post #1351 of 5275 Old 10-26-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post

hey , i modified the pic , hopefully it helps. I dont know how many wires ur feeding through and what sources u have. The dvi gear hdmi cables are the ones i use , they have never given me a problem. some of mine cross power cables and i dont see any problems. I dont use any ferrite cores on my hdmi cables. My power cables have built in ferrite cores but i dont know if it really helps. I couldnt hear a difference adding ferrite core extra thick power cables to my system. They look nice though. my samsung 4681F LED backlight TV came with a ferrite core but i dont use it. everything looks perfect with out it.

Thanks!

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 5275 Old 10-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well eliab just got done doing his magic on my 141 today and all i can say is wow. this is the only break i took from watching it. i had him do isf day and isf night and all i can say is this is what it's supposed to look like! i had a 6070 pio before this that actual post calibration beat my kuro except in black level. this is not the case anymore. the 141 is the best picture i've seen to date. it kinda depresses me now cause my 40" lcd in my bedroom is unwatchable and with buying a 141fd a s-05 avr and a bdp-05fd i'm over budget for the year and can't upgrade to the 50" kuro i want. january can't come quick enough for me. eliab will be back to do that one as well!
post #1353 of 5275 Old 10-26-2008, 04:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystikjoe View Post

well eliab just got done doing his magic on my 141 today and all i can say is wow.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've added it to the flat panel (Post#2) list that's linked at the bottom of my post.

Enjoy.

Calibration Resources:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1354 of 5275 Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 88
LOL, I see you posted in two Threads, I just picked up your other Post (same content)..

I did post a question there...

Did you have Eliab calibrate isf Day or isf Night for b&w films?

EDIT: I see you answered HERE. Thank you

Quote:

i have a ton of ambient light in my room so i had him do the day for that and at night i find it to bright and strains my eyes so i had him do night for that. i haven't watched a black and white film in over a decade. although i'm thinking about popping one in to check out this set. speed racer on blu-ray is incredible and some of my guests at a party today said they've never seen anything like it which made me feel good about the 4500 i shelled out on my tv. i did get 2500 for my old 6070 so 2000 for this was a steal!

Need to find a Professional Calibrator?
me with your Display & City

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #1355 of 5275 Old 10-27-2008, 08:04 AM

Liked: 10
Update:

My 101 was supposed to arrive on sat to be installed. They showed up with the 111, after some negotiation. I kept the 111.

Thanks for the info throughout the thread.
post #1356 of 5275 Old 10-27-2008, 04:45 PM

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on the forums for a couple of years and following the Kuro story for most of that time. This past weekend I finally worked up the courage to spend the dollars needed to get my own 141, instead of just living vicariously through your forum posts. Not too sure on my delivery date yet, I should find out tomorrow.

It seems I am part of the growing group of people who will likely place their 141 on a stand instead of mounting. The portion of wall behind my placement is likely too narrow for a mount and I am too uninformed to know if the metal studs used in apartment construction are strong enough to hold the weight of the monitor.

Which brings me to my question. Are there any 151 owners around that have an unused pedestal they want to part with? I noticed a few in the previous posts, so maybe there is a chance. I am in the Vancouver area of Canada and something local is ideal, but shipping is feasible too. So if you do, please PM me.

Otherwise I just want to say thanks to all the people who have posted information in this thread, as a potential buyer it has helped me a lot. Whenever I get more information or my monitor, I will post some first thoughts and maybe some pictures.
post #1357 of 5275 Old 10-27-2008, 05:18 PM

The same thing happened to my panel with about 4-5 hours of play on it. The double flashing Standby RED LED means 1 of 3 boards is bad. There is a power board, a Y or horizontal sync board, and a X or vertical sync board.

It turned out my Y/horizontal sync board went out. I had to coordinate with Pioneer's customer service to get the board replaced. It has been working fine since the board was swapped out. It requires a Ohm meter to determine which board is bad.

As for a new panel, it could suffer the same problem.

HTH,
Tim

----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------
post #1358 of 5275 Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well eliab just got done doing his magic on my 141 today and all i can say is wow. this is the only break i took from watching it. i had him do isf day and isf night and all i can say is this is what it's supposed to look like!

have you posted these settings anywhere Mystik Joe? My 141 arrives on thursday, would love to have some settings to work from.
Or are these settings inaccessible from the normal menus?
post #1359 of 5275 Old 10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Burn View Post

have you posted these settings anywhere Mystik Joe? My 141 arrives on thursday, would love to have some settings to work from.

For ISF day and night settings , you need the controlcal software. You can buy it here www.Controlcal.com . I have Kevin coming over on the 16th of Nov. , I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!! Its totally worth having it professionally calibrated.

- Independent Dreams - IDStudios
post #1360 of 5275 Old 10-29-2008, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I've had no streaking or banding on my 151, so it may well be that Pioneer is getting better at solving this issue.

Ken, could you please share with us where you purchased your 151? Thanks.
post #1361 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post

Ken, could you please share with us where you purchased your 151? Thanks.

Robert @ Value Electronics.

post #1362 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 1148
Cajieboy, I bought it from Robert over at VE. He and Wendy were great with everything from start to finish. But it won't do you much good since you live in Florida and beyond the geographical limit that Robert is constrained to.

