The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 746 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #22351 of 30630 Old 03-12-2010, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by esp2684 View Post

(Couldn't find the black level measurement you mentioned, though )

At the very end.

Quote:

After calibration, and using a full-field 100-IRE white (15.57 foot-lamberts) and a full-field 0-IRE black (0.022 ft-L), the contrast ratio was 708:1. Using a 16-box checkerboard pattern (ANSI contrast), the contrast ratio was 1,138:1. The P65FT00AB produces 50.23 ft-L on a 100-IRE window for a real-world contrast ratio of 2,283:1.

I suppose I should say the 9G was six months later rather than a year but I'm willing to give Fujitsu the benefit of the doubt and say it was next generation versus current generation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22352 of 30630 Old 03-12-2010, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 54
^ ^ ^
As I remember, Fujitsu pulled their plasma products from the US several years ago, making them available in Japan only. I also remember being in a store that sold both Fujitsus and Elites (Gen 8). The salesman offered the idea that the Fujitsu was better, though only 720p vs. the Elite (1080 or 720). It looked different, and not in a bad way. I actually liked the picture, but couldn't see myself spending that kind of money (little did I know...).

Has something changed regarding Fujitsu's availability in the US?
post #22353 of 30630 Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Has something changed regarding Fujitsu's availability in the US?

no
post #22354 of 30630 Old 03-12-2010, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by progprog View Post

+1

Maybe we should talk about cables.....

No, that's too legitimate for this thread.
post #22355 of 30630 Old 03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

+1

Maybe we should talk about cables.....

Well, here's a good place to start:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/bbs.html
post #22356 of 30630 Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post

Hi,

I have the Pioneer PRO-111FD TV.

I want to connect my PC to my TV.

Can I use a DVI to HDMI cable? The instruction manual suggests using the RGB input on the TV.

My video card has a DVI out.

Is this the right cable?

http://www.amazon.com/6FT-Dvi-To-HDm.../dp/B001IWOBXG

And do I need another cable to transmit audio?

The instruction manual suggests a 3.5mm to stereo input on the TV.

But instead of using their suggested PC audio input, can I use the RCA inputs on the TV?

So, can I use a 3.5mm to RCA input, to transmit audio?

Is this the right cable?

http://www.amazon.com/Arista-18-3190.../ref=de_a_smtd

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

1) Yes
2) Yes

These are standard conversions using generic adapter cables from places like monoprice or Amazon (or even BestBuy/Radio Shack). The only thing you might have to worry about is getting a DVI-I cable if your card has a DVI-D connector. Wikipedia has illustrations.

HDMI setup depends on your end goal. If you want to use the display as a computer monitor (displaying text is important) then you should use PC input type. If you want to watch video then Video is probably a better choice.

Why the manual suggests analog (RGB via the VGA port) over digital (DVI/HDMI) in the modern era is a mystery.

I just got the DVI to HDMI cable. I connected it from my video card on my PC, to my TV, but I'm not getting anything.

I tried a few different HDMI ports.

I know one of the ports works for sure, as I've used it before.

Any advice? Thanks.

This is the cable I'm using.

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-High-R...pr_product_top

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 6800.

Is there some configuration I have to do?
post #22357 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I just got the DVI to HDMI cable. I connected it from my video card on my PC, to my TV, but I'm not getting anything.

I tried a few different HDMI ports.

I know one of the ports works for sure, as I've used it before.

Any advice? Thanks.

This is the cable I'm using.

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-High-R...pr_product_top

My video card is an Nvidia GeForce 6800.

Is there some configuration I have to do?

I have a laptop with an Nvidia 8800 card, which supports multiple monitors. The laptop has an HDMI out, which I connected to input 7 on my 111FD. When I connected it, Windows (Vista) immediately recognized it is a second monitor. I don't know if that's because the 8800 automatically supports a second monitor or not. Does your 6800 support multiple monitors? If so, take a look at your Nvidia settings.
post #22358 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

1) Yes
2) Yes

These are standard conversions using generic adapter cables from places like monoprice or Amazon (or even BestBuy/Radio Shack). The only thing you might have to worry about is getting a DVI-I cable if your card has a DVI-D connector. Wikipedia has illustrations.

HDMI setup depends on your end goal. If you want to use the display as a computer monitor (displaying text is important) then you should use PC input type. If you want to watch video then Video is probably a better choice.

Why the manual suggests analog (RGB via the VGA port) over digital (DVI/HDMI) in the modern era is a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

For video, you might try a DVI-to-VGA adapter. Just make sure you know which type of DVI output you have on your computer. Then just run a VGA cable to the display. Again, make sure the VGA cable can handle the resolution you want to output from your computer.

