Two Panasonic TV's in the same room = REMOTE PROBLEMS! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-08-2008, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I have one 42" Panasonic 42PZ77U Plasma and one 32" Panasonic 32LX700 LCD in the same room. Unfortunately they use the same, or similar codes, so power one up and they both turn on, volume, etc. I was able to get into the service menu on the 32" and change the rm-set code from A to B so I'm 50% there. Now how do I set the Panasonic remote for the 32" to code B to match the TV? Right now the TV won't accept any signals from the remote since the remote is still A and the TV is now B. There is nothing in the service manual on this and no help on the net.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Phillies44
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 AM

I have the same problem. I have a 42inch Panasonic Plasma, and a 26inch Panny LCD in the same room. How do i change the remote frequency? I hate having to unplug one of them, so that they both do not turn on.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Panasonic has 'remote 1' and 'remote 2' functionality on most of their products.

Sorry I can't give you the exact directions for your models, but I'm fairly sure you can set the 42" to be remote 1 and the 26" to be remote 2.

I'm actually doing that on a Panasonic HTIB right now and finding the instructions a little problematic. I've made it work but I think I did something a little different than the instructions.

Basically it's a 2 step process: set the mode (1 or 2) on the main TV, then set the matching mode on the corresponding remote.

On the HTIB, I press a key on the unit and then '1' on the remote to set the main device. Then hold '1' and 'OK' on the remote control for a 2 second count to set the remote to the matching mode.

Like I say that isn't working consistently. There's probably some trick like you have to hold it 2 seconds and let go right away, or let the OK button up before the '1' button. Not sure, I'm trying to figure out how to do this consistently.

However I have made it work a few times.

Search your manuals and you should find the way to do what you need.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page