OK D-Nice, you beat me by about 5 seconds!
post #1363 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Burn View Post

Until you get your set calibrated it is probably best to leave the default setting with the exception of the "AV Selection" ... set to PURE. Everyone setup is different ... so what might work best for one might not for another.

Bob
If it is not HDTV it is not worth watching!
post #1364 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 06:22 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Cajieboy, I bought it from Robert over at VE. He and Wendy were great with everything from start to finish. But it won't do you much good since you live in Florida and beyond the geographical limit that Robert is constrained to.

I think Cajieboy has one already? If not, well .....
post #1365 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Ken...and D-Nice too!
post #1366 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O View Post

I think Cajieboy has one already? If not, well .....

I wish...!!! Due to the current turn of economic events in the past few months, not to mention my wife putting the nix on me plunking down $6000 on a new TV due to this wonderful economic news, I must wait on my next HT upgrade. I'll take another look in 90 days or so. I enjoy this hobby & AVS, and will continue to participate and learn and have fun.
post #1367 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 10:25 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post

I wish...!!! Due to the current turn of economic events in the past few months, not to mention my wife putting the nix on me plunking down $6000 on a new TV due to this wonderful economic news, I must wait on my next HT upgrade. I'll take another look in 90 days or so. I enjoy this hobby & AVS, and will continue to participate and learn and have fun.

I can understand that, we are here for you
post #1368 of 5275 Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

ROBERT & WENDY @ Value Electronics are GREAT to deal with!!!!
post #1369 of 5275 Old 10-31-2008, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I went to the website for the signature series and printed out the white balance factory measurements for my 141FD.

Can anyone explain what I am looking at ... x and y values for High, Mid and Low with a pretty graph!

Bob
post #1370 of 5275 Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDef Bob View Post

I went to the website for the signature series and printed out the white balance factory measurements for my 141FD.

Can anyone explain what I am looking at ... x and y values for High, Mid and Low with a pretty graph!

Post the values and we'll tell you. The x and y are coordinates on this diagram. The closer it is to x=.313 =.329 the more accurate it is. But I wouldn't really trust these readings.

What is dead can never die. Long live my 151!
post #1371 of 5275 Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Here are the values for my 141FD

High .. x:0.3139 y:0.324

Mid ... x:0.286 y:0.2893

Low ... x: 0.2733 y:0.2756

Bob
post #1372 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Hello, I'm sorry to divert from the current focus of the thread but I have some questions about presets and setting on my 141.

1) Do the settings optimized for a 151 apply for a 141. I'm thinking not. I put in D-Nice's setting and they are not pleasing on my set too washed out, lacking contrast, and color vividness). I used his PURE and SPORTS settings. Do you guys have a nice one for sports, HD cable, and for DVD movies?

2)When making adjustments to a preset, which parameters have the most bearing on the picture and when you as a user make a change do you just fiddle with the "PICTURE" category or do you go through everything ( like Options, Screen, etc)

Thanks to you all in advance. Dave. ps. I burned the set in with Evangelo's DVD for near 200 hrs under the recommended settings.
post #1373 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Some 141 Settings HERE

ControlCAL™

post #1374 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Thank you Turbe. I'll assume I need to buy this Control-Cal pack to apply these settings, right?
post #1375 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I think sillysally posted some Pure settings (and some ISFccc settings)... the ISFccc Interface is the way to go though..

ControlCAL™

post #1376 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks0 View Post

Thank you Turbe. I'll assume I need to buy this Control-Cal pack to apply these settings, right?

Yes you will have to donate $25.00usd to get Controlcal. And also you must have a computer and a $4.80 cable. However the cost of this is worth every penny. Chances are that if you have a ISF calibrator guy calibrate your 141 he/she will use controlcal. Without controlcal you will be locked out of the ISF mode. Plus with the 141 if you use ISF mode all video modes 480i,480p,750p,1080i and 1080p will all use the same settings, so you do not have to have different settings for each input source.

I am working on some new settings for ISF night mode and will post. Matter of fact I am thinking about posting more than one set of settings for ISF night mode.

What I am seeing is that the way calibrators are calibrating the Elites keeps changing. So imo there is no one best way to calibrate these Elites 9G.

"Don't worry be happy"

post #1377 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 04:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Huh????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

What I am seeing is that the way calibrators are calibrating the Elites keeps changing. So imo there is no one best way to calibrate these Elites 9G.

post #1378 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Huh????

When was the last time you updated your settings.Let me get my 8 ball out and see what it says. 10/24 update.

Matter of fact I just inputted your ISF night settings for the 151. I will be running Calman on them after dinner. Thanks for the updates. You seem to be the only ISF calibrator that will post settings. And yes I understand your 151 settings probably will not work for my 141. But non the less thanks for your posted settings.

"Don't worry be happy"

post #1379 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 06:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Ahhh. Yeah, I've gotten in the routine to recalibrate every month or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

When was the last time you updated your settings.Let me get my 8 ball out and see what it says. 10/24 update.

Matter of fact I just inputted your ISF night settings for the 151. I will be running Calman on them after dinner. Thanks for the updates. You seem to be the only ISF calibrator that will post settings. And yes I understand your 151 settings probably will not work for my 141. But non the less thanks for your posted settings.

post #1380 of 5275 Old 11-01-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

Ahhh. Yeah, I've gotten in the routine to recalibrate every month or so.

i wish you were my neighbor.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page