post #451 of 5273 Old 09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post

It looks like the LD-LCDs may be over hyped and overpriced.

Generally, yes, they are over-hyped. Still, though, I was quite surprised on how
the 3-year-old triluminous LED qualia that I saw yesterday looked less like an
LCD and more like a plasma. The XBR8 (and the Sharp XS1) are the only LD-LED
panels to even consider since they use it. I'm still skeptical, though. My money
is still on the 141 and, hopefully, sometime next week I'll be able to see one in
person on a store display.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 5273 Old 09-05-2008, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post

At an MSRP of $10,000, the street price is still going to be STEEP. I think I'm just going to go with a 141 and be done with it.

We all know the HDGURU is a panny lover and kinda plasma biased with the whole
"LCDs have burn-in too" article. I hate to say this, but the only thing you can
trust on the net is the hard facts from actual readings/measurements and folks
like D-Nice to decipher/dispute them.

Of course, there's also your own eyes that can do the job, but even then the likes
of us on the forums will accuse the TV you just saw as not being calibrated properly.

Oh, and $10K is sure no Kuro-killer, especially if it's only compared to a model that's been
out for well over a year.

PS - You should check out the Sony LCD thread on how upset they are over the XBR6's. Damn,
I've never seen so many sour posts in so little time. I really feel for those guys...
post #453 of 5273 Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
vd0

Intro

I am now the proud owner of a Pioneer PRO-141FD Signature Elite .

I cannot believe that the display I ended up with is what is considered by many to be the best display currently available.

Especially since I am coming from a 14 year old CRT that was on its last legs - towards the end, my wife and I would have to wait while it would blank on and off until it warmed up, lol.

Now that I am officially an owner, I am going to contribute to this thread by my relating my experiences in a post divided into topics. Hopefully it helps someone with getting their's or is at least interesting to read.

Dealer Experience

I decided to go the route of saving a significant amount of money by going through a forum sponsor. Recently I have been ordering quite a bit of equipment online in order to build up my home theater (speakers, amp, subwoofers, etc.), but nothing of this magnitude. I'd overhear my wife chuckle and tell her sister, "Well, our 60" TV is coming in the mail!".

I have been lurking and posting here since when the 8G Kuros were coming out and have had a chance to get to know about the different sponsors. The forum sponsor I chose was Roman. The amount of input and time he gives this forum and its members, and his easy availability (every time I have called, he was the one who answered the phone, plus he returns my emails quickly) were certainly factors, but one of the biggest factors was his use of a specialty shipping company. His reports of not yet having a 9G Elite arrive damaged (*quickly knocks on wood so I don't jinx anything*), indicates to me the effectiveness of that.

Delivery

I had tracking information given to me and could call both the sending station and the destination carrier and have someone immediately pick up to ask questions about my shipment tracking and status. The person at the destination location knew all about my shipment and set up the delivery window on the spot - it's nice to not have to wait on hold or be transferred around.

When the truck arrived, I went outside to meet the delivery guy. My box was up towards the front left wall. It was on its own pallet (like ProShooter's was) and was strapped to the sidewall. There were only a few other items in the truck. The delivery guy was very careful about gently sliding the display off of the pallet and setting each of its corners down, one at a time. Also, the truck had a powered lift gate, which meant that at no time did the box have to be let down more than a few inches at a time. He and I both carried it inside.

You might be thinking that because I was watching him, he was more careful. But I can tell you that is no guarantee. When I had subwoofers delivered, they came through DHL, and as I was standing there, the guy slid the subwoofer out to the edge and tilted it and let it slide and slam down (I made sure to step in to help with the second one). And he knew what they were as they said powered subwoofers on the outside and he even explained how he hated delivering them because they were so heavy and he had done a couple the day before.

With that experience, I knew that I would not want my display to be handled by anyone like that and so the shipping method became a top criteria.

