Pioneer 9G "buzz" poll (Elite and non-Elite) - Page 55 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Does your 9G Pioneer have a "buzz"?
No buzz 0 0%
Only from back of set 0 0%
Only when sitting close (less than 4 ft) 0 0%
Yes, but it's not annoying 0 0%
Yes, and it's annoying 0 0%
Yes, and it's the reason I returned the set 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 1626 Old 05-09-2010, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Responding back to this older thread since I just went through a buzz incident, and while the poll is older, it doesn't have an option for " My set was ok, then started buzzing"

For me the answer is that the set always had a soft buzz, well within tolerances for a device like this, then after about 9 months it developed a pronounced buzz for the first 30 minutes which would quiet down as the set warmed up.

The power supply was replaced under warranty, and the unit is back to making the soft and to me perfectly acceptable "buzz"

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1626 Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Liked: 10
I noticed if it is 75 degrees or higher it doesn't buzz long after i turn it on. if it is below 70 it takes about 10-15 minutes for the buzz to go away.

TC-P50V10 Build Date: April 2009
A-Board replaced on 1/4/2010 w/1.24, updated to 1.28.
Current 0% IRE: 0.034FtL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Putting the 50V10 downstairs. Bought a new Elite 101FD
post #1623 of 1626 Old 05-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post

I noticed if it is 75 degrees or higher it doesn't buzz long after i turn it on. if it is below 70 it takes about 10-15 minutes for the buzz to go away.

Since I'm in Boston, pretty much October to May the house is 55 degrees when no one is home, and 68 when we're here, and indeed in the colder months the buzz was much louder until the unit warmed up. In fact it was annoying enough I would start the set up, go and read some email, then come back.

Replacing the power supply resolved my issue.
post #1624 of 1626 Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have been enjoying my 6020FD for almost 2 years. We just moved 30 miles away in December (metro-Detroit), and I can confirm that the panel has generated a new level of BUZZ that was not present before. I thot it could have been:
* Exposure to Cold during transit
* Damage during transit
* Noise in the electrical at the 'new' house (40yrs old)

It's been buzzing for 10 hours. I'll continue to monitor and report back here if the situation changes.

P.S. On a personal note, I've been unable to watch movies for over 3 months. When I finally got the TV set up and turned on at 3am last night, and heard the loud noise coming from the panel, it was a TOTAL BUZZ-KILL!!!

P.P.S. I just noticed that my signature is more appropriate than ever: 'Video Equipment is to be seen and not heard'.

WHATTHEDILEO
Some people LOVE MUSIC.
Some people LOVE the SOUND of music.
If you don't know the difference, then you LIKE MUSIC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1625 of 1626 Old 03-26-2011, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATTHEDILEO View Post

I have been enjoying my 6020FD for almost 2 years. We just moved 30 miles away in December (metro-Detroit), and I can confirm that the panel has generated a new level of BUZZ that was not present before. I thot it could have been:
* Exposure to Cold during transit
* Damage during transit
* Noise in the electrical at the 'new' house (40yrs old)

It's been buzzing for 10 hours. I'll continue to monitor and report back here if the situation changes.

P.S. On a personal note, I've been unable to watch movies for over 3 months. When I finally got the TV set up and turned on at 3am last night, and heard the loud noise coming from the panel, it was a TOTAL BUZZ-KILL!!!

P.P.S. I just noticed that my signature is more appropriate than ever: 'Video Equipment is to be seen and not heard'.

Keep in mind that the physical setting plays a huge role in "buzz perception." Room acoustics and seating position (relative to the panel) can both have a significant impact on how loud it seems to be. With your move, you're using your Kuro in a completely new and different space....so while I'm not rejecting the notion that it could have developed a "new" buzz, I think it's also entirely possible that it's been consistent all along and your new setup just makes it much more audible (and annoying ).
post #1626 of 1626 Old 01-25-2013, 03:18 PM

Liked: 10
My 500M gets the buzz from the back of panel recently. I opened up and found that the source of buzz (sound like "dee" constantly) should be from the two sustain boards (driving circuits?). Can somebody advise whether buzz can be solved if I replace the two sustain boards?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page