151FD Product Brochure

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread

The Official 9G Pioneer General Discussion Thread

9G Elite Reviews

D-Nice's Review of the Pro-111FD

Sound and Vision's Review of the Pro-111FD

Ultimate AV's review of the Pro-111FD

CNet's review of the Pro-111FD

It seems I'm the first to get the PRO-151FD in this forum so I figured I'd start the Thread.

First impressions:

Can notice blacker blacks over 5010. It's hard to tell were the bezel ends with the black bars.

Initial start up is set to performance mode.

While in the menu. Very slight buzz when you put your head behind the set. Can't hear it in front at all. Haven't try TV or video yet but I will before I start break-in.

Update regarding buzz:

While running the break-in disc, I do hear a buzz which does change pitch from dark to light screens, light screens higher pitch, but I have to be 2 to 3 feet from the front to hear it and it's the same as my 5010. My DVR box is louder then the buzz.

Not the brightest backlite remote I've seen. It's a little hard to see if the room is very dark.

I like the menus better then the 5010. I didn't care for the windows xp-ish menus in the 5010.

It has a great tool menu that comes up from the bottom during viewing which you can change settings like picture mode and screen size. Here's the post of the picture. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...4&postcount=10

PRO-111FD/151FD Specs:

- High-Definition 1080p Resolution (1920 x 1080p)

- 50”/60" Diagonal Class / 16:9 Wide-Screen Aspect Ratio

- 1080 Progressive Image Reproduction with ability to accept 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i / and TRUE 1080p 24fps signals

- New Deeper, Intense Blacks for Unmatched Contrast (5x Previous Generation)

- New Thinner Cosmetic Design with ››Elegant Acrylic Bezel

- New, Improved Optimum Mode. Automatically analyses and adjusts audio and video settings according to specific room light conditions and type of light and color. Program content is also monitored and finely adjusted so movies, sports and news are all faithfully reproduced. Includes OSD with status.

- New External Color Sensor

- Room Light Sensor for automatic picture adjustment adjustment

- PureCinema Smooth Film Motion mode to eliminate motion jutter in 3:2 Pulldown (60Hz) providing natural even playback of content created on film

- 4 Independent HDMI 1.3 inputs with HDMI-CEC control and the ability ››to accept 1080p 24/60Hz signal

- Standard 3:2 (60Hz) and Advanced PureCinema with 3:3 Pulldown (72Hz) for accurate playback of film content

- Fully integrated ATSC and NTSC Tuner with Clear QAM

- Home Media Gallery – offering a multimedia experience to enjoy movies, music and photos through an existing home network or USB memory device

- ISFccc Calibration Ready for professional customization of plasma picture according to personal preferences for contrast, tint, color as well as room conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Includes:

- Independent Gamma Control (R / G / B) for heightened color ––calibration

- V-Chip Parental Control

- Remote Control – Illuminated / Preset Mode / Learning Mode

- New Advanced Redesigned GUI

- A/V Selection Memory – 10 options for viewing preferences: Optimum / Performance / Sports / Movie / PURE / Game / Standard*/ ISF-Day / ISF-Night / ISF-Auto (PC input: only Standard)

- Aspect Ratio Control – 9 positions: Auto* / Full / “Dot by Dot” / Zoom* / Cinema* / 4:3 / Wide* (only for SD) / Wide1* (only for HD) / Wide2* (only for HD) *Except PC signal

- Advanced Picture-in-Picture (4 positions), Picture-side-Picture for use with Home Media Gallery & Broadcast and Still Picture capability

- After-Image Reduction Function

- Orbiter (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)

- Auto Size (Off/ Natural / Wide-Zoom)

- Side Mask Detection (Mode 1 – for black side masks / Mode 2 – for black & illustrated side masks)

- Side Mask Brightness Sync (Fixed / Auto)

- Video Pattern (White Bar)

- Game Control Preference (AV Selection: only Game) (Off / On)

- Fine Tune Setting for ultimate picture control of color temperature, noise reduction and color management

- Intelligent Mode (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)

- Room Light Sensor & New External Color Sensor (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)

See less See more
#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwong /forum/post/14080950

Congrats on the new set. Who said we'd see them in June?
Who said east coast gets them first?

Anyways, more pics as always!

Russ

Lol, you rock Russ!

#9 ·
congrats asystole 13 welcome to the Kuro Elite Club

so where did you get it from, a local dealer or a bb/mag?

man pioneer is speeding up the normal yearly product cycle. the first Pro150FD hit about 29th of August 2007, it's only ~9 1/2 months and the new models are out, wow.

#10 ·
No one is more shocked then me that I 'm looking at it right now. I put in a dvd and turned all the fans and everything else that makes noise off. The buzz is the same as in the menus. Can only hear it when I put my head behind the set.

It has a cool popup tools menu while you are watching the tv which you can change the picture mode and the screen size.

I am going to start the break-in now.

#11 ·
That's awesome, asystole! Only 4 more days for me...

What TV did you come from before the 151?

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 /forum/post/14081111

congrats asystole 13 welcome to the Kuro Elite Club

so where did you get it from, a local dealer or a bb/mag?

man pioneer is speeding up the normal yearly product cycle. the first Pro150FD hit about 29th of August 2007, it's only ~9 1/2 months and the new models are out, wow.

Thanks dssturbo1,

I got it at bb/mag? I walked in wednesday night and the sales guy said they had over 100 in stock at the warehouse and that he could have it at the store on friday. I didn't really believe him but it turns out that he was correct. I called today at noon and they said they had it at the store. Picked it up at 8:00pm.

#16 ·
SERIOUSLY! What Vashti said!

#17 ·
asystole, thanks for the reassurance! My brother is buying my XBR5 this Monday, we're hauling that to his place and then Tuesday, I'll likely be picking up the 151 and having my brother help me to get it set into place.

I think you mentioned it in the other thread, but how easy was it to put the panel onto the stand??

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 /forum/post/14081133

asy,

First of all, I hate you
getting past that! How much of an improvement would say the blacks are over the 5010. Slight or quite noticeable to the point the whole pic looks a lot better?

How about the brightness compared to the 5010?

Congrats man!!!!!

I've been playing with the setting in pure mode and the blacks are definitely blacker. I wouldn't say it's night and day but you can see the difference. I only have a dvd player hooked up to it right now because it just started the break-in. I put in saw 2 which is dark and man the blacks are unbelievable even on a dvd.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole /forum/post/14081150

asystole, thanks for the reassurance! My brother is buying my XBR5 this Monday, we're hauling that to his place and then Tuesday, I'll likely be picking up the 151 and having my brother help me to get it set into place.

I think you mentioned it in the other thread, but how easy was it to put the panel onto the stand??

Very easy. Took me about 20 minutes to set everything up (stand and speakers). That is while I was taking pics for you guys.