The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1015 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #30421 of 30625 Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post

Saprano

Drop your RSTP to 002 , S1 to 72 , S3 to 82 and S4 to 129 , this should give you a major drop in MLL . Factory settings are RSTP 018 , S1 86 , S3 96 and S4 143 , Look for any artifacts , magenta pixles on moving images from black to light images , if you don't see anything(artifacts or misfires ) you are good to go , if you do just set everything back to stock settings ,

I was just asking a question. Not that I need to do it. I won't be touching anything in the service menu until I see a huge change in black level. As it is now it's fine.

2260 hours.

I just think by now any secrets about the kuro or hidden features should be available to everybody. The displays are gone and are not coming back. What ever money was to be made by those things becomes less as time goes on.

home theater addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30422 of 30625 Old 05-27-2014, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 89
OK Cool .

Just posting a nice tip for lower MLL
post #30423 of 30625 Old 05-27-2014, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 199
saprano, come join the dark side.... tongue.gif You won't regret it! biggrin.gif
makaveddie81 likes this.

Pioneer KRP-500M (Tweaked) + Oppo BDP-103 + Mcintosh MX121/MC207/MPC1500
B&W 803D2/HTM2D/805D2 + JL Audio Fathom F112
post #30424 of 30625 Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Eventually......maby. smile.gif

home theater addict
post #30425 of 30625 Old 05-28-2014, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi everyone,

I've done some of the tweaks and the reset to my KRP-500m but I've come into some problems and I was wondering if someone could help? I did the last reset about sixty hours ago or so, but I'd been having some similar problems before that also.

I have all the voltages at defaults, but the display seems to be malfunctioning in some ways. it's a little hard to describe. You know how when you turn on your Kuro, it will initially display a lighter black level, then go two steps lower to arrive at the true black level? My display does that but it goes too black way lower than it should for the voltages I have set. I see crushed shadow detail and the image looks softer than it should. I don't know whether an internal part is wearing out? When changing channels in DirecTV the display seems to take longer than it used to to display the new channel and the black level will fluctuate more than I remember when changing sources. Like when changing channels or sources, the display will show a lighter black, then lower, then lighter again. And, like I said, it takes longer to display new sources or channels than I think it used to.

I don't know if that is enough information. The image looks muddier and softer than it used to.

Do any of you have any idea what could be going on? Are there any tweaks I could have done to "break" something? Or do you suppose that a part is wearing out? If anyone here can help me get my display functioning like it should again, I would really appreciate it. Surely some of the Kuro experts could assist?

Thanks.
post #30426 of 30625 Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodefeld View Post

The image looks muddier and softer than it used to.
I think I've noticed something similar after I reset my 500M. Unless it's my mind playing tricks on me, it seems like something deep inside the picture isn't as clean and defined as it was before I reset.

The good news is that the red tint is gone and the black level is deeper than ever.
post #30427 of 30625 Old 05-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:

Hi everyone,

I've done some of the tweaks and the reset to my KRP-500m but I've come into some problems and I was wondering if someone could help? I did the last reset about sixty hours ago or so, but I'd been having some similar problems before that also.

I have all the voltages at defaults, but the display seems to be malfunctioning in some ways. it's a little hard to describe. You know how when you turn on your Kuro, it will initially display a lighter black level, then go two steps lower to arrive at the true black level? My display does that but it goes too black way lower than it should for the voltages I have set. I see crushed shadow detail and the image looks softer than it should. I don't know whether an internal part is wearing out? When changing channels in DirecTV the display seems to take longer than it used to to display the new channel and the black level will fluctuate more than I remember when changing sources. Like when changing channels or sources, the display will show a lighter black, then lower, then lighter again. And, like I said, it takes longer to display new sources or channels than I think it used to.

I don't know if that is enough information. The image looks muddier and softer than it used to.

Do any of you have any idea what could be going on? Are there any tweaks I could have done to "break" something? Or do you suppose that a part is wearing out? If anyone here can help me get my display functioning like it should again, I would really appreciate it. Surely some of the Kuro experts could assist?

