151FD Product Brochure

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread

The Official 9G Pioneer General Discussion Thread

9G Elite Reviews

D-Nice's Review of the Pro-111FD

Sound and Vision's Review of the Pro-111FD

Ultimate AV's review of the Pro-111FD

CNet's review of the Pro-111FD

It seems I'm the first to get the PRO-151FD in this forum so I figured I'd start the Thread.

First impressions:

Can notice blacker blacks over 5010. It's hard to tell were the bezel ends with the black bars.

Initial start up is set to performance mode.

While in the menu. Very slight buzz when you put your head behind the set. Can't hear it in front at all. Haven't try TV or video yet but I will before I start break-in.

Update regarding buzz:

While running the break-in disc, I do hear a buzz which does change pitch from dark to light screens, light screens higher pitch, but I have to be 2 to 3 feet from the front to hear it and it's the same as my 5010. My DVR box is louder then the buzz.

Not the brightest backlite remote I've seen. It's a little hard to see if the room is very dark.

I like the menus better then the 5010. I didn't care for the windows xp-ish menus in the 5010.

It has a great tool menu that comes up from the bottom during viewing which you can change settings like picture mode and screen size. Here's the post of the picture. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...4&postcount=10

PRO-111FD/151FD Specs:

- High-Definition 1080p Resolution (1920 x 1080p)

- 50”/60" Diagonal Class / 16:9 Wide-Screen Aspect Ratio

- 1080 Progressive Image Reproduction with ability to accept 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i / and TRUE 1080p 24fps signals

- New Deeper, Intense Blacks for Unmatched Contrast (5x Previous Generation)

- New Thinner Cosmetic Design with ››Elegant Acrylic Bezel

- New, Improved Optimum Mode. Automatically analyses and adjusts audio and video settings according to specific room light conditions and type of light and color. Program content is also monitored and finely adjusted so movies, sports and news are all faithfully reproduced. Includes OSD with status.

- New External Color Sensor

- Room Light Sensor for automatic picture adjustment adjustment

- PureCinema Smooth Film Motion mode to eliminate motion jutter in 3:2 Pulldown (60Hz) providing natural even playback of content created on film

- 4 Independent HDMI 1.3 inputs with HDMI-CEC control and the ability ››to accept 1080p 24/60Hz signal

- Standard 3:2 (60Hz) and Advanced PureCinema with 3:3 Pulldown (72Hz) for accurate playback of film content

- Fully integrated ATSC and NTSC Tuner with Clear QAM

- Home Media Gallery – offering a multimedia experience to enjoy movies, music and photos through an existing home network or USB memory device

- ISFccc Calibration Ready for professional customization of plasma picture according to personal preferences for contrast, tint, color as well as room conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Includes:

- Independent Gamma Control (R / G / B) for heightened color ––calibration

- V-Chip Parental Control

- Remote Control – Illuminated / Preset Mode / Learning Mode

- New Advanced Redesigned GUI

- A/V Selection Memory – 10 options for viewing preferences: Optimum / Performance / Sports / Movie / PURE / Game / Standard*/ ISF-Day / ISF-Night / ISF-Auto (PC input: only Standard)

- Aspect Ratio Control – 9 positions: Auto* / Full / “Dot by Dot” / Zoom* / Cinema* / 4:3 / Wide* (only for SD) / Wide1* (only for HD) / Wide2* (only for HD) *Except PC signal

- Advanced Picture-in-Picture (4 positions), Picture-side-Picture for use with Home Media Gallery & Broadcast and Still Picture capability

- After-Image Reduction Function

- Orbiter (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)

- Auto Size (Off/ Natural / Wide-Zoom)

- Side Mask Detection (Mode 1 – for black side masks / Mode 2 – for black & illustrated side masks)

- Side Mask Brightness Sync (Fixed / Auto)

- Video Pattern (White Bar)

- Game Control Preference (AV Selection: only Game) (Off / On)

- Fine Tune Setting for ultimate picture control of color temperature, noise reduction and color management

- Intelligent Mode (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)

- Room Light Sensor & New External Color Sensor (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)

See less See more
#7,361 ·
Does anyone know why I wouldn't have been able to get into the "Digital Tuner Setup" menu option when I first started up the PDP? Since the first time I turned it on, I couldn't get into this option to set the date and time and other options available. Was there another step that needed to be done prior to this step? Or is it just another factor in it being a lemon?

#7,364 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunnym1 /forum/post/14986132

Thinking of having my 6020 calibrated to see if i can get more of that 3d depth look to it.....

Any suggestions for a calibrator in the FT.Lauderdale area??

Highly appreciated guy's.......

Here is the LIST of the Professionals who can calibrate the 9G Non-Elites.

#7,366 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh's HT /forum/post/14986084

Does anyone know why I wouldn't have been able to get into the "Digital Tuner Setup" menu option when I first started up the PDP? Since the first time I turned it on, I couldn't get into this option to set the date and time and other options available. Was there another step that needed to be done prior to this step? Or is it just another factor in it being a lemon?

Do you have digital cable connected directly to the TV? You only set date, etc., if you are actually using the TV's tuner- if you are using an external one like a satellite/cable box or TiVo, those options are grayed out.

#7,369 ·
#7,370 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunnym1 /forum/post/14986132

Thinking of having my 6020 calibrated to see if i can get more of that 3d depth look to it.....

Any suggestions for a calibrator in the FT.Lauderdale area??

Highly appreciated guy's.......

Bob Fucci 954-922-3667 who is based out of Hollywood Florida. I would have used him myself based on the research I did to try and find a good calibrator locally. However I have the Elite model and wanted to have the ISF a/v modes calibrated which I did wind up doing using Jeff Meier of AccuCal. Bob does not work with the ISF a/v modes. I am still considering having him calibrate the Pure a/v mode at some point just so I can compare it with the ISF modes and also to have another option.

Mike

#7,371 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman4 /forum/post/14986157

FIOS brings out the best on the 111 and 151 as the incoming fiber optic signal is great to begin with

I probably should know this but could some body please tell me what FIOS is or stands for. Is it satellite or digital cable or something else I am not aware of.

Thanks,

Mike

#7,372 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 /forum/post/14986874

Bob Fucci 954-922-3667 who is based out of Hollywood Florida. I would have used him myself based on the research I did to try and find a good calibrator locally. However I have the Elite model and wanted to have the ISF a/v modes calibrated which I did wind up doing using Jeff Meier of AccuCal. Bob does not work with the ISF a/v modes. I am still considering having him calibrate the Pure a/v mode at some point just so I can compare it with the ISF modes and also to have another option.

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits /forum/post/14986610

You will need someone who does tours to your area. A lot of the best calibrators tour several times each year. You can check these:

Jeff Meier (UMR)
http://www.accucalhd.com/
jeff@accucal.org

Eliab Alvarez de la Campa (Eliab)
http://www.accucalhd.com/
eliab@avical.com

Gregg Loewen
http://www.lionav.com/services.php
gregg@lionav.com

He was asking to have his 9G NE calibrated.. only the Pro's on the LIST I posted can properly calibrate the 9G NE's and of course D-Nice (the List will be updated as new Calibrators come on-board)....

Unfortunately, Jeff Meier (umr) has made the decision not to work on the Pioneer 9G Non-Elites...
Eliab and Gregg are on the List..

Stephen Cooper does handle most of Florida I think and of course The Man behind the ability to even properly calibrate the 9G Non-Elites will be touring Florida as he posted above (D-Nice)... I think he mentioned about going to South Beach to get reactions from his new ControlCAL themed Speedos....

It would be simple for Bob Fucci to get on the list (Bob is one of the key people with the Imaging Science Foundation)..

#7,373 ·
hi guys!

Turbe, thanks for the plug!!

I regularly service most parts of Florida, as well as the Eastern seaboard, from New England down to the greater DC area.

I know the Elites very well and use the C3 software in conjunction with my PR 650 spectroradiometer.

Feel free to call me at 201 232 3380 or to email gregg@lionav.com to arrange for servicing.

#7,374 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 /forum/post/14986905

I probably should know this but could some body please tell me what FIOS is or stands for. Is it satellite or digital cable or something else I am not aware of.

Thanks,

Mike

FiOS is a fiber optic to the house service sold by Verizon. It supports phone, cable TV and Internet connections. You have to live in an area where Verizon has built out the fiber infrastructure to support it.

#7,376 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/14986946

He was asking to have his 9G NE calibrated.. only the Pro's on the LIST I posted can properly calibrate the 9G NE's and of course D-Nice (the List will be updated as new Calibrators come on-board)....

I was fooled by the thread (Elite) that we are in.

There seem to be a lot of possibilities.

#7,377 ·
LOL, me too since I thought D-Nice posted in this Thread but now I see he posted in the NE Thread where dsunnym1 posted the same question.. oh well.. perhaps our posts will help others..

#7,380 ·
I have just picked up my 151 a few days ago and am pleased, although I certainly need to tweak the picture.

Before I can get to this, I need to set up My DirecTV remote to turn on and off my 151. I have tried all of the codes in the back of the DirecTV manual without success. Has anyone had success getting the ON/OFF and volume working on the DirecTV IR/RF remote?

I will organize a more customized remote, but this is for the housekeeper to use when babysitting...