The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 404 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12091 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,871
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

Thanks for the heads up.. I was hoping it wouldn't be all that complicated.. The good news is, I will be having it ISF calibrated in a few weeks..

It's not. Just mix your sources and try for those that fill the screen for the first 150-200 hours. The more hours, under those conditions, that you get on your display before it's calibrated, the better.

D-Nice's break-in is mostly to get the most out of his calibration settings without having your set individually calibrated.

Enjoy.
htwaits is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12092 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eldithomaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: So. California
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post

Because my damage wasn't reported and/or noticed immediately, as was the case with this gentleman. No one wants to be held accountable (financially) ....

I'm all ready to pay off the set and be done with it if that's what it boils down to. Magnolia was able to cut me a fairly good deal (shortly before the announcement). Not quite as good of a deal as what Roman offered me, but after what happened, I just feel more comfortable sticking to brick-and-mortar. I also have price protection in case the set does indeed drop in price within the next thirty days.

Ultimate told me that they would have given me an extremely good discount based on what has happened if I were to purchase a new set through them - but why should I give them my business?

151 from Magnolia is supposed to arrive on the 27th. And you can bet I'll be scanning my screen with a light and investigating every square inch for possible damage/defects before the delivery people will walk out of my door with a signature. I already told the salesman that he better inform the delivery men to stop by my place last, because it may take awhile.

Don't all of us who take delivery of these sets make sure that the delivery company sets them up, turns them on and watches them for about 5-10 minutes.

The Magnolia guys who delived my set sure did...

This is why B&M is the way to go. Even if it costs a wee bit more. Good luck alettiere with round II.

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
eldithomaso is offline  
post #12093 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fanaticalism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill94 View Post

Here are some pics of my new pro151 I got today.


I would toe those Sources in. Quickest and easiest way to do it is with a flashlight. Just hold it under your chin, and adjust accordingly. You'll be amazed in the difference once you're in the sweet spot. You're gonna wanna use the EPC spikes as well, they have a pretty big impact on the imaging, and sweet spot as well.
Fanaticalism is offline  
post #12094 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Member
 
amill94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok guys. Here is pic I snapped of the issue I was talking about in dot by dot mode. I use full now when watching cable, but in theory shouldn't dot by dot be fine for use with bluray playback. I noticed this during the dark knight on my ps3 I have the same issue. ps3 is set to 1080p, 24hz. Tv is in dot by dot for the picture. Even when they switch to imax scenes I still have the same issue with the right side of the screen. If I stretch to full it's no problem.



You can see in that image where the active pixels end and then there are multiple vertical rows that aren't on. Is there a setting or something I'm missing. Any help on this?
amill94 is offline  
post #12095 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Member
 
amill94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

I would toe those Sources in. Quickest and easiest way to do it is with a flashlight. Just hold it under your chin, and adjust accordingly. You'll be amazed in the difference once you're in the sweet spot. You're gonna wanna use the EPC spikes as well, they have a pretty big impact on the imaging, and sweet spot as well.

In that picture they are toed in using the flashlight trick. Light is on the inside 1/4 of the panel. Also, I am using carpet spikes. The do sound great.
amill94 is offline  
post #12096 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eldithomaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: So. California
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog View Post

That actually sounds really weird to me. I have never had the AV mode just change on its own. I have both ISF-Day and ISF-Night enabled as well.....

Any chance there's something set in your remote macro that's doing it?


No. I use a DirecTV remote to turn the set off and on or the Pannel's orignal remote. I have to check this behavior more often but it seems to be pretty consistent. I generally don't watch during the daylight hours and arround here the last few weeks in CA it's been dark and gloomy.

It's wierd but if I put it in ISF-Day, watch then return at night and watch it's back in ISF-Night. Perhaps most don't see this behavior because they DIDN't connect the light/color sensor?

As long as it picks the right mode I am happy.

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
eldithomaso is offline  
post #12097 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jim Boden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill94 View Post

Ok guys. Here is pic I snapped of the issue I was talking about in dot by dot mode. I use full now when watching cable, but in theory shouldn't dot by dot be fine for use with bluray playback. I noticed this during the dark knight on my ps3 I have the same issue. ps3 is set to 1080p, 24hz. Tv is in dot by dot for the picture. Even when they switch to imax scenes I still have the same issue with the right side of the screen. If I stretch to full it's no problem.



You can see in that image where the active pixels end and then there are multiple vertical rows that aren't on. Is there a setting or something I'm missing. Any help on this?

That's odd. I have a 111FD and a PS3 set to 1080p/24 and have never seen that problem watching the Dark Knight on Blu Ray. My PS3 is about 18 months old, but I doubt that matters. I have seen comments from some people that newer versions of the PS3 aren't as good as the older ones, but they had no specifics.
Jim Boden is offline  
post #12098 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eldithomaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: So. California
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill94 View Post

Ok guys. Here is pic I snapped of the issue I was talking about in dot by dot mode.

You can see in that image where the active pixels end and then there are multiple vertical rows that aren't on. Is there a setting or something I'm missing. Any help on this?

Amill:

What do you get when you turn off the 24p force option on the PS-3? Let it do 1080p60 on a BD disk and report what you get with dot by dot on the Pio.

Isn't it time someone promoted quality as value?
eldithomaso is offline  
post #12099 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Member
 
amill94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

Amill:

What do you get when you turn off the 24p force option on the PS-3? Let it do 1080p60 on a BD disk and report what you get with dot by dot on the Pio.

let me check real quick.
amill94 is offline  
post #12100 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Member
 
amill94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

Amill:

What do you get when you turn off the 24p force option on the PS-3? Let it do 1080p60 on a BD disk and report what you get with dot by dot on the Pio.

If i set 24p to off, and have the tv on dot by dot, The pixels fill about half the empty space in the image I posted above. It's better, but still not completely using all the pixels. The left side of the panel has no issues...it's on the right side
amill94 is offline  
post #12101 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
progprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Other Washington
Posts: 9,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill94 View Post

Ok guys. Here is pic I snapped of the issue I was talking about in dot by dot mode. I use full now when watching cable, but in theory shouldn't dot by dot be fine for use with bluray playback. I noticed this during the dark knight on my ps3 I have the same issue. ps3 is set to 1080p, 24hz. Tv is in dot by dot for the picture. Even when they switch to imax scenes I still have the same issue with the right side of the screen. If I stretch to full it's no problem.

Maybe you could see if adjusting the screen position helps. Go to:
MENU>SETUP>OPTION>POSITION>H/V ADJUST
progprog is offline  
post #12102 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
progprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Other Washington
Posts: 9,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldithomaso View Post

It's wierd but if I put it in ISF-Day, watch then return at night and watch it's back in ISF-Night. Perhaps most don't see this behavior because they DIDN't connect the light/color sensor?

Yeah, it must be the connected color sensor. (The light sensor is built into the panel.) Perhaps AUTO is always ON when that's attached? That seems kind of weird to me, as opposed to having a menu option to turn it ON/OFF, but oh well.

If you don't want to use an AUTO mode (OPTIMUM of ISF-AUTO), you can just remove the color sensor.
progprog is offline  
post #12103 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Member
 
amill94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog View Post

Maybe you could see if adjusting the screen position helps. Go to:
MENU>SETUP>OPTION>POSITION>H/V ADJUST

I think I figured it out. I had the orbiter set to mode 2. When I turned the orbiter off, dot by dot fills the entire screen with no issues.
amill94 is offline  
post #12104 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dheels View Post

I had a 7G 50" pio elite and used the omnimount ucl-x with it. Last week I upgraded to the 151FD. Took down the 50" and put the 151FD on it and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbek777 View Post

...[the mount]...is the Pioneer PWM-6111...It took us several attempts and it was a nightmare to tell if we actually had the tabs aligned to slide the tv down onto the mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydog3 View Post

I am looking for a tilt wall mount for my 151. I looked at the Sanus - Expandable Tilting Wall Mount for Flat-Panel LCD & Plasma TVs Up to 84" Model: VMPL3B | SKU: 7269546...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

