz" LCDs have Blur and they introduce artifacts such as TBE. heres an example:





Getting back to black levels! another reason it is important is because most people watch movies at night or in the dark and LCDs don't do too well here.




Price

Plasmas are not only better but cheaper too.

Heres a Price comparison between a Entry level Plasma (Panasonic 42PX80U) against the Sony KDL-40XBR4/5 which is a High-End LCD and doesn't beat the Panasonic in PQ by much.

42PX80U- $1199.00 MSRP online- $800-900.

KDL-40XBR4/5- $ 2499-2799 Online- maybe $100-200 less.

Heres a Pic of the PX80U







This is Only a 720p model and btw most of the best Kuros are 720p also.

this just goes to show that resolution is the least important.

Good Picture Quality Attributes
1. High Quality Source (Most Important)
2. Contrast Ratio
3. Color Saturation
4. Color Accuracy
5. Resolution (Least Important)




Plasma Myths

Most people will tell you not to buy a plasma because of Burn-in and etc..

Yes Plasmas can burn-in but its extremley hard nowadays and you have to be really dumb. Image retention is not Burn-in and most mix them up, IR goes away and is a small price to pay for the Awesome PQ your getting and i would rather have that than uneven backlights and clouding.

"I plan to play many, many hours of NBA Live 2006, Stubbs the Zombie and Fifa Street on my plasma, and I have no fear of the score or anything else becoming permanently etched into my screen. Unless you own an airport or a multiplex, you shouldn't either" - David Katzmaier from CNET

"The potential for burn-in is greatest during the first 100 or so hours of use, during which time you should keep contrast low (less than 50 percent) and avoid showing static images or letterbox bars on the screen for hours at a time. After this initial phase, plasma should be as durable as any television technology. Many models also have burn-in-reduction features, such as screensavers and pixel orbiting, or settings to treat burn-in once it occurs, such as causing the screen to go all white." - CNET

forget it LCD fanboys Burn-in ain't a issue.


Clouding and uneven Backlight

(Doesnt affect Plasma) Here is one of LCDs major Flaw. No LCD is completely uniform.




Now if your going to say LCD is better than give me a Reason and dont use Burn-in

*Info acquired from articles and AVSFORUM.COM as well as the IMAGES. *

Thanks to:

creemail
Dubz4lif3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Member
 
vanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i agree with you 100%. a buddy of mine bought a cheap off brand lcd from target for $950, and while he's totally (all that really matters i guess...) happy with it, i find myself silently kicking him everytime we talk about it. i think it has a 2000:1 contrast ratio... i mean for the same amount (and as you've mentioned) he could've gotten a 42PX80U that even does 2:3 24p playback
vanni is offline  
post #3 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
creemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubz4lif3 View Post

this just goes to show that resolution is the least important.

Good Picture Quality Attributes
1. High Quality Source (Most Important)
2. Contrast Ratio
3. Color Saturation
4. Color Accuracy
5. Resolution (Least Important)

Hey fully agree with this post. Nicely executed and well thought out. Certainly you have the thought process of changing your friends mindset from LCD to plasma.

Also I just changed my signature 2 days ago. Thanks for reminding me. One person on the forum complained about the signature, but I guess it paid off to remember it...

Chris
creemail is offline  
post #4 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
 
germanplumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Every TV does 2:3 pulldown unless otherwise specified so that isn't a feature but a flaw. The Pio Kuros and Panasonic 800us are the only plasmas they do even pulldown. 72 hz for Kuros and 48 hz for 800u's.

And yes plasma owns all. Unless you have a glass house, there isn't really any negative to getting a plasma.
germanplumber is offline  
post #5 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dubz4lif3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

Hey fully agree with this post. Nicely executed and well thought out. Certainly you have the thought process of changing your friends mindset from LCD to plasma.

Also I just changed my signature 2 days ago. Thanks for reminding me. One person on the forum complained about the signature, but I guess it paid off to remember it...

Chris

Yup lol i love that little summary. Your the one that had it in your Sig right?
Dubz4lif3 is offline  
post #6 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Member
 
vanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanplumber View Post

Every TV does 2:3 pulldown unless otherwise specified so that isn't a feature but a flaw. The Pio Kuros and Panasonic 800us are the only plasmas they do even pulldown. 72 hz for Kuros and 48 hz for 800u's.

yeah i dunno, thats just what they've (panasonic) said about the 42PX80U's 24p playback... or at least from what i've read. panasonic has also said that the 480hz for 24p is /4 so its really just their way of doing 120hz.

edit: here's what i was able to find;480 Hz Sub-field Drive
480 Hz refers to the subfield drive. 8 subfields per frame x 60 frames per second = 480 subfields per second = 480hz (A subfield drive system detects a PAL source and increases the number of subfields in a frame in order to reduce flicker.)
vanni is offline  
post #7 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
creemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubz4lif3 View Post

Yup lol i love that little summary. Your the one that had it in your Sig right?

Yep. Thats me. Thanks for posting this for me. Much love and appreciation!

Chris
creemail is offline  
post #8 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dubz4lif3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
*Update*

If you see any info that you provided please tell me so i can credit you! i didnt make this myself! i just gather good info and put it in one Post to help out Plasma No0bz lol
Dubz4lif3 is offline  
post #9 of 145 Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
creemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubz4lif3 View Post

*Update*

If you see any info that you provided please tell me so i can credit you! i didnt make this myself! i just gather good info and put it in one Post to help out Plasma No0bz lol

Dubz4lif3 no problem. I am glad that you posted this info. I don't need credit for anything. I just enjoy reading your posts. Great info right here! Great job!

Chris
creemail is offline  
post #10 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dubz4lif3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks man
Dubz4lif3 is offline  
post #11 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
s2mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Great info. I have tried to get friends and relatives to adopt plasma but it usually doesnt work out. The main reason though is that !@#$ing burn-in nonsense. Thats what keeps them away. Freegin killing me.

I get sick when I go to their places and watch their torched LCDs. Then, I get even sicker when I realize what they paid for some of these things. A friend just recently got roped into an almost $3000 46" Samsung LCD. $3000 fregging dollars for a 46" Samsludge LCD. A human atrocity......

He could have had a 50" Panny plasma or even a mighty 5080 Kuro like I have and he could have POCKETED close to $1000 dollars. Un-freegin-believable.

Oh well, not my problem.
s2mikey is offline  
post #12 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 07:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,046
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 540
^^^^ It is amazing is it not. LCD is hyped so much that people buy into it. Goes to show everyone that sometimes in life more expensive things are just not worth the price. (Just because it costs more doe not make it better.)
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #13 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
DReilly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanplumber View Post

Every TV does 2:3 pulldown unless otherwise specified so that isn't a feature but a flaw. The Pio Kuros and Panasonic 800us are the only plasmas they do even pulldown. 72 hz for Kuros and 48 hz for 800u's.

And yes plasma owns all. Unless you have a glass house, there isn't really any negative to getting a plasma.

The 7th Gen "Non Kuro" Pioneers do this as well. I am certain my 5070 does.

Doug
DReilly1 is offline  
post #14 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Buckeye911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,085
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Excellent post Dubz4lif3. You could add off-axis viewing PQ to your argument as well.

The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.
Buckeye911 is offline  
post #15 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daniel'son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gulf Coast U.S.A
Posts: 2,211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye911 View Post

Excellent post Dubz4lif3. You could add off-axis viewing PQ to your argument as well.

.. also, i believe screen 'reflections' was a past concern.

might x-thread this OP's informative post w/ the BBuy/CCity sales tactics thread & forward to their corp. ofc's.
daniel'son is offline  
post #16 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dubz4lif3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok i'll update it with info on Viewing angles and etc..
Dubz4lif3 is offline  
post #17 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cybertec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Staten Island,N.Y
Posts: 1,306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubz4lif3 View Post

Ok my buddy is an LCD guy but wants to buy a Plasma and he asked me to explain why Plasma is better, also i used this same explanation on my sons PS3 forum. are my stats correct? btw i got alot of Info here so credit to AVS


Plasma is better than LCD.

now i'm guessing you want an explanation right? well here it is:
Black Levels

"Black levels, its Because when it comes to TV, black is everything. Black is the canvas. Black is the foundation. Black gives each color greater definition, additional shades, more depth and the sharpest details. In red. In green. In blue, and everywhere in between. A truly black black breathes life into color and forever changes the way you think about TV." - Pioneer

LCDs can't match Plasma black levels therefore the PQ won't be as good although the top LCDs have come close the "Bugdet" Plasmas like the PX80U for example still outperform a XBR.

Pioneer Plasmas produce the deepest black levels therefore one of the greatest pictures! They are called Kuro for a reason.

Kuro, Adj. Black: Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness: Origin: Japanese.

Motion

"This distracting lag time in response in LCD televisions and displays has been called among other names: motion lag, trailer effect, fast motion blur, smearing. It is prevalent in LCD flat panels. The reason this smearing effect is important to you as a consumer is that a high response time (slow conversion) can completely ruin an otherwise good looking picture, no matter what the contrast and luminance of the television."
Plasmas have a Response time almost equal to a CRT

Heres a comparison between LCD and a CRT (remember Plasma is just like the CRT)





even these "120hz" LCDs have Blur and they introduce artifacts such as TBE. heres an example:





Getting back to black levels! another reason it is important is because most people watch movies at night or in the dark and LCDs don't do too well here.




Price

Plasmas are not only better but cheaper too.

Heres a Price comparison between a Entry level Plasma (Panasonic 42PX80U) against the Sony KDL-40XBR4/5 which is a High-End LCD and doesn't beat the Panasonic in PQ by much.

42PX80U- $1199.00 MSRP online- $800-900.

KDL-40XBR4/5- $ 2499-2799 Online- maybe $100-200 less.

Heres a Pic of the PX80U







This is Only a 720p model and btw most of the best Kuros are 720p also.

this just goes to show that resolution is the least important.

Good Picture Quality Attributes
1. High Quality Source (Most Important)
2. Contrast Ratio
3. Color Saturation
4. Color Accuracy
5. Resolution (Least Important)




Plasma Myths

Most people will tell you not to buy a plasma because of Burn-in and etc..

Yes Plasmas can burn-in but its extremley hard nowadays and you have to be really dumb. Image retention is not Burn-in and most mix them up, IR goes away and is a small price to pay for the Awesome PQ your getting and i would rather have that than uneven backlights and clouding.

"I plan to play many, many hours of NBA Live 2006, Stubbs the Zombie and Fifa Street on my plasma, and I have no fear of the score or anything else becoming permanently etched into my screen. Unless you own an airport or a multiplex, you shouldn't either" - David Katzmaier from CNET

"The potential for burn-in is greatest during the first 100 or so hours of use, during which time you should keep contrast low (less than 50 percent) and avoid showing static images or letterbox bars on the screen for hours at a time. After this initial phase, plasma should be as durable as any television technology. Many models also have burn-in-reduction features, such as screensavers and pixel orbiting, or settings to treat burn-in once it occurs, such as causing the screen to go all white." - CNET

forget it LCD fanboys Burn-in ain't a issue.


Clouding and uneven Backlight

(Doesnt affect Plasma) Here is one of LCDs major Flaw. No LCD is completely uniform.




Now if your going to say LCD is better than give me a Reason and dont use Burn-in

*Info acquired from articles and AVSFORUM.COM as well as the IMAGES. *

Thanks to:

creemail

that is my PRO-110FD with the flowers shot, on my PS3 Blu-Ray from Planet Earth and it's 1080p.
cybertec is online now  
post #18 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chrisherbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The newer high quality LCDs have black levels that are very competitive with plasmas. They may not be Kuro beaters, but they are Panasonic beaters.
chrisherbert is offline  
post #19 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Member
 
lcsherwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisherbert View Post

The newer high quality LCDs have black levels that are very competitive with plasmas. They may not be Kuro beaters, but they are Panasonic beaters.

Perhaps, although I haven't seen any evidence as such. I have yet to read a professional review which backs up your statement. I stood in a Best Buy and stared at the LN52A650 and the Panasonic 50PZ85U (right accross from each other). The LCD image looked fake. It was overblown, too colorful. I'm sure that calibration would improve it. The plasma image was breath taking. The only hesitation I have had was a result of burn-in worries. I'm pretty much over them.

For the sake of argument, let's say you are correct. The Samsung LN52A650 goes for around 2400. The Toshiba 52xf550 is about the same, maybe a little more. Sony has big problems with motion, from what I understand. You can get the Panasonic 50PZ85U for around 1800. So, for nearly as good or maybe a little better you are paying a 600 dollar premium. And that's assuming your opinion is correct.
lcsherwin is offline  
post #20 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Dubz4lif3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
o0ps True thats a 1080p Model but you get my point
Dubz4lif3 is offline  
post #21 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chrisherbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsherwin View Post

Perhaps, although I haven't seen any evidence as such. I have yet to read a professional review which backs up your statement. I stood in a Best Buy and stared at the LN52A650 and the Panasonic 50PZ85U (right accross from each other). The LCD image looked fake. It was overblown, too colorful. I'm sure that calibration would improve it. The plasma image was breath taking. The only hesitation I have had was a result of burn-in worries. I'm pretty much over them.

For the sake of argument, let's say you are correct. The Samsung LN52A650 goes for around 2400. The Toshiba 52xf550 is about the same, maybe a little more. Sony has big problems with motion, from what I understand. You can get the Panasonic 50PZ85U for around 1800. So, for nearly as good or maybe a little better you are paying a 600 dollar premium. And that's assuming your opinion is correct.

I know that the Samsung 71 series had a lower black level than the Panasonic 700u series (according to pro reviews which used measuring tools). I don't know about the '08 models, but I have heard that the Samsung LCDs again have lower black levels than the '08 Panasonic plasmas (if perhaps still not the Kuros).

The big LCD drawbacks to me are screen uniformity issues, motion blur (interpolation is not a solution), and serious problems when viewing from anywhere other than right in front of the screen.
chrisherbert is offline  
post #22 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
BWDinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The reason new lcd's "appear" to have dark blacks is bc they started putting a black tint on the screen. I still prefer a technology that doesnt need so much help to look good.
BWDinc is offline  
post #23 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chrisherbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,863
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWDinc View Post

The reason new lcd's "appear" to have dark blacks is bc they started putting a black tint on the screen. I still prefer a technology that doesnt need so much help to look good.

Kuros also use special coating to achieve their black levels. That's why, unlike almost all other plasmas, they don't have a virtually unlimited viewing angle.
chrisherbert is offline  
post #24 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Tayja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
have any of these comparisons been completed against a Samsung LN52A650?
Tayja is offline  
post #25 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
germanplumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DReilly1 View Post

The 7th Gen "Non Kuro" Pioneers do this as well. I am certain my 5070 does.

Doug

hmm... I wasn't aware 7th gen Pioneer Plasmas did that. thanks for the info. Ok, 7th gen and 8th gen Pioneer Plasmas do 72hz for 3:3 pulldown and Panasonic 800u plasmas do 48hz for 2:2 pulldown for 24fps content.
germanplumber is offline  
post #26 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lipcrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: KPAX
Posts: 4,465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

^^^^ It is amazing is it not. LCD is hyped so much that people buy into it. Goes to show everyone that sometimes in life more expensive things are just not worth the price. (Just because it costs more doe not make it better.)

Well, since you also sell LCD's i'll be sure to pass it on in the LCD forum not to buy an LCD from Cleveland Plasma. If you can't stand by a product you sell then i will suggest to future LCD owners to purchase their set from a reputable dealer instead.
lipcrkr is offline  
post #27 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Well I went from a 50PZ85U to a 52A650. Right now I'd have to say the 52A650 is the better set overall. The only strenght the 50PZ85U had is a slightly more uniform black and viewing angles. I think there are good sets on both sides.

55HX950 l SC-1522-K l SP-PK51FS l RW12-D l XBox 360 Slim l PS3 60GB l RNG200 l P31 LIVE:BPMURR PSN:BPMURR

bpmurr is offline  
post #28 of 145 Old 05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
terminatorbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greer, SC
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

Well, since you also sell LCD's i'll be sure to pass it on in the LCD forum not to buy an LCD from Cleveland Plasma. If you can't stand by a product you sell then i will suggest to future LCD owners to purchase their set from a reputable dealer instead.



I think saying he prefers plasma and standing by his product are two completely different things.

Panasonic TH-42PH9UK
terminatorbob is offline  
post #29 of 145 Old 05-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
andrewfee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubz4lif3 View Post


You forgot to do a Plasma image!

andrewfee is offline  
post #30 of 145 Old 05-06-2008, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lipcrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: KPAX
Posts: 4,465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob View Post



I think saying he prefers plasma and standing by his product are two completely different things.

If he only sold plasma then he can say whatever he wants about LCD, but to be the president of a company that sells LCD's and to make a statement mocking people who made a choice to buy an LCD, well, that's why i'm calling him out. I know he prefers plasma, otherwise the company name would be Cleveland LCD , but telling people who spent big money at his site buying an LCD that they bought into the hype is offensive.
lipcrkr is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off