The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 501 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15001 of 15006 Old 06-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I have now created a program that allows the user to run commands on any of the below Kuro models:

101fd
141fd
500m
600m
111fd
151fd
Non-US model equivalents to the above

What does this mean? For starters, service menu access (by executing the proper commands) on any of the above models in one simple program.

Kuro Command Program
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15002 of 15006 Old 06-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought a 5020, maybe 2 and a half years ago as old stock, it always had a slight buzz, but running it off a regulated power supply diminishes the noise to nearly nothing. A lot probably has to do with voltage and altitude. I feel lucky as ever to have gotten this set for $799 "new" though it was no longer current at the time. I hope those set aside for warranty one day get released for sale.
post #15003 of 15006 Old 07-01-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrly View Post
I bought a 5020, maybe 2 and a half years ago as old stock, it always had a slight buzz, but running it off a regulated power supply diminishes the noise to nearly nothing. A lot probably has to do with voltage and altitude. I feel lucky as ever to have gotten this set for $799 "new" though it was no longer current at the time. I hope those set aside for warranty one day get released for sale.
Clean power goes far with plasma PSU's and components in general - definitely.
post #15004 of 15006 Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 PM
PBT

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardear1 View Post
PLEASE HELP. after 11 months my 6020's digital tuner won't work and when i hit "tools" the menu won't come up. also when i hit "menu" all but the setup is greyed out reading "current status does not allow for selection or adjustment". if i unplug it for a while it all comes back for about a minute, then same thing. if i have it on the digital tuner any channel comes in, then the pic freezes with just audio, and then goes out reading "starting up". i did do the firmware upgrade when i bought the tv 11 months back. and i've searched this forum finding a just couple of the same problems but not saying what happened as a final solution. should i do the firmware update again? any help would be appreciated guys!
My 111FD has the exact same problem, except unplugging doesn't help. I probably did one firmware update a long time ago before the problem started, but since the TV still works, and I can access most settings I care about, I don't want to risk further trouble...unless someone has had this problem and a firmware update fixed it.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
post #15005 of 15006 Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBT View Post
My 111FD has the exact same problem, except unplugging doesn't help. I probably did one firmware update a long time ago before the problem started, but since the TV still works, and I can access most settings I care about, I don't want to risk further trouble...unless someone has had this problem and a firmware update fixed it.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear that man. If you're issue is like mine was, it's not a simple firmware fix. It was the main board. I had to send it away with some techs for it to be replaced. Since it was right at the end of Pioneer's Kuro run, it took about a month and a half to get the part, and have it installed. Fortunately I was in the final days of my warranty. So it was covered.
PBT likes this.
post #15006 of 15006 Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 AM
PBT

Liked: 0
Thanks for the quick reply gardear1! Good to know what you ended up having to do (though the fix required is bad news for an out of warranty person like me). I'm guessing a new main board or repair would be major $. I just hope that the set doesn't loose any more functionality.

If anyone else had and fixed this problem for not too much $$, I'd be interested to hear your story.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Pdp 5020fd 50 Inch 1080p Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pdp 6020fd 60 Inch Class Kuro Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page