The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 501 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #15001 of 15018 Old 06-23-2014, 11:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I have now created a program that allows the user to run commands on any of the below Kuro models:

101fd
141fd
500m
600m
111fd
151fd
Non-US model equivalents to the above

What does this mean? For starters, service menu access (by executing the proper commands) on any of the above models in one simple program.

Kuro Command Program
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15002 of 15018 Old 06-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought a 5020, maybe 2 and a half years ago as old stock, it always had a slight buzz, but running it off a regulated power supply diminishes the noise to nearly nothing. A lot probably has to do with voltage and altitude. I feel lucky as ever to have gotten this set for $799 "new" though it was no longer current at the time. I hope those set aside for warranty one day get released for sale.
post #15003 of 15018 Old 07-01-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrly View Post
I bought a 5020, maybe 2 and a half years ago as old stock, it always had a slight buzz, but running it off a regulated power supply diminishes the noise to nearly nothing. A lot probably has to do with voltage and altitude. I feel lucky as ever to have gotten this set for $799 "new" though it was no longer current at the time. I hope those set aside for warranty one day get released for sale.
Clean power goes far with plasma PSU's and components in general - definitely.
post #15004 of 15018 Old 07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
PBT

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardear1 View Post
PLEASE HELP. after 11 months my 6020's digital tuner won't work and when i hit "tools" the menu won't come up. also when i hit "menu" all but the setup is greyed out reading "current status does not allow for selection or adjustment". if i unplug it for a while it all comes back for about a minute, then same thing. if i have it on the digital tuner any channel comes in, then the pic freezes with just audio, and then goes out reading "starting up". i did do the firmware upgrade when i bought the tv 11 months back. and i've searched this forum finding a just couple of the same problems but not saying what happened as a final solution. should i do the firmware update again? any help would be appreciated guys!
My 111FD has the exact same problem, except unplugging doesn't help. I probably did one firmware update a long time ago before the problem started, but since the TV still works, and I can access most settings I care about, I don't want to risk further trouble...unless someone has had this problem and a firmware update fixed it.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
gardear1 likes this.
post #15005 of 15018 Old 07-02-2014, 12:18 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBT View Post
My 111FD has the exact same problem, except unplugging doesn't help. I probably did one firmware update a long time ago before the problem started, but since the TV still works, and I can access most settings I care about, I don't want to risk further trouble...unless someone has had this problem and a firmware update fixed it.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear that man. If you're issue is like mine was, it's not a simple firmware fix. It was the main board. I had to send it away with some techs for it to be replaced. Since it was right at the end of Pioneer's Kuro run, it took about a month and a half to get the part, and have it installed. Fortunately I was in the final days of my warranty. So it was covered.
PBT likes this.
post #15006 of 15018 Old 07-07-2014, 01:14 AM
PBT

Thanks for the quick reply gardear1! Good to know what you ended up having to do (though the fix required is bad news for an out of warranty person like me). I'm guessing a new main board or repair would be major $. I just hope that the set doesn't loose any more functionality.

If anyone else had and fixed this problem for not too much $$, I'd be interested to hear your story.
gardear1 likes this.
post #15007 of 15018 Old 07-11-2014, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post
It had been updated for April Tours.. when D-Nice provides his location and dates, it gets updated..

Not all tours have appointment slots open so those dates don't get posted...

http://www.calibrationforums.com/for...ead.php?t=1026
Hi Turbe, might you know what's going on? It's been almost two months now. I've sent an email requesting a spot on the Seattle trip, whenever that might be, but haven't received any response.

I know he's a busy guy, and plans change, but I will hate myself if he does a Seattle trip after all these years and I miss it.
post #15008 of 15018 Old 07-12-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I have not received any updates.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #15009 of 15018 Old 01-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on a 5k hour, ISF Calibrated 6020FD for $900 to replace a TH50PHD8UK in non light controlled (though no direct light) family room using DirecTV / Chromecast as primary sources?
post #15010 of 15018 Old 01-03-2015, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For some strange reason my LX5090H in combination with an Intel NUC seems to exhibit some strange issue.
Using Video HDMI mode and dot by dot set, the Intel GPU or TV seems to constantly adjust "overscan".
Switch between a program or a browser you can see sides gettign cut off at varying intervals. Sometimes bottom side drops out of view,
other times it's the top or the left side. Can't tell what is causing this.
post #15011 of 15018 Old 01-04-2015, 06:18 PM

Does anybody have external speakers hooked up to their Kuro? I have a 6020FD and a couple spare Infinity Overture 1s and was thinking of hooking them up for sound a little better than the bar. Thinking about getting sonos (wife factor) but I am not decided yet and this would be a decent upgrade in the interim? Would this damage the TV in any way? Speakers? From what I could see the speakers are rated 10-100, looks like the Kuro puts out 18. Overtures seem to be 8 but Pioneer is 6 ohms, is that ok? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

Last edited by pier0188; 01-04-2015 at 06:45 PM.
post #15012 of 15018 Old 01-05-2015, 01:03 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pier0188 View Post
Does anybody have external speakers hooked up to their Kuro? I have a 6020FD and a couple spare Infinity Overture 1s and was thinking of hooking them up for sound a little better than the bar. Thinking about getting sonos (wife factor) but I am not decided yet and this would be a decent upgrade in the interim? Would this damage the TV in any way? Speakers? From what I could see the speakers are rated 10-100, looks like the Kuro puts out 18. Overtures seem to be 8 but Pioneer is 6 ohms, is that ok? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn
I don't have external speakers, I'm using a Vizio soundbar right now and it works great. It also is a pretty close match to my 5020 soundbar, looks wise. As far as using external speakers using the 6020 internal amplifier, you should be okay. It's not ideal to have unmatched impedance but it's better to have the amp lower and the speakers higher,which you do.

Sent from my Xperia Z3v
post #15013 of 15018 Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Anybody with a link for LX-6090's service manual? It should be ARP3482 order part...

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
post #15014 of 15018 Old 01-27-2015, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
On my new to me 6020 playing 2.35:1 1080p content (MP4 format) via the Media Gallery player results in vertically stretched content that eliminates the letter bars as if I was in Wide mode - cycling through the different aspect ratios via the remote doesn't affect change the aspect ratio on the screen at all. Am I missing a setting someplace?
post #15015 of 15018 Old 01-27-2015, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Barcellos View Post
On my new to me 6020 playing 2.35:1 1080p content (MP4 format) via the Media Gallery player results in vertically stretched content that eliminates the letter bars as if I was in Wide mode - cycling through the different aspect ratios via the remote doesn't affect change the aspect ratio on the screen at all. Am I missing a setting someplace?
Check the setup options that the burn in protection function is not on.

home theater addict
post #15016 of 15018 Old 02-04-2015, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My 2008 5020 is starting to show its age with by not handling bright & dark contrast very well and lip sync with BluRay or DVD has always had to be slightly adjusted, now it needs about 100ms. Many games have a brightness adjustment which is adjusted until you see an image in a dark box, such as GTA5 on PS4. However, DriveClub on PS4 is unplayable with dusk, dawn, very cloudy, and scenes where the sky is super bright with a low sun. The track is dark and practically not visible. When I share my clips to Facebook and watch them on my iPhone, it looks like I'm driving drunk and the track is clearly visible. When playing GT6, text within a bright background is difficult to see with the contrast issue.

The movie Godzilla was practically unwatchable, as it has a lot of dark scenes. The long final battle scene, we couldn't see a thing. My son has a Samsung LCD and he doesn't suffer with the same contrast problems, even though his is a lowly 46" 60hz basic TV.

I used to use Movie mode with the settings from this thread, it just looked too muddy. Especially watching night baseball games compared to real life, backgrounds were just too dark and colors did not look natural. So I switched to Optimized mode. I've been happy with that for the last few years.

I've tried using Game mode and that doesn't really change how the TV handles contrasts, it just burns my eyes. DYNAMIC mode has never been used on my TVs.

What's wrong with my precious KURO! Is there anything I can do to repair this? How much would it cost to typically fix this issue?

My other choice is to upgrade in size (60 or 65) and to a modern LED 4K TV and put this one in the living room for my wife to enjoy.

Last edited by davethestalker; 02-04-2015 at 03:23 PM.
post #15017 of 15018 Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys...

unfortunately my KURO (European LX5090H) showed first signs of an issue a couple of days ago.

I was just watching some stuff when suddently weird vertical stripes appeared on the whole screen. They were kind oft green/yellow/reddish bright. I first switched from HDMI to SAT but the stripes didn't vanish.

Then I turned the TV off, unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned it on again. I have not seen the stripes since then.

Does anyone know this issue? I could not find much info on this in the web...
Is my TV gonna die soon? Is there a reasonably priced way to fix it?
post #15018 of 15018 Old Today, 01:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethestalker View Post
My 2008 5020 is starting to show its age with by not handling bright & dark contrast very well and lip sync with BluRay or DVD has always had to be slightly adjusted, now it needs about 100ms.
How about a good quality professional calibration?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer , Pioneer Pdp 5020fd 50 Inch 1080p Kuro Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Pdp 6020fd 60 Inch Class Kuro Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 5020fd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page