The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1058 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 182Likes

post #31711 of 31724 Old 08-13-2016, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post
Kuros are very stable. Panasonic 60 series need much more frequent touch ups. A lot depends on the owner and how picky they are to subtle color shifts, but I think every 2-3 years for a Kuro, maybe 1-2 times a year for Panny 60 series, and somewhere in between for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would agree. My 101FD was re-calibrated by Kevin Miller in 2013, five years after the first calibration (also by KM). I hadn't noticed anything wrong particularly, but thought it was a good time to refresh things. Except for a slight shift in the red, nothing much had changed.

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, JJ, Mirage, Kimber, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Wireworld, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus, Conntek, VooDoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31712 of 31724 Old 08-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 151
[QUOTE=justinnum1;46026097]Hey guys, i have a 101fd, with about 15k hours on it. It looks like the AR coating is coming off the screen, has no affect when watching, especially in a dark environment,(i baby this TV so it's only used for limited hours during the evening.

I am going to include some pictures,

Is it the ar coating peeling off? anything i can do?

Sure its not something ON the screen ? I have never seen the coating peel on 101 before
post #31713 of 31724 Old 08-13-2016, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=qwknuf6;46027489]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Hey guys, i have a 101fd, with about 15k hours on it. It looks like the AR coating is coming off the screen, has no affect when watching, especially in a dark environment,(i baby this TV so it's only used for limited hours during the evening.

I am going to include some pictures,

Is it the ar coating peeling off? anything i can do?

Sure its not something ON the screen ? I have never seen the coating peel on 101 before
It could be something on the screen, a little scared to futz with it...

not noticeable when the tv is on
post #31714 of 31724 Old 08-13-2016, 11:18 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 862 Post(s)
Liked: 1941
[quote=justinnum1;46027673]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post

not noticeable when the tv is on
Let it be ... Let it be ... Let it be
post #31715 of 31724 Old 08-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 151
If you can feel it with your finger and you think it is something on the screen ,I would unplug the 101 , make sure it is cool , take a soft micro fiber towel ,slightly damp with distilled water and wipe the area with medium pressure , have a dry micro fiber towel ready to dry as soon as you can , I clean my Pioneer PDPs like this about once every 2 years or so with no ill effects .
Good Luck
makaveddie81 likes this.
post #31716 of 31724 Old 08-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
If you can feel it with your finger and you think it is something on the screen ,I would unplug the 101 , make sure it is cool , take a soft micro fiber towel ,slightly damp with distilled water and wipe the area with medium pressure , have a dry micro fiber towel ready to dry as soon as you can , I clean my Pioneer PDPs like this about once every 2 years or so with no ill effects .
Good Luck
I do the same thing when my wife insists.
skip61 likes this.
post #31717 of 31724 Old 08-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 535
My Pro111-FD is getting a HDPC error when using a Roku 3 on Amazon Prime.

Error states HD Video isnt available due to display or cable not meeting content protection. This occurs either from too old display or worn out HDMI cable.

I have changed cables, tried reversing cables, tried different port as suggested on the error message.

The Roku is connected to an Anthem MRX510 and then to the Pioneer.

Is this my display, old cables or some other issue and will I get this issue elsewhere while streaming? I tend to not stream too much.
post #31718 of 31724 Old 08-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
My Pro111-FD is getting a HDPC error when using a Roku 3 on Amazon Prime.

Error states HD Video isnt available due to display or cable not meeting content protection. This occurs either from too old display or worn out HDMI cable.

I have changed cables, tried reversing cables, tried different port as suggested on the error message.

The Roku is connected to an Anthem MRX510 and then to the Pioneer.

Is this my display, old cables or some other issue and will I get this issue elsewhere while streaming? I tend to not stream too much.
Have you tried a diagnosis connection of your Roku directly to the display? Both sides of both ends of an HDMI cable connection can potentially be effected by the strain of gravity over a number of years.

How is your Roku connected to the Internet? If you have a Blu-ray player, is it working? A cable box?
post #31719 of 31724 Old 08-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Have you tried a diagnosis connection of your Roku directly to the display? Both sides of both ends of an HDMI cable connection can potentially be effected by the strain of gravity over a number of years.

How is your Roku connected to the Internet? If you have a Blu-ray player, is it working? A cable box?
Havnt tried a direct connect from the Roku to ths display...I will though

The Roku is connected wirelessly. I do have an HD cable box and an Xbox 360 and Oppo BDP-83 with no issues. All connect through the AVR then to the display as well as the Roku.
post #31720 of 31724 Old 08-19-2016, 12:31 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Havnt tried a direct connect from the Roku to ths display...I will though

The Roku is connected wirelessly. I do have an HD cable box and an Xbox 360 and Oppo BDP-83 with no issues. All connect through the AVR then to the display as well as the Roku.
That information eliminates a lot of possible causes of your problem. Is an Ethernet connection possible for your Roku?
post #31721 of 31724 Old 08-19-2016, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That information eliminates a lot of possible causes of your problem. Is an Ethernet connection possible for your Roku?
Tried a direct connect to the display-same error.

I do have a long ethernet cable that I can run and see if that is the issue but using my laptop on the same wireless connection and I am getting a consistent minimum of 35mb download speeds.

Just ran speedtest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speedtest.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1612513  
post #31722 of 31724 Old 08-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Coyote Waits

Quote:
Tried a direct connect to the display-same error.

I do have a long ethernet cable that I can run and see if that is the issue but using my laptop on the same wireless connection and I am getting a consistent minimum of 35mb download speeds.

Just ran speedtest
If it's not your AVR or your cables then that seems to leave your Wi-Fi or your Roku.
post #31723 of 31724 Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all, I picked up an LX609a (Australian model, not sure what the equivalent US model is) not too long ago. There is a bit of a red tint to the blacks, I've seen all the guides here to resolve the issue, but there is a problem - I can't get into the service menu. I think it must be locked somehow? I managed to get into the service menu of a friends 608, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly. Apparently this TV was calibrated professionally at some stage, maybe the technician locked it? Does anyone know if there is such a lock, and if so, how to unlock it?
post #31724 of 31724 Old Today, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If it's not your AVR or your cables then that seems to leave your Wi-Fi or your Roku.

I am starting to think it was Amazon. Last night I tried a movie (Interstellar) just to test movies on Amazon. I got the HDCP error and then it went away before I could hit OK. The AVR showed 1080P and DD for audio-surround sound and sub woofers were all working.

I then went back to 24, Season 1 Episode 1 and no HDPC error, although audio is 2.0 PCM-no surround listed on Amazon but showing 1080P on the AVR.

Now that I think of it, the AVR may have showed 1080P even with the Error.

Thankfully I dont stream much.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread