The Official Pioneer 9G Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 751 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #22501 of 30510 Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly21029 View Post

Check out the "settings and issues" thread... I just exchanged mine because of the same issue! The new set should be here on or before Wednesday. I'll post my findings when I get the new set. Your post and a few others a bit up the page make me nervous that I'll get another whistler and will be forced into a lower-grade display.

It's deafening though, isn't it? Completely unacceptable! I kept the TV for 10 days and it never subsided a bit. It gave me a headache a few times and, the times it didn't, I had a ringing in my ears long after I turned the set off.

I am eagerly awating the results of your exchange. My pro-101 whines as well, but it seems to come and go now or I am noticing it less. I'm still within my return window, but I know for a fact that there are no more 101's left in my area. I also have tolerable, but noticable DSE on my set as well. Problem with all of this is that this is the best display PQ wise that you can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22502 of 30510 Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post

I am eagerly awating the results of your exchange.

Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guvadc View Post

My pro-101 whines as well, but it seems to come and go now or I am noticing it less. I'm still within my return window, but I know for a fact that there are no more 101's left in my area. I also have tolerable, but noticable DSE on my set as well. Problem with all of this is that this is the best display PQ wise that you can get.

PQ on my set was as perfect as I could ask for. No DSE or any other blemishes. It took a lot of thought before I returned it, but the literal headaches just weren't worth living with in the end.

EDIT:

I'm going to be hooking up and testing the replacement at the store. I REALLY don't want to, but if it doesn't pan out then I'm most likely ordering the 50VT20 on the spot. The store is an hour away and I need to borrow a vehicle to safely transport this size television so I'd prefer to make this trip as few times as possible.
post #22503 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Well, what can I say taht hasn't been said before. D-Nice calibrated my 151FD on Saturday night. Very professional, knowledgable and a nice guy. Highly recommend if he is in your area. Below are my results and my before results using Optimum mode with the color sensor. What an improvement!

The Optimum one is the before. The Pure, ISF-Night and ISF-Day are the afters...

-Evangelo2

Evangelos Angelides's PRO-151FD Pre Calibration Report (Optimum).pdf 158.8583984375k . file

Evangelos Angelides's PRO-151FD Post Calibration Report (ISF-Night).pdf 153.7470703125k . file

Evangelos Angelides's PRO-151FD Post Calibration Report (ISF-Day).pdf 154.109375k . file

Evangelos Angelides's PRO-151FD Post Calibration Report (Pure).pdf 153.130859375k . file
post #22504 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowknight View Post

Is it normal for a 101fd to have a high-pitched whine? Or do I need to contact Best Buy about an exchange? The buzzing went away after a few hours of running the set on power save 2, but this whine is still around...

Can you describe this whine? I have had the buzzing from the back and the glass, but I can't hear it anymore from the glass at my normal viewing distance of 11' with the 101FD being on Energy Mode 2.
Sometimes when I am walking around the side of the 101, I can hear a slight buzz from the back of the unit but I don't hear anything whining.

Also I can't find a clear cut defination of DSE. All I know is that when I was running some break in slides, there was no pure white screen showing up. It was more grey than anthing else. Watching normal TV, colors and whites look perfect. Can someone define what others are referring to as DSE?

For now I am running these settings until I get about 200hrs on the set, then I will adjust them as needed with my eye1. http://www.controlcal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544

TC-P50V10 Build Date: April 2009
A-Board replaced on 1/4/2010 w/1.24, updated to 1.28.
Current 0% IRE: 0.034FtL
My SM Factory Numbers
Putting the 50V10 downstairs. Bought a new Elite 101FD
post #22505 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB1124 View Post

D-Nice calibration 111-FD:

What can I say that has not already been said? Amazing. Detail, clarity, 3-D element all improved significantly. All that and the guy is the nicest guy.

The calibration was worth every penny. Reports attached. D-Nice's work is everything that everyone says it is and then some.

Anybody in the general Cincinnati area interested in a D-Nice calibration? Blueste and I have been trying to get enough people together to make it a worthwhile trip for him. We're still a couple of people short. The area would include Indianapolis, Louisville, Lexington, Columbus, Dayton. If you're interested, send a pm to Blueste, or myself.
post #22506 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post

Can you describe this whine? I have had the buzzing from the back and the glass, but I can't hear it anymore from the glass at my normal viewing distance of 11' with the 101FD being on Energy Mode 2.
Sometimes when I am walking around the side of the 101, I can hear a slight buzz from the back of the unit but I don't hear anything whining.

This is the example I used in the settings/issues thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frmjKXrS398

The high-pitched noise at the beginning is fairly close to what I experienced except it wasn't steady. It would get louder and softer seemingly at random (had nothing to do with the content on screen, unlike the slight buzz that was a non-issue to me) and was most noticeable before the set warmed up. I would sometimes get to the point that I thought I couldn't hear it until I turned the set off and then my ears had a distinct ringing. It also seemed to fluctuate when changing inputs and was exacerbated when I plugged an ethernet cable in.

I'm glad you don't have it. I sincerely hope that the new set bookends the numerous HDTV issues I've experienced with Panasonic and now Pioneer. I just want to enjoy a television... that's it.

I've also been doing a fair bit of thinking and have decided that I would just get the biggest screen I could for the amount that I paid for the 101FD if the replacement doesn't pan out. If I know I'm getting inferior (but still acceptable) PQ going in I know I'll be less picky. The backup as of now would be a 60" Sony EX700 that I can get for less than I paid for the Kuro, but I've been changing my mind pretty much daily. :P
post #22507 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 AM

is that high pitch considered "feedback"? when I get home tonight, i will check to see if i can here that. if I could, it would only be from the side to behind the TV as from where i sit, I can't hear any of that.

being extremely angry pannys piss poor blacks, the kuro is the only thing out there that i could test next. it was hard for me to believe that blacks blending into the bezel even existed. i thought it was a made up story and people were exagerating. well when i got my kuro, it was true. Blacks do blend in with the bezel. In a pitch black room, you can't tell where the bezel and tv screen meet.

if the next one is the same, then obviously they are all made that way. just an FYI mine is an OCT 2008 build.

the kuro best demos are nothing short of spectular on the 101. it makes my panny look like a cheap dlp.

My SM Factory Numbers
post #22508 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Also I can't find a clear cut defination of DSE. All I know is that when I was running some break in slides, there was no pure white screen showing up. It was more grey than anthing else. Watching normal TV, colors and whites look perfect. Can someone define what others are referring to as DSE?

DSE in the Pioneer Plasma world is the "Dirt Screen Effect". The general conncensus is that this effect caused by horizontal streaks in the AR coating on the glass and cannont be calibrated out and does not get better over time.

Unless a particular set has a severe case of it this is most likely something you will not notice on static images such as the break in slides. This effect can be seen most often in gaming when there are bright light colered images on the screen and the camera pans vertically allowing you to see these horizontal streaks over the bright images. If you were to play a FPS and were outdoors in the day and you looked up in the sky and moved the camera up and down you would see it. When watching regular tv it can be seen most often while watching a program on HGTV when they're inside a house and the camera will pan vertically over light colored walls or over light colored tile on the floor.

If you haven't seen it on your set then I would not go looking for it. IMHO ther is a good chance that all of these sets have it in some form, just that most people don't notice it. As you can see from the description that certain conditions have to be met in order to see it and if you're watching TV or a movie, unless it is a real slow camera pan then if you blink you might miss it.
post #22509 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 02:18 PM

Just got home and turned my 101FD on in a completely silent environment. At least the wife wasn't home yet. The 101 was previously off for about 18hrs. My receiver was on mute and just had my directtv receiver on so I would get a signal to the display when I turned it on.

Immediately after turning on the display there was a very loud high pitch squeal. Oh no! WTF??? About a minute later the squeal was gone. Pheww.

I let the display turned on for about 10 minutes and then shut it off again and let it sit in standby for 5 minutes.
I turned the display back on and heard no squeal.

Maybe it needs a minute to warm up, but it did go completely away. If I heard that all the time, I would get a headache. I wouldn't be able to live with that noise.

My SM Factory Numbers
post #22510 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 02:29 PM

I just want to throw this our there about the hight pitched squeel.

Is this something that can cause harm to ears? If I bring my 6 month old into the theater area will this squeel permently damage his ears?
post #22511 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 02:59 PM

doubtful.

hearing damage is about db levels, not pitch or frequency.... at least i think that is how it works. (I did stay at a holiday inn last night)

My SM Factory Numbers
post #22512 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM

Could someone help me out here, because I feel like I must be missing something obvious in the settings menu. Right now, I'm getting way darker blacks using the component input on my 101FD then over HDMI, using the same video settings.

I'm using Pure mode with contrast at 25, and all other values default. I can bounce back and forth on my cable box between component and HDMI, and the black top and bottom bars on component are waaaay darker (bezel black) than HDMI. I'm also getting the same thing through my oppo blu-ray player, the black bars are more dark gray than black. Because it does it on both HDMI inputs from 2 different sources, I ruled those out.

During the previews on the oppo, there was 1 screen that was completely black with just white text, and on that screen, the blacks matched the component blacks, but once the movie started the widescreen bars were darkish gray.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or what else I can try? I tried different modes like standard and optimum, all with the default values, and nothing changes. I'm trying to dig up a calibration DVD to see if an all black screen does the same thing.

Edit: Calibration DVD does the same thing, all black screen looks dark grayish. On a side note, the Oppo menu screen when it first powers up looks pitch black.
post #22513 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the flat panel (Post#2) list that's linked at the bottom of my post.

Sorry for the delay. There has been too much going on in our real world.
post #22514 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmull5250 View Post

I can bounce back and forth on my cable box between component and HDMI, and the black top and bottom bars on component are waaaay darker.

Is your HDMI Video mode Auto? Is your cable box using an RGB colorspace(e.g. SA 8300HD)? Use RGB 16-235 if the answers are yes.
post #22515 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM

That was it, I just stumbled over those input control options about 2 minutes ago. RGB16-235 fixed the cable box (8300HD), and the oppo seems to behave fine with any option other than the default RGB option inside the oppo hdmi setup. I need to read up on the different configurations, but right now 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and rgb-pc all look ok. It scared me when both hdmi inputs didn't look right

Thanks!
post #22516 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelo2 View Post

... D-Nice calibrated my 151FD on Saturday night.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the flat panel (Post#2) list that's linked at the bottom of my post.
post #22517 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:

What can I say that has not already been said?

Quote:

Well, what can I say taht hasn't been said before. D-Nice calibrated my 151FD on Saturday night.

Thanks for your Reports

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #22518 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

doubtful.

hearing damage is about db levels, not pitch or frequency.... at least i think that is how it works. (I did stay at a holiday inn last night)

Well that explains a lot.

That's what I've always understood too...that it's just dB levels, as well as frequency and duration of exposure.
post #22519 of 30510 Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmull5250 View Post

RGB16-235 fixed the cable box (8300HD),

You're set unless you have a PS3.

The KRP FAQ is useful for Signature owners too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the KRP FAQ View Post

Q. I set my input to Auto but when I select an HDMI source that uses RGB signals the picture looks washed out. Why?
a. There's a bug in the RGB input range (quantization) selection. You can force it to the video range (RGB 16-235) or change the source to use Y'CbCr. The problem is noted here and here among other places. Here's a pithy response and a note from a non-native English speaker at Pioneer. For a more in-depth look at level matching and why things look too light, too dark or have a green or magenta overlay etc. check out this lengthy explanation of levels. Note that mixing certain devices on the same port (5 or 6) via a switch or AVR may cause problems. If you have a free DVI/HDMI port you can split the output of your AVR to two KRP ports and set one to AUTO and the other to RGB 16-235. This requires a powered splitter that supports HDMI 1.3. Vendors include Gefen, Monoprice and J&R Galaxies. Using two HDMI ports is simpler than one HDMI and the DVI port. Also see The Unexpected section below.

post #22520 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 AM

Are these settings still valid for doing a calibration using a PS3? I used them for calibating my V10, not sure if the 101FD handles anything differently or now.

This is what I used on the PS3 before:

Y Cb Cr
RGB limited
Super white on
Upconverion normal
all noise reduction on "0"

Souce info found at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=ps3+faq

Oh and I tested for that high pitch squeal/whine this morning after my tv was off all night long. It seemed to last about 2 minutes again until the set warmed up then the squeal/whine disappeared. I turned the set off, let it sit for 2 mintues and turned it back on, there was no squeal. At least for me it seems it needs to warm up and that noise goes away.

My SM Factory Numbers
post #22521 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Nothing. Same old song and dance. But if your color is at 0 or heaven forbid in the +3 range it's oversaturation city.

I've got to disagree. I've been to Yankee Stadium, seen the Indians' uniforms and the bright, bold red...and seen the green grass with the different gradients. Looking at Yankee Stadium footage in HD, I honestly do not see a difference.

As far as the color setting, I watched him do the calibration, and I could be wrong but I think the color was either 0 or +1. I did not watch THAT closely to know for sure...though I remember thinking that it was not as high as the initial settings I was using.

The way I see it, there are measurements to a standard, and D-Nice is not the only who applies them. Eliab's initial calibration of my Pure mode included a +4 color with an accurate color temp and greyscale.

If you don't agree with the standard, that is your prerogative, and I would not try to talk you out of it. But let's not single out D-Nice when he is simply performing to accepted industry standards. And in the opinion of many AVSers, some of whom are a part of the industry, he is right up there with the best at what he does.

So please, give it a rest. We understand that you do not feel that industry standards provide the most lifelike picture. But those of who have experienced calibrations don't react so positively b/c we have been brainwashed or something. We react b/c we really appreciate what we see.
post #22522 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

As far as the color setting, I watched him do the calibration, and I could be wrong but I think the color was either 0 or +1. I did not watch THAT closely to know for sure...though I remember thinking that it was not as high as the initial settings I was using.

You should be able to see what the color setting is even if you can't change it. At least you can on the 101-FD ISF modes.

bob
post #22523 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Nothing. Same old song and dance. But if your color is at 0 or heaven forbid in the +3 range it's oversaturation city.

OMFG... here we go again

-steve
My HT Setup - updated 12/25/2012
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #22524 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 PM

Well, I was wrong about the BB/MG in my area being out of pro-101's.

I decided to gamble and exchange mind due the the high pitched whine and DSE. When I did the exchange the people at the customer service desk actually heard and were disturbed by the noise.

I'm happy to report that the new dec-2008 build set (my other was feb-2009) I have now is completely quiet. I mean there is more than a night and day difference for I can't hear anything at all. I lucked out on this and no stuck pixels.

The DSE on the other hand is still there. I can't figure out if it's worse or better which probably means it's the same only that it is differant spots. At least I can go away knowing that I tried , but this is something comon and probably on all of them.
post #22525 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowknight View Post

Got my Elite today, but the process wasn't fun. Best Buy never called last night to setup a delivery time, like they were supposed to. I called them this morning about 10AM and again at 11:30. Finally turns out the truck coming from Georgia didn't have my Elite on it, no one knew why. I was disappointed, and resigned to not getting it until next week after their next shipment on Tuesday. The guy in Magnolia surprised me by checking a bunch of local Best Buys, and one actually had one on hand. He arranged for the delivery truck to pick it up and bring it by my place. The driver misunderstood my desire to have him witness me unpacking the set to make sure it wasn't damaged, when I saw him carrying the set out of the box, I about had a heart attack thinking a) it was a display model and b) he might drop it and break it. Fortunately, he just unpacked it at the truck, and I got it in okay. He seemed a little too eager to clear out when I asked him to help me put the stand on and set the TV on a coffee table, but I managed to get it on without breaking anything. I then thought the tv was broken, since it wouldn't power on. A quick call to Magnolia revealed the stand-by button on the left had to be pushed in for the set to work, and everything was fine.

I was initially disappointed by the blacks, but it turned out they just look washed out when any light is hitting the screen. After the light level dropped in the late afternoon, I finally saw the image quality I was looking for; i.e. a gigantic 34xbr960. I was originally worried I would think the screen too small since it was 50" and not 60", but it's so big I don't miss not having a 60". I've spent the day trying out Black Dynamite, The Thing, Mass Effect 2, Saint's Row 2, Uncharted 2 (demo), Killzone 2 (demo), and everything looks great. I'm going to have to wait to get it calibrated until the end of the year, and I'm going to have to come up with a work-around to having to switch between "Game" and "pure" mode constantly, but I'm happy with the image quality. The only issue is I have tinnitus, and the set seems to be setting it off something fierce even with Power Save 2 on. I'm going to give it a week, but if it's still a problem I may have to return the monitor, and I REALLY hope I don't have to.

I was a little put-off by Best Buy when they delivered my set back in June of last year. When I bought the set, we went ahead and set up delivery. I told the guy several times that when they got to my house that I wanted them to wait so I could show them where to bring the tv inside the house. I told him to make whatever notes he needed in the file so they would wait before bringing it inside. And then he ensured me that everything would be fine. I live in kind of a ranch style house with a finished basement (where the tv was going) and I didnt want them to bring the tv through the upstairs because they would have to go all the way down in the basement. I'm just really picky about this stuff. Anyways, the day it was delivered, not only did the guy not call before he got to my house (which they said they would do), they also brought the damn thing through the upstairs! I was asleep when they got there and told my grandma to tell them to wait while I was getting dressed, before they unloaded it from the truck. It couldnt have been 3 minutes later that I walk upstairs and see these idiots coming through the living room with the tv. So I'm like "hey didnt she tell you to wait?" And he's like "yeah we're just gonna go ahead and bring it in." I mean wtf man? You would think that for someone who bought a 5000 dollar tv from them that they would at least stop and ask the buyer first before they just start moving in. They didnt even talk to ME before they brought it in! And then they start to bring it downstairs, which is exactly what I didnt want, because the box is so big and the stairwell is so small that they had to bounce the box down each stair to get it to the bottom. I was going to have them go around the side to the sliding glass door and bring it in that way. So they start unboxing it and getting everything out, and they start to put the tv on its stand. And at this point I'm like half awake and pissed. Then the guy looks at me and says, "So do you want us to take the old tv off the stand and set this one up there?" Hahaha, and I'm thinking yeahh sure, NOW you ask me what I want you to do, umm sure. I told them no and just to leave the damn thing on the floor and told them to leave. Yeah, I'm terrible and I know I have issues.
post #22526 of 30510 Old 03-23-2010, 09:14 PM

Hi everyone,

We've been enjoying our Feb.2009 build Pro 151 since mid December and recently I've perceived a very slight reduction of sharpness on images (TV and Blu Ray). It's hard to describe, but it's as though the picture has lost the hard, crisp sharpness from when it was new. It still looks great, just slightly softer. I haven't changed the settings since we dialed in what we liked in December and they were not set to artificially enhance edges.
I'm wondering if others have experienced the same and if so, is this part of the normal aging process? Will calibration help restore this crispness? I'm going to try Control Cal prior to the Masters to enable ISF modes--any chance this would help?
I greatly appreciate the expert advice that those more knowledgeable than me continue to provide on this forum and would welcome your input on this topic.

Many thanks,

RichmondHill
post #22527 of 30510 Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Thank you for the kind words. It was my pleasure. Enjoy your display.
Quote:

What can I say that has not already been said? Amazing. Detail, clarity, 3-D element all improved significantly. All that and the guy is the nicest guy.

The calibration was worth every penny. Reports attached. D-Nice's work is everything that everyone says it is and then some.

post #22528 of 30510 Old 03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Thank you for the kind words. It was my pleasure. Enjoy your display.
Quote:

Well, what can I say taht hasn't been said before. D-Nice calibrated my 151FD on Saturday night. Very professional, knowledgable and a nice guy. Highly recommend if he is in your area. Below are my results and my before results using Optimum mode with the color sensor. What an improvement!

The Optimum one is the before. The Pure, ISF-Night and ISF-Day are the afters...

-Evangelo2

post #22529 of 30510 Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson25 View Post

I was a little put-off by Best Buy when they delivered my set back in June of last year. When I bought the set, we went ahead and set up delivery. I told the guy several times that when they got to my house that I wanted them to wait so I could show them where to bring the tv inside the house. I told him to make whatever notes he needed in the file so they would wait before bringing it inside. And then he ensured me that everything would be fine. I live in kind of a ranch style house with a finished basement (where the tv was going) and I didnt want them to bring the tv through the upstairs because they would have to go all the way down in the basement. I'm just really picky about this stuff. Anyways, the day it was delivered, not only did the guy not call before he got to my house (which they said they would do), they also brought the damn thing through the upstairs! I was asleep when they got there and told my grandma to tell them to wait while I was getting dressed, before they unloaded it from the truck. It couldnt have been 3 minutes later that I walk upstairs and see these idiots coming through the living room with the tv. So I'm like "hey didnt she tell you to wait?" And he's like "yeah we're just gonna go ahead and bring it in." I mean wtf man? You would think that for someone who bought a 5000 dollar tv from them that they would at least stop and ask the buyer first before they just start moving in. They didnt even talk to ME before they brought it in! And then they start to bring it downstairs, which is exactly what I didnt want, because the box is so big and the stairwell is so small that they had to bounce the box down each stair to get it to the bottom. I was going to have them go around the side to the sliding glass door and bring it in that way. So they start unboxing it and getting everything out, and they start to put the tv on its stand. And at this point I'm like half awake and pissed. Then the guy looks at me and says, "So do you want us to take the old tv off the stand and set this one up there?" Hahaha, and I'm thinking yeahh sure, NOW you ask me what I want you to do, umm sure. I told them no and just to leave the damn thing on the floor and told them to leave. Yeah, I'm terrible and I know I have issues.

I, too, have tinnitus and my 151 bothered me at the very beginning. seemed to stop over time or i just got used to it. don't know which, but no longer an issue. I noticed the buzzing at first with my tinnitus problem, but like I said, either it diminshes over time or I got used to it. Don't even hear it any more.
post #22530 of 30510 Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 PM

Unfortunately, D-Nice is not in my area... Anybody know a first class highly recommended ISF tech in Los Angeles area? Gotta be a billion of them out here... but I have no frickin' idea.

Thx!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Pioneer Elite , Plasma Hdtv , Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Elite Plasma Hdtv Pro111fd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page