The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1037 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #31081 of 31087 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
ALP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
I've tried the download and it didn't work for me either. That's why suggested calling Pioneers Parts Department and they will send you a USB stick free with your download and instructions. Takes about for five days to get to you by mail
Thank you, I spoke with someone at Pioneer today, but he had no idea what I was doing wrong, in fact he said I was doing everthing right. I will try the Parts Department tomorrow.

Tony Plachy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31082 of 31087 Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks ALP! I'll check it out.

"Guns at dawn, swords at dusk."
post #31083 of 31087 Old Today, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
I've tried the download and it didn't work for me either. That's why suggested calling Pioneers Parts Department and they will send you a USB stick free with your download and instructions. Takes about for five days to get to you by mail
You can do the firmware update yourself but will you need an older USB stick that was manufactured between 2008-2010. The reason is back then the USB sticks had no partitions. If you try to update with a newer USB stick from today it will see the partitions and the firmware update will automatically fail. What I did was find a USB stick from 2009, made sure it was empty, carefully followed the instructions and bingo my Kuro blinked at the end of the process stating the following "Firmware Update was successful".

In Canada, Pioneer will not mail us the USB firmware stick. When I asked why, they stated that in Canada these things are handled differently.
post #31084 of 31087 Old Today, 10:21 AM
ALP

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
You can do the firmware update yourself but will you need an older USB stick that was manufactured between 2008-2010. The reason is back then the USB sticks had no partitions. If you try to update with a newer USB stick from today it will see the partitions and the firmware update will automatically fail. What I did was find a USB stick from 2009, made sure it was empty, carefully followed the instructions and bingo my Kuro blinked at the end of the process stating the following "Firmware Update was successful".

In Canada, Pioneer will not mail us the USB firmware stick. When I asked why, they stated that in Canada these things are handled differently.
We tried three different USB sticks, but none of them worked. And trying to find one that I am sure was made in 2008 or 2009 is almost impossible. I called Pioneer Parts (USA) and they are mailing me a USB stick which they still have in stock with the update. I sure hope it works.

Tony Plachy
post #31085 of 31087 Old Today, 01:33 PM

Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
We tried three different USB sticks, but none of them worked. And trying to find one that I am sure was made in 2008 or 2009 is almost impossible. I called Pioneer Parts (USA) and they are mailing me a USB stick which they still have in stock with the update. I sure hope it works.
It should work and the instructions are pretty simple
post #31086 of 31087 Old Today, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 367
What does the tuner update do?

home theater addict
post #31087 of 31087 Old Today, 06:59 PM

Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
What does the tuner update do?
I believe it's to display correct information on the channel banner if you're using the television tuner. I think this update corrects a few other glitches if I remember correctly
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread