The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1057 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 1055  1056  1057
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 11:32 AM 07-06-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Don't want to give you false hope (so I won't blow smoke up your...), but buzzing typically emanates from a failing power supply, perhaps a bulging capacitor?
Replacing the power supply card should be a reasonable do it yourself job if you can use a screw driver and have a lot of patients/patience.

video_analysis 12:30 PM 07-06-2016
I have neither patients nor the patience (actually, it's more down to the lack of nerve and steady hands due to chronic tendinitis/tendinosis).
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 12:36 PM 07-06-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I have neither patients nor the patience (actually, it's more down to the lack of nerve and steady hands due to chronic tendinitis/tendinosis).

How about a power screw driver?
saprano's Avatar saprano 10:04 AM 07-11-2016
Is there any way to turn on the fans in the service menu? Or is fan use only available on the european models?
ll Viper ll's Avatar ll Viper ll 02:33 PM 07-11-2016
I have this exact same question for a regular old 5020 (American model)...the one I picked up cheap in CL and had fixed runs pretty hot...like 10-15 degrees hotter than my other 5020
8mile13's Avatar 8mile13 03:34 PM 07-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
Is there any way to turn on the fans in the service menu? Or is fan use only available on the european models?
According my 500M manual the fans automatically turn on (and off), there is no fan option in the menu.
saprano's Avatar saprano 04:37 PM 07-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Viper ll View Post
I have this exact same question for a regular old 5020 (American model)...the one I picked up cheap in CL and had fixed runs pretty hot...like 10-15 degrees hotter than my other 5020
My 151 runs at average temperature. It's summer now so it can get a bit warmer, but nothing unusual or to worry about.

Heat is not the reason why i want to turn them on. I want to because i've never seen them run, and to have the option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 View Post
According my 500M manual the fans automatically turn on (and off), there is no fan option in the menu.
For those models you can use your remote and another way from what i read.
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 05:27 PM 07-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
My 151 runs at average temperature. It's summer now so it can get a bit warmer, but nothing unusual or to worry about.

Heat is not the reason why i want to turn them on. I want to because i've never seen them run, and to have the option.

For those models you can use your remote and another way from what i read.
I don't know about the 151 but 141 and you can turn the fans on to run all the time
ll Viper ll's Avatar ll Viper ll 07:22 PM 07-11-2016
Do you know the command for the service menu? I've tried ones I've found in various pioneer service menu manuals and none have worked...
rcapprotti's Avatar rcapprotti 08:52 PM 07-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Viper ll View Post
Do you know the command for the service menu? I've tried ones I've found in various pioneer service menu manuals and none have worked...
the 141 menu is quite a bit different then the 151 you can turn the fans on with the remote that came with the TV
xlc210's Avatar xlc210 06:38 PM 07-12-2016
It's the integrator menu. It will reset your pure mode settings once you enter so be sure to write them down.
ll Viper ll's Avatar ll Viper ll 06:48 PM 07-12-2016
Is this accessible on the non-monitor 9g kuros?

I've gotten to a screen in the service menu which resembled something someone referenced as the integrator screen but couldn't seem to change anything
Tags: Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
First ... 1055  1056  1057

Up