Quote:

Hi,

I have the Pioneer PRO-111FD TV.

I want to connect my PC to my TV.

Can I use a DVI to HDMI cable? The instruction manual suggests using the RGB input on the TV.

My video card has a DVI out.

Is this the right cable?

http://www.amazon.com/6FT-Dvi-To-HDm.../dp/B001IWOBXG

And do I need another cable to transmit audio?

The instruction manual suggests a 3.5mm to stereo input on the TV.

But instead of using their suggested PC audio input, can I use the RCA inputs on the TV?

So, can I use a 3.5mm to RCA input, to transmit audio?

Is this the right cable?

http://www.amazon.com/Arista-18-3190.../ref=de_a_smtd

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boden View Post

I have a laptop with an Nvidia 8800 card, which supports multiple monitors. The laptop has an HDMI out, which I connected to input 7 on my 111FD. When I connected it, Windows (Vista) immediately recognized it is a second monitor. I don't know if that's because the 8800 automatically supports a second monitor or not. Does your 6800 support multiple monitors? If so, take a look at your Nvidia settings.

I'm pretty sure the 6800 does support it, since it has a DVI out and VGA out. I couldn't find anything in the settings to verify, though.

The process I am doing, is I'm unplugging the DVI cable that goes from my monitor to my video card. I'm then putting my DVI to HDMI cable in that end.
post #22359 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi Guys

I am thinking about picking up a 101fd next week but I am concerned about the scaler in the set and of its supposed fair deinterlacing. Can anyone give me some feedback about that?

I am also looking for some help from my Canadian brothers and sisters out there that are receiving there HD content from Rogers cable. I saw a hockey game at one of the dealers showrooms and all I saw was artifacts all over the place during motion. Are you finding that same result in your own homes or was that just a bad feed being provided to the plasma?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
post #22360 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacklebary View Post

Hi Guys

I am thinking about picking up a 101fd next week but I am concerned about the scaler in the set and of its supposed fair deinterlacing. Can anyone give me some feedback about that?

I am also looking for some help from my Canadian brothers and sisters out there that are receiving there HD content from Rogers cable. I saw a hockey game at one of the dealers showrooms and all I saw was artifacts all over the place during motion. Are you finding that same result in your own homes or was that just a bad feed being provided to the plasma?

The pixelation is from the feed not from the display.
post #22361 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Guys

No display is going to have the SOTA deinterlacing you'll find in dedicated video processors, but that said, I think the Kuros probably have as good as you'll find in a display. What sources are you concerned about? In most setups these days, the cable box is the only source that sends an interlaced signal.

As already noted, the pixelation you saw was the result of issues with the signal, not the TV. That said, some network signals can be pretty crappy much of the time, so it's actually good that you saw what a bad signal looks like on a Kuro before you buy. Some new owners have expressed disappointment when their expensive new Kuro didn't make everything look wonderful. But as good as they are, they cannot compensate for crappy input. Garbage in....garbage out.
post #22362 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1) You already said you weren't getting the 101FD.
2) You've already gotten the best answers in the other thread.

I suggest you stick with your decision that the Signature is too expensive.
post #22363 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Hey progprog. Do you have any advice for me, in post # 22385? Thanks.
post #22364 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey progprog. Do you have any advice for me, in post # 22385? Thanks.

Sorry. I saw your questions, but I don't have any experience using my Kuros with video cards or DVI/HDMI adapters like that, so I'm afraid I'd just be speculating.
post #22365 of 30630 Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Sorry. I saw your questions, but I don't have any experience using my Kuros with video cards or DVI/HDMI adapters like that, so I'm afraid I'd just be speculating.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.
post #22366 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

no

I didn't think so. I'm sure such news would've been carried in the usual outlets.
post #22367 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
hi bodosom

I like the rest of us in this forum are enthusiasts (sometimes obsessive compulsive with checking various threads) when it comes to this stuff. I have had a hard time wrestling with trying to pickup the last of the kuros before they disappear at a reasonable price (for fear that I will be missing out on an elite hdtv) or else waiting for the new VT Panasonics. I just was offered a 101 for a very good price and that was has started up the debate again for me.
post #22368 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I know I've been asking before regarding DSE on these sets and the DSE that I notice on my pro-101. I've been reading a lot of other posts regarding this. from what I gather it very well might be something on most of these to varying degrees, but most people won't notice it and certainly shouldn't look for it (don't know why I did). Some have commented that it as caused by an improper application of the anti reflective film, but from this link it kind of sounds like it is the film itself which would point to this being something quite common on pioneer plasmas. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...6&postcount=84

I've done some testing on my pro-101 and my 5080 and I've come to the conclusion that both sets have about the exact same amount of DSE. I think this is funny because my 5080 was my primary TV for a couple of years and I never was bothered by it. If I would have been involved with any discussion regarding this at that time I think I might of said my set either doesn't have it , or I don't notice it. I watched Golf yesterday and Hockey the day before and I had to look for DSE to see it, meaning nothing really stood out. It's more noticeable when playing games, but unless you're tuned into trying to see it it might not be noticeable.

At this point my options are to live with it, exchange it for another one, or exchange it for something else. If I exchange it for another 101 ( if I can find one) I think I might run into similar DSE that I would notice and perhaps get some stuck pixels or one that buzzes more than mine (my psu whine as someone put it has gotten better). If I exchange it for something else I don't know what that would be. The only thing I can think of would be a panasonic vt20 and I think in most respects (other than 3d) that TV would pale in comparison to the pro-101 and I'm not to thrilled with panasonic plasmas anyway.

Perhaps I'm being too picky and am looking for absolute perfection which is something that just doesn't exist.
post #22369 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post

I know I've been asking before regarding DSE on these sets and the DSE that I notice on my pro-101. I've been reading a lot of other posts regarding this. from what I gather it very well might be something on most of these to varying degrees, but most people won't notice it and certainly shouldn't look for it (don't know why I did). Some have commented that it as caused by an improper application of the anti reflective film, but from this link it kind of sounds like it is the film itself which would point to this being something quite common on pioneer plasmas. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...6&postcount=84

I've done some testing on my pro-101 and my 5080 and I've come to the conclusion that both sets have about the exact same amount of DSE. I think this is funny because my 5080 was my primary TV for a couple of years and I never was bothered by it. If I would have been involved with any discussion regarding this at that time I think I might of said my set either doesn't have it , or I don't notice it. I watched Golf yesterday and Hockey the day before and I had to look for DSE to see it, meaning nothing really stood out. It's more noticeable when playing games, but unless you're tuned into trying to see it it might not be noticeable.

At this point my options are to live with it, exchange it for another one, or exchange it for something else. If I exchange it for another 101 ( if I can find one) I think I might run into similar DSE that I would notice and perhaps get some stuck pixels or one that buzzes more than mine (my psu whine as someone put it has gotten better). If I exchange it for something else I don't know what that would be. The only thing I can think of would be a panasonic vt20 and I think in most respects (other than 3d) that TV would pale in comparison to the pro-101 and I'm not to thrilled with panasonic plasmas anyway.

Perhaps I'm being too picky and am looking for absolute perfection which is something that just doesn't exist.

Sounds like you have talked yourself into this issue, you own a set with the best pq of any set ever made. Panny will take at least another year to equal it, I personally would never even think of returning it. I have the 500M myself, and I have not seen DSE, but then again it is not something I look for. Has your set been properly set up and calibrated?

KRP-500M
Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH
post #22370 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post

Perfect timing for the information I was planning on posting today.

I've had a Pioneer Pro-111 for almost a year now and I'm still amazed by the PQ to this day. When the sun sets, I fire up a blu-ray, and activate the isf day settings, I still can't believe how good it looks. However, since day one I have dealt with the DSE.

Some people say they don't see it at all, some say it's on all Pioneer sets, some say you have to look for it in order to see it. I don't know whats true for all the other sets out there, but in my case I definitely noticed it the first day without ever hearing about it before then. I wish I could take a photo of it or get a video of it, but the only way to describe mine was that any vertical pan, the camera moving straight up or straight down, with a white object would reveal dark horizontal streaks all over the screen, but only where the white object was. One good example is on a show my gf watches all the time called house hunters on HGTV. Lots of times in that show the camera will look up and down at rooms with white walls, or white bathrooms, and the dark streaks were really noticable.

I thought about returning it but I didn't want to re pack the TV, load it up, take it back to best buy, and risk getting another set with the same problem or worse. So I lived with it for a long time hoping it would get better. Well it never did, in fact it got worse. I started to notice it with any vertical pan that a solid color in the background, like a blue sky, or in animation that has a lot of solid colors.

Well finally a few days ago I was getting my Pio ready to mount on the wall when I decided to look back at a PM I had sent someone a long time ago when I had recently gotten the set and was looking for ways to help solve the problem. I sent it to a member here who claimed he had cleaned his screen with some distilled water and it relieved most of the DSE. I asked him exactly what he did and this was his response

Quote:

I don't think you can screw anything up...the screen is fairly durable to medium pressure and "distilled water".

I used microfibre cloths from Photodon and distilled water from the grocery store.

Just wet/soak the cloth (not dripping, but fairly damp) and wipe. Then use a dry cloth to buff and dry. It may take a few rounds for each area and may take a few cloths, as the dry one gets wet and the wet one gets dirty.

Having someone shine a strong light/lamp at the screen while you are cleaning each area helps to spot areas that need to be redone or even done for the first time.

Try not do get any water/moisture in the edges - you don't want water behind the glass!

GOOD LUCK

At the time I never tried it because I thought it was too risky and was just going to try and ignore the DSE, but when I had the TV off its stand on my bed I thought to myself, screw it, lets give this thing a shot. I went and bought some distilled water, and used a few microfiber cloths I had gotten with various electronics over the years like the iPhone, and the one that came with the TV. Followed the directions in the PM, rubbed the screen fairly hard in circles starting from the center and going outward. When I would dry and buff it the screen was getting really smudged up, there were streaks and smudges all over, but I just kept rubbing and slowly they cleared up. Finally after a lot of elbow grease the entire panel had been cleaned and looked smooth and shiny again.

The next few days were spent building the entertainment center I had bought and hooking up the new home theater. The Pioneer got set back up and I started watching TV on it not anxiously searching for vertical pans or anything, just calmy watching TV like I normally do honestly not expecting the cleaning to have done anything.

Well let me tell you. I started seeing some vertical pans, and NO STREAKS. I was like hmmm thats odd and just kept watching TV not wanting to jinx it. Some more vertical pans and NO STREAKS. Ok now I was starting to get a little excited. Then watched a movie with a specific scene that I had watched a few days prior to cleaning, and remember heavy dark streaks, this time NO STREAKS. I couldn't believe it, it actually worked! More viewing and I realized there were still some light streaks in very white vertical pans but nothing as bad as before, and something I'm sure another cleaning can fix.

I'm finally at peace with my Pioneer-Pro111. I can watch movies and TV and fall in love with the PQ all over again and it's even better now that there's no dark streaks. Anyone that is having the DSE, I strongly recommend you try this solution. I can't guarantee anything because there could be different kinds of DSE, but in my case it definitely worked. Just follow the directions in the PM, only use distilled water, and I recommend laying the screen on a flat surface like a bed so that water can't run down into the edges of the screen, plus it's easier to work on that way. Good luck! I really hope this helps more people enjoy their Pioneer Elites like they were meant to be!
post #22371 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just was offered a 101 for a very good price and that was has started up the debate again for me.

That's good but restarting the scaler/di question isn't going to get you anywhere new. Most people think it's fine or don't use it and absent a side-by-side with something better you should be unaware of any issues. Of all the Kuro things to worry about scaler performance really has to be at the bottom of the list.

What matters is -- if you get one and you're unhappy with the scaler what's your fall-back plan? In the psychology of buyer's remorse you certainly need to start without a predisposition toward worry.
post #22372 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Guys

I'm in Toronto and have Rogers cable and a 111FD. Most of the time, HD sports are awesome but, occasionally, some of their channels seem somewhat over-compressed. I especially see it with baseball much more than hockey or basketball athough why, who knows. Assuming the 101 is as least as good or better than a 111, I wouldn't worry about its scalar. It should not be a problem.
post #22373 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ88 View Post

Perfect timing for the information I was planning on posting today.

I've had a Pioneer Pro-111 for almost a year now and I'm still amazed by the PQ to this day. When the sun sets, I fire up a blu-ray, and activate the isf day settings, I still can't believe how good it looks. However, since day one I have dealt with the DSE.

Some people say they don't see it at all, some say it's on all Pioneer sets, some say you have to look for it in order to see it. I don't know whats true for all the other sets out there, but in my case I definitely noticed it the first day without ever hearing about it before then. I wish I could take a photo of it or get a video of it, but the only way to describe mine was that any vertical pan, the camera moving straight up or straight down, with a white object would reveal dark horizontal streaks all over the screen, but only where the white object was. One good example is on a show my gf watches all the time called house hunters on HGTV. Lots of times in that show the camera will look up and down at rooms with white walls, or white bathrooms, and the dark streaks were really noticable.

I thought about returning it but I didn't want to re pack the TV, load it up, take it back to best buy, and risk getting another set with the same problem or worse. So I lived with it for a long time hoping it would get better. Well it never did, in fact it got worse. I started to notice it with any vertical pan that a solid color in the background, like a blue sky, or in animation that has a lot of solid colors.

