Originally Posted by knewknowit
Great looking workflow. Can you share the 60" one? I have a 141fd with around 17k and a lot of red tint. I'd like to test a reset and see if the improvements are worth it. I currently use ControlCal to make changes. Also, what is the standby button on the remote? (top left button?)
60 inch reset workflow. Like the 50 inch version, calibration will be needed after this workflow.
1. go to etc > digital eeprom > delete
2. hold enter button for 5 seconds
3. red led turns on and blue led flashes
4. go to panel information screen
5. dig. eep should say no data!
6. backup should say adjusted
7. reset pulse meter
8. put tv on standby and take it out of standby.
9. Perform Post Reset Adjustment.
Post Reset Adjustment
1. Access factory menu.
2. Set RSTP to 1.
3. Display Combi Mask 10.
4. Raise SAD in 10 tick increments until Combi Mask 10 is clear of misfires. 228 was the appropriate value for both my 141fd's.
5. Lower S1 from 86 to 1 to remove sparkles near black. Black clipping pattern from AVSHD709 can be used to see the effect of this adjustment.
6. Raise brightness to compensate for black clipping. One or two ticks should be good.
7. Exit factory mode.
8. Perform Keep Changes or Discard.
Keep Changes or Discard?
1. Before deciding to keep or discard the reset, keep in mind that for the first 1000 hours or so, there will be a red tinge on grayscale from 10IRE and below. As you get closer to the 1000 hour mark, test raising S1 back to 66 and see if any sparkles near black appear. If you still see sparkles, revert it back to 1 and age the set a bit more. Once you get to the point where there are no or very few sparkles near black, you can set S1 back to 86 and lower SAD (make sure there's no misfires on combi mask 10). Grayscale at 10IRE and below will be much more neutral (with a hint of green push).
2. You could very well "try out" the reset for 1000 hours and not perform the "Keep or Discard" steps until you reach that point. I've never done that myself but just throwing it out there.
3. to keep reset, go to etc > digital eeprom > repair and hold enter button for 5 seconds
4. to undo reset, go to etc > backup data > transfer and hold enter button for 5 seconds
5. put tv on standby and take it out of standby, do not turn off or unplug.