AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Effective Immediately

Elite owners with panel serial numbers of HEPM000999UC and lower, please refrain from using my current settings. Your panels have different values that cause Green to be plus 4-5% of what it should actually be. The majority of the panels in this batch had the Kuro sticker in the upper right hand corner of the bezel.

I will create settings specific to this batch of panels at a later date.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

uh oh, damn sticker.....

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post

I loaded up the break in thumbdrive. So, I don't know too much about the set. I did press the display button and it does say 1/20 all the way up to 20/20.

I noticed you said there is 21 still images, is that correct because I got 20?

Maybe I'll stop the slides and check the USB again.

D-Nice or others. I never saw a reply to this post earlier today and I am curious about it too. The thumbdrive breakin has 20 picture files and one thumb.db file that doesn't open. What is this file and is it a big deal if it isn't opening as part of the process? Also, it was mentioned there is a 6 second delay between each color slide where it just goes black.
post #363 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

If it's of any help, I think I got one of the newest builds for my 151FD, serial HEPM0064xxUC, August 2008. No KURO sticker, hardware and software versions in the menu are the same that everyone else has reported.

I've got a July 08 build date and s/n starts with HGPM. I am in Canada so E and G could be country specific. Where does my unit stand?

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #364 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 View Post

I've got a July 08 build date and s/n starts with HGPM. I am in Canada so E and G could be country specific. Where does my unit stand?

Whoa, big oops on my part...

My serial number is actually HHPM0064xxUC not E. The second letter must correspond with month build, i.e. H = 8th letter in alphabet, 8th month of the year = August.
post #365 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin hd View Post

D-Nice or others. I never saw a reply to this post earlier today and I am curious about it too. The thumbdrive breakin has 20 picture files and one thumb.db file that doesn't open. What is this file and is it a big deal if it isn't opening as part of the process? Also, it was mentioned there is a 6 second delay between each color slide where it just goes black.

There are only 20 images. It says it on Evangelo's site too where you downloaded it. 150 hours should still be good. If you want to make up for the 7 second gaps, run it for 156 hours total (extra 6 hours) to make sure you get 150 full hours of screen colors.

I ran mine for only 100 hours total using the thumbdrive.

Ignore the thumb.db file. You can delete it. Just a system file created by Windows XP/Vista if viewing the folder in thumbnail view.

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #366 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My serial number is actually HHPM0064xxUC not E. The second letter must correspond with month build, i.e. H = 8th letter in alphabet, 8th month of the year = August.

cool. ok that makes more sense then country specific. E would mean May build date, about the same time the valuable Kuro stickers last appeared. I should be good then.

post #367 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 PM

AliAskary,

Mine is HFPM (which according to the alphabet theory would make it a June build). I believe we got it from the same store. No sticker on mine.

J.
post #368 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
HFPM0017xxUC is my build, so that means I'm alright exempt from that category, right?

I'll be interested to see the difference in the settings, regardless.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
post #369 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mine is an earlier build, and came with a sticker, which is probably why it doesn't buzz.

JUST KIDDING!
post #370 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:

Effective Immediately

Elite owners with panel serial numbers of HEPM000999UC and lower, please refrain from using my current settings. Your panels have different values that cause Green to be plus 4-5% of what it should actually be. The majority of the panels in this batch had the Kuro sticker in the upper right hand corner of the bezel.

I will create settings specific to this batch of panels at a later date.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yup! Got me a sticker and a low HEPM number built in June 2008. Everything makes more sense now, thought I needed an eye exam. Will refrain from using your current settings, but do you have an alternate suggestion or advice in the meantime?
Thanks for reporting this update, D-Nice!.....-bird
post #371 of 10822 Old 08-13-2008, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Effective Immediately

Elite owners with panel serial numbers of HEPM000999UC and lower...

When you say "and lower" do you mean just the number part, or the first four letters too?
post #372 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 05:47 AM

Well I have a June Build HFPM serial and had a sticker on mine, what does that mean?
post #373 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 05:49 AM

Yes, Dnice are we talking about the first part of the serial number (letters) or the last part the numbers, because the numbers in mine are lower than 999.
post #374 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 218
999 and lower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #375 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonbek777 View Post

Well I have a June Build HFPM serial and had a sticker on mine, what does that mean?

You might have the very last panel that came with a sticker. Almost all June builds lack stickers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #376 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 AM

Well it explains why everyone else's setttings made me think they were a little green. Hope you get some settings for us 'lucky ducks' soon. It will be awhile before I get my unit ISF calibrated, I am waiting on the rest of my new speakers first.
post #377 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:

You might have the very last panel that came with a sticker. Almost all June builds lack stickers.

I must have one of the last June panels too that also came with a sticker. Mine is a June/08 build S/N HFPM000631UC. That said with your current settings applied, at least to my eyes, I dont see all that much of a green push but what do I know One thing I would like to know D is if you think since these panels as you say have different values that cuase green to be plus 4-5% of what they should be cuase you to have to play with the G high and G low on the color temp setting in order to correct this?

BTW, just so Im absolutley clear on this, despite the letters on my S/N (HFPM) being different than the ones you posted (HEPM) the only thing that would we should actually look for that would indicate if we have one of these panels you warn about is if the last 3 numbers are lower than 999 like mine and not the letters. Sorry if Im having you repeat youself, wanted to be extra sure if I DO have one of these panels.

Thanks as always!
post #378 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM

luvnhateSony, it really depends on the material for me. I don't have my blu-ray player yet, but on dvds, there are quite a few where indoors scenes create a greenish glow to skin tones and faces. I think in many of these cases there is already a green bias in the source that the kuro settings make worse.
post #379 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

You know, I wonder if it still applies to me, even though mine is above 999. Initially, I reported that D-Nice's settings looked too green to me.

We'll see when he releases his settings specifically for those units. Mine is a June build date, too.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
post #380 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Presence or absence of stickers is no definite indicator either. My 151 is a July build and had the sticker. The number is well above 999 too and I don't see any indication of excess green.

post #381 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin hd View Post

It's only 20 images, the last is just a property file and not supposed to play. The transition of slides are normal. Everything is running fine. These were confirmed by previous posts, maybe some that were deleted.

My only problem is I don't think the shades are really changing within the 4 primary colors. The white to black is the only one I can distinguish a change. The first one is not total white, but more grayish, 2 and 3 might be darker, but look the same between the two. The 4th and 5th do change from each other, with the 5th showing the biggest contrast, but not black, more med. gray. The red, green, and blue are pretty much the same within their respective colors. I had a few friends over and they all say the same or are just like me, not too sure. One friend even thought it got lighter as it transitioned forward.

I wonder if it was a optical illusion stuff-( 6 second transition, comparisons to the file on a bright computer screen, space restrictions - viewing within a 3' to 5' space ), but come on now, 3 friends and my girl? Something's wrong, I keep downloading the file and extracting to the thumbdrive and same thing. It's been 5 days breaking in now, so I don't even know anymore. Just try out the reference setting...tomorrow?

Last thing-going down the menu in pro adjust, the last setting after Noise Reduction is Option, hit that and 3DYC option set to mid- what's that? I'm using D-Nice's setting to the T and rechecking my settings and I found that.
post #382 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:

My build date is June 2008 and my letters are HEPM.
post #383 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 AM

What settings are people going to use until D-Nice can get to providing updated settings for us?I have an HEPM panel and am at a loss as to how to proceed. D-Nice?
post #384 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnhateSony View Post

I must have one of the last June panels too that also came with a sticker. Mine is a June/08 build S/N HFPM000631UC. That said with your current settings applied, at least to my eyes, I dont see all that much of a green push but what do I know One thing I would like to know D is if you think since these panels as you say have different values that cuase green to be plus 4-5% of what they should be cuase you to have to play with the G high and G low on the color temp setting in order to correct this?

No. As i've said before, one should never have to touch the G High/Low controls. Use those controls only after you have exhausted all other avenues. One only needs to boost the Red and Blue High values to take care of the plus green grayscale.

I will have settings for the "HEPM" owners soon.

Quote:

BTW, just so Im absolutley clear on this, despite the letters on my S/N (HFPM) being different than the ones you posted (HEPM) the only thing that would we should actually look for that would indicate if we have one of these panels you warn about is if the last 3 numbers are lower than 999 like mine and not the letters. Sorry if Im having you repeat youself, wanted to be extra sure if I DO have one of these panels.

Thanks as always!

The affected panels are from HEPM000001UC through HEPM000999UC). I haven't heard of any serial numbers above 999 on the HEPM batch.

post #385 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Presence or absence of stickers is no definite indicator either. My 151 is a July build and had the sticker. The number is well above 999 too and I don't see any indication of excess green.

What matters the most is the first part of the serial number. The HEPM series is the only culprit.....so far.

post #386 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdliver View Post

Mine isn't consistant with what you suggest. My build date is June 2008 and my letters are HEPM. 5th letter of the alphabet E = May, 6th month of the year= June.

The E is the month of the year. You have a panel that was assembled in June with a May PDP module. You are probably affected by the plus green grayscale.

post #387 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post

It's only 20 images, the last is just a property file and not supposed to play. The transition of slides are normal. Everything is running fine. These were confirmed by previous posts, maybe some that were deleted.

My only problem is I don't think the shades are really changing within the 4 primary colors. The white to black is the only one I can distinguish a change. The first one is not total white, but more grayish, 2 and 3 might be darker, but look the same between the two. The 4th and 5th do change from each other, with the 5th showing the biggest contrast, but not black, more med. gray. The red, green, and blue are pretty much the same within their respective colors. I had a few friends over and they all say the same or are just like me, not too sure. One friend even thought it got lighter as it transitioned forward.

I wonder if it was a optical illusion stuff-( 6 second transition, comparisons to the file on a bright computer screen, space restrictions - viewing within a 3' to 5' space ), but come on now, 3 friends and my girl? Something's wrong, I keep downloading the file and extracting to the thumbdrive and same thing. It's been 5 days breaking in now, so I don't even know anymore. Just try out the reference setting...tomorrow?

Last thing-going down the menu in pro adjust, the last setting after Noise Reduction is Option, hit that and 3DYC option set to mid- what's that? I'm using D-Nice's setting to the T and rechecking my settings and I found that.

3DYC is a feature for analog sources. It should be grayed out for any of your digital sources.

Regarding the shade changes.....have you tried the break-in DVD to see if there is a difference?

post #388 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:

The E is the month of the year. You have a panel that was assembled in June with a May PDP module. You are probably affected by the plus green grayscale.

I understand now and it makes perfect sense. I'm quite certain that I am affected and will wait for your new settings. Thanks for catching this and alerting us D-Nice. -bird
post #389 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 09:45 AM

I originally posted this question over on the 9G Elite thread and the discussion seems to have gotten involved in other topics and this is probably a better thread for the question anyway,so.....A quick question about the manual setting in the colour temp menu of the 111. I have not gone in there as of yet and was wondering what exactly does it alter? Presently I use the low colour temp, if I press manual would the adjustments be based on that setting. For example if LOW was too blue in low end would manual Blue low put at -2 correct that or is the manual setting independent of the other 5 levels. If so, is "manual" (all settings at 0) set at about 6500k? What if you were using MID colour temp and wanted to tweak it up +2 in the red high range, would you have to alter all the values to get manual up to the MID temp, then fine tune? If you alter manual, does the setting stay there or are the changes seen in all the colour temps listed. The instruction manual does not specify and does not indicate the base colour temp, if any, for the manual setting. For example, if you set manual to +5 Blue LOW, would this be refelected in the other colour temps or is manual a totally independent setting?

Thanks if you can shed any light on this....

P.E.H.
post #390 of 10822 Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phannon View Post

I originally posted this question over on the 9G Elite thread and the discussion seems to have gotten involved in other topics and this is probably a better thread for the question anyway,so.....A quick question about the manual setting in the colour temp menu of the 111. I have not gone in there as of yet and was wondering what exactly does it alter? Presently I use the low colour temp, if I press manual would the adjustments be based on that setting. For example if LOW was too blue in low end would manual Blue low put at -2 correct that or is the manual setting independent of the other 5 levels. If so, is "manual" (all settings at 0) set at about 6500k? What if you were using MID colour temp and wanted to tweak it up +2 in the red high range, would you have to alter all the values to get manual up to the MID temp, then fine tune? If you alter manual, does the setting stay there or are the changes seen in all the colour temps listed. The instruction manual does not specify and does not indicate the base colour temp, if any, for the manual setting. For example, if you set manual to +5 Blue LOW, would this be refelected in the other colour temps or is manual a totally independent setting?

Thanks if you can shed any light on this....

P.E.H.

I believe manual is a completely different setting.

What is dead can never die. Long live my 151!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page