Signature Elite 141 Owners Thread - Page 176 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5251 of 5275 Old 01-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
BuckNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

The 1015 that is on eBay....the seller wants almost $100 to ship it.
Yea, I did notice that. Still, if I can get it "all in" for under $200, it's still less than half the price of that KRP-TS01.
BuckNaked is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5252 of 5275 Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nickff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Is there a reason to not set my blu-ray player to output RGB limited? The 141 seems to struggle recognizing color space on its HDMI inputs and I would like to use just one HDMI to the display.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

Nickff is offline  
post #5253 of 5275 Old 01-21-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 6,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
^ No.

There have been some discussions about RGB(CE) versus YCC but I don't think it's a real issue.

Of course there shouldn't be a "struggle" other than the RGB "bug".
bodosom is offline  
post #5254 of 5275 Old 01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nickff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 111
What is the "bug" you are referring to...?

I get washed-out color with certain sources when I have my HDMI input set to 'AUTO'.

Also, I keep reading that blu-ray movies are not encoded with RGB and that RGB is mainly for computer video (which is why I am looking into this).

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

Nickff is offline  
post #5255 of 5275 Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 6,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

What is the "bug" you are referring to...?
See the KRP FAQ
Quote:
Also, I keep reading that blu-ray movies are not encoded with RGB and that RGB is mainly for computer video (which is why I am looking into this).
No. RGB(CE) is for consumer electronics (sometimes called limited) and RGB(IT) is for "information technology" sometimes called full. There are various synonyms but the CEA uses CE/IT in the standards. The devices are physically RGB and the Kuro monitors can display both CE and IT quantizations as well as decode common YCC formats.
bodosom is offline  
post #5256 of 5275 Old 01-21-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Stu03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 1,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
It's an issue with all ELITE monitors and worldwide KRP monitors and TV's (media box 'A' versions)

Anyway it's good to see a Kuro thread brought back from the dead again even though i don’t own this model - krp500m here.

But the more Kuro threads the merrier as far as i'm jolly well concerned.

wink.gif
Stu03 is offline  
post #5257 of 5275 Old 01-22-2014, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nickff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 111
With a new blu-ray player on the way, just want to know my color space choices aren't jackin' anything up. smile.gif

Anyone know a current email address for D-Nice?

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

Nickff is offline  
post #5258 of 5275 Old 01-22-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,781
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

With a new blu-ray player on the way, just want to know my color space choices aren't jackin' anything up. smile.gif

Anyone know a current email address for D-Nice?
hx81uu.jpg
htwaits is online now  
post #5259 of 5275 Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Mohillian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
D-Nice does a great job! Did our 141 and my wife was very skeptical...not anymore.
Mohillian is offline  
post #5260 of 5275 Old 02-05-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post


Anyone know a current email address for D-Nice?

htwaits posted it above..

D-Nice's Tour Schedule and contact info is HERE

eek.gifBTW, last month (and going forward) he lowered his calibration fee (video, front panel), now $300 - $330 (generally, $330 is for North of New York).....eek.gif

.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is offline  
post #5261 of 5275 Old 03-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys need some advice-

Just moved the 141 into a room where over the air viewing will be necessary and would like to receive hd channels from my roof top antenna- any recommendations on hd ota tuners for this kuro monitor? One consideration, although expensive would be the newest Tivo Roamio Pro. Anyone have one of these or have a better option?

Coton de Tulear-IndyFab-Kuro-XBR8 - Current Loves of my life.
Parrish is offline  
post #5262 of 5275 Old 03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 6,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post

Just moved the 141 into a room where over the air viewing will be necessary and would like to receive hd channels from my roof top antenna
The Plus and Pro don't do OTA. Also the base Roamio unlike the Premiere does OTA xor digital cable. If you're going pure OTA that's not a problem.

I have some pointers to ATSC tuners in the FAQ and there's a thread for them. videobruce has a spreadsheet that's targeted to cord-cutters. He has an unreasonable disdain for TiVo because they (may) have some technical issues with channel mapping to the guide data but you can skip the editorializing.
bodosom is offline  
post #5263 of 5275 Old 03-20-2014, 05:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

The Plus and Pro don't do OTA. Also the base Roamio unlike the Premiere does OTA xor digital cable. If you're going pure OTA that's not a problem.

I have some pointers to ATSC tuners in the FAQ and there's a thread for them. videobruce has a spreadsheet that's targeted to cord-cutters. He has an unreasonable disdain for TiVo because they (may) have some technical issues with channel mapping to the guide data but you can skip the editorializing.
Would you say the pq, aq and build quality be much better than a mediasonic homeworx hw180stb or hw150pvr? The kuro deserves a high quality source which is my main priority even though price does matter-

Coton de Tulear-IndyFab-Kuro-XBR8 - Current Loves of my life.
Parrish is offline  
post #5264 of 5275 Old 03-20-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bodosom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Frontier
Posts: 6,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post

[Would you say the pq, aq and build quality be much better than a mediasonic homeworx hw180stb or hw150pvr?
I don't know anything about those.
In my experience output quality equals input quality.
bodosom is offline  
post #5265 of 5275 Old 03-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
purplerain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 376
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Will D-Nice be in Upstate NY any time soon???

*ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY* 

PIONEER KRP-500M
(2) Monitor Audio RX6 towers - (1) Monitor Audio RX center - (2) Monitor Audio RX FX surrounds
(1) Rythmik FV15HP-SE sub - (1) Denon 2313CI avr
purplerain is online now  
post #5266 of 5275 Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Member
 
Rollingrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am inChicago and had Jeff work on my Pro-141 and all I can say is "wow"... I will never buy another TV without having a professional work on it... Just dantastic. also Jeff is a great guy, very nice and very professional. I highly recommend
.
Rollingrox is offline  
post #5267 of 5275 Old 04-05-2014, 12:08 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,781
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingrox View Post

I am inChicago and had Jeff work on my Pro-141 and all I can say is "wow"... I will never buy another TV without having a professional work on it... Just dantastic. also Jeff is a great guy, very nice and very professional. I highly recommend
.
Thanks for posting your calibration comments. I've added a link to your post in the flat panel (post number two) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.

If you have further comments to make about your audio or video calibration, it would be great if you could use the edit command to add them to your original post. Enjoy. smile.gif
htwaits is online now  
post #5268 of 5275 Old 05-25-2014, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
rcapprotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ocala fl
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Okay I have a question what gives the 141 the capability of having a IP Control and can you give a 151 the same ip control thanks
rcapprotti is offline  
post #5269 of 5275 Old 06-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
elphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Goodyear AZ.
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
elphillips is online now  
post #5270 of 5275 Old 06-22-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nickff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I just had Chad B. out to touch-up my calibration. I was curious to see how much things had changed in the years since he originally calibrated it. The picture did re-gain some pop and the blacks are what we have come to expect. He also calibrated the game mode (as much as one is able to anyway) for me... just in case the input lag is actually noticeably lower in that mode. I also got an ISF-Day option back (lost it when lightning hit my satellite dish and killed one of the HDMI ports).

Thanks Chad!
Chad B likes this.

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive


Last edited by Nickff; 06-27-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Nickff is offline  
post #5271 of 5275 Old 06-27-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stu03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 1,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
I just had Chad B. out to touch-up my calibration. I was curious to see how much things had changed in the years since he originally calibrated it. The picture did re-gain some pop and the blacks are what we have come to expect. He also calibrated the game mode (as much as one is able to anyway) for me... just in case the input lag is actually noticeably lower in that mode. I also got an ISF-Day option back (lost it when lighting hit my satellite dish and killed one of the HDMI ports).

Thanks Chad!
Was there big reductions in the blue and green high's - especially blue for game mode calibration ?... Was it done on colour space 2 or just the default CS1 ?
Stu03 is offline  
post #5272 of 5275 Old 06-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Parrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
UMR was out to calibrate my Sharp Elite and he was planning on touching up my 141fd while visiting and after quick analysis he said it was still perfect after his last visit 4 years ago!

Coton de Tulear-IndyFab-Kuro-XBR8 - Current Loves of my life.
Parrish is offline  
post #5273 of 5275 Old 06-27-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stu03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 1,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
UMR was out to calibrate my Sharp Elite and he was planning on touching up my 141fd while visiting and after quick analysis he said it was still perfect after his last visit 4 years ago!
Ageing well then like a fine wine
Stu03 is offline  
post #5274 of 5275 Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
elphillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Goodyear AZ.
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Put in a pre-order for a LG 65 EC 9700 today. This is a 65" 4K OLED set. Expect delivery in October. It will replace my four year old 141fd. The Pio' will be retained until I'm satisfied that the LG is a significant improvement. Changing out the 141 is almost like getting a divorce. Will probable keep it in the bedroom for some time.
elphillips is online now  
post #5275 of 5275 Old 08-14-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HuskerHarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lincoln,Neb
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post
Put in a pre-order for a LG 65 EC 9700 today. This is a 65" 4K OLED set. Expect delivery in October. It will replace my four year old 141fd. The Pio' will be retained until I'm satisfied that the LG is a significant improvement. Changing out the 141 is almost like getting a divorce. Will probable keep it in the bedroom for some time.

I know how ya feel. I have a 50" & 60" Elite...Gonna replace both because they heat the rooms so much...Time to pass them on to another family.
HuskerHarley is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off