AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkandra View Post

D Nice

Are you going to be reviewing this product too or if not atleast your opinion?

I currently have no plans on reviewing this model. However, that could change later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I currently have no plans on reviewing this model. However, that could change later on.

You know it will, how could you resist!
post #93 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by x43x View Post

I think it's a B&W PV1 subwoofer.

it is

OK im little hung over today after partying with my Kuro last night, but here is what I plan on getting to the bottom of today.

1.) Why my settings are so different then D Nice's in order to pass the pluge test patern on DVE. D thinks its because my Xbox add on is set to output PC levels. Ill lookinto it but I have my doubts because I watch a movie on HD cable and it looked fine. I'm going to pich up the BD version of DVE to test it on my PS3.

2.) I swear all my my picture settings reset and went back to the defaul twice last night, but I was pretty drunk near the end so illl have to look close as wha i may have pished.

3.) I am going to dig a little deeper into the menus and post pics of them.

anything else while im into it that anyone is curious about?
post #94 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver View Post

It was such a nice day and a cruise ship was just leaving when I finished so I snapped a pic

What an elegant set up and what a nice place too! The 141 certainly looks right in place there. Congratulations!!

I remember our vacation in Vancouver a couple of years ago (took the ferry from Port Angeles, WA to Victoria and then the ferry from Victoria to Vancouver and drove back down to Seattle), the best parts were the drive up to Whistler (amazing that we could still ski at the end of May) and then we drove East on a spectacular highway towards Banff (didn't go all the way), but stayed at a couple of really nice Bed and Breakfasts on the way. Vancouver too was pretty nice, Stanley park and the view of the city from up in the hills etc, also remember seeing this massive owl
post #95 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:

First post updated with pics

Vancouver - LOVE the pictures... nice job. A great help to all of us. Nice to see Sapphire Princess out of your window on its way up to Alaska. I'm originally from Seattle, and work in the cruise industry, so Port of Vancouver and ships are a familiar, welcome sight.

Looking forward to my 141 arriving by next Tuesday with Roman's help. I'll post my own set of pics, but if any exteriors creep in the trees will be Michigan pines instead of Pacific Northwest Douglas Firs...

Keep your comments/reviews coming! Captive audience here.
post #96 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Come on up to British Columbia....I have all the Cuban cigars and beer you can drink.
post #97 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post

Vancouver - LOVE the pictures... nice job. A great help to all of us. Nice to see Sapphire Princess out of your window on its way up to Alaska. I'm originally from Seattle, and work in the cruise industry, so Port of Vancouver and ships are a familiar, welcome sight.

Looking forward to my 141 arriving by next Tuesday with Roman's help. I'll post my own set of pics, but if any exteriors creep in the trees will be Michigan pines instead of Pacific Northwest Douglas Firs...

Keep your comments/reviews coming! Captive audience here.

Thank you. Let me know if there is anything you want me to check with mine in preperation for yours showing up.

I dont work in the industry but I feel like I do because I see them coming in and out every day during the season and im even close enough that I can hear the echo of the announcements if my windows are open.
post #98 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:

Thank you. Let me know if there is anything you want me to check with mine in preperation for yours showing up.

I dont work in the industry but I feel like I do because I see them coming in and out every day during the season and im even close enough that I can hear the echo of the announcements if my windows are open.

Out of all of the worldwide destinations, the summer Alaska cruises which include Vancouver & the Inside Passage are the most popular. Looking out your stateroom door/window while transiting the Inside Passage is like the ultimate HD experience - trees & mountains so close it seems like you can reach out and touch them, and they're constantly changing. I've shot a lot of video in this area. Always love going past Stanley Park and then under the Lion's Gate bridge on the way to the "great white north..."
post #99 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How high off the ground is it mounted. Also, what would be the viewing distance?
post #100 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
For the 141 do you guys think it would be ok to check for stuck/dead pixels using a laptop and the VGA input along with the RGBWB slides??

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
post #101 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.pallino View Post

How high off the ground is it mounted. Also, what would be the viewing distance?

27" from the floor
view distance is 10 feet.
post #102 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

ok..im running the break in images with the 151 settings through the PS3. Seems to be looping...hopefully the loop doesnt stop as I have to leave for a bit.
post #103 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ok..im running the break in images with the 151 settings through the PS3. Seems to be looping...hopefully the loop doesnt stop as I have to leave for a bit.

Can you get any pics of the screen with something displayed on it?

I know, I know, it won't represent the real experience and PQ due to the fact that its just a picture but I have this burning desire to see that display with a picture on it. Just think, you'd have the first pic on the net of a 141 showing some real content.
post #104 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

27" from the floor

That does seem like the perfect distance and height. My 151 is ay 22 inches (couch seat is 14 inches) and viewing distance is around 8.5 ft. If I were to put it on a wall, I would pretty much get exactly where you are at. At my distance for all most SD content I find myself using my Windows Media Player and reducing the size of the image to increase the perceived resolution.

It's amazing how flush to the wall the mount is. In my case I would probably need to have the mount installed slightly recessed into the wall.
post #105 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrox View Post

For the 141 do you guys think it would be ok to check for stuck/dead pixels using a laptop and the VGA input along with the RGBWB slides??

I am assuming that should not be a problem. I use the VGA on my 151 all the time. Dead pixel would suck for a HTPC

Because the Kuros have such great black levels they are perfect as a PC monitor. I didn't expect as much of a difference as I saw when I went from a Sony Bravia XBR to the 151.
post #106 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The PS3 most likely has a screen saver that will kick in. Just curious, is the break in loop something that ISF or someone like that recommends? When I got my display I called Pioner tech support and they said it was unnecessary and if anything keeping it running for long periods of time had the potential to hurt some of the components. Besides I was too impatient to wait
post #107 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Mounting hole measurements are

33 1/2 by 18 1/3 going of memory, its in the spec guide on the site.

27" from the floor

Hi Vancouver, I checked the spec sheet and the width looks close to 33.5 but it's not 100% clear from the drawing. No height measurement from the bottom or from top down.

If you can clearify great, thanks
post #108 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaway View Post

Hi Vancouver, I checked the spec sheet and the width looks close to 33.5 but it's not 100% clear from the drawing. No height measurement from the bottom or from top down.

If you can clearify great, thanks

You want me to pull the thing off the wall and measure it for you? lol

Sorry its not going to happen. The exact numbers are on the pioneer site. I have read them a few times.

go here

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...1FD.Kuro?tab=D

33 15/16 by 19 11/16
post #109 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:

You want me to pull the thing off the wall and measure it for you? lol

Sorry its not going to happen. The exact numbers are on the pioneer site. I have read them a few times.

go here

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...1FD.Kuro?tab=D

33 15/16 by 19 11/16

There are no clear measurements in any of the pioneer manuals or wall mount pdf's. But from what I can tell you should be right its about 33-1/3" between mounting holes.
post #110 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamJNS View Post

There are no clear measurements in any of the pioneer manuals or wall mount pdf's. But from what I can tell you should be right its about 33-1/3" between mounting holes.

The product borchure in the link I provided has the exact measurements. Second page on the PDF bottom right.
post #111 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 10:31 PM

vancouver, thanks for sharing your pictures of your new 141.

I'm so envious and frustrated. Picked up my 141 last Friday and my a/v furniture came yesterday, now I'm just waiting for my plasma mount for the 141 which I ordered on August 8th and found out that the dealer just shipped it out today

Hope to have my 141 mounted by this weekend and I too can share some pictures.

For now, all I can do is talk to my 141 and give her a good night kiss and hope there are no dead pixels or buzzing when I turn her on
post #112 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

What is the power consumption of the 141 vs. the 151?

Has anyone personally witnessed and compared the heat generated from these two displays to see if the 141 runs cooler or not?

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
post #113 of 5275 Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
vd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xortam View Post

What is the power consumption of the 141 vs. the 151?

Has anyone personally witnessed and compared the heat generated from these two displays to see if the 141 runs cooler or not?

The 151 shows a power requirement of 524 W and the 111 shows 436 W in the owner's manual.

I could not find this same type of info in the 141 manual, but the KRP-600M, which is supposed to be the equivalent model in Japan shows 487 W.
post #114 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 12:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the KRP-600M spec. I too couldn't find the 141 power consumption spec in the manual. Does any 141 owner have additional documentation that may state this spec?

"Plasma TV ... so called because in order to afford one, you're going to have to sell your blood." -- Ed Helms, The Daily Show.
post #115 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Could someone ask Vancouver if he could please post some pictures of the AV settings and how they are laid out. maybe a shot of each settings page???
I am thinking he may have me on ignore or something. lol.

I think there are a large number of us that want to see what features/settings the 141 has that the 151 does not
post #116 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmak09 View Post

Could someone ask Vancouver if he could please post some pictures of the AV settings and how they are laid out. maybe a shot of each settings page???
I am thinking he may have me on ignore or something. lol.

I think there are a large number of us that want to see what features/settings the 141 has that the 151 does not

LOL...yes I will today I promise. I am just dealing with an audio issue which is taking up my time.

Menus today I promise
post #117 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xortam View Post

Thanks for the KRP-600M spec. I too couldn't find the 141 power consumption spec in the manual. Does any 141 owner have additional documentation that may state this spec?

Yeah, the 111/141 operating instructions says something like "see separate Spec sheet for specs."

Can anyone point us to that separate spec sheet?

Power usage is a pretty big concern of mine - makes me feel a little better if I get a panel that's "greener." One more variable in that illusive equation of which panel to finally get.

John
post #118 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

481 Watts (0.3 W Standby)
post #119 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #120 of 5275 Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 AM

Has anyone been able to order the 141 from BB/Magnolia? My local store is now telling me they cannot get any of the Signature panels. Don't know if it's a regional thing or what. I'm in Virgina. Thanks.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page