The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1019 - AVS Forum
First ... 1017  1018  1019 1020  1021  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
makaveddie81's Avatar makaveddie81 11:24 AM 08-01-2014
You guys with the 60 inch 2009 builds are a lucky bunch. Skip to the 19:55 mark to find out why, if you're not aware of the reason.

You Tube

rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 11:33 AM 08-01-2014
So anything after November of 2008 could have a 9.5 panel?
qwknuf6's Avatar qwknuf6 01:39 PM 08-01-2014
a 60 " 9.5 panel is still not going to be close to 50" 9.5 panel , 50 and 60 " panels are driven differently
-Hitman-'s Avatar -Hitman- 01:41 PM 08-01-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
So anything after November of 2008 could have a 9.5 panel?

Correct, it was a known fact that towards the end of Pioneer's PDP production all displays were eventually produced at the same single manufacturing plant (instead of across 3 plants) after closure of the other 2 plants.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 02:34 PM 08-01-2014
Thanks for the info
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 07:02 PM 08-01-2014
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	192681

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	192689
i have a question.when using my service remote check the hours when i got the screen that told you how many hour are on your panel which is 487 I also noticed a screen that was also keeping track of hours and minutes .can anyone tell me what the difference in the two I've included two photos just curious
Attached:
saprano's Avatar saprano 01:17 AM 08-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
I dropped it to 1 on my 101fd, 141fd and 151fd with no issues and a reduction in mll.

For a further reduction in mll, I also reduced s1, s3 and s4 (by the same amount) on all three panels. The 101fd was able to go down all the way to minimum values with no artifacts on content. The 141fd and 151fd were a bit more resistant, so i could only go down about 15 ticks without issues. Anything more than that and artifacts would manifest themselves on content.
Ok good. I would rather just change rstp than play around with anything else. Hopefully I never get to that point.

Quote:
Mine is a warranty replacement two.I actually had a 6020 the first 6020 they sent the panel was crushed on it the second one they sent me after about two months developed several problems. And then had a build date of April 2009. When they replaced the second 6020 I had to pay them a little extra was less than $400 to upgrade to a 151 and so far no problems with this one knock on wood. Like I said this one has a build date of February 2009
Make sure you're looking inside the back of the TV on the bottom left. I never knew until somebody told me where the build date was. I only knew of the manufacturing date on the back. Mine is March 2009 with a build date in January 2009.
saprano's Avatar saprano 01:20 AM 08-02-2014
Quote:
Attachment 192681

Attachment 192689
i have a question.when using my service remote check the hours when i got the screen that told you how many hour are on your panel which is 487 I also noticed a screen that was also keeping track of hours and minutes .can anyone tell me what the difference in the two I've included two photos just curious
That's how many hours it's been plugged into the wall on standby.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 05:58 AM 08-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
Ok good. I would rather just change rstp than play around with anything else. Hopefully I never get to that point.

Make sure you're looking inside the back of the TV on the bottom left. I never knew until somebody told me where the build date was. I only knew of the manufacturing date on the back. Mine is March 2009 with a build date in January 2009.
So if I understand you right when you said you look inside the back of the TV are you literally talking about the inside of the TV? Because I'm going by the sticker on the back of the TV and on the box it came in
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 05:59 AM 08-02-2014
Quote:
That's how many hours it's been plugged into the wall on standby.
thanks saprano
saprano's Avatar saprano 09:34 AM 08-02-2014
Quote:
So if I understand you right when you said you look inside the back of the TV are you literally talking about the inside of the TV? Because I'm going by the sticker on the back of the TV and on the box it came in
Yes. Standing at the back look through the holes on the bottom near the left handle. There should be two stickers. I see your TV is on the wall. Can it extend out?
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 09:53 AM 08-02-2014
Yes I can pull the TV out does that sticker also have the serial number on it.because if I'm not mistaken the plasma panel itself has a sticker with the serial number and manufacturing date
Ilbisonte 04:13 PM 08-02-2014
Greetings,

Aside from storing in the box, are their any good uses for the speakers that the Kuro comes with? For a standard surround setup I thought they might be nice as a center channel, but in my case that doesn't work. So I'm looking for ideas / experiences in using them for something other than a paperweight.

