1Likes
post #10801 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
To change settings you have to use control cal. I don't like that about the ISF modes. I'm always playing with settings and to have to use CC everytime I want to make an adjustment is not good at all.
That's what I thought.that not something i would try I had to have a friend of mine unlock the ISF mode for me because i'm not too good with computers. I'm lucky I can open my email lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10802 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
That's what I thought.that not something i would try I had to have a friend of mine unlock the ISF mode for me because i'm not too good with computers. I'm lucky I can open my email lol
My cable should be here today and tomorrow i should get around to using CC. It seemed very difficult and confusing at first but i've been reading about the process for awhile, and playing around with the software, and it should be easy i think. Are you using any settings for day /night or did you leave them they way they are?

home theater addict
post #10803 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
My cable should be here today and tomorrow i should get around to using CC. It seemed very difficult and confusing at first but i've been reading about the process for awhile, and playing around with the software, and it should be easy i think. Are you using any settings for day /night or did you leave them they way they are?
All I did was just unlock ISF day/night mode that was it we did not make any adjustments. My question to you is when you have the tv in ISF mode in your picture menu should your normal adjustments like brightness and contrast should they be gray out?
post #10804 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcapprotti View Post
All I did was just unlock ISF day/night mode that was it we did not make any adjustments. My question to you is when you have the tv in ISF mode in your picture menu should your normal adjustments like brightness and contrast should they be gray out?
Yes, it is normal for them to be grayed out. The ISF modes are more accurate, and are intended for use by calibrators.

ControlCal was created by Turbe to unlock the modes, and enable you to calibrate the settings using his program through a laptop connected via a serial cable to your display, and not through the tv menu itself.

This way, noone (kids) can fiddle with your settings.

All you did was make the ISF modes visible.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #10805 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
Yes, it is normal for them to be grayed out. The ISF modes are more accurate, and are intended for use by calibrators.

ControlCal was created by Turbe to unlock the modes, and enable you to calibrate the settings using his program through a laptop connected via a serial cable to your display, and not through the tv menu itself.

Thanks that makes perfect sense
post #10806 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post

I'm not getting my TV calibrated. All I want to do is use them. Is there a point then in getting these modes if I'm not going to calibrate my tv? I was asking this on the last page. Is there still an improvement with the default day and night settings?

EDIT-

Kids are not suppose to be around these displays anyway. Or anybody changing settings should ask first. I'm a loner so I don't have those problems. Still, I don't think that's a good reason to have to set CC back up everytime you want to change something.

Unless that's the way they're built and Turbe/Pioneer didn't have a choice.

home theater addict

Last edited by saprano; 08-22-2014 at 10:59 AM.
post #10807 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 88
On many models, the ISFccc Interface isn't accessed with the remote (by design) including for the Pioneer, 30/50 Series Panasonic models, etc.

When you do a proper calibration and/or like to do make many adjustments, you will find value in ControlCAL

You have one of the best displays, deserving of a calibration.. I suggest you start down the path of DIY calibration (you can start very slowly, a disc like AVS HD 709, Spears & Munsil, then try ColorHCFR).. who knows, you may find you have a new hobby you enjoy
dsskid likes this.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

Last edited by turbe; 08-22-2014 at 11:13 AM.
post #10808 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
I'm not getting my TV calibrated. All I want to do is use them. Is there a point then in getting these modes if I'm not going to calibrate my tv? I was asking this on the last page. Is there still an improvement with the default day and night settings?

EDIT-

Kids are not suppose to be around these displays anyway. Or anybody changing settings should ask first. I'm a loner so I don't have those problems. Still, I don't think that's a good reason to have to set CC back up everytime you want to change something.

Unless that's the way they're built and Turbe/Pioneer didn't have a choice.
As Turbe stated, the Kuros deserve a proper calibration. If you have no desire to buy/rent a meter and software and perform a full calibration yourself, or don't want the expense of paying for a pro calibration, there really is no reason to utilize the ISF modes.

I would then recommend using a calibration disc with the display in "Pure" mode, and setting: black level, contrast, color & tint.

For those who demand more, a DIY calibration using a meter and calibration software using Pure mode, or unlocking the ISF modes and using Turbe's ControlCal software would yield excellent results.

And for others who demand their displays yield as close to the standard as the display is capable, seek out a professional calibrator who will calibrate the ISF modes.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #10809 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 64
If you are not going to have the set ISF calibrated then most Kuro owners do their own calibration in the PURE setting using a calibration disc. If rcapprotti has the ISF setting available doesn't that indicate the sets already been ISF calibrated? As I remember, five years ago when I got my 141fd that ISF nite/day did not show when I cycled through the "AV Selection" settings until after the set was ISF calibrated by Lee Gallagher.
post #10810 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post
On many models, the ISFccc Interface isn't accessed with the remote (by design) including for the Pioneer, 30/50 Series Panasonic models, etc.

When you do a proper calibration and/or like to do make many adjustments, you will find value in ControlCAL

You have one of the best displays, deserving of a calibration.. I suggest you start down the path of DIY calibration (you can start very slowly, a disc like AVS HD 709, Spears & Munsil, then try ColorHCFR).. who knows, you may find you have a new hobby you enjoy
But why not make it possible to change settings without CC after you unlock them?

I'm already using pure and movie mode settings from D-Nice that i like. And i do have a Disney WOW disc that i use sometimes. I always thought the ISF modes had hardcoded settings that made them different from the other modes. Yes i know a calibration will make a TV better but i thought i would at least get some improvement with them. I'm really not thinking about calibrating my display anytime soon. I would like to try a software like ChromaPure, but again that's not anytime soon for reasons. D-Nice's settings on the first page are not good enough? Those say 2008 kuros though. He never made any new settings?

I just remembered I can't even use the WOW disc properly since when I go to the picture menu and select one the color temperature of the TV changes. I asked about this before but nobody had an answer why that happens.

home theater addict

Last edited by saprano; 08-22-2014 at 12:07 PM.
post #10811 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 88
It's how the ISFccc Interface was designed. Also, the 9G Pioneer ISFccc Interface is a different base template than the other AV Selections (including Pure) on those models, some more info HERE. Users have posted ISFccc settings (including from D-Nice) HERE.

Not sure why WOW would be changing the AV Selection's colortemp...

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

Last edited by turbe; 08-22-2014 at 12:46 PM.
post #10812 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

It's not WOW it's the display itself. Color temp changes and it gets brighter.

home theater addict
post #10813 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Don't forget you also get an increase in peak output over all other user modes when using ISF modes, you really need to get it calibrated.
post #10814 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

As i said i'm not calibrating right now so is it still worth it with D-Nice settings?

Turbe how much is the activation key again?

home theater addict
post #10815 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post
If you are not going to have the set ISF calibrated then most Kuro owners do their own calibration in the PURE setting using a calibration disc. If rcapprotti has the ISF setting available doesn't that indicate the sets already been ISF calibrated? As I remember, five years ago when I got my 141fd that ISF nite/day did not show when I cycled through the "AV Selection" settings until after the set was ISF calibrated by Lee Gallagher.
No it has not been calibrated just unlock the ISF day and night mode
post #10816 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 64
^ Saw that when I reread your first post again.
post #10817 of 10825 Old 08-22-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post
^ Saw that when I reread your first post again.
I wish it was calibrated
post #10818 of 10825 Old 08-25-2014, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone know if it was only the late north american kuros which are classified as 9.5g or did some late japanese made models also have the same lowered black levels ?
post #10819 of 10825 Old 08-25-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhed View Post
Does anyone know if it was only the late north american kuros which are classified as 9.5g or did some late japanese made models also have the same lowered black levels ?
According some industry insiders a selected batch of 50-inch KRP models contained modules and driver software intended for the third generation of Kuros (10G in Pioneer PDP speak) featuring ''infinite Black'' technology. These specific models are the so called 9.5Gs.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/zt65-...1305283044.htm
post #10820 of 10825 Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The hissing / buzzing noise from my Pioneer Kuro LX5090H has really started to escalate the last 1-2 months... I've had this television since 2009 and there has always been a slight buzzing noise from the start, like there is with all Plasma televisions. But the amount of noise from my LX5090H has escalate with x10 the past month or so. Its really starting to drive myself and my Fiancée crazy.

Is there some smart tricks to deal with this horrible noise? It has been barely audible up until now. Currently its still CLEARLY audible even when watching TV, movies etc with some decent volume levels.. It pretty much renders the television rather useless
post #10821 of 10825 Old 09-06-2014, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
The hissing / buzzing noise from my Pioneer Kuro LX5090H has really started to escalate the last 1-2 months... I've had this television since 2009 and there has always been a slight buzzing noise from the start, like there is with all Plasma televisions. But the amount of noise from my LX5090H has escalate with x10 the past month or so. Its really starting to drive myself and my Fiancée crazy.

Is there some smart tricks to deal with this horrible noise? It has been barely audible up until now. Currently its still CLEARLY audible even when watching TV, movies etc with some decent volume levels.. It pretty much renders the television rather useless

My 5090H is starting to have the same problem. Not quite bad enough to render it not watchable but annoying all the same. The buzzing is coming from the boards at the top of the set. Is there any adjustments in the service menu that can reduce the noise??
post #10822 of 10825 Old 09-07-2014, 04:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglebug View Post
My 5090H is starting to have the same problem. Not quite bad enough to render it not watchable but annoying all the same. The buzzing is coming from the boards at the top of the set. Is there any adjustments in the service menu that can reduce the noise??

No adjustment available as it's a hardware problem.
post #10823 of 10825 Old 11-26-2014, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
PRO-111FD Static Noise

I have a Pioneer Kuro PRO111FD that I bought in 2009 and just today it started making a noise. It sounded like a fluttering at first as if a moth were behind or inside the tv. When I got up close to it , it actually sounds like static jumping around. Definitely not the traditional buzz or hum associated with plasma TVs. It has only been going on for about an hour now but it doesn't seem to be consistent thus far in its intensity. There has been no noticeable impact on the picture. I may be worrying prematurely but I do not want to have to replace a TV when I'm not convinced there is an equivalent in the current market. It's possible that this has been mentioned before, but 360+ pages is a lot to go through. I am just wondering if this is something that might go away. Is this something I should be concerned about? If anyone else has encountered this, is there a reasonable solution? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

post #10824 of 10825 Old 11-27-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I've never heard of that before. Maby it's the power supply?

home theater addict
post #10825 of 10825 Unread Today, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can overscan be disabled for 720p without using PC mode? If so, how? I have the LX5090.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page