1Likes

post #181 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes????

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by serlenbeck View Post

Actually after talking with Jeff yesterday I found out that he'll be in my area this weekend! I will have 86 hours in on the Break In but he said that will be fine.

Also, saved me some cash as I was going to buy a new receiver and replace my old Denon 3805 due to HDMI being nonexsistent on the Denon.

Dude know's his stuff and is willing to discuss everything and answer your questions in a non-bias type way. wink wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

You make good points and I agree. I will set my set up using DVE blu ray basics so it is pleasing to my eye. My only point I guess is that an ISF calibrator "should" be attempting to get the picture to conform to an objective standard.

serienbeck; If i were you I would start using D-Nice brake-in dvd asap and keep it running. That being said also have someone check on you TV from time to time just to make sure the brake-in DVD has not hung. Ask Jeff if you can be the last calibration of his tour were you live. That being said you have made a good choice by having Jeff.
gamelover360;
You also may want to try HVCHD(free download) because of the color windows but yes for grayscale use your DVE-HD. Unless you are just eye balling and you are not using a Spectroradiometer or the like, then DVE-HD is all you need. Also keep watching for D-Nice settings for the non-pro kuro if you have a non-pro kuro and then tweak from his settings once he brakes the code in the non-pro kuro so he can get at the service menu.

"Don't worry be happy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #183 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
for a proper calibration shouldn't it be at 500 hrs before having a tv set calibrated? due to the first 150 hrs shifting?

Pioneer Elite PRO-111
Samsung 60PnF5300 af
panasonic px75u

XBL x117x831
PS4 gusx831
post #184 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Cinema has always been on Pioneer plasmas. It's best used for stretching 480i/p 4:3 pictures.

I think this is the only zoom-stretch mode worth a damn. And it's disabled with 1080i-p? This might be a dealbreaker if i cant get a little zoom-stretch with widescreen movies. Any suggestions on how to get a little bit bigger picture?
post #185 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

I think this is the only zoom-stretch mode worth a damn. And it's disabled with 1080i-p? This might be a dealbreaker if i cant get a little zoom-stretch with widescreen movies. Any suggestions on how to get a little bit bigger picture?

They added a HD Cinema mode this year. Check your manual

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #186 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The Reference and D55 settings have been updated with improved color accuracy. Also D75 settings have been posted. Enjoy

post #187 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Do any of you guys know what is going on with CNET's PDP-5020FD Review??

For some reason there is not a "USER OPINIONS" tab like there is with all the other TV's.
Also,
It only shows 3 user opinions (of which 2 are criticising David Kats Review) that you can read and I am sure there are more opinions because I wrote 1 myself which is not showing.
And For some reason it says "See all 0 User Opinions" Even though there are many opinions I am sure.
Could it be that David Kats is getting alot of feedback pointing out how bad the review is and they do not want to display it all??
I emailed them ovre a week ago pointing this out to them. I even made a nice picture in Microsoft Paint to illustrate the issue. I have got nothing but auto-responces from them.
What do you guys think??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wHy So SeRiOus???

post #188 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Not that I know of.
I have not been able to find a way to Zoom a Blu-ray (1080i/p) that has black bars (widescreen) without stretching/distorting the image.
I figured there at least should be a way to zoom it and have it cut some of the picture out to keep from stretching/distorting the image but not that I know of.

Is there any way to change the color of the grey bars on the sides of 480i/p with the 9G's??

wHy So SeRiOus???

post #189 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting changes, D-Nice. Are both the grayscale and color accuracy improved? I noticed quite a difference switching back and forth! Thanks for your time and efforts, D-Nice!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
post #190 of 10822 Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 PM

Liked: 10
I did over 200 hours of break-in using the DVD plus some other viewing (total of ~ 233 hours so far) but did not modify any of the settings for the Sport mode, leaving it as factory default. Should I still go ahead and use the settings for those who used the break-in DVD? I did change the settings, first, because I didn't know where to find the break-in settings, but second I didn't want to forget about it and start watching regular TV with torch settings, which I accidentally did do twice.

I've definitely become too accustomed to watching over-saturated TV to the point where it looks good.

I did notice that using some of the settings from the owner's thread on Pure did seem to leave my picture a little brown compared to the other modes. Do I need to adjust anything from these settings here to account for that?
post #191 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus738 View Post

for a proper calibration shouldn't it be at 500 hrs before having a tv set calibrated? due to the first 150 hrs shifting?

Jeff said that the 86 hours that I will have on it by the time he gets to my TV will be fine. He just doesn't like to touch anything under 40 hours.

Been running that Break In 24/7 since Tuesday @ 6:30 pm. Calibration is at 9:00 am this Saturday.

PSN: RE-VOLUTION
post #192 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post

Interesting changes, D-Nice. Are both the grayscale and color accuracy improved? I noticed quite a difference switching back and forth! Thanks for your time and efforts, D-Nice!

Colors points are much improved. Grayscale is improved on the lower IRE end. I did not like the fact that I had to use the Green High/Low controls (didn't have enough time to devote to trying all possible control combinations). One should never have to use these controls....unless it is absolutely necessary.

post #193 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Jeff said that the 86 hours that I will have on it by the time he gets to my TV will be fine. He just doesn't like to touch anything under 40 hours.

Been running that Break In 24/7 since Tuesday @ 6:30 pm. Calibration is at 9:00 am this Saturday.

Unfortunately, I'm going have to disagree with Jeff on this one. You are going to need a calibration "tweak" in the next few months if you get your panel calibrated now due to the shifts that will happen after 86 hours of panel use. Hopefully you can get near the 150 mark before he arrives.

post #194 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 07:08 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I'm going have to disagree with Jeff on this one. You are going to need a calibration "tweak" in the next few months if you get your panel calibrated now due to the shifts that will happen after 86 hours of panel use. Hopefully you can get near the 150 mark before he arrives.

Quote:

Thanks D-Nice I'm going to call Jeff and see if he can do a "tweak" for me when he comes back to my area in November. Otherwise I may be wasting my money and his time.

post #195 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the post back, D-Nice. I'm curious, though. Why wouldn't you want to touch the green high/lows compared to the blue or red?

post #196 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post

Thanks for the post back, D-Nice. I'm curious, though. Why wouldn't you want to touch the green high/lows compared to the blue or red?

Because it's suppose to be the reference color that acts like the foundation of grayscale. One should only modify the Green high/low controls when absolutely necessary.

post #197 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

d-link:

when you get a chance on your 111, could you do a calibration for performance? I like comparing my calibration with yours so that i at least know i'm in the ballpark.
post #198 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Who is D-Link????

post #199 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:

Who is D-Link????

D-Links are at the bottom of my post.

Calibration Resources:

post #200 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:

The Reference and D55 settings have been updated with improved color accuracy. Also D75 settings have been posted. Enjoy

I just spent an hour watching my 111 with your updated reference settings and I almost didnt leave my house to go back to work becuase I couldnt get over how you already took a very color accurate picture and made it even more accurate to the point it was scary I cant thank you enough for the hard work and especially TIME you put in, becuase I know it can take hours, to assist many especially novices like myself in getting the best out of our panels. Thanks again for all your many helpful contributions to all of your fellow Kuro owners!
post #201 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Who is D-Link????

http://www.dlink.com/

?

Just had to take a chance here to tip my hat to you and some others here as a very interested fence sitter leaving all options on the table. Thanks for your contributions.

Great ISF Job by Chad B.
post #202 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I deal with D-Links every day at my work!

post #203 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think D-Nice will attempt to calibrate Performance simply due to it's excessively vibrant, overly saturated settings as it stands.

Maybe, he will though!

post #204 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

hey gus u said optimum benefits from room light on or off and if so what the setting that when u click on optimum u clcik on optimum performance on and off but it wont remain in the off setting... i like performance mode for some sort of reason with room light off
post #205 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

D-nice i had an ideal that you would agree on my thought. Jeff i have no disrespect for you buy i thought if serlenbeck would be unsatified after calibration sometime once the shift occurs that would be a bad thing for you, and for him so i thought i would point it out sorry.
Quote:

serlenbeck try running the break in nonstop until jeff gets there and ask him if he can be your last stop. also theirs no harm in leaving the tv set for running all the time and you have less then a day so lets see it good luck.
Quote:

Thanks D-Nice I'm going to call Jeff and see if he can do a "tweak" for me when he comes back to my area in November. Otherwise I may be wasting my money and his time.

Pioneer Elite PRO-111
Samsung 60PnF5300 af
panasonic px75u

XBL x117x831
PS4 gusx831
post #206 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

D-nice we cant thank you enough in the way you contribute and not take a sort of payroll, but i would like to know if one was knowledgeable like you would one be able to further take time to calibrate and see the readings to yeild a better number?
i know a professional calibrator like jeff aka umr would be awesome but since they usually have time limitations i would like to yeild the maximum performance if it were to be true to have time to go back and fourth with the readings?
Quote:

Colors points are much improved. Grayscale is improved on the lower IRE end. I did not like the fact that I had to use the Green High/Low controls (didn't have enough time to devote to trying all possible control combinations). One should never have to use these controls....unless it is absolutely necessary.

eddy i dont have a 9g yet but iv been reading and paying close attention to all threads and i stop at 9g non elite beause i will get a elite, though i never thought about a non elite but i wanted to read
as far as your to your answer goes ask D-nice
oh and eddy im not mad but try to ask a question and wait for a response if no response is found then re ask the same question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy13 View Post

hey gus u said optimum benefits from room light on or off and if so what the setting that when u click on optimum u clcik on optimum performance on and off but it wont remain in the off setting... i like performance mode for some sort of reason with room light off

Pioneer Elite PRO-111
Samsung 60PnF5300 af
panasonic px75u

XBL x117x831
PS4 gusx831
post #207 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:

serlenbeck try running the break in nonstop until jeff gets there and ask him if he can be your last stop. also theirs no harm in leaving the tv set for running all the time and you have less then a day so lets see it good luck.

I have been running it non-stop since Tuesday

post #208 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

serlenbeck did you have any settings for your ps3? i just bought one from costco 3 days ago and its in my hands now (express via ups is 2day AIR!)

its a msg4 bundle.... i dont have the 111 yet

oh FOR everyone How do you guys like my blue text insted of black?

i would like to use blue insted because its easier to find my post but i dont want to bother everyone else, what you guys think? and if so how can i pre code it so that i dont have to remember the code?

Quote:

I have been running it non-stop since Tuesday

Pioneer Elite PRO-111
Samsung 60PnF5300 af
panasonic px75u

XBL x117x831
PS4 gusx831
post #209 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:

serlenbeck did you have any settings for your ps3? i just bought one from costco 3 days ago and its in my hands now (express via ups is 2day AIR!)

i would like to use blue insted because its easier to find my post but i dont want to bother everyone else, what you guys think? and if so how can i pre code it so that i dont have to remember the code?

No settings for PS3 Gus. I received the 151 on Tuesday and have had it on the Break-in DVD ever since I won't even know what the difference was between D-Nice's settings & my Calibrated set, OH WELL

I will however try to learn some things from Jeff (UMR) about the PS3 and settings and pass that knowledge back to the forum that has helped me tremendously.

post #210 of 10822 Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I prefer black

What is dead can never die. Long live my 151!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page