The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1028 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #30811 of 30814 Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My 111FD would have approximately 18 -20000 hours of use. Build date Jun 2008.

An the start of use, I just played a variety of 16:9 programming for the initial 250 hours or so, no slides. No ISF calibration, just running in pure mode, contrast 27 (in a light controlled room - no windows.)

I have not had any real problems with this display, but at one point early in it's life, I seem to have had a stuck red pixel for a few minutes, otherwise flawless (happened to be looking at the screen...then saw it go away!)......but I do indeed have the dreaded red tint in the blacks. Strangely, sometimes it
appears to be "perfect", with very little if any tint and at other times it is noticeable, but I believe I am used to it and can "tune" it out.

A fantastic display, I am glad I made the "investment" in an expensive unit vs a cheaper LCD. I am hoping I do not have any catastrophic failures until OLED gets a little more well established......

Cheers,
P.E.H.

Last edited by phannon; Yesterday at 01:38 PM. Reason: addition of build date
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30812 of 30814 Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post
Yes. Once the set is on in the day I leave it on; but turn off the screen when not viewing . For example I watch a sports event on Sunday at 1:00. Game over so screen goes off. I have dinner and then come back to watch evening TV. Screen goes back on. This way I decrease on and offs but still save time on the screen. None-the-less I must have over 25000 hours on the screen with 40000 hours plus on the set.

The fan is an ultra silent one that exhausts through my wall. I drilled several holes in the wall and then placed the fan over it.
I have a over 1100 power cycles on my 151. I'm going to get an extra power supply in case something happens. Not really expecting anything to though from just the power cycles (knock on wood). I don't turn it on multiple times a day. When i'm done watching something that's pretty much it for the day.

Does turning it off stress it too since it has to shut everything down? I notice sometimes when i turn it on and i try to use the remote it says it's "starting up please wait" or something like that. Other times i can operate the TV immediately.

home theater addict

Last edited by saprano; Yesterday at 04:58 PM.
post #30813 of 30814 Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
I have a over 1100 power cycles on my 151. I'm going to get an extra power supply in case something happens. Not really expecting anything to though from just the power cycles (knock on wood). I don't turn it on multiple times a day. When i'm done watching something that's pretty much it for the day.

Does turning it off stress it too since it has to shut everything down? I notice sometimes when i turn it on and i try to use the remote it says it's "starting up please wait" or something like that. Other times i can operate the TV immediately.
I am not sure if it is better. However for my computer leaving it on makes sense for long time use. Since the 151's innards are like a computer , I assume that leaving it on can not hurt and may help.

Last edited by jmschnur; Yesterday at 05:09 PM. Reason: Mis spelling
post #30814 of 30814 Old Today, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaband View Post
I've had a similar problem, check the sound clip from my old post about my issue and let us know if it sounds the same:

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread

That issue gave me such a headache, the sound was very clear during the tv's startup (around 10s or so), but then it would fade but still be there (becomes clear again when changing signals though). Since Kuros are no longer produced, I stopped using my set for months fearing I'd break it for good if I used it while it has this issue.

My local Pioneer repair shop was able to fix it, they diagnosed the issue (which is rare btw I barely got any decent feedback on the internet to fix it on my own), the technician told me they installed a modification part on the set, from what I understood it's kind of a seal/gasket thing around the unit, you can ask your local Pioneer repair shop to look into it if your problem is similar to what I had.
Hey thanks for the quick response and sorry it took me years to write back. That sound clip sounds pretty much like what I was experiencing. Weirdly after my initial panic attack, the noise stopped occurring during the entire time the tv was on (after maybe a week or so) and now only occurs when the tv is initially turned on for the first few seconds. Since you had yours repaired do you know if the issue will cause any problems if left unfixed? It's not bothering me now that it only occurs during bootup. I'll leave well enough alone if its not an indicator of greater future issues. If I do need to get it fixed, how did you go about finding a reliable Pioneer repair shop? Thanks again for your info and sorry on the delayed response.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page