The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1034 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #30991 of 31008 Old 06-17-2015, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
well my 151 elite has magenta colored streaks from the center of the screen towards the edge of the screen And something else I noticed this TV get Image retention very easy. Now we're talking about TV that has only 945 hours on it. Contacted Pioneer because I still have eight months of warranty left they told me I would have to take the TV to repair center because they no longer pay for in-home service even though the TV still under warranty. Contacted the closest repair center which is about an hour away from where I live. Talk to a gentleman there who had work on a 6020 model i had he said he wouldn't be able to work on my TV because it's a hassle to get reimbursed from Pioneer after describing the problem I was having with my elite he didn't give me any encouraging news he said it's most likely the plasma display panel. I think I've had every bad plasma TV they've made LOL
Oh wow again????? Dude Pioneer has to fix it or give you a new TV. It's under warranty. By law they have to. BS talking about they don't pay for service. They have no choice.

I think they're giving you their lowest quality models on purpose.

home theater addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #30992 of 31008 Old 06-17-2015, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
Oh wow again????? Dude Pioneer has to fix it or give you a new TV. It's under warranty. By law they have to. BS talking about they don't pay for service. They have no choice.

I think they're giving you their lowest quality models on purpose.
Yeah i have never heard of a TV that's under warranty and they won't do an in-home service call. The service tech I talk to today said pioneer used to be a good Company to do work for but he told me they want you to replace a bunch of boards on the tv which the service company has to pay for and then wait to be reimbursed from Pioneer he said it's too big of a hassle for them so therefore he doesn't even want work on the TV he doesn't even want to look at it. I was going to have the TV calibrated a few months ago by the D-nice a couple things came up on his end where he couldn't make it then I had some health issues so it never got calibrated thank God that would've been a waste of $420.

Last edited by rcapprotti; 06-18-2015 at 09:05 AM.
post #30993 of 31008 Old 06-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Yeah i have never heard of a TV that's under warranty and they won't do an in-home service call. The service tech I talk to today said pioneer used to be a good Company to do work for but he told me they want you to replace a bunch of boards on the tv which the service company has to pay for and then wait to be reimbursed from Pioneer he said it's too big of a hassle for them so therefore he doesn't even want work on the TV he doesn't even want to look at it. I was going to have the TV calibrated a few months ago by the D-nice a couple things came up on his end where he couldn't make it then I had some health issues so it never got calibrated thank God that would've been waste of $420.
I had to drive 100 miles one way to get my Pioneer replaced under factory warranty .

I would check out a used power supply as the price is not to bad , if you feel you want to try and fix it yourself
post #30994 of 31008 Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
I had to drive 100 miles one way to get my Pioneer replaced under factory warranty .

I would check out a used power supply as the price is not to bad , if you feel you want to try and fix it yourself
I don't want to open up the tv while it's still under warranty because I'm sure that would void the warranty. The closest pioneer repair center from my home is in Orlando that's about 80 miles from me

Last edited by rcapprotti; 06-18-2015 at 09:04 AM.
post #30995 of 31008 Old 06-19-2015, 06:38 PM

Well I talked to Person in Pioneers warranty department about my ongoing saga of my 151 and tried to get them to take care of the in home service call.they told me in no uncertain terms that they would not pay for a service call that they will only cover repairs on the TV. So I called three authorized Pioneer service repair centers gave them a description of the problem that I was having with my TV they said buy the description I was giving them That it was most likely a bad plasma panel. And only one of them was willing to make a service call to my home but at a high price they charge you $65 per hour they're driving which is about a four hour round-trip and $125 for the service call itself. He was under the impression that pioneer was going reimburse me for the service call when I told them that they were not going to do that so he said to give him a call when I was coming and he would even meet me after hour to look at the TV And try to make a determination what was wrong with it. So hopefully when he looks at the tv he can Tell me if it needs to be replaced or repaired. It has image retention so bad that as soon as you put something up like for instance the menu from your Blu-ray Player or even when you first turn the TV on it tell you What input you're on and that it is a 1080p those images will what instantly appear and the only way that you get rid of them is to shut the TV down and turn it back on. It's a shame that a two used 8th generation elite worked perfect and this is the third 9th generation one that's giving me problems. Makes me seriously think about just asking for a refund if the plasma panel is bad but I'm sure if it came to that pioneer would not give me a dime back just another TV well at least I'm helping them empty out their warehouse lol
post #30996 of 31008 Old 06-20-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarelaxer View Post
Pioneer is a horrible company in terms of honesty, and folks working for them. I know it is not polite to test a person's honesty by asking them a question they know, and seeing if they answer it on the up and up, to see if they are honest. yup might even be worse than lying, but it is a great bs meter, and you need one today. As for great people, this board defines that, save trolls that I suspect troll every single board of every type of topic. From Carlos to Clvland Chris, to ED, to many others, you guys are quality no nonsense good people from the posts I've read while lurking...moohahaha the shadow knows, well actually he does not know and why he reads avs board. The capatin of my football team in HS was not a loud guy, but a sweet guy. He was also the toughest guy in the room, and went on to captain harvard. Tough talk does not a tough person make, just as patronizing remarks don't make a person's IQ soar, they just make that person not very likable. Yes kidding is always a bit welcome as if you can't take a joke or two, these type of boards are not for you.

