Pioneer 111FD and 151FD Owner's Manual111FD Product Brochure151FD Product BrochureThe Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues ThreadThe Official 9G Pioneer General Discussion Thread
9G Elite ReviewsD-Nice's Review of the Pro-111FDSound and Vision's Review of the Pro-111FDUltimate AV's review of the Pro-111FDCNet's review of the Pro-111FD
It seems I'm the first to get the PRO-151FD in this forum so I figured I'd start the Thread.
Can notice blacker blacks over 5010. It's hard to tell were the bezel ends with the black bars.
Initial start up is set to performance mode.
While in the menu. Very slight buzz when you put your head behind the set. Can't hear it in front at all. Haven't try TV or video yet but I will before I start break-in.
Update regarding buzz:
While running the break-in disc, I do hear a buzz which does change pitch from dark to light screens, light screens higher pitch, but I have to be 2 to 3 feet from the front to hear it and it's the same as my 5010. My DVR box is louder then the buzz.
Not the brightest backlite remote I've seen. It's a little hard to see if the room is very dark.
I like the menus better then the 5010. I didn't care for the windows xp-ish menus in the 5010.
It has a great tool menu that comes up from the bottom during viewing which you can change settings like picture mode and screen size. Here's the post of the picture. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...4&postcount=10PRO-111FD/151FD Specs:
- High-Definition 1080p Resolution (1920 x 1080p)
- 50”/60" Diagonal Class / 16:9 Wide-Screen Aspect Ratio
- 1080 Progressive Image Reproduction with ability to accept 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i / and TRUE 1080p 24fps signals
- New Deeper, Intense Blacks for Unmatched Contrast (5x Previous Generation)
- New Thinner Cosmetic Design with ››Elegant Acrylic Bezel
- New, Improved Optimum Mode. Automatically analyses and adjusts audio and video settings according to specific room light conditions and type of light and color. Program content is also monitored and finely adjusted so movies, sports and news are all faithfully reproduced. Includes OSD with status.
- New External Color Sensor
- Room Light Sensor for automatic picture adjustment adjustment
- PureCinema Smooth Film Motion mode to eliminate motion jutter in 3:2 Pulldown (60Hz) providing natural even playback of content created on film
- 4 Independent HDMI 1.3 inputs with HDMI-CEC control and the ability ››to accept 1080p 24/60Hz signal
- Standard 3:2 (60Hz) and Advanced PureCinema with 3:3 Pulldown (72Hz) for accurate playback of film content
- Fully integrated ATSC and NTSC Tuner with Clear QAM
- Home Media Gallery – offering a multimedia experience to enjoy movies, music and photos through an existing home network or USB memory device
- ISFccc Calibration Ready for professional customization of plasma picture according to personal preferences for contrast, tint, color as well as room conditions for both day and nighttime viewing. Includes:
- Independent Gamma Control (R / G / B) for heightened color ––calibration
- V-Chip Parental Control
- Remote Control – Illuminated / Preset Mode / Learning Mode
- New Advanced Redesigned GUI
- A/V Selection Memory – 10 options for viewing preferences: Optimum / Performance / Sports / Movie / PURE / Game / Standard*/ ISF-Day / ISF-Night / ISF-Auto (PC input: only Standard)
- Aspect Ratio Control – 9 positions: Auto* / Full / “Dot by Dot” / Zoom* / Cinema* / 4:3 / Wide* (only for SD) / Wide1* (only for HD) / Wide2* (only for HD) *Except PC signal
- Advanced Picture-in-Picture (4 positions), Picture-side-Picture for use with Home Media Gallery & Broadcast and Still Picture capability
- After-Image Reduction Function
- Orbiter (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)
- Auto Size (Off/ Natural / Wide-Zoom)
- Side Mask Detection (Mode 1 – for black side masks / Mode 2 – for black & illustrated side masks)
- Side Mask Brightness Sync (Fixed / Auto)
- Video Pattern (White Bar)
- Game Control Preference (AV Selection: only Game) (Off / On)
- Fine Tune Setting for ultimate picture control of color temperature, noise reduction and color management
- Intelligent Mode (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)
- Room Light Sensor & New External Color Sensor (Off / Mode 1 / Mode 2)