Inspection

I was torn with what I was going to do for my delivery inspection. I knew that was a crucial step and did not want to get it wrong. I kept wondering if I should do what ProShooter did and plug it in and get a signal to it. Plugging it in alone wouldn't tell me much, but my PS3 was set for my old SDTV and I didn't want take a lot of time trying to set up the PS3 for HDMI while the delivery guy was there and not know if there was a problem if it was with the PS3 setup or with the display. I could have hooked it up with composite just to have tried something, but ultimately I decided against anything but a visual inspection. Why? Well, I figured that if the box looked perfect and the display had no physical damage, then how could the shipping company become responsible if the display did not turn on or had something defective with the input I was trying to test with. In the end, those types of issues would be handled by Pioneer through Roman. So I lifted the box off and thoroughly looked it over (I shined a flashlight all along the glass to look for event the smallest crack like I had seen some others suggest). Everything was perfect and so I signed for it. You can see almost all of the display while it is sitting in its box, but since I could not see the bottom of the bezel, I wrote "Subject to Inspection" above my signature like some had suggested. The delivery guy didn't really pay attenting to me writing that and as I wrote it, I was not even sure how much protection that would actually give me, but I figured might as well.

Setting Up

My baby was still in its cardboard cradle. Since the mount was coming separately and had not arrived, I had to decide where to put it. I had planned on taking it out and leaning it against a wall, like I had heard others do. But, although I hadn't heard of any reports of problems doing that, I didn't want to risk damaging the bezel as the glossy thin piece does extend a little past the edge. I would probably have had to lean it a decent amount to not have it rest on that thin acrylic lip.

So when I saw that I could see the entire screen while it was in the bottom box and that it would be able to be viewed without being leaned back, I decided to leave it in the box until I got my mount.

If you sit at a low enough angle, the lip of the box can hide a small portion of the bottom of the screen, but other than that it is fine until I get my mount. I bring this up as an option to anyone who is finding they are receiving their display before their stand or mount. To reach the infamous "chadmak09 power switch" (the one he took a pic of on the 151 on the bottom right as you face the back of the display), there is a hole in the styrofoam you can reach your hand into. And even though the IR sensor is behind styrofoam, you can get the remote to work by getting the remote really close to the set and aiming down in between the styrofoam and bezel. Since I just needed to get the settings set up to start running the breakin and that was what I was going to be leaving it running on, all of this worked out fine for me.

Break-in DVD

Since there were some reports of mishaps with doing the breakin process because of power outages, I wanted to come up with a robust solution. I had tested this out on my SDTV prior to my display's shipment to make sure. Basically, I have a PS3 and the 141 plugged into a Belkin PureAV PF60 with the outlets set to "switched". The way the Belkin works is if there is a power outage, when the power comes back on, it keeps everything switched off until you explicitly have it switch them back on. So that means that the display will not get stuck with something unwanted on its screen because of a power outage.

First Impressions

I did "cheat" for ten minutes and took it off the break-in settings and put in Planet Earth for a bit, and like everyone says, the images are just breathtaking. Since there are plenty of positive impressions to read, I won't add much more than that. I keep it in break-in mode now just to get it through that as quickly as possible. It's funny, my wife is more strict than me on keeping it in that mode (and she's gotten used to watching the color cycle and likes the effect it gives off in lighting the room, lol). I tell her that it is OK to mix some full screen content, but she wants to do it as correctly as possible and so that works out well as it makes it easier for me. Like I said, it'll just get it done that much faster and then hopefully the mount will have arrived near the end and we can experience it that much better right as it is mounted.

Day 3 of the Break-in DVD

Day 3 - We are running low on food. More boxes arrive at the door, but when we open them they are only filled with cables. We will need to forage soon, but the eerie, hypnotic glow of the colors from the set have us transfixed. Only 3 more days left.