Sorry off topic a bit, but the fact PIONEER will not even continue to make aww1353 boards, and have stopped making them all togtether just reeks of idiocy, the worse customer service ever, and meanness. Why not be PROUD of the kuro, has Pioneer ever made anything better? Sigh, I am so frustrated trying to track down one of these things. yes I may do the solder work, as I have many friends more than handy with a soldering iron. But I can still get it to work, WITH a few rituals, and even though a pain, and what if the soldering goes bad like that other poor guy? Then you are 100% junked, unless you can pull an aww1353 from your dogs bum.

I saw the sony 940 C yesterday, and am getting it, as yes there may be better sets, but this thing has everything i want, and in a year or so, when all the apps get sorted, it will be better. I understand black levels etc. are more than key, and this is the AVS forum, but I just want her to look amazing, and sound as good as a TV can. The sony 940 c does this. Sorry end of Sony mention.

The pro151fd kuro is the best TV I will ever ever own, but dealing with the Pioneer folks lying blatantly, it just gets to a point, why bother. Actually I waited a few weeks, as I knew they were sold out anyway, but figured I'd try and maybe get lucky. They don't even have a tech, nearest one they subcontract to is in maine and I'm in MA. Guy tells me to haul it in. So I ask anyway we could just do a few other checks just to make sure the blue light special of 8 is due to the aww1353, and man did he fight me on it. I stayed calm, and he lies, and goes OK I'll have the tech call you tomorrow. That was two days ago.

I love this TV, and have seen a champioship of every type on it from my Boston teams. No way I'm ever throwing her out or not doing everything humanly possible to solve the problem. yup started when the inputs switching made her blink, then I ordered a new remote as that got toasted somehow. If i do fix it, sure i might sell it for charity, my nephew beat leukemia, knock knock, and my dad passed from cancer, so my fave charity.

Sorry if not a right place to ask, but if not the aww1353 board, could someone give me, off the record so i'm not gonna say but you told me, what other issues might cause the power off and 8 blinks of blue h###. I checked all the speaker wires for crossing, all good, and have given her a once over. No I did not open her as want to avoid that until I am sitting in front of it with detailed notes and a plan written down, and accompanied with the best electrician and tech I have as a friend. Again sorry if wrong place to ask. I'm gonna do the power test tomorrow with the volt meter like that god/hero does in his you tube to see if that part is fried. I do have 3 of them I just got for under 5 bucks, but as long as I unplug, and do a ritual before turning her off, she has usually worked without the reset delay, but it gets old. Luckily, I'm an idiot and am fine watching it in optimum mode as i know you purists may find me daft, but i like pop that is clear as a newborns conscience. Thanks again everyone.

