Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolair View Post

Hi Nolan,

Ok.......here you go:

John

Wow! Very impressive. How far is the front of the panel from the wall itself? Less than 3"?

Makes my 151FD look positively tubby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a couple of my setup... Camera very basic - does not catch the rich red color - makes it look orange.
LL
LL
post #363 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM

Liked: 11
Very nice
post #364 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-john View Post

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses about quality issues in the new sigs. Ultimately it seems to me that what you are all saying is: In spite of the chance they may come with flaws, even in "hand-selected units", the panels are worth owning. No single issue or combination of the issues currently detailed, seem to be deal-breakers. Now all I have to do is find a place in NYC that has a panel installed for viewing...you would think that would be a no-brainer in NYC...but not so.

I know exactly what you mean, I went to several stores in late July to see if anyone had a 151 on display, but all 4 stores I went to they all said not enough inventory to justify putting one on display.

I believe b$llsh%t Harveys on 5th ave now has one on display, but with their rip you a new one attitude I don't even want to go in there. It's like going into a pool filled with sharks. lol
post #365 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-john View Post

Robert is in Scarsdale...I am talking about Manhattan where I live--That is unfortunately not NYC and quite a schlep for a confirmed island boy like me..I don't believe that Xrox is in Manhattan either. I tried for weeks to preview a 151, finally found one at a BB on the Upper West Side---poorly installed, poorly calibrated but at least one could look at it...you would be surprised how difficult it has been preview the Pio top of the line units here in a supposedly sophisticated town...

I'm not trying to push Scarsdale (I'm partial to Ithaca), but I took the Metro North to Scarsdale for a nice Saturday morning outing. It didn't take too long, didn't cost too much, and his store front is a 5-minute walk from the train stop. If, as a confirmed island boy, you can take a short walk on the wild side of Scarsdale (it's not too wild), not only will you get to see the 141, but you'll also get to see the BD51 and 05 as well as the Pioneer projector (he's got a neat projection room in the back). Oh, and you'll get to meet Robert. He's enthusiastic and passionate about this stuff. But he's not pushy.

--Scooter
post #366 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 PM

What special literature comes with the 141?
post #367 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony324 View Post

What special literature comes with the 141?

you get an owners book/certificate. pics are on page one of this thread.

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #368 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtwo View Post

I'm not trying to push Scarsdale (I'm partial to Ithaca), but I took the Metro North to Scarsdale for a nice Saturday morning outing. It didn't take too long, didn't cost too much, and his store front is a 5-minute walk from the train stop. If, as a confirmed island boy, you can take a short walk on the wild side of Scarsdale (it's not too wild), not only will you get to see the 141, but you'll also get to see the BD51 and 05 as well as the Pioneer projector (he's got a neat projection room in the back). Oh, and you'll get to meet Robert. He's enthusiastic and passionate about this stuff. But he's not pushy.

Can't agree more. I was at the flat panel shootout back in July, and talking to Robert was an absolute pleasure.
post #369 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post

Wow! Very impressive. How far is the front of the panel from the wall itself? Less than 3"?

Makes my 151FD look positively tubby!

Hi,

It's a little under 3.5"......I think the mount is .98"

John

I used to be a dyslexic-agnostic-insomniac but I got tired of lying awake in bed at night wondering if there really was a dog.

Althea's Garage
post #370 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 09:35 PM

Does picture in picture support hdmi/dvi or component as the 2nd input if your runing hdmi as the first input?
post #371 of 5273 Old 09-01-2008, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophreak View Post

Does picture in picture support hdmi/dvi or component as the 2nd input if your runing hdmi as the first input?

I havent tried it but I believe so.
post #372 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post

Here's a couple of my setup... Camera very basic - does not catch the rich red color - makes it look orange.

Nice.

Have you played with the Mac yet? Are you connected thru VGA, DVI or HDMI? Does it have any overscan/underscan when you feed the panel 1080p/60? Have you tried using the web interface of the 141?
post #373 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Nice.

Have you played with the Mac yet? Are you connected thru VGA, DVI or HDMI? Does it have any overscan/underscan when you feed the panel 1080p/60? Have you tried using the web interface of the 141?

Haven't gotten around to playing with any of the web functions yet. No Time. And probably won't for at least a couple of weeks. By then Vancouver & Co. will have come up with some good ideas, I'm sure.

Have the Mac hooked in DVI - haven't even fired it up yet... Previously used the VGA on the 5010 and it worked fine. Use it for 500+ Gigs of music.

Definitely looking forward to exploring the web interface.
post #374 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM

Okay I just got back from vacation and my new set up will be in the end of the week or at the latest monday So I too will have some pics available. I got the 141 last years elite reciever and the new bd05 blu ray player along with vienna acoustic speakers and etc etc,

My question is my guy at magnolia that I have been working with said currently the 141 cant be ISF calibrated. Is this true and if so why not? or better yet when can it be. Thanks in advance I cant wait untill it all gets here.
post #375 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 184
The Magnolia guy is an idiot. Of course the 141FD can be calibrated.
post #376 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spye View Post

Okay I just got back from vacation and my new set up will be in the end of the week or at the latest monday So I too will have some pics available. I got the 141 last years elite reciever and the new bd05 blu ray player along with vienna acoustic speakers and etc etc,

My question is my guy at magnolia that I have been working with said currently the 141 cant be ISF calibrated. Is this true and if so why not? or better yet when can it be. Thanks in advance I cant wait untill it all gets here.

as D-nice says, of course it can be calibrated.

Just dont let anyone from bb/mag do it!

why get last years receiver? the new Elite SC-09, SC-07 and SC-05 were just released.

i hope that etc etc wasnt some monster cable or bb/mag ext warranties.....

HD HD HD I Need more HD, Yes I am a HD Addict :)
post #377 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spye View Post

Hi spye et al,

Hm. Perhaps what the Magnolia rep was trying to convey is that the 141 should not be calibrated yet, and this on the grounds that it hasn't gone through the break-in period, and therefore calibrating now would be money down the drain? If that's his claim, he's right. But the break-in period can be greatly accelerated (and made more reliable), of course, just by following D-Nice's break-in routine for 1.5-2 weeks. After that, man, calibrate away (you lucky dog, you)!

Yours,

David

P.S.: I'm totally jealous of you 141 guys. I'm still just saving up for a 111.
post #378 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
spye, congrats on your purchases, and sounds like a real sweet HT setup. Not only can the Pioneer 141 be calibrated, but it has been strongly promoted by Pioneer that it has additional calibration controls & abilities not available on the 151 Elites. As the 141 is so new, no one here has had the chance or the hours on the display to actually prove it, but we won't have long to find out.
post #379 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 PM

Are the wall mounding holes on the 141 in the same location as the mounting holes on the 151?
post #380 of 5273 Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 PM

Hi all,

could someone please PM me the actual street prices for the 141 signature series?
I see that the MSRP is $7k. Just wondering what are the street prices in CA, USA.

Thanks
post #381 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 05:15 AM

I was advised that the 141 I ordered is in. Before I get it wall mounted I have to relocate the electrical out..where on the wall in relation to the panel should I place the outlet?? or will anywhere that is covered by the panel be OK??
post #382 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobusto View Post

I was advised that the 141 I ordered is in. Before I get it wall mounted I have to relocate the electrical out..where on the wall in relation to the panel should I place the outlet?? or will anywhere that is covered by the panel be OK??

that depends on the mount. If its very low profile then you wil likely want the outlet right at the power input which is located almost in the centre of the screen...just a few inches to the left of the elite logo.

If you are using a mount which is medium profile or more ) 1.5+" then I would think you can get away puting it almost anywhere. Keep in mind if you need very short or more flixable power cables I got mine from Mono price and it works great.
post #383 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugy View Post

Hi all,

could someone please PM me the actual street prices for the 141 signature series?
I see that the MSRP is $7k. Just wondering what are the street prices in CA, USA.

Thanks

Forum rules prohibit such talk on the forum. You can check a site like pricegrabber.com to see if they have it yet, or just call up a forum sponsor that carries Elites and ask them their price.
post #384 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRobusto View Post

The inputs are vertical so ideally you want all outlets (AV and power) to be below the inputs on the panel. The input board on the panel is recessed and located 7.4" (someone can confirm) from the bottom of the panel. So place the outlets within that 7.4" area.

I made the mistake of not doing this and now my outlets are too high and I have to curl each cord into a circle to reach the inputs. Not a big deal as I have 1.5" to work with.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
post #385 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks for all the private messages.
My final question comes down to probably what everybody wants to know. Is the picture quality of the 141 better than the 151? If not I guess the 151 is right for me.

Since the price is not so different, I was wondering.
I understand the signature line doesn't have speakers and stand.

all the best
post #386 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugy View Post

Thanks for all the private messages.
My final question comes down to probably what everybody wants to know. Is the picture quality of the 141 better than the 151? If not I guess the 151 is right for me.

Since the price is not so different, I was wondering.
I understand the signature line doesn't have speakers and stand.

all the best

If you need the speakers and tunner get the 151...if you dont and want a thinner lower profile (better looking) monitor with cooler literature and web control then get the 141.

No one to my knowladge has finished the break in period and had it professionally calibrated to tel if it produces a better picture. If there is any difference in PQ I am sure it will be small. My gut tells me there will be no difference in PQ....but that has yet to be confirmed.
post #387 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 AM

Thanks Vancouver,

That's my feeling too. In my case the speakers and stand are worth since the picture quality will not be "that" much better.
So, I guess 151 is the one.

Congrats on your set up. Also your city is so beautiful. I would love to live there but it is too cold for me.
post #388 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

No one to my knowladge has finished the break in period and had it professionally calibrated to tel if it produces a better picture. If there is any difference in PQ I am sure it will be small. My gut tells me there will be no difference in PQ....but that has yet to be confirmed.

That will be very interesting to see.
post #389 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

Its a Norwich Terrier

Oh! But, still, VERY cute.
post #390 of 5273 Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssturbo1 View Post

as D-nice says, of course it can be calibrated.

Just dont let anyone from bb/mag do it!

why get last years receiver? the new Elite SC-09, SC-07 and SC-05 were just released.

i hope that etc etc wasnt some monster cable or bb/mag ext warranties.....

The reason I got last years reciever was the price. I saved 600+ dollars by getting last years reciever which I put into my speaker budget which basically allowed me to get a 1200 dollar sub instead of a 600 dollar sub. IMO you can watch the best looking tv on the planet with a lousy sound system and have it not be as memorable as a lesser tv with a very nice sound system. Just figured that money was better spent on speakers.

Ha ha no that etc etc wasnt warranties it was a panamax power supply and an in wall ext cord thingy a very nice remote with IR controls for everything and a very nice peice of AV furniture to house the electronics.

Pics very soon
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page