Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #4501 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 214
The 141FD does not have the HMG feature, so you cannot access shares on your network to stream content. However, you can pair the 141FD with a SC25/27 (or any network capable A/V receiver) and do what you are looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4502 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I am a new owner of 141-FD (lucky with no buzz &, no dead pixel) and just finished the burn-in process. Very very nice image on the 141-FD.

D-NICE,
Please let us know whenever you have a chance to visit Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC areas.

DB
post #4503 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Bui View Post

Hi everyone,

I am a new owner of 141-FD (lucky with no buzz &, no dead pixel) and just finished the burn-in process. Very very nice image on the 141-FD.

D-NICE,
Please let us know whenever you have a chance to visit Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC areas.

DB

I will be there the weekend of 1/23. Please PM me for details.
post #4504 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by optika View Post

Another newbie here
Which is the better product overall, the 141 or 151?

Welcome to AVS. As noted (across two threads) the right display depends on a number of things but displaying local content needn't be a part of it. Getting a monitor versus a television is usually a simple choice (now if you're looking at a KRP it gets a bit more complex). Do you need a tuner and speakers or are you annoyed at having a tuner and speakers you never use.

Regarding media sources: you're better off getting a dedicated device ($100-$400) with network in and HDMI out than using HMG. This a busy category with inexpensive yet feature rich gatewaying devices ranging from DLNA routers with a USB port to Dunes with a BD drive as well as many BD players and as noted some AVRs.

If it was me I'd get the Kuro monitor and an Oppo BD player.

But that's just me.
post #4505 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM

So I am geting a display model 141 to replace the new cracked one that I have. It has less than 700 hours on it and looked in good shape upon inspection the first time. I am going tomorrow to do another inspection. They have used the Monster Cable cleaner on the panel/glass and am wondering if this will have any adverse affect on it. What should I look for (on the glass) to determine if any damage from that has been done? Also, would you buy a new in the box for another $850 knowing that the display has been cleaned with the cleaner or save the $850 and get the display? I'm torn so any insight is helpful. Thanks
post #4506 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhuber View Post

Also, would you buy a new in the box for another $850

Buy new in box. $850 isn't worth the potential remorse.
post #4507 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "potential remorse"?
post #4508 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingrox View Post

Does anyone have this set up? If so could they tell me the exact depth of the units together...I have gone to the web sites and saw the mount in person but some I cant get anyting solid for a depth. Printed depths range and I have not seen this specific monitor with plate and mount assembled. This would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone...I know it is a long shot but someone must have this out there.
post #4509 of 5275 Old 01-07-2010, 08:00 PM

The title did not carry over from the quote. Anyways looking for the depth of the 141 with the Chief Articulating mount that extends to 37 inches. Thanks
post #4510 of 5275 Old 01-08-2010, 03:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

The title did not carry over from the quote. Anyways looking for the depth of the 141 with the Chief Articulating mount that extends to 37 inches. Thanks

Um...37" + 141 panel depth?

In you mean minimum distance from the wall to the front edge of the 141 in the fully-retracted position, I'd call Chief directly if their website is no help...

still one of my favorite bumper stickers of all time...

FREE TIBET! *
* with purchase of equal or lesser Tibet
post #4511 of 5275 Old 01-08-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak99 View Post

Um...37" + 141 panel depth?

In you mean minimum distance from the wall to the front edge of the 141 in the fully-retracted position, I'd call Chief directly if their website is no help...

I had it installed today...I meant the one that extends 37 inches and wha the depth was fully retracted. It was about an inch more then I was hoping but it will work...

I am running the slides now with D-Nice settings but I can't switch the one setting to SPORT it is on STANDARD and is greyed out...anyone know what to do? It is the first option under the Picture menu
post #4512 of 5275 Old 01-08-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

Welcome to AVS. As noted (across two threads) the right display depends on a number of things but displaying local content needn't be a part of it. Getting a monitor versus a television is usually a simple choice (now if you're looking at a KRP it gets a bit more complex). Do you need a tuner and speakers or are you annoyed at having a tuner and speakers you never use.

Regarding media sources: you're better off getting a dedicated device ($100-$400) with network in and HDMI out than using HMG. This a busy category with inexpensive yet feature rich gatewaying devices ranging from DLNA routers with a USB port to Dunes with a BD drive as well as many BD players and as noted some AVRs.