Folks may be like why not just buy a $1500 70 to 80 inch sharp etc., if you are not as picky as some, or if you choose to be an idiot in terms of settings (I know I kid myself, but setting are personal preference, and even with the pure on the setttings i got years ago fom here ala the amazing D Nice, I like optimum better.) Well we all like to sit in different areas in the ball park or at shows, and why we like said area or why we do sit there varies from person to person in many instances. That is the best analogy I can offer to why we like different modes sometimes as a group of individuals. I like to sit close at shows, as even if i do close my eyes to let the music set in, at least when i open them I see the band and not me 25 years ago hammered, i.e. a drunk teenager. Plus the motion tracking on the Kuro is easily the best i have ever seen. From the accent I do not have, the sarcastic BS we like to throw around, to the driving madness, we M*******s are not the kindest folk, but we are loyal as they come, almost to a fault. OK sorry for the extra comments and emotion, just to see my baby go for a part that is only a dollar and change, if it is the aww1353 casusing the issue, on principal alone I cannot do it. If/When-knock knock, I do get the Sony, I may be willing to sell the kuro, 1515fd, but as is, with the bling blue, and of course that would be reflected in price. Or if I fix it, and love the sony, I my sell it too, as yes it is the best but it might make a person happy, and allow me to give whatever to charity.

PS they sell panles for 4g, would it not be smart to buy a few panels and other components that set this TV apart, then maybe get the best parts for the areas she is not all that (but she is,but anyway). people build their own computers, why not their own plasmas, and the panels are a hug part of the Kuro's excellence no? Finally when pioneer saw they were selling out on the aww1353, why not just make more and charge more????? I'd buy 2 or 3 at twice the price as then my TV would be good to go until I go. I really though this would be the last TV I bought until I retired.

Please switch to the appropriate forum if an issue as i see this is a sony thread and thought she ws a kuro thread, sorry folks
what
post #30997 of 31008 Old 06-20-2015, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Are you confused with me or Pioneer? Thanks
post #30998 of 31008 Old 06-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Pro-111FD and I just got a XBOX One and there is a setting in the options for color space and since it has PC RGB full range I picked that, but I noticed the display was a little dark and it was because the TV wasnt detecting this full range RGB and when I go to Menu > Settings > Option > HDMI Input > Video - its set to Auto but if I put it on Color-4 it now displays correctly showing properly in the XBOX One calibration settings

why isnt the TV detecting that the XBOX One is outputting full range RGB when the TV is set to Auto mode?

I can change this but for the time being I dont have enough HDMI ports so I ma sharing this one with my DTV box and that means I have to change it back to Auto (or Color-3 which is the limited RGB) for normal TV to look proper

can anyone help me figure this out, from what I remember the PS3 also has full range RGB and I had to do the same thing then also, the TV didnt detect it even though it was in Auto mode

I want the retro skin back please
post #30999 of 31008 Old 06-22-2015, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
I have a Pro-111FD and I just got a XBOX One and there is a setting in the options for color space and since it has PC RGB full range I picked that, but I noticed the display was a little dark and it was because the TV wasnt detecting this full range RGB and when I go to Menu > Settings > Option > HDMI Input > Video - its set to Auto but if I put it on Color-4 it now displays correctly showing properly in the XBOX One calibration settings

why isnt the TV detecting that the XBOX One is outputting full range RGB when the TV is set to Auto mode?

I can change this but for the time being I dont have enough HDMI ports so I ma sharing this one with my DTV box and that means I have to change it back to Auto (or Color-3 which is the limited RGB) for normal TV to look proper

can anyone help me figure this out, from what I remember the PS3 also has full range RGB and I had to do the same thing then also, the TV didnt detect it even though it was in Auto mode
Not sure about the 111, but the 141 has an issue with that AUTO setting. With my 141, I manually set the color on each device to RGB limited and then set my 141's HMDI inputs to RGB limited. BTW, this includes my Xbone.
post #31000 of 31008 Old 06-25-2015, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Quote:
Well I talked to Person in Pioneers warranty department about my ongoing saga of my 151 and tried to get them to take care of the in home service call.they told me in no uncertain terms that they would not pay for a service call that they will only cover repairs on the TV. So I called three authorized Pioneer service repair centers gave them a description of the problem that I was having with my TV they said buy the description I was giving them That it was most likely a bad plasma panel. And only one of them was willing to make a service call to my home but at a high price they charge you $65 per hour they're driving which is about a four hour round-trip and $125 for the service call itself. He was under the impression that pioneer was going reimburse me for the service call when I told them that they were not going to do that so he said to give him a call when I was coming and he would even meet me after hour to look at the TV And try to make a determination what was wrong with it. So hopefully when he looks at the tv he can Tell me if it needs to be replaced or repaired. It has image retention so bad that as soon as you put something up like for instance the menu from your Blu-ray Player or even when you first turn the TV on it tell you What input you're on and that it is a 1080p those images will what instantly appear and the only way that you get rid of them is to shut the TV down and turn it back on. It's a shame that a two used 8th generation elite worked perfect and this is the third 9th generation one that's giving me problems. Makes me seriously think about just asking for a refund if the plasma panel is bad but I'm sure if it came to that pioneer would not give me a dime back just another TV well at least I'm helping them empty out their warehouse lol
What's the build date on your 151? I wonder if your getting displays with the worse QC that D-Nice was talking about.

home theater addict
post #31001 of 31008 Old 06-25-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
What's the build date on your 151? I wonder if your getting displays with the worse QC that D-Nice was talking about.
The build date is February 2009. The 6020 that they replaced it with was March 2010 and I believe D-nice said that was the last month they made any plasma TVs from Pioneer. Right now pioneers playing a little hardball with me
post #31002 of 31008 Old 06-25-2015, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 197
Quote:
The build date is February 2009. The 6020 that they replaced it with was March 2010 and I believe D-nice said that was the last month they made any plasma TVs from Pioneer. Right now pioneers playing a little hardball with me
On one hand, a late 2009 build means that it was manufactured in the same plant as the 500M and 101fd, making it one of the fabled 9.5G 60 inchers. On the other hand, it also falls into date range where QA went downhill.

I've had one late 2009 build Kuro (a 101fd) and ended up selling it as the bottom area of the screen was always lighter than the rest of the screen, even after tweaking and "safe" reset.
post #31003 of 31008 Old 06-25-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post
On one hand, a late 2009 build means that it was manufactured in the same plant as the 500M and 101fd, making it one of the fabled 9.5G 60 inchers. On the other hand, it also falls into date range where QA went downhill.

I've had one late 2009 build Kuro (a 101fd) and ended up selling it as the bottom area of the screen was always lighter than the rest of the screen, even after tweaking and "safe" reset.
my 151 is lighter at the top and bottom like 16.9 bars have been slightly burned in. I try to avoid Widescreen movies as much as possible and if I Watch a movie in widescreen I run the video pattern right after. Another interesting thing this crazy TV is doing is I set the TV to orbiter 2 three times after I powered the TV off it has reset itself to orbiter one don't ask me how or why the first 6020 I had did the same thing but it would change what Mode you had the TV in for instance I will usually watch it in standard mode and several times when I power the TV back on in the morning it was in a different Setting like movie mode. And there is where all of my troubles began. Because Pioneer had to do a factory reset and after that I had purple dots on the television when you go from a dark scene to a light scene and a movie or TV show

Last edited by rcapprotti; 06-26-2015 at 04:52 AM.
post #31004 of 31008 Old 06-25-2015, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Tonight, my Pro-111FD developed a single red pixel that flickers depending on the displayed content.

Any suggestions?

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!
post #31005 of 31008 Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post
Tonight, my Pro-111FD developed a single red pixel that flickers depending on the displayed content.

Any suggestions?
This is what the manual says:

"In rare cases, some pixels can be permanently switched off, or on, resulting in either a black or colored pixel permanently fixed on the screen. This effect is common to all plasma displays because it is a consequence of the technology.
If the defective pixels are visible at the standard viewing distance of between 2.5 and 3.5 meters (8.2 feet and 11.5 feet) while viewing a normal broadcast (i.e. not a test card, still image, or single color display) please immediately contact Pioneer Customer Support (USA) or Customer Satisfaction (CANADA). See inside back cover for contact information. If, however, the faulty pixels can only be seen close up or during single color displays then this is considered normal for this technology."
post #31006 of 31008 Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

Any suggestions?
Pause a scene where the pixel is lit, use a black cd pen and mask the pixel with it so that you don't see it anymore. I did it on mine which has a green lit pixel. It's far less distracting to have a little black dot that will look like a little insect on bright scenes, than a lit pixel.
post #31007 of 31008 Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 197
Quote:

Any suggestions?
If you are familiar with voltage offset adjustments, lowering yknofsad or vol sus should do the trick.
post #31008 of 31008 Old Today, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Don't mess up with voltages if your screen is otherwise working perfectly. Mask the pixel, that's your best shot.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread