post #181 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post

Purchase date was around June 11, 2008, give a day or so.

There is some flexibility with CPS. Mack is usually gives us lee-way around 35 days. I have had some flexibility with CPS around 45-60 days. Just depends on the circumstances.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Ok Chris and Chris its time for the warranty death cage match. DING !!!!!!!!!
post #183 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Ok Chris and Chris its time for the warranty death cage match. DING !!!!!!!!!

LOL! I guess I have something to loose.

Chris
post #184 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post

Does the Lemon clause cover buzzing Pioneer Panels?

Also, would a power-outage really harm you equipment? We loose power all the time but I've never had a problem.

After moving to NC I can say yes... I had Progress Electric do some strange power outage, then they cycled the power 4 times (off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on) before it stayed on. After that one of my PCs stopped working. They were good when I contacted them and filed a claim. They paid pretty quick after discovering it was a "man made" issue.
post #185 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I want to address a few other things people have been asking or saying...

1) Receipts, if you got a therma receipt make a COPY/SCAN of it. Keep that or print and keep that. Thermal stuff disappears all the time. Tough to prove anything without the headache of trying to get the retailer to provide a new copy.

2) To Chris (ClevelandPlasma)... MACK may have been around for 70 years, but the MACK Extended Service has only been around for 30 years. That's longer than anyone else, but it's NOT 70 years. If you are going to use the time, use the correct time please.
post #186 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post

After moving to NC I can say yes... I had Progress Electric do some strange power outage, then they cycled the power 4 times (off, on, off, on, off, on, off, on) before it stayed on. After that one of my PCs stopped working. They were good when I contacted them and filed a claim. They paid pretty quick after discovering it was a "man made" issue.

Great to hear!

Chris
post #187 of 884 Old 07-13-2008, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I want to address a few other things people have been asking or saying...

1) Receipts, if you got a therma receipt make a COPY/SCAN of it. Keep that or print and keep that. Thermal stuff disappears all the time. Tough to prove anything without the headache of trying to get the retailer to provide a new copy.

Great idea! You can always scan to your desktop and have a copy within your computer. That would be another option as well. Although it is used for verification when service work is done. Although great idea!

Chris
post #188 of 884 Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:

2) To Chris (ClevelandPlasma)... MACK may have been around for 70 years, but the MACK Extended Service has only been around for 30 years. That's longer than anyone else, but it's NOT 70 years. If you are going to use the time, use the correct time please.

Mack has been in busines since 1938 and the warranties are backed by the same exact company (Not a sister company, ect. ect.). However they have been selling warranties for 36 years, since 1972 as you stated near 30 years.
post #189 of 884 Old 07-15-2008, 02:53 PM

Liked: 10
Do CPS, Mack, Repairmaster or any other extended warranty provider offer accidental damage coverage as an add on to their regular policies?
post #190 of 884 Old 07-15-2008, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes Repairmaster does.
post #191 of 884 Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 AM

Okay, so I purchased my Panasonic 42PX80U from C/C 2 weeks ago. I just returned the warranty since it was 3yrs=269$

That was way too expensive for me. Now after reading through all the pages of this thread, I think I want the CPS warranty. How do I go about purchasing it?

Brad
post #192 of 884 Old 07-17-2008, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Klinger View Post

Okay, so I purchased my Panasonic 42PX80U from C/C 2 weeks ago. I just returned the warranty since it was 3yrs=269$

That was way too expensive for me. Now after reading through all the pages of this thread, I think I want the CPS warranty. How do I go about purchasing it?

Brad

PMed you...

Chris
post #193 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Klinger View Post

Brad

Just recently purchased the CPS EW from MountAVision for this same TV for less than half that CC price. This was for my Dad's 42PX80U I helped him pick out last month. My wife had filled out his product registration card and mailed it to Panasonic. When I phoned to ask if he wanted the CPS EW, he had recently received another EW contract back from Panasonic asking $300 for a 3-yr EW. Of course we went w/CPS, and many thanks for Chris's help. The purchase went easy & smooth. No problemo, amigo. I just hope my Dad never has to use it!
post #194 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just recently purchased the CPS EW from MountAVision for this same TV for less than half that CC price. This was for my Dad's 42PX80U I helped him pick out last month. My wife had filled out his product registration card and mailed it to Panasonic. When I phoned to ask if he wanted the CPS EW, he had recently received another EW contract back from Panasonic asking $300 for a 3-yr EW. Of course we went w/CPS, and many thanks for Chris's help. The purchase went easy & smooth. No problemo, amigo. I just hope my Dad never has to use it!

post #195 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 AM

Something to think about when considering an extended warranty plan; with the 1080p models, they will need HD calibration in different parts of the country when 1080p becomes the next stream in TV broadcasting after the 720p retires - approximately 2-3 years. This means some people will have to shell out anywhere from $250 - $500.00 for in home HD calibration. Whereas CPS EW holders will be safe from HD upgrade charges as these warranties cover all on site services. Just an FYI!

DebInvision
Invision Displays
post #196 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebInvision View Post

Something to think about when considering an extended warranty plan; with the 1080p models, they will need HD calibration in different parts of the country when 1080p becomes the next stream in TV broadcasting after the 720p retires - approximately 2-3 years. This means some people will have to shell out anywhere from $250 - $500.00 for in home HD calibration. Whereas CPS EW holders will be safe from HD upgrade charges as these warranties cover all on site services. Just an FYI!

If I understand you correctly, EW companies (except CPS) requires you to have your tv set prof. calibrated when 1080P broadcast become available? (which I don't think it will be avail for at least 5yrs). What is the reason behind this?
Can you please clarify that?
post #197 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:

And just why are we going to need calibration? And why only in certain parts of the country? And I find it hard to believe an extended warranty company is going to pay to have a TV calibrated as that is a choice not a repair. Sounds like a sales gimmick tome to get ya to buy an EW.
post #198 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:

Chris and Chris, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on ew issues. Can you please comment on this?
post #199 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can I have what you're smok'in??
No way on God's green earth are owners of TV's required now or in the future to have their displays professionally calibrated. If you're trying your hand at urban myth fiction writing, then I give you an A+. A big "IF" and when North America ever goes to broadcasting 1080p, then all flat panel TV's and all other video tech HDTV's are already covered on that score as your TV will simply scale to its native rez. Right now, the majority of HD broadcasting is 1080i, w/a few holdouts at 720p.
As for professional calibration, the CE mfg'ers are going for a different method, and will be offering free calibration by way of networking. The upcoming Pioneer Signature PRO-141FD will be the first to offer this "online" per se calibration. It should be interesting to see how it works out. Now, Debbie, get back to class!
post #200 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^^ I was told that the bandwith is to great to transfer 1080P thru cable, air, or dish by many people. ( I am sure 1080P will not be transfering in 2-3 years thru thru cable, air, or dish. )I would never make a bold statement and say that EW companies will pay for calibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdp203 View Post

Chris and Chris, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on ew issues. Can you please comment on this?

post #201 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 PM

I apologize for the interpretation it seems some of you are getting. And thank you to those of you who said "thanks". This information is being passed on after a visit with a CPS rep who thought many TV owners would appreciate this tidbit. By no means is this calibration "required". Some TV's have chip sets that are set for a particular frequency and as the upgrades in certain areas occur it "can" change the PQ. Simply, if a TV needs to be upgraded/calibrated due to picture clarity, it is covered. You guys can be pretty tough.

Humbly, Deb

DebInvision
Invision Displays
post #202 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:

I apologize for the interpretation it seems some of you are getting. And thank you to those of you who said "thanks". This information is being passed on after a visit with a CPS rep who thought many TV owners would appreciate this tidbit. By no means is this calibration "required". Some TV's have chip sets that are set for a particular frequency and as the upgrades in certain areas occur it "can" change the PQ. Simply, if a TV needs to be upgraded/calibrated due to picture clarity, it is covered. You guys can be pretty tough.

Humbly, Deb

There is no "interpretation" you said it not any of us. We are not your average joe six pack walking in off the street that you can bamboozle to sell an EW. Yeah we are tough when a salesperson tries to blow smoke up our butt. And anyone can walk into BB and rent a calibration DVD as I for 1 would not pay to have my TV professionaly calibrated. And from googling when are broadcasts going to be in 1080p I found the consensus 10+ years. So a suggestion might be to stop regurgitating what a sales rep tells you as gospel.

PS I hate EW and the crap salespeople try to tell you to get one...can you tell?
post #203 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Deb, it's all in fun. Please don't take ANY posts to heart. IT'S ONLY TV!
post #204 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Deb, it's all in fun. Please don't take ANY posts to heart. IT'S ONLY TV!

This forum has so much to offer - It is "fun" & I learn so much everyday! Thanks for "keep a stiff upper lip" note. I think I'll just keep reading and avoid posting. Have a great weekend!

My best, Deb

DebInvision
Invision Displays
post #205 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 03:27 PM

I think Deb was just passing on info from the warranty company and we know that things could get interpreted the wrong way and some warranty companies (not pointing at anyone) will tell interesting things, happens to everyone
post #206 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

I think Deb was just passing on info from the warranty company and we know that things could get interpreted the wrong way and some warranty companies (not pointing at anyone) will tell interesting things, happens to everyone

I chatted with Deb in PM and I did apologize to her if my posts offended her. And I hear what your saying Roman about the "interesting things". Deb needs to come back more often and not to let basturds like me scare her away.
post #207 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

In any forum on any topic, a person has to be careful about what is said. ( Otherwise a flaming may be due ) I have gotten flamed back in the day letting my fingers doing to much talking. Keeps a person on there toes.....
post #208 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

In any forum on any topic, a person has to be careful about what is said. ( Otherwise a flaming may be due ) I have gotten flamed back in the day letting my fingers doing to much talking. Keeps a person on there toes.....

But we are nice guys
post #209 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 04:13 PM

I'll never walk "flat footed" again.

Deb

DebInvision
Invision Displays
post #210 of 884 Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll never walk "flat footed" again.

Deb

Deb we understand. No worries. You meant no harm. You have been good to all of us...

Chris
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite Kuro Pro 1150hd 50 Inch Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page