If it was me I'd get the Kuro monitor and an Oppo BD player.

But that's just me.

My thanks to D-Nice & Bodosom (Yes, I pursued this across 2 threads in an effort get as may opinions as possible) for your feedback! I have in-wall speakers & am identifying my receiver at the moment. The SC-25 was at the top of my list but, it doesn't seem to have the ability to pull in images either- I even called Pioneer to ask about this. Regardless, I apparently need to educate myself regarding other network devices that will meet my need & select a display for its primary function- how well does it convert & render the input visual signals. From everything I read & hear, the 141FD is the runaway favorite.
post #4513 of 5275 Old 01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhuber View Post

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "potential remorse"?

My understanding is you may not get the same level of service with a floor model and it's not unlikely that people have touched it and the staff have cleaned it. If you have any issues at all you're likely to feel you would have been better served with a new display. If you can't get one at that time or it's difficult to make an exchange you're likely to feel some remorse.

Of course I have a very low tolerance for difficulty and, in the case of Kuro, would certainly want the best rather than a display with an unknown history.
post #4514 of 5275 Old 01-09-2010, 08:43 AM

Hi Guys.
I just sold my 141. I will be purchasing Runco's newest plasma, XP-OPAL50DHD which comes with an external video processor. Runco's new OPAL technology is supposed to be just breath-taking!! They apply a treatment to the glass to achieve a great black level without losing any luminance. Unlike the KURO, the OPAL treatment is behind the glass and the glass can be cleaned with any household cleaner. It is supposed to be quite durable.
I am A HUGE Pioneer fan and I will report how this tv compares to my previous 141 as soon as I have it. It's 50 inch so much smaller than my 141 but thats ok. My understanding from several dealers is that it's a very bright panel but also creates deep black levels. Apparently its much brighter than the KURO... as for the black levels.. I will tell you guys as soon as I can test it but it's supposed to be fantastic!!
I am keeping my BDP-09FD which is IMO one of the best blu-rays I can get.
Hope everyone is having a great New Year.
post #4515 of 5275 Old 01-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Liked: 11
I always wanted to get feedback on how Runco compares so keep me posted.
post #4516 of 5275 Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony324 View Post

Hi Guys.
I just sold my 141. I will be purchasing Runco's newest plasma, XP-OPAL50DHD which comes with an external video processor. Runco's new OPAL technology is supposed to be just breath-taking!! They apply a treatment to the glass to achieve a great black level without losing any luminance. Unlike the KURO, the OPAL treatment is behind the glass and the glass can be cleaned with any household cleaner. It is supposed to be quite durable.
I am A HUGE Pioneer fan and I will report how this tv compares to my previous 141 as soon as I have it. It's 50 inch so much smaller than my 141 but thats ok. My understanding from several dealers is that it's a very bright panel but also creates deep black levels. Apparently its much brighter than the KURO... as for the black levels.. I will tell you guys as soon as I can test it but it's supposed to be fantastic!!

Call me silly, but wouldn't it have been more prudent to actually lay eyes on the picture quality of the Runco panel before selling off your 141? So far all you're going on is marketing fluff.
post #4517 of 5275 Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony324 View Post

Hi Guys.

You sold your Kuro for a Runco!?

Im sorry to say that you are likely going to be disappointed.
post #4518 of 5275 Old 01-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Is anyone using the multi-screen function for picture in picture (PIP)?

I'm getting ready to set-up my new 141FD and I'm trying to figure this out.

I'm planning on using the following set-up:

Comcast HD cable -> Denon AVR 3310- 141FD
Elite 23FD Blue-ray -> Denon AVR 3310- 141FD
PopcornHour -> Denon AVR 3310- 141FD

This all works fine if I want to watch one source. AVR has one HDMI out. How should I set this up if I want to watch another source or two sources of comcast? I'm a little stumped on how to pull this off with out getting to crazy.

I could come out of AVR with component, but AVR doesn't have PIP built in.

New Owner of Pioneer Elite 141FD
Denon AVR-3810CI
Pioneer Elite 23FD
post #4519 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:

I had it installed today...I meant the one that extends 37 inches and wha the depth was fully retracted. It was about an inch more then I was hoping but it will work...

I am running the slides now with D-Nice settings but I can't switch the one setting to SPORT it is on STANDARD and is greyed out...anyone know what to do? It is the first option under the Picture menu

Anyone? I am currently running the slide show but I can not set it to SPORT...the option is greyed out so I dont have access to it. Can someone help me as the slides are running but I can not put the opitmal settiings. Also I don;t know how to get to the "r" "g" "b" etc....to 0. I dont see the option
post #4520 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 01:07 AM

My 141 was installed Saturday...I will post pics soon. I am just running the slides even though I heard that the panels have 100 hours of "break in" at the plant. I have the Chief mount that extends 37 inches...totally sick. It is lick you are on top of the TV. It was between the 65v10 with a mount that was standard...just a tilt. If I went with a 60 then I wanted to bring the TV closer to make up for the "smaller" tv...all I have to say is I am so happy how it turned out. Pictures to come soon. Just sick
post #4521 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5volvov70 View Post

Is anyone using the multi-screen function for picture in picture (PIP)?

I'm getting ready to set-up my new 141FD and I'm trying to figure this out.

I'm planning on using the following set-up:

Comcast HD cable -> Denon AVR 3310- 141FD
Elite 23FD Blue-ray -> Denon AVR 3310- 141FD
PopcornHour -> Denon AVR 3310- 141FD

This all works fine if I want to watch one source. AVR has one HDMI out. How should I set this up if I want to watch another source or two sources of comcast? I'm a little stumped on how to pull this off with out getting to crazy.

I could come out of AVR with component, but AVR doesn't have PIP built in.

You can't PIP two digital sources anyway, so my suggestion would be to add component connection from Comcast to 141FD and another connection for PopcornHour (what are the outputs of this device?).

Dan.
post #4522 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Just picked up a pro 141fd and i am kinda dissapointed with the unit. heres a link to show you what i mean ( _http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac258/malkai22/crap1.jpg ). At first i thought it was just my unit but my old 5080hd did the same thing. So i decided to ask a friend who has a 151fd model and he reported the same thing... and i notice that bleeding effect in movies (ps3 blu-ray) as well not just my pc. Now i am not sure if i want to keep this display... Theres even a quick way to test this out. hook up your pc to your plasma and make the background solid white and open up a window and drag it around and you will see what i mean. I first noticed it while watching an anime show it was a green background so it just doesnt happen when the background is white.
post #4523 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCk3y View Post

Just picked up a pro 141fd and i am kinda dissapointed with the unit. heres a link to show you what i mean ( _http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac258/malkai22/crap1.jpg ). At first i thought it was just my unit but my old 5080hd did the same thing. So i decided to ask a friend who has a 151fd model and he reported the same thing... and i notice that bleeding effect in movies (ps3 blu-ray) as well not just my pc. Now i am not sure if i want to keep this display... Theres even a quick way to test this out. hook up your pc to your plasma and make the background solid white and open up a window and drag it around and you will see what i mean. I first noticed it while watching an anime show it was a green background so it just doesnt happen when the background is white.

If you are unhappy with your 141, then return it and by something else. Supposedly, Runco makes a better plasma.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

post #4524 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

If you are unhappy with your 141, then return it and by something else. Supposedly, Runco makes a better plasma.

Where are you getting this info from?

Runco does not make a better plasma.
post #4525 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

SOme consider it better since its a "niche" type tv. But all that matters if it looks better to him and if hes not happy with 141 why not try it.
post #4526 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Supposedly, Runco makes a better plasma.

Quote:

Well Nickff did say supposedly. Sounds like they have Panasonic put a privacy shield on the inside of the glass and bundle a XD knock-off. Seems more efficient to just buy a Premier and a Radiance. At least then you'd have the XD.

How come hardly anyone reviews them?
post #4527 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

How come hardly anyone reviews them?

They are like B&O different market/
post #4528 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

They are like B&O different market/

True...on that note I would rank B&O displays above Runco for PQ.
post #4529 of 5275 Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:

True...on that note I would rank B&O displays above Runco for PQ.

THey both use Panasonic I do agree.
post #4530 of 5275 Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

THey both use Panasonic I do agree.

Yea I know, but much different processing.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page