Well finally a few days ago I was getting my Pio ready to mount on the wall when I decided to look back at a PM I had sent someone a long time ago when I had recently gotten the set and was looking for ways to help solve the problem. I sent it to a member here who claimed he had cleaned his screen with some distilled water and it relieved most of the DSE. I asked him exactly what he did and this was his response

At the time I never tried it because I thought it was too risky and was just going to try and ignore the DSE, but when I had the TV off its stand on my bed I thought to myself, screw it, lets give this thing a shot. I went and bought some distilled water, and used a few microfiber cloths I had gotten with various electronics over the years like the iPhone, and the one that came with the TV. Followed the directions in the PM, rubbed the screen fairly hard in circles starting from the center and going outward. When I would dry and buff it the screen was getting really smudged up, there were streaks and smudges all over, but I just kept rubbing and slowly they cleared up. Finally after a lot of elbow grease the entire panel had been cleaned and looked smooth and shiny again.

The next few days were spent building the entertainment center I had bought and hooking up the new home theater. The Pioneer got set back up and I started watching TV on it not anxiously searching for vertical pans or anything, just calmy watching TV like I normally do honestly not expecting the cleaning to have done anything.

Well let me tell you. I started seeing some vertical pans, and NO STREAKS. I was like hmmm thats odd and just kept watching TV not wanting to jinx it. Some more vertical pans and NO STREAKS. Ok now I was starting to get a little excited. Then watched a movie with a specific scene that I had watched a few days prior to cleaning, and remember heavy dark streaks, this time NO STREAKS. I couldn't believe it, it actually worked! More viewing and I realized there were still some light streaks in very white vertical pans but nothing as bad as before, and something I'm sure another cleaning can fix.

I'm finally at peace with my Pioneer-Pro111. I can watch movies and TV and fall in love with the PQ all over again and it's even better now that there's no dark streaks. Anyone that is having the DSE, I strongly recommend you try this solution. I can't guarantee anything because there could be different kinds of DSE, but in my case it definitely worked. Just follow the directions in the PM, only use distilled water, and I recommend laying the screen on a flat surface like a bed so that water can't run down into the edges of the screen, plus it's easier to work on that way. Good luck! I really hope this helps more people enjoy their Pioneer Elites like they were meant to be!

If this is true in all cases, then it's one of the coolest things! It is indeed very probable that the screen has some residue leftover from the manufacturing process...

Anyone else can confirm this?
post #22374 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 PM

Liked: 14
Can someone please tell me what DSE is?

Thanks
post #22375 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Can someone please tell me what DSE is?

Thanks

Dirty Screen Effect.
post #22376 of 30630 Old 03-14-2010, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
151 owner since Jan 09, I have no dirty screen or any other defect, just an amazing picture day after day and night after night
post #22377 of 30630 Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GqMagic View Post

151 owner since Jan 09, I have no dirty screen or any other defect, just an amazing picture day after day and night after night

Same here. (141 owner since 02/09)
post #22378 of 30630 Old 03-15-2010, 07:58 AM

I haven't been able to find the answer so I'll ask here.

I got a new 101FD over the weekend. I'm waiting for a stand to come in, so it is sitting in the box right now.

1. Even though these are broken in at the factory for 100hrs, should I still run the brake in slides for another 150?
2. I only have a DVD player and not a bluray player. I'm assuming that a DVD player via component cables would be find for running the break in slides???

After that is all done, I'll try controlcal.

TC-P50V10 Build Date: April 2009
A-Board replaced on 1/4/2010 w/1.24, updated to 1.28.
Current 0% IRE: 0.034FtL
My SM Factory Numbers
Putting the 50V10 downstairs. Bought a new Elite 101FD
post #22379 of 30630 Old 03-15-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post

I haven't been able to find the answer so I'll ask here.

I got a new 101FD over the weekend. I'm waiting for a stand to come in, so it is sitting in the box right now.

1. Even though these are broken in at the factory for 100hrs, should I still run the brake in slides for another 150?
2. I only have a DVD player and not a bluray player. I'm assuming that a DVD player via component cables would be find for running the break in slides???

After that is all done, I'll try controlcal.

I did on mine. Can't hurt

bob
post #22380 of 30630 Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post

I did on mine. Can't hurt

bob

Thanks. Did you do 150hrs continuous, or did you shut if off every now and then?

TC-P50V10 Build Date: April 2009
A-Board replaced on 1/4/2010 w/1.24, updated to 1.28.
Current 0% IRE: 0.034FtL
My SM Factory Numbers
Putting the 50V10 downstairs. Bought a new Elite 101FD
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page