...For the mount, I recommend the Peerless ST-670.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWell View Post

I was with the same dilemma and based on my needs or wants I ended up getting this one sanus VMDD26...Many people prefer the low profile but I choose the Full Articulating Arm because of my particular layout. This wall mount has very good ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frvega2000 View Post

Everytime I see a request for wall mount recommendations I always point them to the Peerless ST670...The mount has worked out perfectly and allows enough space in the back to connect my Monoprice HDMI cables...without too much bending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkski View Post

...The Sanus VMPL3B is the only one that is large enough to fit the pattern of 20" tall x 33" wide... but it is only 2.5" deep and wont provide the 4" wall separation Pioneer specifies in the manual???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog View Post

...I've narrowed it down to the Omnimount ULPT-X or the Sanus VMPL3. Any opinions? I think some threads suggested Monoprice but they said that the 151FD is excluded from the fitment list. I also thought the Vantage Point U70 is kinda nice but then, you really can't see the mount once it's behind the TV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

www.chiefmfg.com and configure the one that looks best to you, I have them here and they are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

...Peerless ST670 tilt works great.


I searched this thread for wall mount recommendations, and found the above specific mounts that have been recommended to work well with the 151. The search term "wall mounts" turned up 114 posts, so I thought I'd list some of the representative comments in the hopes of saving someone time later. (My sincere thanks to the original posters--some posts were edited for brevity)

Does anyone else have any experience with any of these brackets or others they would recommend please? The Peerless ST670 seems to come up frequently as a good mount for this television.

The OmniMount ULPT-X was recommended by John Sciacca of S & V recently--anyone got it out there and like/hate it?

Thanks in advance for your patience with all the questions and for your help!

Addendum: 3/18/09
I ended up with the Sanus VMDD26 for my 151. It's pricey, but it has cool articulating arms--makes the TV really "float in space"--it's also built like an Abrams tank. Here's a good review of the Sanus VMDD26 with some install pictures using a Pioneer. The review has a lot of photos, pictures, and tips--in particular suggesting the wires run into the wall below the mount--not behind it.
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #12105 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bluemark81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Folks: I'm new to this thread as I just ordered a 151FD. I'm coming from the 58PZ700 from Panasonic and never gave much concern about burn-in, nor did it ever occur. There seems to be a fair bit of talk regarding burn-in with Pioneers. Are they more susceptable to burn-in than the Panasonics? I thought the Pioneers included a pixel orbiter, a scrolling white bar to wipe out retained images, and a mode that "simultaneously optimizes the related settings to alleviate image retention, all that help prevent burn-in. The manual doesn't appear to recommend any burn-in procedures. Do people really run break-in disks for several hundred hours before enjoying their new set?

I found settings posted by another poster D-Nice, but he stresses that they are not to be used unless the proper break-in procedures are done first. For those who do not use a break-in disk, what settings are you using?

Thanks and looking forward for the 151 to arrive.

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

bluemark81 is offline  
post #12106 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bluemark81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

I also, have searched this thread, and didn't find a whole lot of other specific recommendations for wallmounts that work well with the 151--does anyone else have any experience with any of these brackets or others they would recommend please?

The OmniMount ULPT-X was recommended by S & V--anyone got it out there and like/hate it?

Finally, Roman--does the Peerless mount let you sit the set flush against the wall, or is it always tilted a little downward?

Thanks in advance for your patience with all the questions and for your help!

I will be using an Everik Evermount EM-P2B (I hope) when the 151 arrives as this is the one that currently is used with my Panny. Here is a link: http://www.everik.com/everweb/EM-P2.html Unfortunately, I won't be able to confirm if it works until the 151 arrives.

