The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1026 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #30751 of 30760 Old 12-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 91
this line that is 2 pixels wide and half the panel wide is a defect in the panel to I/C and not repairable, panel must be replaced, I would contact Pioneer and ask for a replacement , I would offer to pay part of the cost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30752 of 30760 Old 12-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
this line that is 2 pixels wide and half the panel wide is a defect in the panel to I/C and not repairable, panel must be replaced, I would contact Pioneer and ask for a replacement , I would offer to pay part of the cost
With the ridiculous price that I expect Pioneer to impose, the owner is better off buying another Kuro (one with a realistic price and no defects).

I swear I laugh hysterically when I see 5020s and 6020s ( and 506PUs lol) priced at 2gs on ebay and cl.
post #30753 of 30760 Old 12-21-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I sold a 111FD for under $1k in 2013. That was fair because it was beginning to show some signs of uneven letterbox wear.
post #30754 of 30760 Old 12-22-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjewel View Post
I sold a 111FD for under $1k in 2013. That was fair because it was beginning to show some signs of uneven letterbox wear.
How does this happen on kuros? They're suppose to be the best at handling IR and BI. I don't even use the orbiter and i watch TV and blurays without worrying about it. Still have a uniform picture.

home theater addict
post #30755 of 30760 Old 12-23-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
How does this happen on kuros? They're suppose to be the best at handling IR and BI. I don't even use the orbiter and i watch TV and blurays without worrying about it. Still have a uniform picture.
Former member Vinnie stated that his 500m also had some uneven wear after 4 years. I wonder if those folks exclusively watch blu-ray's since over 90% of those have black bar.

I have a minimum of one hour a day full screen content with everthing else being blu-ray's and i expect uneven wear within four years.
craigyboy likes this.
post #30756 of 30760 Old 12-23-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post
Former member Vinnie stated that his 500m also had some uneven wear after 4 years. I wonder if those folks exclusively watch blu-ray's since over 90% of those have black bar.

I have a minimum of one hour a day full screen content with everthing else being blu-ray's and i expect uneven wear within four years.
totally agree with that

post #30757 of 30760 Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Hm. I've had my 111 for 6 years now and haven't noticed any wear. I watch a variety of material and a variety of aspect ratios. I don't watch much TV, I admit, and letterboxed movies aren't that frequent. Still, now that you mention this I will keep an eye out for any sign of unevenness with the picture.
post #30758 of 30760 Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
I probably used it to watch 60-70% Blu-ray content. Unfortunately, the possibility is there since it's still inherently plasma and subject to uneven wear. That doesn't take away from everything else great that it does, and yes, probably the best ever at IR resilience. Long-term, though, it's ultimately subject to physics like everything else.
post #30759 of 30760 Old Today, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Hm. I've had my 111 for 6 years now and haven't noticed any wear. I watch a variety of material and a variety of aspect ratios. I don't watch much TV, I admit, and letterboxed movies aren't that frequent. Still, now that you mention this I will keep an eye out for any sign of unevenness with the picture.
You can start by checking logo and black bar burn-in. Make the room as dark as possible. When there is a dark scene you might notice darker spots (were lots of static logo's stuff etc.. has been) or darker lines (at the edge were the black bars meets the content). There also might be darker spots or streaks which are not content related which have been there from day one.
post #30760 of 30760 Old Today, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
You can start by checking logo and black bar burn-in. Make the room as dark as possible. When there is a dark scene you might notice darker spots (were lots of static logo's stuff etc.. has been) or darker lines (at the edge were the black bars meets the content). There also might be darker spots or streaks which are not content related which have been there from day one.
I'm not at home now, but saw none of that before I left. I will still keep an eye out. Thanks.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page