The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 1066 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 225Likes

post #31951 of 31953 Old 09-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by giderac View Post
Hey guys someone in my area is selling two kurso the 151fd and the 6020fd for 800, and 550 respectively, do you guys think this is a good price for a 10 year old tv?
Let me give you an answer that is not filled with how plasma markets have dried up and you should just buy an OLED. Both will have the same blacks levels. The 151FD can be calibrated properly by using a program called ControlCal to access the ISF modes(there are other programs that work too). You'll be able to adjust white point high and low, primary and secondary colors etc. The 6020 you can't unless you put a 151 board in it. This process is complicated and if you are not able to calibrate yourself then the 6020 would be fine. If your a home calibrator then the 151 is a must. The next factor is knowing how many hours are on it. These Pioneers can literally go for ever. The TV being 9 years old, under 20k would be good. Next issue would be red tint. Turn the lights off and put up a black screen. Do the blacks have a red tint to them? If everything looks good I would put a price on the 151 at $550 and the 6020 at $450. The seller may not want to part with it for that and if you want a Kuro you may have to pay more. They don't come up that often.

Now for personal experience:
I bought a KRP-600M for $550. It had 19400 hrs on it and the blacks while not really red where glowing a bit. I've lowered voltages, calibrated with Controlcal and unlocked ISF modes. My KRP-600m is probably my favorite TV and I have a 65VT60 and LG65B6 OLED. Of cource the OLED is my best display and I enjoy it a lot but for just kicking on same basic HD satellite or a blu-ray I am so glad I have a classic Kuro.
Edllguy and makaveddie81 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31952 of 31953 Old Today, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm trying to have my Kuro Elite repaired. The technician has been told by Pioneer he needs a GGF1589 Service Remote Control. They're impossible to find. Does anyone have one they can share? Will return it when he's done

Sony XBR-65A1E OLED | Pioneer Kuro Elite 141FD 60" | Peachtree Nova Amp | Pro-Ject Turntable | OPPO UDP-203 | B&W CM1 | APC H15 Power Conditioning | AudioQuest Carbon 3M HDMI cables | Universal Remote 980-MX | Amazon Echo | Sanus BLF228-B1 Wall Mount
post #31953 of 31953 Old Today, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzjurg View Post
I'm trying to have my Kuro Elite repaired. The technician has been told by Pioneer he needs a GGF1589 Service Remote Control. They're impossible to find. Does anyone have one they can share? Will return it when he's done
What exactly is wrong with the TV?

He probably needs it to access the service menu. Keep in mind, there are software alternatives to the service remote to access the service menu. Hit me up on PM if interested.

JVC DLA-RS4810
Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M
Pioneer Kuro PRO-141FD
Pioneer Kuro PRO-151FD
Pioneer Kuro PRO-111FD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version