The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1033 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It's been almost a month since I got my 111FD calibrated by chadb.

Here's my impressions:

1. ISF "night" is my replacement to Pure Mode. I find 38-39 ft/L "night" mode perfectly acceptable with lights turned off in the living room. My living room is not 100% dark due to the arch-style windows (2) that lets in lights from streetlights. What actually bothers me is the blue LED indicators in this TV and DirecTV box when watching late at night.

2. The 63 ft/L ISF "day" mode is glorious with live events and sports such as Money-Pac bout and NBA playoffs. I've yet to see videos that "pop" and yet look very color-accurate at the same time... until now. To me sports and live events is only watchable in ISF day now.

3. Yikes 111FD turns really hot if left in ISF day for 18 hours My 111FD gets ~18 hours a day (it's my parents who spend most of the time watching in day time) and I gotta make sure I set this plasma display in "nite" mode before I leave to go to work.

4. Despite the concerns mentioned above about over-driving my panel in ISF day mode, I've yet to see a heavy temporary IR.

50 inch Panasonic Viera G20
46 inch Panasonic Viera G10
50 inch Pioneer Elite 111FD (ISF-Calibrated by Chad B)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd