The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1024 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #30691 of 30694 Old 11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34HFX83 View Post
This may sound dumb, but what should I use to detect persistent IR and dead pixels?

What do you use for IR and dead/stuck pixels?
There's no fast tool that I know of other than the ole Oculon Mark One!! Your eyeball should suffice for that.

Someone might be able to recommend some break-in slides that you could load up on an USB stick. The slides usually have monochromatic slides that rotate in playback on the display. Usually people use them for doing a fast and dirty break-in of a TV, but in this case, I don't see why it couldn't work for you. Instead of watching content on the screen and searching for the needle in a haystack, you would use these monochrome slides to ease the process of finding any dead pixels.

I'm not sure where the best places are to find break-in slide files.

Maybe the AVS brain trust might know.

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30692 of 30694 Old 11-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34HFX83 View Post
This may sound dumb, but what should I use to detect persistent IR and dead pixels?

What do you use for IR and dead/stuck pixels?
Use the solid color slides in post 1 from the below thread. Any burn in or stuck pixel(s) will stick out like a sore thumb.

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread
post #30693 of 30694 Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PRO-111FD Static Noise

I have a Pioneer Kuro PRO111FD that I bought in 2009 and just today it started making a noise. It sounded like a fluttering at first as if a moth were behind or inside the tv. When I got up close to it , it actually sounds like static jumping around. Definitely not the traditional buzz or hum associated with plasma TVs. It has only been going on for about an hour now but it doesn't seem to be consistent thus far in its intensity. There has been no noticeable impact on the picture. I may be worrying prematurely but I do not want to have to replace a TV when I'm not convinced there is an equivalent in the current market. I am just wondering if this is something that might go away. Is this something I should be concerned about? If anyone else has encountered this, is there a reasonable solution? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

post #30694 of 30694 Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus87 View Post
I have a Pioneer Kuro PRO111FD that I bought in 2009 and just today it started making a noise. It sounded like a fluttering at first as if a moth were behind or inside the tv. When I got up close to it , it actually sounds like static jumping around. Definitely not the traditional buzz or hum associated with plasma TVs. It has only been going on for about an hour now but it doesn't seem to be consistent thus far in its intensity. There has been no noticeable impact on the picture. I may be worrying prematurely but I do not want to have to replace a TV when I'm not convinced there is an equivalent in the current market. I am just wondering if this is something that might go away. Is this something I should be concerned about? If anyone else has encountered this, is there a reasonable solution? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
I've had a similar problem, check the sound clip from my old post about my issue and let us know if it sounds the same:

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread

That issue gave me such a headache, the sound was very clear during the tv's startup (around 10s or so), but then it would fade but still be there (becomes clear again when changing signals though). Since Kuros are no longer produced, I stopped using my set for months fearing I'd break it for good if I used it while it has this issue.

My local Pioneer repair shop was able to fix it, they diagnosed the issue (which is rare btw I barely got any decent feedback on the internet to fix it on my own), the technician told me they installed a modification part on the set, from what I understood it's kind of a seal/gasket thing around the unit, you can ask your local Pioneer repair shop to look into it if your problem is similar to what I had.

KRP-500M | Kuro 9G 5020FD + e-lite mod | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W 685 Center | B&W DM601 S3 Rears | HSU VTF3 MK3 Sub | Yamaha RX-V663 AVR
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page