Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Nk1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me understand this correctly.

If you have just purchased a Plasma unit from another vendor lets just say Vendor X but the warranty plan they offer costs more.

Can I purchase just a CPS warranty from a place live MountAVsion and apply that to my Plasma I purchased from Vendor X? What is the time limitation again in this particular scenario?

Thanks you guys rock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgr215 View Post

Chris, just bought the 3yr CPS warranty from your site. Considering its past 5PM I don't expect an email from CPS until tomorrow. (Maybe not even until Monday?) Anyhow thanks for answering all my questions via PM!

No problem. You should receive the warranty Monday morning. Be sure to check your spam box as well. Thanks buddy!

Chris
post #93 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nk1 View Post

If you have just purchased a Plasma unit from another vendor lets just say Vendor X but the warranty plan they offer costs more.

Can I purchase just a CPS warranty from a place live MountAVsion and apply that to my Plasma I purchased from Vendor X? What is the time limitation again in this particular scenario?

Thanks you guys rock!

Yep! As long as its brand new and within 30 days. CPS has been flexible and I have seen them make exceptions past 30 days. Although its case by case.

Chris
post #94 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:20 PM

Nk1,

You've got it exactly right. For example, I purchased my TV from Amazon. Within 30 days I can then purchase an extended warranty from CPS/Mack from any vendor, even if I didn't purchase the TV from them. Just remember to buy it within thirty days of you're original purchase. (Apparently CPS makes exceptions but why go through that hassle if you don't have to.)

EDIT: Chris, you beat me to it LOL. You're a customer service machine! Thanks again.
post #95 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgr215 View Post

Nk1,

You've got it exactly right. For example, I purchased my TV from Amazon. Within 30 days I can then purchase an extended warranty from CPS/Mack from any vendor, even if I didn't purchase the TV from them. Just remember to buy it within thirty days of you're original purchase. (Apparently CPS makes exceptions but why go through that hassle if you don't have to.)

EDIT: Chris, you beat me to it LOL. You're a customer service machine! Thanks again.

You are correct. However, its not an issue with CPS. Trust me. We have a great relationship! No problem. Thanks buddy!

Chris
post #96 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Extended warranty companies always make exceptions, we always back it in writing from our reps. RepairTech will allow us to add warranties on refebished products that only come with a 30 day warranty from the start.

Quote:

Thanks you guys rock!

You bet......
post #97 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Nk1

Thanks guys for the info on purchasing the extended warranty from a different vendor. Also thanks for letting me know I have 30 days from purchase of TV to get the warranty.
Much appreciated!
post #98 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks guys for the info on purchasing the extended warranty from a different vendor. Also thanks for letting me know I have 30 days from purchase of TV to get the warranty.
Much appreciated!

No problem.

Chris
post #99 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 05:02 PM

Hi,
If I purchase an ew for my new TV, lets say two months from now, if the tv is defective and the manufacturer decide to replace it with a new TV. Will the ew be applied to the replaced tv or I need to buy another ew for my new tv?
Thanks, hdp.
post #100 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdp203 View Post

Hi,
If I purchase an ew for my new TV, lets say two months from now, if the tv is defective and the manufacturer decide to replace it with a new TV. Will the ew be applied to the replaced tv or I need to buy another ew for my new tv?
Thanks, hdp.

The EW is applied after the manufacturer's warranty. So the 1 year parts and labor warranty would be utilized within your situation. Any defects past the manufacturer's warranty, the EW company begins...

Chris
post #101 of 884 Old 06-27-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail View Post

The EW is applied after the manufacturer's warranty. So the 1 year parts and labor warranty would be utilized within your situation. Any defects past the manufacturer's warranty, the EW company begins...

Chris

Thanks for your quick reply.
My question is whether the ew still good after the tv is replaced?
post #102 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #103 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 11:42 AM

I just bought a plasma and am deciding about which way to go on an EW so I got a couple Q's to just clarify what I've read thus far:

1.Are Mack warranty's renewable?
2.What exactly is the process if a repair needs to be made? (from both Mack & CPS)
3.Are there any out of pocket costs that would be reimbursed after the repair?
4.Are the risks of a power surge that big of a deal? Especially if using a surge protector/power conditioner?

Thought I'd look into 3rd party EW's before purchasing the BB PSP. Nice thing about BB is they do an annual service call/diagnostic on the set for preventative maintenance but its twice the price.

Thanks!

Aus1
post #104 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 02:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^^
1.) No Mack warranties are not renewable.
2.) Call either company and they will handle your case step by step.
3.) No out of pocket costs.
4.) Might as well at least buy a cheap surge unit and be on the safe side.

Save your cash and but an EW off the net
post #105 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Tony,
That is correct. CPS covers surge protection. Your display has to be plugged into a surge protector. On the other hand, Mack will not cover your display in the event, if the cause was a power outage, even if your display is plugged into a surge protector.

CPS FAQ:
Who is Consumer Priority Service?
Consumer Priority Service was founded on the belief that consumers deserve better service. Putting the satisfaction of the consumer at the forefront of our corporate policy has driven our company to be among the very best at post sale service both on and offline. Our lineup of consumer protection products can be found at America's largest retailers as well as America's best boutique shops. Although some of our Authorized Dealers compete with each other they all share one common belief - Consumers Deserve A Better Service Provider. That is why your retailer has selected Consumer Priority service, a place where you, our mutual customer, is Always Our Priority.

Why Do I need This?
Consumer Priority Service Extended Protection plans provides you with easy protection from potentially high future repair costs. Planning ahead and taking action now can save you the stress of dealing with unqualified servicer's should your product become defective. Saving time and money is in everybody's best interests. We are here for you.

What is Covered?
CPS Protection Plans are extensions of your manufacturers' written warranty a few added bonus features. Any malfunctions that would normally be covered within the terms and conditions of the original written warranty would be covered through the life of the Consumer Priority Service Extension. Our Shield Means You're Protected.

Benefits of owning a Consumer Priority Service Plan

Zero Deductible
All CPS plans are zero deductible. This means that ALL costs associated with Parts and Labor to repair your defective product are covered. Owning a CPS service plan means you're FULLY COVERED.

Total Access
With CPS you can file a claim for repair or replacement 24 hours a day 7 days a week through our consumer network at www.cpscentral.com

In-Home Service
In-Home parts and labor protection plans provide service for your products at your home or your workplace. Contact us Toll Free at 1-800-905-0443 so that we may arrange for a convenient service time for you.

Express On-Site Upgrade
With our Express On-Site Upgrade plan you can now upgrade any of our service plans to include door-to-door service. We'll pickup your defective product from your home or workplace, repair or replace it, and return it to you.

Product Replacement Plan
Any product that plugs in or takes a battery qualifies for this program. If your product fails to operate properly under the terms of its written warranty, we will replace it, No Questions Asked!

Nationwide Service
Consumer Priority Service provides complete coverage across all 48 contiguous states.

No Lemon Guarantee
If our authorized service center determines your product to be beyond economical repair or they have unsuccessfully attempted to repair your product three times, we will replace your product.

Peace of Mind
Owning a CPS service plan virtually guarantees that you will get years of use from your product through the duration of the plan.

Mack FAQ:
Summary of coverage

# Manufacturer covers first year
# Must Have Manufacturer's Warranty of 90+ Days
# Separate Bulb Contract Available
# Service Contract Covers Manufacturer's Defects Only on Registered Equipment
# Service Contract Valid Only Within The Contintental U.S.A.
# Service Contract Will Cover Only Manufacturer Defects on LCD Screens

The TV product registered below is guaranteed to operate properly according to manufacturer's specifications for a period of 3 additional years from the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty or we shall repair same to operate properly. This service contract must be purchased within thirty (30) days of the date the equipment hereunder is purchased. You must register this warranty within thirty (30) days with Mack Camera by visiting us at our website www.mackcam.com or by calling us toll free at 1-800-252-MACK (6225) or 973-467-2291.

The equipment will be restored to proper operating condition at no charge to you (this includes warranted parts and labor for manufacturer defects). Such service, repair, adjustment of the equipment is assured the registered contract holder, provided the equipment has not been tampered with, modified, damaged as a result of liquid, grit, power surge, burn-in, impact and physically broken parts. This service contract only covers a unit malfunction. Customer maintenance is not covered. Mack Camera & Video Service reserves the right to terminate service contracts if invoices are not paid within terms or are fraudulently altered by the dealers or service contract holder.

This limited service contract applies only to the product specified herein. It does not cover lamps, wall mounts, accessory speakers, wiring, remotes, dismount, installation and additional accessories or other expenses of consequential damages.

Mack Camera and Video Service will not be liable for loss of revenues or profits, inconvenience, expense of substitute equipment, loss of incidental or consequential damages. If the unit can not be repaired by Mack Camera or the Manufacturer for manufacturer's defects, replacement will be made with the same or equivalent model based on the contracted unit current market value at our discretion. This service contract is not transferable.

This service contract is not an insurance policy or a warranty. This service contract is only valid if positive identification of the unit covered hereunder is presented at the time of service.

This service contract is only valid in the continental U.S.A.

A separate bulb service contract is available

Thanks,
Chris

Does the Lemon clause cover buzzing Pioneer Panels?

Also, would a power-outage really harm you equipment? We loose power all the time but I've never had a problem.
post #106 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^^ Power outage usually will not hurt anything, depening how frequent we are talking about. Might want to consider a battery backup, then you will not have to worry about it. I highly dought any lemon clause would cover Pioneer Panels buzzzzzz. Most phenomenons like that would be case by case with the EX company.
post #107 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Liked: 12
If you're worried about power outages, like CP says, just get a UPS. It's worked great for me, particularly when the power does the quick off/on/off/on/off/on etc.., which is NOT good for the panel, IMO.

Nice knowing the panel in stand-by when the power goes out.

All that said, the power simply going off and later coming back on shouldn't hurt the panel unless there is some kind of power surge when the power kicks back on. I've never experienced this and I experience many outages a year with thunderstorms.

w
post #108 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 04:01 PM

Thanks guy's

A reply from CPS did mention the 60 mile rule of thumb. but said in my case {MA] there were no_ no coverage areas

Why are we here, because we're here, Roll the Bones
post #109 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home2stay View Post

Thanks guy's

A reply from CPS did mention the 60 mile rule of thumb. but said in my case {MA] there were no_ no coverage areas

At least that was nice that they replied back. It would have taken awhile to get a response back from Mack.

Chris
post #110 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

If you're worried about power outages, like CP says, just get a UPS. It's worked great for me, particularly when the power does the quick off/on/off/on/off/on etc.., which is NOT good for the panel, IMO.

Nice knowing the panel in stand-by when the power goes out.

All that said, the power simply going off and later coming back on shouldn't hurt the panel unless there is some kind of power surge when the power kicks back on. I've never experienced this and I experience many outages a year with thunderstorms.

w

Woodrow,
Yes I agree with you. Although surge protection is just a benefit and feature of the CPS warranty. It is most important to have surge protection in place to ensure voltage regulation and interfere that could occur and to minimize voltage spikes.

Chris

Chris
post #111 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mack is every bit as good as the other warranty companies out there. no need to knock any company

Every company have there happy and unhappy clients. I have had no trouble getting answers from Mack. Anyone looking for a warranty out there should know that the warranty is only as good as the company providing it. Mack being in business since 1938 says something. Any who, anyone looking for a provider should keep this in mind but don't kill yourself on the choices, life is to short and more than likely all these companies will be in business when you need them.
post #112 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:

It is most important to have surge protection in place to ensure voltage regulation and interfere that could occur and to minimize voltage spikes.

Chris

Chris

Plus, it's another toy to buy.

w
post #113 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 08:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

post #114 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Mack is every bit as good as the other warranty companies out there. no need to knock any company

Every company have there happy and unhappy clients. I have had no trouble getting answers from Mack. Anyone looking for a warranty out there should know that the warranty is only as good as the company providing it. Mack being in business since 1938 says something. Any who, anyone looking for a provider should keep this in mind but don't kill yourself on the choices, life is to short and more than likely all these companies will be in business when you need them.

Chris....I am not trying to advocate one company over the other. If you read my response, I did not bad mouth Mack at all. I just indicated that the response time for questions is quicker than Mack. There have been a few individuals that wanted a few questions asked it took awhile for them to respond back. No bid deal. My Mack rep does a great job of getting back with my questions (if needed). They are bad at providing tracking numbers, when I need them. Thats it...

How long has Mack provided warranty coverage for PLASMA/LCD flat panels and how responsive are they with claims? That is more important than being in business for over 70 years. Although CPS has been in business for a short while, I am not hesitant to recommend either warranty. At the end of day, customer service is more important than anything else....

Chris
post #115 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post

Plus, it's another toy to buy.

w

Yes I agree, but you can always buy an inexpensive surge protection. There is no need to pay hundreds of dollars on surge protection.

Chris
post #116 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:

Heck here is a nice toy then, this thing better have surge protection built in. Nice toy too Won't have to worry about power outages either.

>>> Click Here <<<</a>

Little pricy though, lol.

I read the specs on that. It's actually a really nice unit for the money.
post #117 of 884 Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:

I can vouch for this. Anytime I have a question, one call and done.
post #118 of 884 Old 06-29-2008, 01:12 AM

Thanks Cleveland for the response, but I would still like to know how either company would handle claims. From some of the things I've read on this forum so far it sounds to me like this:

I call EW co./they give me list of repair co.'s to call/I call for service-they come out and diagnose

Than what? I wait for the EW co. to OK repair than I call back repair service co. to come repair my TV?

Just curious about ease or uneasiness of the process. I have read posts where some people were left waiting for a while to get the issue resolved and some times it can be a difficult process. For me thats one of the trade offs for paying more from a major retailer..one simple call and every thing's handled on there side, and in my experience in an acceptable time frame, whereas the EW co's could result in possibly a long downtime period. Just wanting to know as many details as I can before I make a decision.

Thanks again.

Aus1
post #119 of 884 Old 06-29-2008, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Correct, the client would call EW co./they give them a list of repair co.'s to call/they call for service-setrvicer come out and diagnose unit in distress. The servicer would call the EW company and discuss price and if the unit is worth fixing. Then the EW would pay to fix the unit, look for a replacement of equal features, ect ect if need be, or cut the client a check.
post #120 of 884 Old 06-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Membership ID is usually included within the email. That is a unique number to identify you and your warranty purchase.

Chris

Not being able to buy through CPS direct was throwing me off.

So I can finish this silly maze...

I can buy a CPS warranty through your website, then enter that info onto the CPS site?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 1150hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page