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

bluemark81 is offline  
post #12107 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Newbie
 
Aithos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemark81 View Post

Folks: I'm new to this thread as I just ordered a 151FD. I'm coming from the 58PZ700 from Panasonic and never gave much concern about burn-in, nor did it ever occur. There seems to be a fair bit of talk regarding burn-in with Pioneers. Are they more susceptable to burn-in than the Panasonics? I thought the Pioneers included a pixel orbiter, a scrolling white bar to wipe out retained images, and a mode that "simultaneously optimizes the related settings to alleviate image retention, all that help prevent burn-in. The manual doesn't appear to recommend any burn-in procedures. Do people really run break-in disks for several hundred hours before enjoying their new set?

I found settings posted by another poster D-Nice, but he stresses that they are not to be used unless the proper break-in procedures are done first. For those who do not use a break-in disk, what settings are you using?

Thanks and looking forward for the 151 to arrive.

People get a little more concerned when they are looking at purchasing a tv that costs more than 4k. From everything I have read there is absolutely no problem on the Kuro's with burn-in and image retention is a non-issue as well. The exact things you mention are there to prevent any real problem with IR or Burn-in and unless you're going to leave a static image on your screen for weeks at a time you're going to be fine.

As far as the break in, I just got my 111 today and it's currently sitting in my dining room running the thumbdrive slideshow as I type this. I'm doing it not to prevent burn-in, but because I simply can't afford a professional calibration at this time. Everything I have read about his procedure is so that you can use his settings to get the most accurate settings without a real calibration possible. I want my picture to look good so I'm gonna run this for the next 145 hours (I'm about 5 hours in) and call it good. Yeah, it's torture looking over and seeing this awesome new tv not being used, and it's a little depressing to look at my old 25" tube tv that I've had for 13 years..this new tv was a long time coming. But knowing I'll get the best possible picture until a professional calibration makes the wait bearable!
Aithos is offline  
post #12108 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
texasveteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: plano, tx
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I was watching TV and during a commercial break I got up and walked to the bedroom. At the same time I was passing the TV, about a foot from the screen, the screen faded to black between commercials. I looked over and notice three seperate nickel-sized circles all near the center of the screen, but about 6 inches from each other. The dots were completely black while the rest of the screen was ... not so black. Has anyone seen this before?

I ran the slides to see if they are clusters of dead pixels, and they aren't. They aren't perfect circles, so I'm having a tough time believing its IR.

Thoughts?

Edit: I will say that they aren't noticable unless a foot or two from the screen. And you can't see them during any of the color slides. They're noticable only during the fade to black.
texasveteran is offline  
post #12109 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Tom V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasveteran View Post

So, I was watching TV and during a commercial break I got up and walked to the bedroom. At the same time I was passing the TV, about a foot from the screen, the screen faded to black between commercials. I looked over and notice three seperate nickel-sized circles all near the center of the screen, but about 6 inches from each other. The dots were completely black while the rest of the screen was ... not so black. Has anyone seen this before?

I ran the slides to see if they are clusters of dead pixels, and they aren't. They aren't perfect circles, so I'm having a tough time believing its IR.

Thoughts?

Edit: I will say that they aren't noticable unless a foot or two from the screen. And you can't see them during any of the color slides. They're noticable only during the fade to black.

How long were they on the screen? Could have been something on the tail of the commercial itself, a bit of some other source being switched from national to local programming. Lots of oddball snippets flying around among all the interconnected sources and computer controlled switching.

If you're not seeing it with the test slides, it's not the set.

- TV
Tom V is offline  
post #12110 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Member
 
Tom V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try running the slides with fades to black to see if the circles are visible there in addition to watching television.

-TV
Tom V is offline  
post #12111 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
texasveteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: plano, tx
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom V View Post

Try running the slides with fades to black to see if the circles are visible there in addition to watching television.

-TV

I can still see them after an hour of test slides, but only up close. Two are a bit more faint and one is still black, but smaller in diameter.
texasveteran is offline  
post #12112 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Tom V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
!?!? If they're getting fainter and smaller - sure sounds like IR. You can just run the white>grey slides to help clear up quicker than the full set of colors.
Tom V is offline  
post #12113 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
texasveteran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: plano, tx
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom V View Post

!?!? If they're getting fainter and smaller - sure sounds like IR. You can just run the white>grey slides to help clear up quicker than the full set of colors.

