The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1017 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #30481 of 30482 Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
I also have not been visiting this forum that much of late. All the bluray disc's that are 185:1 that I have played through my Denon A1UDCI universal BD player have all filled up the entire screen just like 178:1 disc's since the ratio's are different one would think that it would appear differently. Maybe as someone suggested they are miss-labeled but could they all be miss-labeled?
1.85:1 BD's play in that exact ratio on my TV. You guys need to make sure you don't have screen size on full. It should be on dot by dot.

home theater addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30482 of 30482 Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmi View Post
Hi all,

It's been a while since I visited this thread. I haven't been having any issues with my 151...until now. I just bought an Oppo 105D blu ray player and noticed something peculiar. When I play 1.78:1 or 2.35:1 content, everything looks normal. 1.78 content fills the entire screen as expected, and 2:35 content has the appropriate-sized black bars top and bottom. I have the display set to dot-by-dot of course. When I've played a couple of 1:85 titles, I don't see the thin bars top and bottom that I should see. The image fills the entire screen so it appears that it's being cropped slightly. I'm positive that with my previous BD player I was seeing an uncropped 1.85:1 image. I'm having trouble finding the source of the problem. Folks on the Oppo thread seem to think it has to do with the display and not the player. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Jim
If your display is in dot by dot then it's your BD player. Did you check to see if all the safety functions are turned off in the kuro?

home theater addict
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page