Other Comments

Up until a while into running the break-in, I had forgotten about checking for some of the more commonly reported problems of the displays. Which is strange, because since I have read about them here I would have thought that I wouldn't have possibly forgotten. But I think it was because everything was going fine and I was concentrating on getting it set up and running the breakin. I remembered people talking about blotching with the signal off, but I could not see anything at all like that with or without a signal. I could not hear any buzzing, and I know that I shouldn't have (because it is not good to know about something you might never have found when watching normal content), but I checked for dead/stuck pixels during the break-in screens. Pixel Perfect (I know ProShooter thought his might be in the first 40 if serial numbers are in order, well mine is in the low single digits - don't know if that means mine was that early or not, but at least so far it has come out great).

I am so glad that my display is free from any problems as I will be keeping this set for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time

Here are some pics, taken with a cell phone so sorry they are really low quality (I had a digital camera and it broke and I haven't gotten around to getting another one - hey, this stuff is more important, right? )

First, I can confirm that the PIP and Side by Side pics can be combos of any sources. I was cyclying through different inputs and the pic I have below happens to be Inputs 2 and 5.
So component is on the left (Sat DVR) and HDMI is on the right (PS3):

Lastly, I don't think anyone as shown pics of the network settings. Most are shown in the manual and I know some had played around with it (it's kind of neat using your laptop as a virtual remote control and watching inputs and settings change on the display).

I was actually able to get into the ISF portion - not sure if it is better to stick with using ControlCAL or not - turbe may be able to say more on that subject.
It's the best pic I could get with my camera phone - all of the inputs listed on the left, above the ISFccc logo.
The three columns are ISF Day, ISF Night and ISF Auto and it defaults to having 'No' for all of them until specific ones are activated. In the dropdown box on the top right under the input selection is where you select ISF day, night or auto. I haven't done much in this screen as there are no instructions for it and so I thought it best to leave it be for now.
post #454 of 5273 Old 09-06-2008, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

^^^^ Very Cool.

Welcome to the club and I assure you that you own the best display ever made...even better then the 151 because of its profile and network ability. I am in awe at times and i came from a high fujitsu so I am sure there will be times when you are watching something and you wont even believe your eyes!

Are you using some other type of software like ControlCal to acess the web server? It looks different then mine and I am totally unable to access the ISF settings. If you found a way please let us know. Did you get the email function to work?
post #455 of 5273 Old 09-06-2008, 08:37 PM

Liked: 11
Man that is a great report! Thank you!
post #456 of 5273 Old 09-06-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Smooth vs Advanced

I have been playing around with the "smooth' and "advanced" settings, and I have to say I am really liking the smooth setting. Can any discribe what is happening when I select smooth?
post #457 of 5273 Old 09-06-2008, 09:48 PM

The 151FD and 141FD pedestal stands are exactly the same.

-Robert
post #458 of 5273 Old 09-06-2008, 10:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post

-Robert

Which means that just like the 151FD it will also have that silly stick-on light-blocking plastic bar that is glued between the nearly entire length of the base/ pedestal and the bottom section of the panel itself.

Come on Pioneer...something like an screw-in set up or some other re-usuable type design would have been a far better option...

-THTS
post #459 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post

-Robert

Hi Robert.

Will the pedestal stand that is on my 150 work for the 141.

Peter.
post #460 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 06:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooit View Post

Yep, it will be very interesting to see... it's already very interesting with the HDGuru's report about 65" Panasonic Primier 65VX100, that is as black as Kuro 8G... hopefully for the same or very close street price 65" almost guaranteed no buzz, no streaks and blotches...

HDGuru never said that the VX100 had blacks like the 8G Kuro, I did.
post #461 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vd0 View Post

Intro

I was actually able to get into the ISF portion - not sure if it is better to stick with using ControlCAL or not - turbe may be able to say more on that subject.
It's the best pic I could get with my camera phone - all of the inputs listed on the left, above the ISFccc logo.
The three columns are ISF Day, ISF Night and ISF Auto and it defaults to having 'No' for all of them until specific ones are activated. In the dropdown box on the top right under the input selection is where you select ISF day, night or auto. I haven't done much in this screen as there are no instructions for it and so I thought it best to leave it be for now.

Nice job! Good to see another one arrive in flawless condition. Roman does it again. Still early, but it looks like these are units are mostly robust, issue-free units. EXTREMELY happy with my purchase, and it will only be better after UMR gets his hands on it in Nov/Dec.
post #462 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post

Still early, but it looks like these are units are mostly robust, issue-free units.

I'm sticking with my hope that I was just really really really unlucky. If that fails I'll just slap myself and stop being so picky

My second attempt is coming up soon. Hopefully I'll have one hanging on the wall by next week.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
post #463 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Hi Robert.

Will the pedestal stand that is on my 150 work for the 141.

Peter.

Not sure, I'll check on Monday and let you know.

-Robert
post #464 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 07:38 PM

for break in ? Just trying to figure out which one to use. Also, using a Denon DVD 2900 hook up via component - is this safe? Blue ray player and HDMI weeks away.

Thanks

Sul

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfreak18 View Post

D-NIce Reference settings before break-in (right??)
AV Selection: Pure
Contrast: 36
Brightness: 0
Color: +3
Tint: 0
Sharpness: -15

Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema
Film Mode: Advance
Text Optimization: Off

Intelligence: Off

Picture Detail:
DRE Picture: Off
Black Level: Off
ACL: Off
Enhancer Mode: 1
Gamma: 1

Color Detail:
Color Temp: Manual
R High -3
G High 0
B High -2
R Low 0
G Low 0
B Low +1

CTI: Off

Color Management
R 0
Y +1
G 0
C -2
B 0
M -2

Color Space: 2

Noise Reduction:

3DNR: Off
Field NR: Off
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off

Screen Size: Full
Power Save Mode: Off
Orbiter: Mode 2
And if you are doing break-in...
Recommended 150 Hour Break-In settings for Pioneer 111FD/151FD (ONLY to be used with Evangelo2's Break-in DVD or Thumbdrive Files!!!!!!!!)

Picture:
AV Selection: Sport
Contrast: 50
Color: +20
Sharpness: 0

Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema
Film Mode: Off

Picture Detail:
Enhancer Mode: 2
Gamma: 2

Color Detail:
Color Temp: High

Color Management
R 0
Y 0
G 0
C 0
B 0
M 0

Noise Reduction:

Orbiter: Mode 1

Then once you finish break-in... A host of settings (use the first settings or use the other settings for the viewing needs)

Pioneer 111FD/151FD Reference Settings (ONLY use these settings after the 150 hour break-in period!!!!!!!!!)

***Updated 8/1/08***

Picture:
AV Selection: Pure
Contrast: 37
Color: +2

Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema

Picture Detail:
Enhancer Mode: 1

Color Detail:
R High +1
G High 0
B High +4
R Low -2
G Low 0
B Low 0

Color Management
R -2
Y +1
G -4
C -2
B 0
M -1

Noise Reduction:

Pioneer 111FD/151FD D55 Settings (ONLY use these settings after the 150 hour break-in period!!!!!!!!!)

***Updated 8/1/08***

Picture:
AV Selection: Movie
Contrast: 37
Color: +3
Tint: G1

Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema

Picture Detail:

Color Detail:
R High +5
G High 0
B High -6
R Low -3
G Low 0
B Low -1

Color Management
R -2
Y +1
G -4
C -2
B 0
M -1

Noise Reduction:

Pioneer 111FD/151FD D75 Settings (ONLY use these settings after the 150 hour break-in period!!!!!!!!!)

