The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread - Page 363 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #10861 of 10865 Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 31
As far as I understand it, the RGB High controls which are panel specific are safe to change as they can be put back to original levels? On the other hand the RGB Low vlaues are not to be touched. I am more inclined to believe now that the 548 value i found was a factory value because it is similar to your panel. Thing is some others values are much closer to 500 and that would seem to make more sense. If only some more AVSers with 151s or similar 60" panels would share their values we could get an even better idea of what is a good value. Ultimately a full cailbration is the best - no guessing then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10862 of 10865 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 42
^^^My 151 RGB high numbers are:
R 462
G 523
B 500

Low all at 500
post #10863 of 10865 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post
^^^My 151 RGB high numbers are:
R 462
G 523
B 500

Low all at 500
Thanks 1forSnow

Was your panel professionally calibrated? What was the date of manufacture?

There seems to be quite a spread in the numbers of the panels we have so far which might suggest that there are sometimes significant variances during manufacturing from panel to panel? Again the Green High value of your panel is quite a bit higher although not quite as high as mine and Saprano's panel. Qwknuf6's panel that has been calibrated by D-Nice also has a lower Red High number.

So I understand better, Is there a significant difference in output lets say between Red High 462 and Red High 506? Would such a delta be equivalent to +/- 5 in the ISF Day RGB menu (not service menu) or is it more?

I am going to get a professional calibration for the Kuro, and also I would like to get a ControlCal calibration setup for myself and learn how to do this.
post #10864 of 10865 Old Today, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I reported my RGB High settings earlier. My 151 panel was built in Oct./08. I recall it was the earlier 151 panels, such as those some have recently mentioned here, that D-Nice called the "plus green" panels, and those are the ones his 151 settings released into the wild long ago were for. I can tell you those settings certainly do not work very well on a non-"plus green" model, they aren't even close really, that's why D-Nice specifically said they're for "plus green" only.

There is not a chance in hell your 151 is close to optimal, regardless if it has 0 or 30k hours, if you haven't gone into the service menu. You are only depriving yourself. It costs almost nothing to do on the 151, presuming you have some means of RS-232 interface.

Edit: I forgot to mention something I was wondering the other day: what pattern do you use to adjust the service menu RGB High levels? I thought there should be something obvious in the service manual, but I didn't see anything. I thought it would be something every panel replacement would require, but I didn't see it in the flowchart for that. I also thought it must be a built-in pattern...that's what I'm really getting at, which one(s)? [Maybe it's something they teach you at "Pioneer service school", there are all sorts of "important" basic things not in the manuals, and even more really interesting things not in there.]

Last edited by cfraser; Today at 11:53 AM.
post #10865 of 10865 Old Today, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I'm not using the settings on the first page. I'm using settings made way before he made his final ones. They're D65 for Pure D55 for Movie and D75 for Sport. I don't use Sport though. They look wonderful on my TV.

The Official Pioneer 9G Kuro Settings/Issues Thread

My build date is January 2009 and manufacturing date is March 2009. I think i have a pluse green 151. I'm not 100% sure. Like i said i notice green mostly when watching broadcast. Blurays are more natural. And it's not in all modes.

home theater addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page