It looks like they are. I'll try those slides only. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post

Actually, doesn't this sound more like blotching? Minor areas of the screen which are considerably darker than the rest?

I had some "blobs" on my 151 and also on my 6020. The 151 was one big blob while the 6020 had two very tiny "spots" of black that you could only see up close or during all-black in low-lighting conditions. It did kind of give off an appearance of IR, but I was doing nothing at the time that could have caused this.

If this is indeed blotching, then it should disappear/spread out over time. That's what the long-time owners are saying from what I can recall.

How long have you had your set for, Tex? I distinctly recall one guy claiming that blotching didn't go away until about 800 hours of use.

I've had the set about three days. I hadn't noticed the circles before. You could be right though.
texasveteran is offline  
post #12114 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Member
 
platinumpapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a new love seat kind of couch and now i notice that my tv is not on the same centered eye level i once had it.

What can i purchase aside from my area rug beneath the legs of my loveseat to help increase the high of the love seat, so that eye level is more centered.





I have the kuro 60 inch
platinumpapi is offline  
post #12115 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fanaticalism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill94 View Post

In that picture they are toed in using the flashlight trick. Light is on the inside 1/4 of the panel. Also, I am using carpet spikes. The do sound great.

Awesome! The ML's have a very unique, large dynamic sound. Enjoy!
Fanaticalism is offline  
post #12116 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fanaticalism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumpapi View Post

I just got a new love seat kind of couch and now i notice that my tv is not on the same centered eye level i once had it.

What can i purchase aside from my area rug beneath the legs of my loveseat to help increase the high of the love seat, so that eye level is more centered.





I have the kuro 60 inch

Is it wall mounted? If so, you can adjust the arms on the back of the panel by removing the screws, and sliding the arms up.
Fanaticalism is offline  
post #12117 of 30960 Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Senior Member
 
scoddee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumpapi View Post

I just got a new love seat kind of couch and now i notice that my tv is not on the same centered eye level i once had it.

What can i purchase aside from my area rug beneath the legs of my loveseat to help increase the high of the love seat, so that eye level is more centered.

I have the kuro 60 inch

Return for more appropriate love seat. Best idea.
Lower KURO. Good idea.
Get used to it. Probable outcome.
Risers on new love seat. Priceless, in a bad kind of way!

Scotty
scoddee is offline  
post #12118 of 30960 Old 02-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Member
 
platinumpapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
lol no way, im not messing with this monster. I had my tv professionaly mounted, im not going to mess around with it. i mean all i need to e is at least an inch higher. And these love seats iv had them for a while, they are perfect for the room and almost perfect for the tv. But see, the tv is perfectly mounted, i just need the seat to bring my eye level a bit closer to the center. So instead of messing with the tv, or buying a new couch, what other suggestions do you guys have?
platinumpapi is offline  
post #12119 of 30960 Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
progprog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Other Washington
Posts: 9,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumpapi View Post

lol no way, im not messing with this monster. I had my tv professionaly mounted, im not going to mess around with it. i mean all i need to e is at least an inch higher. And these love seats iv had them for a while, they are perfect for the room and almost perfect for the tv. But see, the tv is perfectly mounted, i just need the seat to bring my eye level a bit closer to the center. So instead of messing with the tv, or buying a new couch, what other suggestions do you guys have?

Go to Home Depot and get some of those floor protectors that go under each leg of the loveseat. I've seen different kinds and sizes, but the ones I've seen look like that would add around 1/2 - 3/4" or so. You could also add a layer of firm foam under the cushion, or even inside the cushion covers. That would also add a little height.
progprog is offline  
post #12120 of 30960 Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bluemark81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't think I will be able to wait 150-200hrs to break the tv in using the break-in disk when it arrives. Wouldn't it be good enough to just make sure my viewing is full screen imagery for the first 200 hrs or so and while I'm not watching it, perhaps use the break-in disk?

Would this be adequate for then using D-Nice's calibration settings?

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

bluemark81 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off