I have a Pro-111FD with Mythos SSA-50, HSU VTF-1 MK2, BDP-23FD and Elite SC-77. Thanks!
saprano's Avatar saprano 04:30 PM 08-02-2014
Quote:
Yes I can pull the TV out does that sticker also have the serial number on it.because if I'm not mistaken the plasma panel itself has a sticker with the serial number and manufacturing date
Yeah one sticker has the module number and the other has the serial number and build date. Which is different from the manufacturing date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilbisonte View Post
Greetings,

Aside from storing in the box, are their any good uses for the speakers that the Kuro comes with? For a standard surround setup I thought they might be nice as a center channel, but in my case that doesn't work. So I'm looking for ideas / experiences in using them for something other than a paperweight.

I have a Pro-111FD with Mythos SSA-50, HSU VTF-1 MK2, BDP-23FD and Elite SC-77. Thanks!
The speakers sound very good to me. I use them when i watch broadcast TV. Do you not like the sound? They're still the best television speakers. Every other manufacturer puts tiny speakers on the back or bottom. Besides recently Sony who did similar to Pioneer and put it on the side of their 4K TV's.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 06:37 PM 08-02-2014
Quote:
Yeah one sticker has the module number and the other has the serial number and build date. Which is different from the manufacturing date.

The speakers sound very good to me. I use them when i watch broadcast TV. Do you not like the sound? They're still the best television speakers. Every other manufacturer puts tiny speakers on the back or bottom. Besides recently Sony who did similar to Pioneer and put it on the side of their 4K TV's.
saprano I agree with you I think the speakers sounds very good. Much better than the typical speakers you get with a TV today
saprano's Avatar saprano 07:18 PM 08-02-2014
Quote:
You guys with the 60 inch 2009 builds are a lucky bunch. Skip to the 19:55 mark to find out why, if you're not aware of the reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvJ-VEueE8k
The 60" 2009 builds with 9.5G glass seems to only apply to the 141's. I don't think the 151 is included in that according to what Robert said. So my 2009 build 151 doesn't mean anything i don't think.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 08:52 PM 08-02-2014
Quote:
The 60" 2009 builds with 9.5G glass seems to only apply to the 141's. I don't think the 151 is included in that according to what Robert said. So my 2009 build 151 doesn't mean anything i don't think.
D-nice was right about the quality control being poor in the month of April because my 6020 had all kinds of issues. Tomorrow I must go TV shopping I thought about getting a used 5020 but I really don't feel like driving a couple hours to go to Jacksonville and my luck when I got there the TV wouldn't be as nice as advertised and would probably have 20,000 hours on it. I think I'll buy a Visio M-series
Powers16's Avatar Powers16 09:54 PM 08-02-2014
Quote:
You can use those 200 bucks towards getting an i1 display pro 3 colorimeter and performing the calibration yourself. Theres a ton of tutorials out there to help you get started. I got into self calibration as a total noob 2 months ago and now I am competent enough to calibrate my Kuros and my brothers VT60.
Are the i1 Display Colorimeters designed to be used with a plasma? Everything i've read about them states nothing about using them with a plasma, only LCD's.
Pqbrown 10:38 AM 08-03-2014
I posted last week about a very loud buzzing from my pro-111fd and got around to taking it off the wall and removing the rear panel. Much to my surprise the power supply was not the source, rather it was the x drive, particularly several capacitors were swollen and when pressed the buzzing stopped. All is good right? well I decided to tighten several of the screws holding the x board in place to see if this would help, and accidentally touched the screw driver to the I/O switch chassis briefly while tightening a screw on the x board, causing it to spark and send the TV into a blinking light sequence (specifically 2 red blinks then pause), now the display isn't working. I would assume I blew a fuse, however I can't seem to find anything on replacing fuses. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for to fix this? Or could the problem be more serious?
makaveddie81's Avatar makaveddie81 11:06 AM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers16 View Post
Are the i1 Display Colorimeters designed to be used with a plasma? Everything i've read about them states nothing about using them with a plasma, only LCD's.
Yes. Just make sure the meter doesnt make contact with the screen, as the heat coming from the screen will affect readings. You have to place the meter about 1 foot away from the screen.
RYANtheTIGER's Avatar RYANtheTIGER 11:07 AM 08-03-2014
I just moved and lost the brackets and screws that hold the speakers to my 9G Kuro Elite. Anyone know where I can buy replacement parts??
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 11:45 AM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYANtheTIGER View Post
I just moved and lost the brackets and screws that hold the speakers to my 9G Kuro Elite. Anyone know where I can buy replacement parts??
Unfortunately I believe the only place you're going to find these are at Pioneer.the part # sxg1166 1167 1168 1169 and they are $38 apiece to me that's a little bit pricey and the screw kit is sba1292 $4.75
RYANtheTIGER's Avatar RYANtheTIGER 12:34 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Unfortunately I believe the only place you're going to find these are at Pioneer.the part # sxg1166 1167 1168 1169 and they are $38 apiece to me that's a little bit pricey and the screw kit is sba1292 $4.75

Geez. Expensive loss. The wife doesn't want me going back to the bookshelves, bass, etc.

Looks like a soundbar might be the only option.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 12:56 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Geez. Expensive loss. The wife doesn't want me going back to the bookshelves, bass, etc.

Looks like a soundbar might be the only option.
You know that is a ridiculous price $38.00 for one now if it was $38.00 a pair that would be different. You're looking at over $160 just for the brackets and screws you can buy the whole speaker set from Pioneer for $266
Powers16's Avatar Powers16 03:23 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Yes. Just make sure the meter doesnt make contact with the screen, as the heat coming from the screen will affect readings. You have to place the meter about 1 foot away from the screen.

Ok good because I'm really interested in purchasing one and calibrating the TV myself. Any particular models that you recommend? I was looking at the X-Rite EODIS3 i1Display Pro on amazon for $215. I'm just unsure if I would end up actually needing all of the features so the ColorMunki model might possibly be a better choice for $160? My only concern is the ability either device to actually do a really good calibration, I want to really be satisfied with the picture afterwards.
RYANtheTIGER's Avatar RYANtheTIGER 03:38 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
You know that is a ridiculous price $38.00 for one now if it was $38.00 a pair that would be different. You're looking at over $160 just for the brackets and screws you can buy the whole speaker set from Pioneer for $266

Kinda disappointing. Super expensive TV and even more expensive replacement parts. It's just a bracket and screws that a hardware store could probably provide.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 04:13 PM 08-03-2014
Quote:
Kinda disappointing. Super expensive TV and even more expensive replacement parts. It's just a bracket and screws that a hardware store could probably provide.
I feel your pain
Renzo12 12:50 PM 08-04-2014
Kuro newbie here. I'm seeing a lot of used 6020s for sale at about half the price of a used 151/141/600M. How steep is the drop-off in quality? I know the 6020 isn't an Elite and likely doesn't have more advanced ISF/calibration settings, but I'm wondering if it's significant enough to warrant the additional expense. Anyone with info to share? Thanks in advance.
jmmesch's Avatar jmmesch 05:42 PM 08-04-2014
Get the 6020 and get the Elite board (info in this or the 9G thread) then you'll have a 151 w/o the Elite badge.
RYANtheTIGER's Avatar RYANtheTIGER 05:53 PM 08-04-2014
Ok guys ... Need your help bad. Moved the other day and now my Kuro won't turn back on. It was working fine before the move but not now. I've made sure it's plugged into the wall, tried multiple outlets, etc

Is there a fuse switch/button? Something that could cause this after being unplugged?
Tags: Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
First ... 1017  1018  1019 1020  1021  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop