Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #3481 of 5275 Old 07-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree with richpat!!
I will be having my set calibrated in the next few months as well. Can you guys please share your PURE MODE SETTINGS... they would be greatly appreciated!!
I am just running satellite tv right now and I would like to see some PURE mode settings!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 5275 Old 07-07-2009, 03:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpat View Post

I plan on having D-Nice calibrate the set when he comes to my area next month. It would be nice to have something in the meantime.

Ask him what he would recommend to you

But I know there are MANY settings in this thread that people have posted.

Just look at previous page under sillysally posts he has them there too
post #3483 of 5275 Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:

Just ordered the OPPO BRP-83 - seemed like amazing reviews and well worth the money.

There are some other better BD players out there under the same price tag.
post #3484 of 5275 Old 07-07-2009, 10:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-141FD View Post

Don't be shy.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3485 of 5275 Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Don't be shy.

BDP-320, BDP-23 and DBP-2010CI
post #3486 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 12:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:

BDP-320, BDP-23 and DBP-2010CI

You're still being shy. How are these players better and cheaper?

Jun 5, 2009 ... Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD ... has a suggested retail price of $599

Jun 5, 2009 ... Pioneer BDP-320 model ... has a suggested retail price of $399.

May 11, 2009 ... Denon DBP-2010CI ($699; shipping in July)

This might be a better thread for this topic.

Oppo BDP-83 versus other blu ray players thread

Calibration Resources:

post #3487 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Ok..I have finished my break-in (156 hrs) and finally hooked up all my components (denon 4308, Panasonic 35, DTV HR DVR box) to the 141 and adjusted pure mode to some settings found here ( I have a calibration scheduled for end of July) and noticed that when running things from source components through the Denon to the 141 my picture is very very red. It seems to get better if i omit the 4308 and go straight to the panel. Also, I have noticed a increase in the BUZZ factor to the point where it is now audbile from 8-9 ft away and teh volume at a decent level. Any suggestions?

On another note...if I am having the set professionally calibrated (Gregg @ LionAV) would folks recommend still investing in controlcal Or would unlocking by a professional result in same controls over various modes?

In search of video bliss...
post #3488 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

Ok..I have finished my break-in (156 hrs) and finally hooked up all my components (denon 4308, Panasonic 35, DTV HR DVR box) to the 141 and adjusted pure mode to some settings found here ( I have a calibration scheduled for end of July) and noticed that when running things from source components through the Denon to the 141 my picture is very very red. It seems to get better if i omit the 4308 and go straight to the panel. Also, I have noticed a increase in the BUZZ factor to the point where it is now audbile from 8-9 ft away and teh volume at a decent level. Any suggestions?

On another note...if I am having the set professionally calibrated (Gregg @ LionAV) would folks recommend still investing in controlcal Or would unlocking by a professional result in same controls over various modes?

As far as the buzz is concerned I think that if you can hear it from 8-9 feet away you should get your display changed. Call up the dealer and ask for a new one.

You (or the calibrator) needs controlcal to access the ISF modes and yes its well worth getting it done.

As far as the red picture you are seeing...do you see it when selecting the factory default settings for pure?
post #3489 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

Ask him what he would recommend to you

But I know there are MANY settings in this thread that people have posted.

Just look at previous page under sillysally posts he has them there too

Thank you

I reached D-Nice who suggested, as you did, to use Sillysally's settings until he has a chance to calibrate the set.
post #3490 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thank you

I reached D-Nice who suggested, as you did, to use Sillysally's settings until he has a chance to calibrate the set.

ANytime! Good luck I know he will do a good job. I think the 141's are the way to go right now (well in the past as well for other reasons) since they are the only units that seem to be around more than the others
post #3491 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

As far as the buzz is concerned I think that if you can hear it from 8-9 feet away you should get your display changed. Call up the dealer and ask for a new one.

You (or the calibrator) needs controlcal to access the ISF modes and yes its well worth getting it done.

As far as the red picture you are seeing...do you see it when selecting the factory default settings for pure?

The BUZZ seems to be louder depending on what is being watched... I picked it up from bestbuy magnolia, i think i will call them and explain the situation and get a new one.. I would hate to have to break in another set but..I would hate to wind up witha dud..

Do i need controlcal longterm to tweak the settings or is it once they unlock it im good?

No its not the default pure mode..The red picture is really bad when I introduce the Denon.. However, its lessened if i let the denon touch the picture.. In other words if I set say the output rez from denon to 1080p...

post #3492 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

You're... kidding... right?

That's probably the most inaccurate statement ever posted to AVS.

The Oppo BDP-83 is arguably the BEST player out there, at a fraction of the cost of the other "high-end" players. And there is NOTHING at/under its price point, that even comes close to the -83.

Here's a sample of the reviews:

http://www.hometheatermag.com/discpl...yer/index.html

Or, just ask owners, who compared them with the rest of the pack.

-steve

"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #3493 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The BUZZ seems to be louder depending on what is being watched... I picked it up from bestbuy magnolia, i think i will call them and explain the situation and get a new one.. I would hate to have to break in another set but..I would hate to wind up witha dud..

Do i need controlcal longterm to tweak the settings or is it once they unlock it im good?

No its not the default pure mode..The red picture is really bad when I introduce the Denon.. However, its lessened if i let the denon touch the picture.. In other words if I set say the output rez from denon to 1080p...

yes, return and swap it while you can from the bb/mht. no guarantee the next one will be less buzz but while your in the return period i would at least give it a shot.

the regular settings are available to the user at any time.

but once an owner using ControlCal or the calibrator using ControlCal accesses and sets up the ISFccc settings then they are locked and only accessed by using ControlCal again. so, yes if you want to access and tweak the ISFccc settings then you need a copy of ControlCal for your own use.

do you have a through setting on the Denon?

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #3494 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec325 View Post

The Oppo BDP-83 is arguably the BEST player out there, at a fraction of the cost of the other "high-end" players. And there is NOTHING at/under its price point, that even comes close to the -83.

I have the oppo & you're right it IS the best for value & everything that comes with it.
post #3495 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:

You (or the calibrator) needs controlcal to [IMG]http://www.****************/img/i/P.jpg[/IMG]access the ISF modes and yes its well worth getting it done.

Its strange..i don't notice the buzz but other people who are in the same room can hear it..I would return it if you can hear a buzz from 5ft+ away
post #3496 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

yes, return and swap it while you can from the bb/mht. no guarantee the next one will be less buzz but while your in the return period i would at least give it a shot.

but once an owner using ControlCal or the calibrator using ControlCal accesses and sets up the ISFccc settings then they are locked and only accessed by using ControlCal again. so, yes if you want to access and tweak the ISFccc settings then you need a copy of ControlCal for your own use.

thanks. i will give them a call now..

so I should invest in my own copy. Appreciate the info...

it is supposed to automatically passthrough but it def is not.. I think i might give denon a buzz and see what the heck...its confusing.. In comparison i pulled my onkyo 875 up from basement theater and hooked that up and dont see this issue.

post #3497 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

wrong, but I think you know that.
post #3498 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

If you do enough research you will determine that buzzing is inherent in kuro displays, especially the 60" variety! Mine buzzes but since it's a monitor, the surround system is always on! It will be harder for you to find a monitor that is buzz free than just accepting the buzz and moving on! This is my opinion though! It even says in the manual that buzzing is a common characteristic.

Coton de Tulear-IndyFab-Kuro-XBR8 - Current Loves of my life.
post #3499 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:

...and those that did often say that the Oppo isn't as good. But their post either get deleted from the Oppo thread or blasted as heracy.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #3500 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post

If you do enough research you will determine that buzzing is inherent in kuro displays, especially the 60" variety! Mine buzzes but since it's a monitor, the surround system is always on! It will be harder for you to find a monitor that is buzz free than just accepting the buzz and moving on! This is my opinion though! It even says in the manual that buzzing is a common characteristic.

thanks.. i will keep that in mind..

post #3501 of 5275 Old 07-08-2009, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post

I think if he does that research he will also find that if its an issue in his display then he can return it for another.
post #3502 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think if he does that research he will also find that if its an issue in his display then he can return it for another.

I actually watched a movie last night (first bluray Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li - amazing action.. highly recommend ) the picture was amazing.. I am truly in awe of what this panel can do. The best part of it all is that the buzz seems to be less audible on Bluray.
So, i did some testing between buzz when watching HD versus SD and amazingly the buzz is louder on SD material. Could it be that the panel requires greater effort to process SD material and thus a higher or louder buzz?

post #3503 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramcdonagh View Post

Its strange..i don't notice the buzz but other people who are in the same room can hear it..I would return it if you can hear a buzz from 5ft+ away

I can hear a buzz from my 141... if I get within a foot of the panel, barely. Beyond that - nothing. I have power save OFF.

I agree - if you can hear buzzing beyond 2+ feet, I'd replace the panel.

-steve

"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #3504 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

I agree - if you can hear buzzing beyond 2+ feet, I'd replace the panel.

Reading the buzz thread may save people some time since panel buzz is unrelated to distance.

post #3505 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 06:49 AM

I have energy save OFF and I can only hear the buzz if I am very close, like 1 - 2 feet away from the panel. I would recommend exchanging the set.
RICHPAT--- where did you find silysally's PURE mode settings??? I can only find his ISF settings?
post #3506 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 07:20 AM

Has anyone who has bought a 141 lately had trouble getting the stand? I ordered my set on 6/26 and the panel arrived at the dealer on 7/2, but still no stand. Looking around online it seems to be backordered at most sites. Has anyone else had trouble getting it? Any stands other than the KRP-TS01 that would work?
post #3507 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

[IMG]http://www.****************/img/i/P.jpg[/IMG]Reading the buzz thread may save people some time since panel buzz is unrelated to distance.

Yes..past 5 feet & return it
post #3508 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 AM

Hey everyone, I am new to the board and this looks like it is exactly what I need. Very informative. I am replacing an old setup that is like 15 years old and this is definitely the place to be. I have just purchased the Kuro Pro 141-FD and am looking for a stand. We are moving within six months so I don't really want to hang it so I am trying to find a stand which apparently is quite difficult. So if anyone knows of one please let me know. I was also looking for ideas for a Blue Ray player and it sounds like the OPPO 83 may be the way to go. Thanks everyone!
post #3509 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

You can use the same stand as the 151. Try contacting Pioneer for that.

Good call on the -83

-steve

post #3510 of 5275 Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony324 View Post

I have energy save OFF and I can only hear the buzz if I am very close, like 1 - 2 feet away from the panel. I would recommend exchanging the set.
RICHPAT--- where did you find silysally's PURE mode settings??? I can only find his ISF settings?

I didn't, I only found the ISF settings. I won't finish my break-in until early next week so I can avoid the issue. I also figured until the set is calibrated I can somehow "limp" along for a few weeks. Like you, I still am scratching my head wondering why there are no "official" settings for the 141 post break-in. Each set can't be that different.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page