Picture:
AV Selection: Sports
Contrast: 26
Brightness: +1
Color: +4

Pro Adjust

Pure Cinema
Film Mode: Off

Picture Detail:
Gamma: 1

Color Detail:
R High -3
G High 0
B High +14
R Low -4
G Low 0
B Low -1

Color Management
R -1
Y +2
G -3
C -4
B 0
M +1

Noise Reduction:

post #465 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Could someone who owns the pro-141 please give me the exact measurement in inches of how far apart the mounting screws are widths wise not up and down. I would greatly appreciate it.
post #466 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvibe View Post

Could someone who owns the pro-141 please give me the exact measurement in inches of how far apart the mounting screws are widths wise not up and down. I would greatly appreciate it.

answer is in red in the first post of this thread
post #467 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Does anyone know of a hanging mount stand that is a stand with a mounting bracket and pole on the back of the stand to mount the TV to, that will work for this TV my whalen will only work with up to a 30" in screw hole width
post #468 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Does anyone know of a hanging mount stand that is a stand with a mounting bracket and pole on the back of the stand to mount the TV to, that will work for this TV my whalen will only work with up to a 30" in screw hole width

This person found this at Costco. You can see if it'll hold a 60
post #469 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 PM

Ok so since there is apparently isn't a pole mounting stand in existence that will work for me does anyone know if when you purchase a 141 from best buy if it comes with a table top stand or not? I heard some talk of it being sold separately and i heard some say it was included anyone know for sure?
post #470 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:26 PM

I received my 141 on Saturday, but the pedestal is not yet available for delivery. I am told I can pick it up Thursday night. I would be willing to buy a 151 stand from someone if they would like to part with it (PM me).

I was able to set the display up in the styrofoam packing and connect a DVD player to start the break-in process. So far things are working like a charm. I haven't noticed any dead pixels yet, but haven't looked too hard as I don't want to get fixed on it. I haven't noticed streaking or blotching, but once again, haven't looked too hard just yet.

The buzzing is present from all around the set and seems very prominent on the all white screen of the break-in disk. At 2-3 feet directly in front it is noticeable. I have stepped back from it and it doesn't seem too present. I plan to evaluate this more once on the stand and installed on my stand with real source material. If I can't hear it at my couch, then I am not concerned.

I have gotten the IP connectivity to work. I used a wire at first then moved on to a Linksys WGA600N wireless gaming adapter. This has an ethernet connection that you connect to the TV and then it connect seemlessly to your wireless network. I set up the WGA to keep the default static IP of 192.168.1.250 and setup my network configuration and WEP keys. On the 141 I turned on the IP settings and turned off the DHCP setting. I went into the IP address and set a constant address to 192.168.1.9 (this is outside the DHCP range on my router). I had some trouble getting this number to stick and had to go back in and double check a few times to get it there. Once it sticks you just go to Internet Explorer per the 141 instruction manual and type in that static IP address of 192.168.1.9 that was set earlier. Turn off pop-up blockers. A pop-up will come up asking for password which is "admin". Then you are in. The ISF password is unknown at this time, but I would like to get it to see what's in there.

I haven't been able to get the e-mail portion to work just yet. I am using yahoo plus mail and the 141 instruction manual said to use nslookup at the DOS command prompt to resolve the plus.smtp.mail.yahoo server which for me came out to be 76.13.13.48. I used my username and password with authentication on and even tried to add :465 port to the end of the IP address to use the secured port for Yahoo mail, but still no avail. Any insight here would be good.

Also, does anyone know if the pre-burn-in at the Pioneer factory is new for the 141 and something additonal that is NOT done on the 151? I am curious if as much burn-in disk time is required if in fact the 141 has been broken in at the factory (which I am not saying it has more, just trying to find out).

So far I haven't cheated as it is kind of hard since the display is in my living room on the floor and blu-ray (BDP05FD) is in the other room.

I also had a question about cables. I have many thousands of dollars of audio and video cables in my equipment and believe in quality over name and high prices, but most of my cables I have demoed first hand and compared before purchase in an A-B comparison.

Now, while I Magnolia, I did commit the sin and get some Monster 1000 series cables. I know nothing about them other than they are most likely overpriced, but I threw them on the 0% for 3 year tab because I could always return them, but not get them on there later.

My plan it to compare a cheap HDMI, Monster 800 series, and Monster 1000 series. I want to get ahold of the Audioquest HDMI-3 as I have been very happy with their video cables in the past.

People recommend Monoprice and Bluejeans cables, but I am not a believer yet.

Has anyone done a direct A-B comparison at the same time of any of the cables mentioned above?

After dropping $5800 on a display and blu-ray, I want to get the most for my money. I have found some good prices on Audiogon for cables, but I can't demo those before buying from there.

By the way, if you use virtually any HDMI cable, it will display a picture, and it will most likely look good, but when comparing good cables, the differences should come out.

Now one of the big questions on my mind is if I should have waited for the BDP09 to complement my DV09. Only time will tell, but so far I am excited about my 141 and can't wait to learn more about how to use this IP connectivity.

If anyone has info on what additional things can be done or coded to work with the IP function, such as streaming info from a computer, then please chime in.
post #471 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok so since there is apparently isn't a pole mounting stand in existence that will work for me does anyone know if when you purchase a 141 from best buy if it comes with a table top stand or not? I heard some talk of it being sold separately and i heard some say it was included anyone know for sure?

no stand
post #472 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:29 PM

The 141 does not come with a stand no matter where you buy it. You have to purchased the stand separate. I purchased at Magnolia for piece of mind on warranty, return issues, 0% for 3 years, etc and it does not come with a stand. Sold separately and currently not in stores or warehouses. The displays were in the warehouse, but no stands when I ordered on labor day weekend and nothing yet as of this past Friday. The stand should be in my local store for pickup this Friday so I plan to pick up late Thursday night.

Quote:

post #473 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM

does anyone know how much the pedestal base for the 141 will cost?
post #474 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:47 PM

MSRP = $400 for the 141 pedestal stand.
post #475 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM

I am not sure about the backorder at Magnolia/BB, but mine was showing in their system to be in this week. Hopefully this is not just smoke they are blowing up my ass. I will obviously confirm Thursday night when I go to pick it up.

I also found no other retailers (as of Friday night) with a listing on their site, just retailers in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x43x View Post

I have done some research in figuring out how much my 151 stand is worth. I found a Magnolia that had the 141 stand in their system. It was $399 but according to them, it is on nationwide back-order until the end of October, early November. Pioneer doesn't sell the 151 stand as one unit, but if you call the parts department, you can buy everything separately for about $300.

post #476 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 PM

The stands and the mounts have been hard to obtain.
post #477 of 5273 Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoehne View Post

I am not sure about the backorder at Magnolia/BB, but mine was showing in their system to be in this week. Hopefully this is not just smoke they are blowing up my ass. I will obviously confirm Thursday night when I go to pick it up.

I also found no other retailers (as of Friday night) with a listing on their site, just retailers in Europe.

To be specific, the 141's were mainly designed for custom install, which means "on the wall". I think Pioneer is surprised to see the consumer interest in "off wall" installation as this greatly negates their thin design. Still, it looks like interests has peaked in the home arena.
post #478 of 5273 Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post

To be specific, the 141's were mainly designed for custom install, which means "on the wall". I think Pioneer is surprised to see the consumer interest in "off wall" installation as this greatly negates their thin design. Still, it looks like interests has peaked in the home arena.

honestly I am surprised too at how many people who are considering the 141 are wanting a stand.
post #479 of 5273 Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Personally, my room setup doesn't allow for a wall mounting. I need to place this display in front of my front LR window. I may even place it more away from the window and my front/center speakers (in about 1/3 the length of the room and at the end of my coffee table) in which case a thinner display may be less obtrusive a look. I don't like that idea but otherwise I'll be sitting about 13' away from the display which is more than idea. I don't like the idea of blocking my front window again either (had RPTV there for ages). I've considered a cabinet with a lift stand to recess the display back into the cabinet after use but that's mucho expensive.

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
post #480 of 5273 Old 09-08-2008, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

honestly I am surprised too at how many people who are considering the 141 are wanting a stand.

For me its being able to back light.
And from what I was told bb/m will have the stands this week.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page