AVS Forum banner

The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread

2M views 15K replies 2K participants last post by  John Hooper 
#1 ·
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/13971340

It would be great to see some pictures here as well from the owners, more people will start posting in here next week with their impressions.

+1 for some pictures!

#4 ·
Well, the empty wallspace that is awaiting my 6020 looks pretty good! I even have my studs marked and area measured and ready to install the wall mount about 2 minutes after it arrives.

#5 ·
I am starting that process this weekend for my 151. I have already ordered some stands for a center channel and a/v equipment that hopefully should be here tomorrow. But I fully intend to measure and mark my wall for the 151 on Saturday! Still trying to decide on a wallmount. Can't wait for some reviews!

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCanHD /forum/post/13971477

Best review so far!

Thanks! I forgot to mention that the drywall is textured, and the paint color looks just like my pastey white flesh here in the midwest before the summer sun brings it to an acceptable tone. So what I am saying is fleshtones are spot on!

#7 ·
Here's a pic of my 5020. I got one of those weird brown bezels on mine.

But to be serious, it would be great if new owners of the 20 series could comment on any of the following:

1) Initial impressions

2) Any audible buzz?

3) Comparison to the 8Gs if you used to have one?

#10 ·
Friends, lets keep it to the subject. look at the pre-release discussion which grew up to 108 pages and 3200 posts in 3 weeks. Can we all post only what's related to the thread.

Or maybe, people want me to report every hour on how excited I am to get my 6020 in the next few days.
It will be very hard to find useful information here if we do not respect and follow the thread topic.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailwind /forum/post/13972346

When the owners chime in I would like to get your thoughts on the reflectiveness of the 9G.

The AR coating hasn't improved over last years coating. So it will be identical to the 8Gs.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckZ /forum/post/13973700

I think this thread should be called "The Official Pioneer 9G KURO Owner's Discussion Thread" while the other two sets should have a thread called "The Official Pioneer 9G KURO Elite/Signature Owner's Discussion Thread." Thoughts?

I prefer: "The Official Pioneer 9G KURO (non-Elite) Owner's Discussion Thread", thanks for asking

#17 ·
Has anyone got thier 6020 yet and done any calibrations/reviews?

#19 ·
I hope to have my 6020 tomorrow. I will post detailed pics and an initial review, which will be less detailed then the pics
. I currently have an HP MD5880N (58" DLP, 1080p), that will be my reference.

Fingers crossed on delivery tomorrow...

My home theater:

Pioneer Elite vsx81tsv receiver- HDMI out to 6020fd

SA Explorer 8300- connected to receiver via HDMI

Panasonic S97 upconversion DVD player- connected to receiver via HDMI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.