Thanks.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1532421/pioneer-kuro-post-reset-recovery-guide#post_24752527
post #30428 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

As discussed there will be some under-driving going on. But from what i can gather and from everyone who has done this reset (with the exception of somelogin smile.gif ) yours seems to be pretty unique post reset.

When you reset initially - did you reset six logs as per the service manual - or more than that with RS232 ?
post #30429 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

My new 500M has gone past the 1000 hour mark

But what i have noticed more and more this last few hours is it seems to have gone up another gear entirely for whatever reason. It's difficult to understand or explain the difference i have been seeing in all truth. It was always the best image i have ever seen on a plasma but it's gotten better again incredibly.

I have very good mains products and they have all done their bit - but all on it's own it has done something indescribable to the image but in a very good way.

Oh and i do believe it has taken a little dive in MLL also in the last 40 or 50 hour all by itself . I am thinking some sort of internal algorithms as hours hit X amount but who knows.

But with overall image quality having improved almost all of a sudden then perhaps that is the phosphors settling in nicely now...
post #30430 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange1Rob0t View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Viper ll View Post

It's a service that he offers (and that I've enjoyed the benefit of) but one that requires a little more know how than simply flipping a switch. Please just be patient and courteous and I'm sure he'll respond. Not knowing if you have a decent post history or your attitude, it's impossible to say whether that's why he hasn't contacted you back but I can tell you (from witnessing other members) that calling him out is not the way to get what you want.

Can't you view my post history on here? You seem to be taking what I said a bit personally.
He is giving you good advise.
Indeed he is. Be a tad patient, D-Nice's wizardry is worth the wait wink.gif.
post #30431 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Well, it's been a month since my calibration. I wanted to really view as much material as possible before saying anything.

The first program i watched was that very night; Dateline NBC that was doing a story on the Nuclear Reactor in Japan. My very first thought was "I can see freckles in her skin underneath the holes in her blouse" and then a few expletives. And then I thought "how can it be so dark but so bright and also so clear and detailed at the same time?". There is also a next level of depth in the picture that simply wasn't there if one can believe that possible of a Kuro display.

To sum everything up...I really wish that I had this done long before a month ago, but 5 years is better late than never. Honestly, I thought my picture was perfect, pun intended but I was totally wrong. D-Nice as described throughout the years is a true professional and much thanks for doing me the service. I hope he doesn't mind me saying, but in our conversation he did allude to a European and "down under" tour...I'm just saying;)
rcapprotti and craigyboy like this.
post #30432 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefy6 View Post

Well, it's been a month since my calibration. I wanted to really view as much material as possible before saying anything.

The first program i watched was that very night; Dateline NBC that was doing a story on the Nuclear Reactor in Japan. My very first thought was "I can see freckles in her skin underneath the holes in her blouse" and then a few expletives. And then I thought "how can it be so dark but so bright and also so clear and detailed at the same time?". There is also a next level of depth in the picture that simply wasn't there if one can believe that possible of a Kuro display.

To sum everything up...I really wish that I had this done long before a month ago, but 5 years is better late than never. Honestly, I thought my picture was perfect, pun intended but I was totally wrong. D-Nice as described throughout the years is a true professional and much thanks for doing me the service. I hope he doesn't mind me saying, but in our conversation he did allude to a European and "down under" tour...I'm just saying;)
uk would be great:)
Stu03 likes this.

post #30433 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigyboy View Post

smile.gif
post #30434 of 30625 Old 05-29-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefy6 View Post

D-Nice as described throughout the years is a true professional and much thanks for doing me the service.
Thanks for posting your calibration comments. I've added a link to your post in the flat panel (post number two) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.

Enjoy. smile.gif
post #30435 of 30625 Old 05-31-2014, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18

I was really impressed today, not by my kuro, but by a Sony proj, the HW55.

In every point it has exactly the same picture as my kuro on ISF modes, the same pop in colors, the same depth in the picture, even its black levels are quite good (not inky, but good enough) it's a very good choice to upgrade a kuro imo.

post #30436 of 30625 Old 05-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

smile.gif

Thing is, even the big movie stars only know of and come to London. Everywhere else in the UK doesn't exist.
post #30437 of 30625 Old 05-31-2014, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
^Schooled heads know betta! Being a music aficionado myself, some of my fave acts hail from Bristol (I've visited m'self, along with London of course, Cornwall for a solar eclipse festival, and even made it to Wales up in the coal-mining towns).
craigyboy likes this.
post #30438 of 30625 Old 06-01-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu03 View Post

smile.gif

Thing is, even the big movie stars only know of and come to London. Everywhere else in the UK doesn't exist.

Movie wise probably yes - musically/stars certainly not. But movie stars - are on a different planet.

Had to laugh recently though when i read/saw Brad Pitt had his sunglasses knocked off/broken in a complete joke by that prankster dude. And he is having the guy done with assault and battery.

Just buy a new pair of sunglasses imo.

An absolute pathetic exercise by someone who hasn't been living in the real world for far too long. Other victims of the prankster like mega star Leonardo Dicaprio just laughed it off like the joke it was meant to be in the first place.
post #30439 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 12:19 AM

Liked: 10
i have the PRO-111FD since its release and have yet to get it calibrated. does anyone know a reliable calibrator in California in the Los Angeles/Orange County Area? i live in Long beach and really want to get calibrated even though its been quite some time now. Since there is no more great plasmas out i might as well Calibrate mine and get the most of out it before its to late.
post #30440 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by konfusion View Post

i have the PRO-111FD since its release and have yet to get it calibrated. does anyone know a reliable calibrator in California in the Los Angeles/Orange County Area? i live in Long beach and really want to get calibrated even though its been quite some time now. Since there is no more great plasmas out i might as well Calibrate mine and get the most of out it before its to late.

From our good friend Htwaits: http://www.avsforum.com/t/586330/isf-calibrators-where-are-you-located-please-post-here

smile.gif

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #30441 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

David Abrams lives in your area. D-Nice, UMR, and possibly Chad B come to your area on a regular basis. You can also use one of the links in turbo's posts for other information and possibilities. smile.gif
post #30442 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 12:57 PM

Hi,  

I had to have the main board on my Pioneer 9G Elite KURO PRO-151FD replaced - part # AWW1371 - the TV was unable to switch inputs and would go to black screen if we tried to switch inputs.  After replacing the main board the tv appears fixed but the picture doesn't seem like it was.

Question is do I need to re-calibrate the TV now?

thanks for the help.

thx

-Ram.

post #30443 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 02:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramreddy View Post

Hi,  

I had to have the main board on my Pioneer 9G Elite KURO PRO-151FD replaced - part # AWW1371 - the TV was unable to switch inputs and would go to black screen if we tried to switch inputs.  After replacing the main board the tv appears fixed but the picture doesn't seem like it was.

Question is do I need to re-calibrate the TV now?

thanks for the help.

thx

-Ram.
What ever calibration you had done before the repair is gone now. I've had our Kuro repaired and then, after a few weeks to be sure the new board was going to last, I had it calibrated. All has been good for seven months. smile.gif
post #30444 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 03:28 PM

thx htwaits.  appreciate it.

post #30445 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:

I will be there at the end of the month. PM me for details.
post #30446 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
^^^ Any chance for the Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto tour again?
post #30447 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramreddy View Post

thx htwaits.  appreciate it.
smile.gif
post #30448 of 30625 Old 06-08-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

^^^ Any chance for the Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto tour again?
I'll be in Toronto the last week in September. I could bring my Disney WoW disk. wink.gifbiggrin.gif
post #30449 of 30625 Old 06-12-2014, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fellow Pioneer Kuro owners:

I own a Pioneer PRO-111FD and since I bought it never used the stand because I hanged it on the wall.
I just moved to bigger place and need to use the stand but... it is gone without a trace

I did make a brief research and found that the OEM part is KRP-TS02 and is the same one as the PRO-101FD uses.

Please contact me if you have one that will not use and wish to sell to me (dannymdc@gmail.com).

Thank you
post #30450 of 30625 Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

You can still buy one from Pioneer- http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...um=PRO%2D111FD
Stu03 likes this.

home theater addict
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page